Mini 1041: Wheel of Fortune Mafia (Game over!)

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:57 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Oman wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:Not random voting.
Vote The good Prof. Guppy

How's that working out for you :P
Quite well, actually. My scumdar just got a blip when I pointed it in your direction.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:26 am

Post by Charlie »

Hey people!

I'm going to softclaim my role. Yeah, in my first post. I did not get the Vanilla Townie role PM. I got something else which IMHO is... well quite frankly, useless. And I mean really useless. Not even like a weak doctor, who can at least confirm who is town-aligned if he hits a townie. Not quite so like a CPR doctor who can at least act like a vigilante when he protects who isn't targeted for a night kill.

In addition, there is a subtle hinting here about the possibility of a mason-like partner. Strange or what?

I might also make a reference to Scooby-Doo: I like that van.
Kindness
brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:58 am

Post by brianj »

Prof. Guppy wrote:@ yabbaguy, I choose not to random vote, because I know it goes against the mafiascum grain. People usually jump on me about that. They think this minor bucking of tradition is a scumtell.
These people are either inexperienced, or scum themselves.
If your tendency not to RVS is to, as you put it, draw out scum attacks, why tell us about it immediately? Yabbaguy did ask but there was absolutely no need for you to add that last sentence in my opinion.

Don't know what to think of Charlie's post at the moment.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:01 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Charlie, do you know who this buddy is? I think they or you are scum, presuming my guess of your softclaim is correct.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:33 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

No votes huh?

And, slap my ass and call me charlie..oman, here???????? Been ages.

vote Oman
, you the man.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:35 am

Post by FakeGod »

Charlie wrote:Hey people!

I'm going to softclaim my role. Yeah, in my first post. I did not get the Vanilla Townie role PM. I got something else which IMHO is... well quite frankly, useless. And I mean really useless. Not even like a weak doctor, who can at least confirm who is town-aligned if he hits a townie. Not quite so like a CPR doctor who can at least act like a vigilante when he protects who isn't targeted for a night kill.
lol don't worry about it. My role is just about as useless as yours :D
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:36 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Charlie wrote:Hey people!

In addition, there is a subtle hinting here about the possibility of a mason-like partner. Strange or what?

I might also make a reference to Scooby-Doo: I like that van.
Seriously, I have no clue what you just said here or if you are saying what I think you are saying, why you decided to say it.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:11 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Charlie is town for post 26.
CKD is slightly scummy.
Our RVS vote on FakeGod stays.
yabba, stop rolefishing.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:50 am

Post by Charlie »

yabbaguy wrote:Charlie, do you know who this buddy is? I think they or you are scum, presuming my guess of your softclaim is correct.
What? Am I really supposed to answer this question? It kinda rubs me the wrong way, sorry.
I have an observation: your first post, #16 and your avatar tells me that you have at least a mild amount of OCD personality. I like that!
curiouskarmadog wrote:Seriously, I have no clue what you just said here or if you are saying what I think you are saying, why you decided to say it.
Well I'm pretty sure the reason is in that post there somewhere...
Kindness
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:03 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Asperger's actually. There's a degree of obsessive qualities related to it, but nah, it ain't OCD. And I just hate the look of Yabbaguy. It just has to be the lowercase y or it looks stupid.

Charlie, you're obviously a Mystery Wedge; your softclaim is too blatantly obvious for an avid WoF and game show fan like me (another Asperger's aspect, seriously, practically all the game show nerds I know have a mental disability of sorts! :D ). The reason I want you to claim and the reason why I'm fishing at that claim and trying to out your partner is that I think one of you two has to be scum (i.e. you're actually Neighbors, not Masons).

To those who haven't watched Wheel of Fortune recently (rather a long span of time in this instance), there are two Mystery Wedges on the wheel. If a contestant lands on one, it initially counts as a $1000 space if they guess a letter correctly. However, then they have the chance to pick up the wedge and flip it over. One of the two wedges hides a fabulous prize (usually $10,000 nowadays), and the other hides a Bankrupt. I can't see how Bankrupt is anything other than a scum role, while the $10K is pro-Town.

If that's the case, I think Charlie O'Donnell or his partner is scum. It makes perfect sense.

Reckamonic, stop telling me to stop fishing when I'm doing it to hunt scum.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:28 am

Post by brianj »

No, what you are making is assumption out of nowhere. I understand this is beginning of the day and there is not much to go upon but simply asking someone to reveal some of their role just because you have understanding of the flavour is just to much. Unless specifically stated so I am sticking with the opinion that one's alignment is arbitrary.

Moreover, I think Charlie explicitedly stated that his role was "useless". What you are describing is POSITIVE "fabulous prize"/ NEGATIVE "bankrupt" sticks. Useless =/= fabulous prize emo.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:29 am

Post by Charlie »

Acute observation, yabbaguy. Role name is correct and your attempt to guess at the actual mechanic is pretty good, but I doubt it is accurate. You see, there are some things in my role PM that I'm not sharing publicly... You just have to trust me on this.

As for the partner question... give me some time to think about answering this. I'm a tad bit flustered at your response, and need to choose my words carefully.
Kindness
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:34 am

Post by FakeGod »

Charlie wrote:Acute observation, yabbaguy. Role name is correct and your attempt to guess at the actual mechanic is pretty good, but I doubt it is accurate. You see, there are some things in my role PM that I'm not sharing publicly... You just have to trust me on this.

As for the partner question... give me some time to think about answering this. I'm a tad bit flustered at your response, and need to choose my words carefully.
I trust ya dude :cool:

*brofists Charlie*

Calling all touhou fans!
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Charlie »

FakeGod wrote:I trust ya dude :cool:

*brofists Charlie*
Oh! Allrighttttt!
Kindness
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:01 am

Post by yabbaguy »

If you don't perceive it as a blatantly obvious dichotomy the way I'm describing it, we probably should jettison this plan unless you've got another idea. It's your role, you tell me.

And everyone caught that O'Donnell crack, yes? :lol:

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:22 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Vote: reckamonic
for baselessly tearing down my strategy.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Reckamonic »

we totally tore down your strategy.
wait, how?

Either way, it's not efficient. So we know that one of Charlie and FG is scum.
We also know the odds of there being a strong PR between those two is huge. If the scum has any form or redirection or blocking, you've FUCKED OVER a town PR.

on that lovely note,
Unvote
._.
meeeeeeep?
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:55 am

Post by yabbaguy »

So we know that one of Charlie and FG is scum.
I don't believe the $10K wedge is super fantabulous, and I don't see why having this dichotomy isn't helpful information.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

yabbaguy wrote:Asperger's actually. There's a degree of obsessive qualities related to it, but nah, it ain't OCD. And I just hate the look of Yabbaguy. It just has to be the lowercase y or it looks stupid.

Charlie, you're obviously a Mystery Wedge; your softclaim is too blatantly obvious for an avid WoF and game show fan like me (another Asperger's aspect, seriously, practically all the game show nerds I know have a mental disability of sorts! :D ). The reason I want you to claim and the reason why I'm fishing at that claim and trying to out your partner is that I think one of you two has to be scum (i.e. you're actually Neighbors, not Masons).

To those who haven't watched Wheel of Fortune recently (rather a long span of time in this instance), there are two Mystery Wedges on the wheel. If a contestant lands on one, it initially counts as a $1000 space if they guess a letter correctly. However, then they have the chance to pick up the wedge and flip it over. One of the two wedges hides a fabulous prize (usually $10,000 nowadays), and the other hides a Bankrupt. I can't see how Bankrupt is anything other than a scum role, while the $10K is pro-Town.

If that's the case, I think Charlie O'Donnell or his partner is scum. It makes perfect sense.

Reckamonic, stop telling me to stop fishing when I'm doing it to hunt scum.
QFT. But, I would like to point out that just because someone's role is a negative aspect of the show, that does not necessarily mean they are scum. Mods can be tricksy every once in a while. While understanding the theme may help us find the mafia, it should not be used as a substitute for traditional scumhunting.

Having said that, I will go along with the "one of Charlie or FG is scum" plan...for now. But I will leave my scumdar on, and use it to double check my suspicions. I suggest everyone else do the same.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:20 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Mod meta time.

StrangerCoug has, in the past, been completely straightforward with naming his roles. He has given safeclaims to the scum on each occasion, but at the same time, the scum actually have names relevant to the antagonists of the story, such as gas-guzzling machines as scum against infrastructure and signs for Town in Go Play in Traffic! and in Help, My Computer Got Infected!, computer parts were Town and the viruses themselves were scum.

I would figure that Bankrupt/Lose a Turn would be the scum in this case, since the flavor is "getting rid of the things that make contestants lose". I don't see why Coug would be counterintuitive and make the both of those Mystery Wedges Town when one of the wedges on the real show holds a dirty little secret.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:57 am

Post by brianj »

I am sorry, but I am not particularly sure whether FakeGod is his partner, or at least there wasn't any clear confirmation about it at all besides his random ambiguous post. So I don't know why Reckamonic and Prof. Guppy is suddenly coming down with the idea of "one of Charlie and FG is scum".
Reckamonic wrote:we totally tore down your strategy.
wait, how?

Either way, it's not efficient. So we know that one of Charlie and FG is scum.
We also know the odds of there being a strong PR between those two is huge. If the scum has any form or redirection or blocking, you've FUCKED OVER a town PR.

on that lovely note,
Unvote
Both players claimed themselves to be useless, though. Moreover if Charlie and FG is indeed mystery wedge and knows each other, and had the same idea yabbaguy had, mafia already knew who is the other PR anyway. yabbaguy's action can only constitute as rolefishing only if mystery wedges do not know each other.

Actually, it may be interesting to keep in mind if two mystery wedges actually did not know each other Charlie's soft roleclaim might be attempt to draw out response from another one should Town/Scum theory turn out correct. But for moment this is all WIFOM at best, methinks.
PieMan
PieMan
Goon
PieMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:15 am

Post by PieMan »

ok VOTE: Charlie

If you can show evidence that this is what you do im willing to remove my vote(cite only finished games)

@charlie do you always straight up claim you have a crap role? this is bad for town, very bad for town. Fakegod, why r u guys telling your power levels?

Like crap, this whole page, just screams bad in like two different directions, those asking powers and those telling them.
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware"
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny"
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:32 am

Post by jmj3000 »

Hey charlie, I am going to try and make up for my mistake of not listening to you in L4D mafia and listen to you now.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:40 am

Post by FakeGod »

Trust me when I say that when I say that Charlie and I didn't know each other before the game started, which is why Charlie actually had to softclaim for me to find him, and there is a very good reason why he soft-claimed looking for me.

Guys, could you stop asking/speculating about me and Charlie? I can guarantee right now that both of us are town.

Calling all touhou fans!
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Reckamonic »

brianj's #27 doesn't sit well with me, specifically because he just shows up seemingly to say that he doesn't know what to think of Charlie's post.

brian, what do you think of Charlie's post now?

CKD is scummy for the same reasons as brianj, only in post 31.

yabba's post makes a lot of sense regarding the mystery wedges, but Charlie refutes them, and Charlie is obvtown, so...

FakeGod buddying up to Charlie seems a bit too obvious to be a scum maneuver, so we'll just label him VI for now and ignore it.

yabba's vote on us is stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid. we... tore down his strategy... baselessly? wut. But I can't help and agree that this mystery wedge thing holds a lot of weight...so unless Charlie is bankruptcy.

jmj3000 shows up just to openly sheep Charlie (which is understandable after L4D) but seriously man, show us some content if you're gonna bother to post, there are only two pages thus far.
._.
meeeeeeep?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”