Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Mini 1050: Turmoil in Hotel LeSlaxx...Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Rules: (Stolen from Trumpet of Doom: All profits and proceeds as well as any credit for referenced work shall be redirected to him;Rule 9 slightly more leniant).

1. This is a game. Play to win, but also to have fun.
2. Votes must be in bold for them to count, like this:Vote: saberwolf. Unvoting is not necessary, but your fellow players will appreciate it.
2a. You may, if you so choose, vote by proxy.
3. Vote counts will be as close to the top of the page as I can put them.
4. I may be God, but I am not infallible. If I make a mistake, please tell me.
5. While the game is going on, do not discuss it except when and where I specifically allow you to.
5a. I post QuickTopics after the game. Take that into account when deciding what to write in one.
6. Similarly, do not quote private mod-player communications. You may paraphrase, though. If you're not sure if it crosses the line, run it by me.
7. Days will be deadlined at two weeks. Except for replacements, these are non-negotiable. At deadline, half of a majority will be required to lynch. There will be no reduced number of votes when there are 7 or fewer players.
8. V/LA: If it's in-thread, I'll see it. If it's in your sig, I'll see it. If you send me a PM, I'll see it, and I'll post it in-thread. If it's in the V/LA thread, I'll probably miss it. If I don't know about it, it is your fault. If it is too long, I'll ask for you to find your own replacement. (You may talk with your replacement before you have to leave.)
9. Prods will go out after 48 hours without a post (unless the player is on V/LA). The proddee will then have 48 hours to post in thread or they will be replaced. If you post before I get around to handing out the prod, you avoid the prod; similarly, if you return before I find a replacement, you can stay in the game. If you can't keep up, ask to be replaced out, or I will make the decision for you. I do not want to constantly be prodding players.
10. If enough players are voting for No Lynch to make any other majority impossible, the day will end in No Lynch.
11. When a lynch is reached, the game will enter twilight until I come to lock the thread. All players alive during that day may talk during twilight, but don't expect it to be particularly long.
12. Nights will last approximately 48 hours.
13. If you die, stop posting until after the game is over. You are allowed one "bah" post provided it contains no game-related content (something like "Go town!" is acceptable; something like "My tracking results were X and Y" is not).
14. If, for whatever reason, I decide to edit your post, it will be in blue bold. Don't use that style.
15. Anything that would be illegal to actually do is also illegal to fake.
16. If I find that I've left something off, or that something needs clarification, I reserve the right to update these rules. I will tell you if/when that happens.

Living Players(6)

Nicodemus
SkyQuiem
RankStranger

Hiralarious
Retrospective
Cogito Ergo Sum
foilist13

Dead Players (1)

ICEninja
Mafia Goon
Lynched Day 1
Seol
Vanilla Townie
Shot Night 1
Maemuki
Mafia Godfather
Lynched Day 2

This is an open game; all role PMs are right here:
1 Cop
1 Jailkeeper
5 Vanilla Townies
1 Mafia Godfather
1 Nilla Mafia

Vanilla Townie
Welcome to Hotel LeSlaxx! You were enjoying a nice vacation in the hotel until people started to go missing during the night...Now there are only 9 of you left! Your job is to figure out who is killing all these people by voting for who you think is mafia during the day. You have no special abilities. You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You win after all threats to the hotel have been removed.

Jailkeeper:
Welcome to Hotel LeSlaxx! You were enjoying a nice vacation in the hotel until people started to go missing during the night...Now there are only 9 of you left! Your job is to figure out who is killing all these people by voting for who you think is mafia during the day. You have a special key that locks people in their rooms. Once per night you may use this key to prevent someone from leaving their room while also protecting them from outside threats. You are a
Jailkeeper
. You win after all threats to the hotel have been removed.
Cop:
Welcome to Hotel LeSlaxx! You were enjoying a nice vacation in the hotel until people started to go missing during the night...Now there are only 9 of you left! Your job is to figure out who is killing all these people by voting for who you think is mafia during the day. You are the resident investigator who was trying to spend a nice quiet vacation with your wife. You are a
Cop
. You may send in one investigation every night to see a person's alignment. You win after all threats to the hotel have been removed.
Mafia Godfather:
Welcome to...wait a minute, you don't really want to be here at Hotel LeSlaxx, do you? Why else would you be killing all my patrons? You hate this place. Its over priced and the ambiance is just terrible. Why not take your rage out on some of the others? You are a
Mafia Godfather
along with your Vanilla Mafia Partner _________. You show up innocent on any cop investigations. You or your partner may choose to send in one kill every night. You also can talk in this QuickTopic every night:www.hi.whatever. You win once you make up the majority (or half) of the village or no scenario can prevent this from happening.
Mafia Goon:
Welcome to...wait a minute, you don't really want to be here at Hotel LeSlaxx, do you? Why else would you be killing all my patrons? You hate this place. Its over priced and the ambiance is just terrible. Why not take your rage out on some of the others? You are a
Mafia Goon
along with your Mafia Godfather Partner _________. You or your partner may choose to send in one kill every night. You also can talk in this QuickTopic every night:www.hi.whatever. You win once you make up the majority (or half) of the village or no scenario can prevent this from happening.
Cop message:
_________ is sided with the Hotel/Mafia
Roleblocked Message (Received in the morning if a mafia tried to make a kill or cop tried to investigate):
You could not leave your room!
Last edited by Slaxx on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Slaxx »

All Role PMs have been sent out. Reply to me via PM to confirm. Game will start when everyone has replied. Good luck and have fun :).
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:45 am

Post by Slaxx »

All confirmations Received! Let us begin :).

Vote Count D1:01

Not Voting:
ICEninja;Nicodemus;RankStranger;hiralarious;Seol;Cogito Ergo Sum;Maemuki;foilist13;Retrospective

EDIT: 9 Alive, 5 to lynch, btw.
Last edited by Slaxx on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
RankStranger
RankStranger
Townie
RankStranger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:53 am

Post by RankStranger »

Hi. Third game here.

VOTE: Retrospective

I might regret it, in retrospect. I guess we'll wait and see. Har.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:54 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Vote: Seol
for having the easiest name to write for my random vote.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Retrospective
Retrospective
Goon
Retrospective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Retrospective »

First game here. And its day start? :O

I sorta wanna OMGUS Rank for lawls.

I think I will :D

Vote: RankStranger
RankStranger
RankStranger
Townie
RankStranger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:58 am

Post by RankStranger »

How dare you, sir. HOW. DARE. YOU.
RankStranger
RankStranger
Townie
RankStranger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:59 am

Post by RankStranger »

Anyways. Third game on MS, played/modded lots of games on sperglord.org and various others. I think I might stay for a while.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:21 am

Post by Slaxx »

An issue of importance regarding a certain end game situation has been brought to my attention. In any scenario that ends in a Jailkeeper vs. 1 Mafia, Mafia wins. Normally this is a stalemate, but the wincon in the mafia's role PMs states specifically for mafia to win they only have to make up "half" of the village. Feel free to debate this with me via PMs, but you probably won't win.
Retrospective
Retrospective
Goon
Retrospective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Retrospective »

I've played EM for 6 months, so I'm familiar with the concept. I'm a bit worried that reading people will be more difficult because I can't see their first reaction to stuff. They get to sit here and think about how to sound as town as possible.
Retrospective
Retrospective
Goon
Retrospective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Retrospective »

Also, I just realized but under my name it says 'Townsperson' so obviously I'm a bad lynch.
RankStranger
RankStranger
Townie
RankStranger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:34 am

Post by RankStranger »

Retrospective wrote:I've played EM for 6 months, so I'm familiar with the concept. I'm a bit worried that reading people will be more difficult because I can't see their first reaction to stuff. They get to sit here and think about how to sound as town as possible.
What is EM? Epicmafia?

The reads are different when its a forum based instead of chat based, for sure. But the basic premise is the same, so if you've played enough there it'll translate well enough here.
Retrospective
Retrospective
Goon
Retrospective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Retrospective »

Yeah, EpicMafia. I'm sure I"ll catch on. If not, I can offer Matt sexual favors for him to tell me who mafia is.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Slaxx »

No amount of sexual favors will make the mod break the integrity of this game. However, sexual favors with no malicious intentions are always welcomed. While I am here I guess I will do a vote count.

Vote Count D1:02

RankStranger (1):
Retrospective
Seol (1):
Nicodemus
Retrospective (1):
RankStranger
Not Voting:
ICEninja;hiralarious;Seol;Cogito Ergo Sum;Maemuki;foilist13
hiralarious
hiralarious
Townie
hiralarious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by hiralarious »

:vote:cogito because of long name. :3
DID I MAKE THIS BOLD RIGHT?
If not... WELL, SOMEONE TEACH ME. <3

Also, way to whore it up retro. Approve, approve. <3
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Use [ b ] text [ /b ] to bold votes.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Vote: Hilarious

You had to see that coming.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Retro, who are you on EM? I'm Nicodemus on there as well, haven't played in a while though.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Vote: Hilarious
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

P.S. My name is relatively short if one considers the thought it expresses. Don't hold it against me that my name isn't devoid of meaning.

P.P.S. Seol, you should totally vote for Hilarious. The odds of him being scum are 1 in 4, which is pretty good.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Retrospective
Retrospective
Goon
Retrospective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by Retrospective »

I'm LOLUMAD on EM.

Also
Unvote: RankStranger

I'm unvoting so I can try to lynch someone who is lynching hira. >:[

P.S. I will probably not like any of you that vote Hira today if she gets voted out.
Retrospective
Retrospective
Goon
Retrospective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Retrospective »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:P.S. My name is relatively short if one considers the thought it expresses. Don't hold it against me that my name isn't devoid of meaning.

P.P.S. Seol, you should totally vote for Hilarious. The odds of him being scum are 1 in 4, which is pretty good.
Hira's a girl. And I'm seriously raging.

Vote: Cogito Ergo Sum
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Hurm, Descartes here is acting strangely.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
hiralarious
hiralarious
Townie
hiralarious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by hiralarious »

That's cute.
Also, learn to read guys.
HIRALARIOUS.
It really isn't that hard.

But w/e.
unvote
And I like how you guys jump on me for no retarded reason.
Good lord. >.>
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by ICEninja »

I like to ask a few questions to get myself acquainted with people, since I've never actually played with any of you. Hello everyone!
Firstly, what is everyone's timezone? This is nice to know because we could be waiting for someone's post, only for it to come at strange hours if we have oversees friends.
Secondly, what is your experience here at MS, other forums, and party related mafia? I like to know if people are experienced, just beginning, or have played elsewhere but not here like Retro.
Finally, I'd like to get an idea of everyone's activity level. If someone isn't going to be posting every day, it's good for me to know that.

To answer my own questions, I live in pacific time, which I believe is GMT -7. I've played a good handful of game here at MS, about 8 or 9, and have hosted a slew of party setting mafia games amongst my friends and youth groups. I'm moderately experienced, but by no means a master of the game. I am, however, quite active. I'll probably post every day, and on some days several posts if there are important things happening.

I would like to warn everyone that I tend to post very lengthy reads with a lot of detail and a lot of thoughts. If there are players here who can't deal with that, let me know now and we'll see what we can do about that.

I don't do random votes every game, unless I feel the present need to. However, at the moment I'd like to point out that hira seems awfully jumpy about random votes. I'm also keeping my eye on Cog, for 2 things. Firstly, he didn't pay enough attention to realize there isn't a player in this game named "hilarious", and also for attempting to build a wagon on a 1/4th chance of success. Definitely not off to a good start.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”