Open 244: Carbon-14 (Game Over, Werewolves win!)

CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:50 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

I'm here, and I'm fine with mass claim.

As for A2's comment re: werescum vs mafiascum because the Seer got the NK. I don't think it does. No matter what they were, killing the confirmed townie was going to happen.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:07 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Was it though? Scum already knows who all the townies are. Mafiascum would really have no reason to NK a claimed seer as i see it. He's not going to be able to find out anything about them that would hurt them in the game. Plus, because of all the heat [sic] was receiving through most of the day, he would be a pretty good choice for them to direct a lynch towards today.

Werescum on the other hand...
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

a2rudeboy wrote:Was it though? Scum already knows who all the townies are. Mafiascum would really have no reason to NK a claimed seer as i see it. He's not going to be able to find out anything about them that would hurt them in the game. Plus, because of all the heat [sic] was receiving through most of the day, he would be a pretty good choice for them to direct a lynch towards today.

Werescum on the other hand...
There was no chance we were lynching sic today. There was no counter-claim.

I don't understand why you are WIFOMing all over the place. Why does it matter why they killed sic? We need to find the scummiest player if they are mafia or wolf.

CML it's fine that you are here, can you comment on something that isn't the least important point brought up today?

I'll start the popcorn massclaim if everyone wants.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

I think it does matter. To the extent we either have a PR that's useless, or one entirely helpful at this point.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:52 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Even if the cop cannot get investigations, it is helpful as he is a confirmed townie. That's not useless.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:44 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Right, so people think the sic wagon was scum driven. Mind if I ask why?
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:54 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

I don't think it was scum driven per se...I was just arguing that a [sic] wagon on d2, had he made it through the night, would be definite signs of mafia not werewolves
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

Cases slightly delayed, likely coming tomorrow because I forgot about going to the beach.
Anyway, a2rude, are you saying that it's werewolves not mafia because [sic], basically a confirmed town, got NK'd, and you see no reason for mafia to kill a practically confirmed town? Sounds more like you have inside info about whether it's mafia or werewolves.

CML, can you please start contributing? You come in every once in a while with one-line posts that aren't very helpful.

I'm fine with you starting, scott.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Me=Weird wrote:Cases slightly delayed, likely coming tomorrow because I forgot about going to the beach.
Anyway, a2rude, are you saying that it's werewolves not mafia because [sic], basically a confirmed town, got NK'd, and you see no reason for mafia to kill a practically confirmed town? Sounds more like you have inside info about whether it's mafia or werewolves.

CML, can you please start contributing? You come in every once in a while with one-line posts that aren't very helpful.

I'm fine with you starting, scott.
Agree with all of this post.

Anyway, I am VT.

Copper claim next.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

Ok, I am incredibly tempted to vote both brosius and me=weird after those two posts. buddybuddyscummyscumsbuddyscum. you know exactly what i mean, i've said it three or for times. check out my first few posts of the day.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by Copper »

I am a vanilla townie. I'd like a2 to claim next.

Apologises for the sparse posting, I (as in, this head) have had no time for mafia the last few days. I'll say quickly that a.) I think speculation of werewolves versus mafia is a red herring and b.) persecution of those who are speculating is also probably a red herring. It's something that, whether town or scum, you'd probably only bring up if you weren't thinking about the power of confirmed townies. I doubt it'd be employed as a deliberate diversion by scum. Though a2 could very well be scum, if he is the werewolf/mafia speculation is probably unrelated to his alignment.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:49 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Oh, we're scum together because we happen to agree that you're not making much sense? And, if that isn't what you mean, then no, I don't know exactly what you mean. Please clarify, as it very much looks like you're saying what I thought you're saying.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:53 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Fine, ok. Cop.

[quote="a2rudeboy"]
P
art of the things about my playstyle that seems to lead to me getting in trouble a lot, is that I always keep the games i'm playing in open in a tab.
I
t then looks like i'm always browsing the forum, which i technically am.
G
bood news is, I've replaced out of 3 of my other games, leaving just this one and another which i plan on being able to focus on.

We are in a pretty bad state of things here. I'm due for a reread, just to keep my mind fresh on the game. All i can say is out of the main targets I had the first day, one got lynched and came up VT, and the other never seemed to get much suspicion from anyone but me. I did some iso-reading when my comp issues got solved (
sometime during the night,
wed or thurs, can't be sure) and I've
cleared most of my suspicions on Me=Weird.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

So you're saying you got an inno on me? And what kind of breadcrumbs are "PIG"? And why are my suspects claiming PR's!?!?
Who do you want to go next? Me or CML?

Why copper is(are?) scum:

Says that they thought [sic] was being genuine, without ever saying why.
They limit themselves to going after people who were on the [sic] wagon. Say that we continued to attack [sic] after the "obvious breadcrumbs", which I never noticed.
I know what impression I got from that post. AtE and not wanting a lynch on page 4. Copper seemed to get something else though, see below.
Seems to think the reason we don't see the breadcrumbs is because we don't know what breadcrumbs are, which is not true. Says "Hammering me at this point would be a VERY BAD MOVE." on page four and "Might claim soon. Losing hope that some people are able to actually help themselves/the town out." are breadcrumbs. The first one is, like I said before, not wanting a lynch on page 4 and AtE. The second part is AtE.
Admits to buddying, apparently thinks doing so will make a group of confirmed towns. At least that's what it seems like they're saying.
Robo's flip for whatever reason makes them very interested in picking apart the [sic] wagon. Not sure why.
For this last post, I have nothing to say except refer to post #207.

If it weren't LyLo, this is where my vote would be.
H(uge)HoS: Copper

Why CML is a likely scumbuddy:

Huge lurking, not responding at all to responses, the few posts are not only far between, but also very short and unhelpful. Sorry, not much analysis, more PoE, I don't think Scott is scum, unless there's a cc, there's no reason to disbelieve a2rude's claim, and I know I'm town.
FoS: CallMeLiam
Show

a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

Pig= Cop
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

I'm gonna ask this again since it didn't get answered just criticised the first time:
CallMeLiam wrote:Right, so people think the sic wagon was scum driven. Mind if I ask why?
I'll claim next, since there's only two of us left. VT.

As for who's the scum pair I honestly have no idea. Going back over the game I don't like mass claim as much as I did before, but I see the appeal. I don't like people using a lack of activity as a scum tell, and since I was quite happily on the (sic) wagon I'm not sure I think it's a scum driven one.

The A2 and Copper mutual townie bit seems too obvious to be a real scum pair but then I don't really buy this as a reason not to suspect either of them. Due to this I'm leaning towards seeing Copper as scum because of the uncountered cop claim from A2.

As you can see: pretty lost.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Me=Weird »

I don't think it was scum driven, as me(not scum) and robo were driving it.
So you don't like a mass-claim, but you see what's good about it.
As I said, it was more PoE. Interesting that you don't like using inactivity as a scum-tell when you're so inactive.
Well, as I claim VT, there aren't any cc's, so a2rude practically can't be scum. I think you're scum, along with my first pick, copper.

I will wait for copper's response, and depending on it, may vote as the deadlines in a few days.
Show

Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:01 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

CallMeLiam wrote:I'm gonna ask this again since it didn't get answered just criticised the first time:
CallMeLiam wrote:Right, so people think the sic wagon was scum driven. Mind if I ask why?
I'll claim next, since there's only two of us left. VT.

As for who's the scum pair I honestly have no idea. Going back over the game I don't like mass claim as much as I did before, but I see the appeal. I don't like people using a lack of activity as a scum tell, and since I was quite happily on the (sic) wagon I'm not sure I think it's a scum driven one.

The A2 and Copper mutual townie bit seems too obvious to be a real scum pair but then I don't really buy this as a reason not to suspect either of them. Due to this I'm leaning towards seeing Copper as scum because of the uncountered cop claim from A2.

As you can see: pretty lost.
I've seen scum pull this before. "Game is too hard, I have no idea who is scum!" Basically reads as, I can't make a case good enough to inspire a mislynch.

Saying that the [sic] wagon is not scum driven because you were on it is completely flawed. You use a possibly false premise of you being town to support that argument.

The last paragraph doesn't take a stance on anybody. Fluff.

I'm tired of being careful and given everyone has claimed....

Vote: CallMeLiam

rudeboy is obvtown at this point.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:22 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Scott Brosius wrote:Saying that the [sic] wagon is not scum driven because you were on it is completely flawed. You use a possibly false premise of you being town to support that argument.
Saying it was scum driven for no reason is also flawed. I'm yet to get an answer to it so...
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:32 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Scott:Feel free to say you've seen scum doing this before, but I've seen town do it before too so let's call it null.

Would you prefer my last paragraph take a stance when I've already stated I have no reads? Seems to me like you complain when I make short posts and then complain when my posts are long despite me having very little to say.

me=: I've never thought inactivity was a scum tell, but I have always thought of people picking it out as scummy. I can't help outside circumstances keeping me from the game.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

CallMeLiam wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:Saying that the [sic] wagon is not scum driven because you were on it is completely flawed. You use a possibly false premise of you being town to support that argument.
Saying it was scum driven for no reason is also flawed. I'm yet to get an answer to it so...
This is true, but I am not the one who said this. I have no problem with the length of your posts. I care about content and the lack of it.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

Unfortunately, I'm now away until Monday. If the mod feels the need to replace me he can but I'll be back if not.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:00 am

Post by bv310 »

CML: No replacements in a BaM game. I can modkill you if you'd like, though.

Anyway, vote count will come when there are actually votes, and Deadline is still set for Saturday at 11:59pm. I'd suggest you guys pick up the activity a bit. Sending a mass prod.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Me=Weird »

CML, it's not you inactivity, it's the contentlessness of your posts. I'm not the one who said the [sic] wagon was scum driven either. Anyway, with deadline, voting now, and copper not responding to my case,
Vote: Copper
Show

Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Me=Weird »

EBWOP: "you're", not you.
Show

Return to “Completed Open Games”