Open 244: Carbon-14 (Game Over, Werewolves win!)

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

[sic] wrote:
Robo's unvote when I was fixing to claim gives him townie points. As someone said, scum want claims. Hopefully there's more thinking going on than I've seen in the thread.
Ninja'd. I'll come back to this.
^^^Scummiest thing all game. Because someone unvoted you they get townie points? Wrong. I unvoted because my view was changing but now it I am leaning heavy scum on you.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
[sic]
[sic]
Townie
[sic]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by [sic] »

Robocopter87 wrote:Listen, [sic], you post constantly, but your not helping, instead of just responding why not post a case on someone?
Sorry, what? Have you read your own iso? And you're calling
me
unhelpful? If you've really read all of my posts then why haven't you responded to any of the content, especially the stuff that relates to you?

Also, pretty sure I posted a case on Liam. Him posting zilch since then has limited my follow-up. You didn't comment on that either, btw.
Robocopter87 wrote:^^^Scummiest thing all game. Because someone unvoted you they get townie points? Wrong. I unvoted because my view was changing but now it I am leaning heavy scum on you.
Possible scum reasons for unvoting me at that point? Why fake a change of heart on a guy who was about to claim? Especially when it would kill the wagon. Where's the cost/benefit in that for scum?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

My Lappy was down, I didn't want to be on a wagon of possible claimed PR if thats what you claimed while I was unavailable. And my view was changing due to minor stuff.

Why do I have to comment on your case on Liam? You want me to comment? here, Your case sucks, Liam is town.

[sic]
[sic]
Townie
[sic]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by [sic] »

Robocopter87 wrote:My Lappy was down, I didn't want to be on a wagon of possible claimed PR if thats what you claimed while I was unavailable. And my view was changing due to minor stuff.
This is not an answer to any of the questions I asked. Read it again.
Why do I have to comment on your case on Liam? You want me to comment? here, Your case sucks, Liam is town.
Based on what?
[sic]
[sic]
Townie
[sic]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by [sic] »

To make that super-clear: Liam is town based on what?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

The things he have said have been town in my eyes, his vote on you was backed with good reasoning. I know he hasn't posted much but I have never seen lurking to be a scumtell, people have lives, I understand that.

[sic], you gonna claim?

[sic]
[sic]
Townie
[sic]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by [sic] »

Decent reasons from your perspective, I guess. Don't think he's posted enough to be categorically pro-town, though. You disagreeing with my scumtell doesn't mean he's obvtown.

How about my question about the "scummiest thing all game"?
[sic]
[sic]
Townie
[sic]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by [sic] »

Bah, time's a-wasting. Annoyed with the crappy wagon, but I need to claim.

I'm the Seer.

zomgunvote, etc.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by Copper »

I was hoping Robo had caught onto your implications of being a power role and decided to unvote. I guess not. I feel a bit responsible here, [sic], because I should've been more decisive in my defense of you. I always get a little worried about pushing anyone who says something like, "You really don't want to lynch me", with the slim hope that it would go unnoticed by scum. Now we need counter claims of course, although I doubt there will be any. Unless my reads are off target, [sic] is a Seer.

I think the question we have before us is, where do we aim our pitchforks and torches? Do we go towards those like Me=Weird/Robo, who were more actively pressing this lynch, despite knowing, I think, deep down, that [sic] had left some seriously obvious breadcrumbs, or do we go after Liam/Scott, who were more passively pressing this lynch, again, despite the breadcrumbs.

Normally I would wait for my fellow heads before making a serious move this close to the deadline, but Robo's off/on wagon trick really did seem more staged than not, and I'm curious what others have to say about it.

Unvote
;
vote: Robocopter87
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:27 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Obvious Breadcrumbs? Apparently not obvious enough if I didn't notice them.

Gah. Not unvoting quite yet.

Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Unvote
Vote:a2rudeboy

You have time to come back and correct the mod's vote count, but not to comment on anything else. You are following the game but not posting. Liam is also lurking this game hard, but he at least said he was busy.

Agree with the counter-claim. If [sic] is lying, there's only a 50% chance that the PR can actually act as a seer. I would not mind trading 1 scum for a potentially useless PR (besides having the name "seer").

Agree with Robo, I do not see the breadcrumbs and find it strange that Copper even mentioned this.

Copper, why are you restricting yourself to only going after people who were on [sic]'s wagon?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Hm. Copper, how are the breadcrumbs obvious? I didn't really notice them.
Are you saying it's impossible for someone to be scum unless they thought [sic] was scum?
Robo's unvote and revote was a bit weird, I'm not sure if it's scummy though. btw, Even with the anti-ninja stuff, I still didn't see his unvote. Ugh.
Robo, are you saying you don't believe his claim, or you just want to wait for any counter-claims?
So yeah, I'm happy with my vote. Here's why:
He random voted, blah blah. I don't really think the last parts buddying though.
Did he really think ray would admit to doing something scummy when he could say he didn't mean to? Not saying he did, I don't even know for sure, but it was a pointless question designed to make it look like he was contributing.
Then it's the post I destroyed. And asking for mod to fix tags.
Then, he apparently read the thread well enough to notice the vote-count error, but didn't say a thing about my response.
Not that many posts to begin with, and the one attempt at scum-hunting is poorly reasoned, IMO.
MOD: PROD ON CML?
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Copper really took [sic]'s side after a claim. And [sic]'s, "ZOMG Unvote" thing really makes me suspicious. Not unvoting.

Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Copper »

[sic] from post 92 wrote:Hammering me at this point would be a VERY BAD MOVE.
Scott/Robo, what impression did you two get from this comment?
Scott wrote:Copper, why are you restricting yourself to only going after people who were on [sic]'s wagon?
I may be acting a little presumptive, but I just saw it as pretty clear that we would be getting a power role claim from [sic]. I didn't want [sic] to have to claim, and, in retrospect, I should've been more forceful. When I saw Robo unvote, I thought we would be able to move toward a more compromising lynch candidate, but Robo jumped back on the wagon and I guess that scared [sic] into claiming (and I don't blame him). I don't understand Robo's current stance of refusing to unvote.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Copper wrote:
At the time, scum using AtE to prevent a lynch? This is not breadcrumbing. There is no reason to think sic is town based off of this. Actually it's concerning that you did. Reads like scum attempting to buddy now.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
[sic]
[sic]
Townie
[sic]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:57 am

Post by [sic] »

Robocopter87 wrote:Copper really took [sic]'s side after a claim.
So your theory is that Copper's my buddy?

Won't comment on the breadcrumbing until Robo's answered Copper's question.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Copper wrote:
Scummy to thee max. heres how this looked to me,

"Blah lah blah, o look I'm at L-1! uhhhhh, I'm a Seer! Everyone back off because I'm important!"

Listen, the way you presented your claim with the assumption that everyone would lose suspicion of you instantly is wrong. Yes, I think that Copper is your buddy.

Also, if you really are the Seer, you could be completely useless. We don't know if its Mafia or Werewolves, effectively making you unreliable. You could target scum and not get a guilty due to them being Mafia not werewolf.

Stop thinking everyone is going to ditch suspicion of you.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

^^From the "blah blah blah thing" down was to [sic], sorry I wasn't clear about that.

[sic]
[sic]
Townie
[sic]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by [sic] »

ANSWER MY QUESTION PLEASE.

Argh.
[sic]
[sic]
Townie
[sic]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by [sic] »

Bah sorry reading comprehension fail. :oops: Brb.
[sic]
[sic]
Townie
[sic]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by [sic] »

Voting me is useless right now. Believe me or not, nobody's counterclaimed and you're not going to get me lynched unless that happens. Your 50/50 comment makes me think you haven't thought through the strategy for this game. If I'm useful then I'm probably dead tonight.

On that point, is there agreement amongst the town that any counterclaim has to be made today? Like Scott said, the tradeoff is worth it since I'd be lynched over pretty much anyone else. Would like to avoid any WIFOM from counterclaims on day 2 (if I live).

@Robo: If you think Copper's my buddy then the smart play would be to lynch him.

1. There's a chance you might be able to get enough votes on him (unlike me).
2. Him buddying up to a townie he saw breadcrumbing a PR is also a plausible scenario for Copperscum. If he's buddying like you say, there's no scenario where I'm scum and he's town. So he's the sure lynch, not me.

For the record, I didn't deliberately breadcrumb. I wasn't careful about hiding that I was a PR, though, so I could see someone who was paying attention (e.g. Copper) picking up on that. I was posting on the assumption that I wasn't going to get lynched, I'm sure there were signs.

Btw, if you want to know what the quoted statement was about, look at the sentence before it. Then look at post 103. Good to see the ol' AtE craptell popping up again, though.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by bv310 »

Vote Count:

[sic] (L-2):, CallMeLiam, robocopter87
a2rudeboy (L-2): Me=Weird, Scott Brosius
Me=Weird (L-3):, a2rudeboy
Robocopter87 (L-3): Copper
CallMeLiam (L-3): [sic]

Don't forget, deadline is currently set for Wednesday at 11:59pm. Extensions will be issued on a majority vote.

CML has been prodded.

Also, I'll be keeping the first post updated with any vital information. Right now, there's two things there.
[sic]
[sic]
Townie
[sic]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by [sic] »

If Liam hasn't posted in the next 24 hours then we need to either vote for a deadline extension or lynch him.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

[sic] wrote:@Robo: If you think Copper's my buddy then the smart play would be to lynch him.
Confirm Vote: [sic]

Can anybody tell me how this is super scummy? I want to see who is paying atttention to this dudes scumminess?

[sic]
[sic]
Townie
[sic]
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by [sic] »

Scenario 1: I am scum and Copper is my scumbuddy, trying to defend me. Plausible.
Scenario 2: I am town and Copper is scum trying to be my buddy so I won't vote or investigate him. Plausible.
Scenario 3: I am scum and Copper is town with a bad read. This isn't buddying, and doesn't match your observation.

Note the common element between 1 and 2.

You seem totally unable to come to terms with the idea that I might not be scum. Either you're totally tunnelled on me or you're setting yourself up to counterclaim me later.

Return to “Completed Open Games”