caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:49 am

Post by caelum »

Sorry about my inactivity, I'll be making a post later tonight.
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Hrezs »

Your delay on is why its scummy. You mentioned it before, but instead of voting then, you waited. Putting it down for that reason now is deflecting attention off of yourself.
Town should not have any reason to be nervous, they have nothing to hide.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Tasky »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Furcolow
you are scum

[new scumhunting technique]let's play a game: you tell me what you think I think about you right now... [/new scumhunting technique]

this also answers boberz's question on scumhunting...

boberz is a bad wagon... I like starting games with RQS too and I have been attacked for posting anti-town questions too... and I was townie... therefore, the attack is nothing...
moose200x wrote:
I am still interested how panicy/nervous is actually a scum tell.
You're driving home one night after smoking a fat blunt. The blue lights flash in your mirror. You stuff your bag under the seat and roll down the window. The cop says "Please step out of the car sir" You are now nervous.

Same situation but you don't have drugs on you nor have you smoked in the past week. When the cop says "Please step out of the car sir" You smile say "yes sir" and have no real nervous thoughts.
another pair of stories:
A: you are a killer. no one has any proof for your crimes at all, some people want to kill you for it and they ask you questions. you know they don't know nothing. you are a bit nervous.
B: you are innocent. some people are suspicious of you and want to kill you for crimes you didn't commit. you know they have no clue about the real killer and that you are one of few suspects and that they will kill someone. you are a bit nervous.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Furcolow »

archaebob wrote:@ Furcolow - You didn't answer my two questions.

And there's no hypocrisy. There's a difference between gathering information that helps town and asking for information that helps scum. The ONLY thing you are going to accomplish by asking for a claim this early is to out a PR. This is a terrible idea. How exactly does asking for a claim help town this early in the game? It certainly helps scum.

@ boberz -

Can you post a few links of town metas?
I prefer claiming as town. The last time I was a PR, I was a jailkeeper, and I tried to organize a mass roleclaim. That is basically like admitting you're a medic, which isn't common at all, but it's how I prefer to play the game. I feel like the more information that is flowing, the better it is for the town. Sorry you disagree.

I did not catch your 2 questions you asked me

@Moose: how fat is the blunt? :) Good point, though. People do act differently based upon what they know, and the circumstances surrounding what is happening.

I am content with boberz defense of himself. I'm not ready to write him off as confirmed, and I wasn't ever really suspicious of the RQS, I was suspicious of his lurking the forum and not posting until being called out on it.

@Tasky: I guess you think that I'm mafia, if you're voting for me, or you're mafia trying to pressure a power role. Either way, I don't really care. No case is going to stick to me.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Furcolow »

forgot to do this:
unvote
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Tasky »

Furcolow wrote:@Tasky: I guess you think that I'm mafia, if you're voting for me, or you're mafia trying to pressure a power role. Either way, I don't really care. No case is going to stick to me.
I already stated that you are scum... I wanted to know if you can imagine
why
I think so...
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:13 am

Post by moose200x »

Tasky wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Furcolow
you are scum

[new scumhunting technique]let's play a game: you tell me what you think I think about you right now... [/new scumhunting technique]

You think I am awesome. You also think I am very cool.

I'd guess for realz you think very little of me.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I can't imagine why you would to be honest
I am trying to win here
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by NicolBolas »

On me “Flip-Flopping” with my opinion on boberz:

For me, everyone starts off with a null rating. I ask questions and see what they bring to me. I also look at the posts by people. That is how i decide if people are scummy. I will clarify exactly what happened. I believe that certain people are trying to use my alleged flip flopping as a way to attack me. I will start off by showing people the quotes in question:
NicolBolas wrote:
boberz wrote: How do you plan to find scum?
By asking questions and attacking odd things i see

AS other people have said, i really dislike the question "How do you plan to find scum?". This makes it look like you are trying to see what is scummy to others and avoid it. Defense please.
My original question.
boberz wrote:Erm, we should all be avoiding what other people think is scummy first of all. But the idea was to put emphasis in everybody's mind on scumhunting, too many day 1s are random votes followed by two wagons one of which ends up in a mislynch. Crap. So I was doing something different, ie get everyone to think about how they scumhunt. I am not going into what I read into the various responses before everyone has done it, neither am I providing my answers until others have because of the risk of scum just trying to latch on to what I am looking for.

Note, the only person to actually explain what was scummy about that question is me. NB just rewrote what I said about it. This is a massive fallacy I expect everyone to understand. Everybody should be trying to look town, and town should be looking for scum.
Here boberz explains his reasons for including the question in the list.
NicolBolas wrote:@Boberz- your response is good.
Here i said that the answer was good, meaning i thought it was valid.

boberz had adequately explained his reasoning for the inclusion of the question.
archaebob wrote: 1)
Overreaction

2)
Desperately Overdefensive

3)
His defense is WIFOM, and makes no sense
Later, archaebob points out these three things, related to boberz’s response and the style. I though that the points brought up were very good, so i added my vote in this post:
NicolBolas wrote:@arachebob- that's a great case. I don't have much to add, but I want to hear what he has in his own defense.

vote boberz
Then FEMM says i flip-flopped in this post:
FEMM the Attorney wrote:NicolBolas, you just flip-flopped from being suspicious of boberz, to liking his defense, then seeing archeabob's case and placing a vote...
The above post looks suspiciously like a strawman argument. Who joins that “bandwagon” of accusing me of flip flopping are the following- boberz, moose,

Then boberz accuses me of voting him for the exact same thing that he defended himself from. This is not true. archaebob’s case brought up different issues than what i asked boberz about earlier. Then FEMM votes me for “defending my flip-flopping”.

THEN boberz says i massively flip-flopped. I just find the interaction between boberz and FEMM quite odd. They build off each other’s weak cases on me, to the point where they scream i am scummy.

By the way, my vote was just trying to add pressure on archaebob’s case. i made it clear i was voting boberz because of arachebob’s post.

Later Furclow says that he wrote off almost all suspicion of boberz, in the same type of wording as FEMM earlier. Compare:
FEMM the Attorney wrote:I think boberz has put up a good defense now... I can't say my suspicion is totally dropped, but it's not as high as it was.
Furcolow wrote: I am content with boberz defense of himself. I'm not ready to write him off as confirmed, and I wasn't ever really suspicious of the RQS, I was suspicious of his lurking the forum and not posting until being called out on it.
------------------------------

Now, my opinion of the game so far is:

FEMM, and Furcolow is scummy, boberz is mildly scummy,

moose is slightly odd, arachebob is too zealous..

null reads on everyone else. I’m not sure what to make of Tasky.

I’ll now
unvote, vote FEMM
because out of all the people in the game, his posts seem the most dishonest to me.

I'm going to look at Furc and Tasky in ISO and see what i get from there.
This is Klazam's old account.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Furcolow wrote:I prefer claiming as town. The last time I was a PR, I was a jailkeeper, and I tried to organize a mass roleclaim. That is basically like admitting you're a medic, which isn't common at all, but it's how I prefer to play the game. I feel like the more information that is flowing, the better it is for the town. Sorry you disagree.

I did not catch your 2 questions you asked me

@Moose: how fat is the blunt? Good point, though. People do act differently based upon what they know, and the circumstances surrounding what is happening.

I am content with boberz defense of himself. I'm not ready to write him off as confirmed, and I wasn't ever really suspicious of the RQS, I was suspicious of his lurking the forum and not posting until being called out on it.

@Tasky: I guess you think that I'm mafia, if you're voting for me, or you're mafia trying to pressure a power role. Either way, I don't really care. No case is going to stick to me.
I have a lot of problems with this post.

1) "That's just the way I play" is total bullshit. Claims are christmas presents to scum. They out PR's or eliminate PR possibilities. There is 0 benefit to the town other than slight comfort of information which will quickly become irrelevant when the PR shows up dead that same night. I don't buy for a second that you actually think early claims are pro-town. Should we all just claim now to make things easier for you?

2) Good job. Answer the questions now. Right now.

3) Boberz defense of himself is digging his hole deeper, not pulling him out. If you actually bothered to read the case you would see that he is still committing the same scum tell he was originally accused of. Clearly you are not reading closely, which is a common scum tell.

4) "No case is going to stick to me." Classic scum trying to look tough. There's already a wagon on you my friend, and it just got larger.

unvote, vote: Furcolow[/quote]

Now, while I try and do this myself, I would like someone to initiate a wagon who is not Archaebob, and I would like Archaebob not to try and lead that wagon irrespective of whether or not he agrees with it.

@Archaebob: If you like whatever case someone puts up please just vote without taking it over. We need to see how people behave on their own without following you. Your rhetoric is effective and useful, but right now it is becoming an obstacle. It's too easy for people to say you're right and squat.

I'm going to start reading to look for my own case. Until then.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Nevermind, Nick already posted a case
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by NicolBolas »

@foil- your vote tags is broken.
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by NicolBolas »

@Tasky- attacking for somebody for being scummy and telling them to think of why they are scummy strikes me as a strange way to scumhunt. can you explain why you are trying this?

@Fur- you placed somebody at L-1 rather quickly. did you legitimately think that he should have been lynched at that point? Your unvote leads me to think not. So why did you want to vote boberz in the first place? If not for a lynch, then what? Something tells me that you are townie despite others' doubts. Is this correct?

@foil- are you saying you plan to sheep on my case with FEMM? Why dont you evaluate who you think is scummy and go from there?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Furcolow »

In response to your rolefishing to see if I'm a townie, I'm not going to claim at this point of the game. I will claim when the town agrees that is the best option. I have claimed way too early in other games which has lead to my lynch when I wasn't scum. I am going to try to learn from that. What do we have in the day as a town besides our votes? You can't expect to have a dayvig EVERY game. :)

The reason I placed him at L-1 was because I feel that pressuring someone is the best way to get information on day one. Another reason I voted him was because I had indicated I was going to previously by putting FoS on him. I liked the case that had been associated with him, except in relation to his questionnaire, so I wanted to pressure him for his lurkiness, and then didn't feel bad about it where I had originally staked my claim through FoS. When I saw he was at L-1, though, counting all the votes on him, and checking the player list, I hastily unvoted before scum could hammer.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Wraith »

I don't see much in terms of "flip-flopping" from NB. He posted suspicions on boberz, then redacted them after boberz's defense, then voted for him after archaebob's convincing case against boberz. That more "action reaction" than "flip-flop." As for me I'm awful suspicious of Furcolow, due to the actual flip-flopping he did on page 3(?), where he voted for boberz, redacted to prevent a quickhammer, then voted for him again only 30 minutes later.

I'd vote, but first:
mod, votecount please
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by NicolBolas »

Fur- Sorry. that sentence was badly worded. I meant that i believed you were protown despite others' opinion. Though, you say that you wanted to vote to pressure him, but not lynch? My onion of votes is that they are to be used on people that you want to lynch. hmm?
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Hrezs »

Unvote, Vote:Wraith

not feelin him
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Furcolow »

NicolBolas wrote:Fur- Sorry. that sentence was badly worded. I meant that i believed you were protown despite others' opinion. Though, you say that you wanted to vote to pressure him, but not lynch? My onion of votes is that they are to be used on people that you want to lynch. hmm?
if he responds poorly to the pressure, i'll continue with the 2nd step, sure. I wouldn't have minded lynching boberz at all, just like I don't mind Wraith being lynched. I believe those are the two people I've voted for.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Furcolow »

@Wraith: My "flip flopping" as you're trying to refer to it as was intended only so scum couldn't hammer. When Archaebob unvoted, though, it wasn't L-1. I didn't want him at be at L-1, L-2 was fine with me.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Furcolow »

a2rudeboy wrote:/confirm

heya femm, my fellow newbie 997 se!
a2rudeboy wrote:
NicolBolas wrote:

And I'm not a democrat. :D
vote: nic

unvote
This is the entirety of his posts.
unvote
vote: a2rudeboy
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:06 pm

Post by NicolBolas »

Fur- a2 has not been posting in other games also. Do you think he is lurking scummily or do you think he is scum based on his posts?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:20 pm

Post by Furcolow »

He is not posting for me to get a read on him, so I'm voting for him. Scum can be inactive.
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:26 pm

Post by NicolBolas »

Fair enough.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:32 pm

Post by Furcolow »

@NicolBolas: I don't really follow guidelines in this game as you can tell. I've always heard that "it's not time to lynch inactives until day 3, day 2 at the earliest". Have you heard that? If you have, why is that?
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by NicolBolas »

Fur- I never heard that. It's still early in day one, so I don't really think it is time to lynch a2. I'm willing to wait until he is replaced. But if he contunites to post little content over the game, I'll get on his ass.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”