Mini 1021: Battousai's Mountaintnous Mountain Mafia (Over)

LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:33 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Nexus wrote:
Lateralus22 wrote:Eh I'm still kinda new to this site (Played 3 games, all of which I replaced out of) but aren't those lists anti-town? It's good to know who you're suspicious but I don't really see how they actually help the town catch scum. Plus scum could use them as a tool to decide who to night kill in order to frame someone.
Well xite asked for a list, so I thought I'd give him an updated one.

LmL, that's because my vote's still there to see how you reacted. Also I sort of forgot I hadn't unvoted. You say it's not OMGUS but to me it still slightly smells of it, so now I'm keeping it where it is and waiting to see your long post.
To see how I reacted to your vote? It's the only one on me. That smells an awful lot like a lie.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Nexus »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
Nexus wrote:Right. I think you're being far too harsh on me, and it's quite unnecessary. I don't really are about how suspicious you are about me, you're wrong.

I'm going to go through the posts in order, if I repeat information, tough. Hopefully I pick up something that someone's missed.

dalt's first vote against Saga would've been an OMGUS vote, as saga voted for him on the first page.

LmL posted his "roleclaim" as Vanilla Townie. Did he realise it was a joke?

However, fitz also seems to have missed iam's joke, although he didn't go as far as "roleclaiming." I don't understand why he's not read the OP, but that may have been an accident or not really realised.

Korashk updated the votecount for no reason...it didn't really need to be done. And again. He says "I like having that information readily available..." why not just have it on his computer in notepad or excel? Buddying up/coaching? It's possible.

I dunno whether it's suspicious that Commie's asked for a replacement. Maybe he thought he wouldn't be able to play scum very well? So, it'll be interesting to see what his replacement does.

LmL then takes his random vote off of PranaDevil, and then...puts it back on again. Really really no need to highlight that, unless he's desperate to start a lynchwagon. It's still partly an OMGUS vote, and he doesn't really give a decent reason for it not to be, which is silly.

PranaDevil does contradict himself-he wants to create a wagon on LmL, but he doesn't like a wagon on him that CA's just voted for him, on the same reason he got on the LmL wagon that I started. Which makes me think it's too close to home for him, otherwise he wouldn't be so defensive. He's saying that CA said outright he was getting a wagon going, but PranaDevil himself said he was simply voting LmL at the start "Because I felt like getting a wagon going." Him and CA argue about it for almost a full page, and don't really come to a satisfactory conclusion.

CA moved his vote from LmL, despite the fact he wanted a wagon to get on...and one was starting.

The fact that xite was being a bit of a troll by refusing to tell people what was scummy in my post was quite pointless-it was just distracting people. Maybe playing games with the rest of the players is a way to distract us?

Also, xite says I'm second most suspicious, but is on my ass the most. So, it's bordering on tunnelling.

This point's gonna be trouble causing, but: Post #98. Is it scum telling scum that they're here for them. It probably isn't, and I'm picking up on nothing, but something worth looking at.

Lat hasn't posted yet. He last logged in a couple of hours ago, so why hasn't he posted in here?

Not really much else I've got to say. Xite probably will say it's not good enough.

Re: Point 3. If I don't post, then that's scummy too. I dunno what else to say. I've tried to give some information, which is what I typed as I read posts.
To firstly answer your questions, Nexus...

I claimed vanilla townie as tongue in cheek as the response to the bandwagon. I didn't quite know what other types of information they were looking for.

Nextly, I "removed the random vote" since so much emphasis (or at least, in my own mind) was placed on it pg 1. I was letting everyone know that I felt, at the time, there was a case for Prana. I, currently, like the case on you much better.

As for you, you have some major inconsistencies, post to post, with your view on some people. For instance:
CA. He didn't take kindly to the wagon. However, not that suspicious.
Dalt,
Korashk,
Lat,
CA,
LmL,
Prana,
Everyone else.
Just a little surprised to where you rank CA on your list, where, a few posts before, he "wasn't that suspicious."

I'm just getting quite a vibe from you. I'm really leaning towards Prana and CA looking scummy because they're overposters, that Nexus is scummy based on inconsistent behavior, and Dalt may very well be his scum partner that he would be throwing under the bus to clear his name for the rest of the game. I've played that way in a Normal Game here before.. and it worked.

I like the vote on Nexus, and I think that the most of you should follow.
We can lynch Dalt tomorrow.
Perfect tunnelling speak. Ten out of ten for effort.

You've really got a vendetta against me, which I'm not surprised about because I'm still voting for you. So, I'm taking all what you say with a pinch of salt, and I hope people don't pay attention to your blatant attempts to shift suspiscion onto me.

It's worked. You've got uber defensive and you're now trying to tunnel me...
Trans rights are human rights.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:39 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

A vendetta against you? Get over yourself.

Currently (and this could change), there's not so much suspicion on me. Actually, the first time I even brought up your name was a mere 3 posts ago. Otherwise, you were largely ignored. Why is that? Because you did something really scummy, which I pointed out.

Why don't you explain your lists again. Explain why CA is so high on your list, but "not really scummy" according to a previous post.

Let's go.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:40 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

PS: Nexus, I don't even know who you are! You're a goon. You wanna know who I have a vendetta against? Mr. Flay. He and I go way far back, and that's a true vendetta. You're just really defensive... maybe even worse than me.

[/rant]
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Nexus »

Explanation: I shouldn't have said "Not that suspicious." I re read again after I had posted that, whilst I was making the list, and realised he was more suspicious. I should've amended what I had written, but I didn't. For that, I apologise.

Why the random Flay related rant?

Either way, no matter where CA is, I think that dalt and Korashk are more suspicious, and am waiting for them to answer.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:50 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Nexus wrote:Explanation: I shouldn't have said "Not that suspicious." I re read again after I had posted that, whilst I was making the list, and realised he was more suspicious. I should've amended what I had written, but I didn't. For that, I apologise.

Why the random Flay related rant?

Either way, no matter where CA is, I think that dalt and Korashk are more suspicious, and am waiting for them to answer.
So, then... What's your case against CA? I'm curious to what you saw that was more suspicious in that matter of time.

The Flay rant is in response to your "Vendetta" comment, which was absolutely ridiculous. I didn't even know you existed until a few days ago, and Prana has a much better case than you do. You were jumpy, defensive, and there are still inconsistencies and holes in your story. I await more.

Until then, my vote stands. I hope others follow suit.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Nexus »

I re read his posts from the first three pages where he changed his "random" wagons to three different people. That's where the majority of my suspicion lies. He hasn't really satisfactorily explained it yet, either, and has been quiet recently. Might be our timezones, though.

I didn't mean vendetta like it was something that's happened all the time. Vendetta was an overreaction, and I apologise.

I'm not intentionally trying to be jumpy and defensive, I've been just defending myself from accusations, perhaps to vociferously.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Nexus »

Also, "Until then, my vote stands. I hope others follow suit."

That really strikes me as scummy as it's like "look, vote Nexus. I'm right, listen to me!" it's really insistent.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:00 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Nexus wrote:Also, "Until then, my vote stands. I hope others follow suit."

That really strikes me as scummy as it's like "look, vote Nexus. I'm right, listen to me!" it's really insistent.
That's me. Love me or hate it, it's who I am. I find it cute you trying to turn this around on me. Adorable. I;m gone for the rest of the day and spotty over the weekend. I'll be here more on Monday. I'll check in every now and again.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:22 am

Post by havingfitz »

Xite91 wrote:
havingfitz wrote:1) Dalt lied. Town has no reason to lie IMO. I agree he should explain himself.
2) No...does the fact you suspect me preclude me from bringing you up in conversation? So...aren't we all watching everyone? How?
3) My vote on Dalt has nothing to do with Prana. Two points in the same sentence....think of it as a bonus.
1) Most of the time. I think there was a discussion somewhere in the forums that sometimes a town lie is the best way to win, most of the time no, and in this case almost definitely not, but LaL can be a terribly bad policy.
2) Uhm...
havingfitz wrote:Xite...
my comments regarding you catching my attention were more due to the fact you seem to be one of the more active posters and had engaged me directly
. My reread did not reveal anything that jumped out att. But I'm watching you.
Bolded. You practically admitted to not noticing me until I posted that you were suspicious. And now you're watching me? :eek: :lol:
3) Fair enough
1) If that's your opinion ok. I see more value to scum lying about being new than about town lying about being new.
2) Uhm...
Xite91 wrote:You're funny. Do you even read mod-posts?
Xite91 wrote:Teehee, you're funny. Do you know much about strategy?
would be the supporting examples of you engaging me directly. Just putting my name down on a list is not engaging me. BTW...did you happen to notice the reread line about not seeing anything suspicious about you? Or the part in my initial post that said you had caught my attention, i.e. does attention = suspicion?
Lateralus22 wrote:
havingfitz wrote:Dalt lied. Town has no reason to lie IMO. I agree he should explain himself.
One thing is the game was 2 years ago so he could possibly have forgotten but then again probably not seeing how he remembered his account name and password, but on page one he claims to have played mafia all the time. Look at page one though, I believe you can find the explanation for only bolding his vote there however I'd like dalt to explain. Are you set on lynching dat already? Do you fully believe he is scum or is this a policy lynch or lynch all liars?
It is not a policy lynch. He is my top suspect at the moment for his faux-newbie play coupled with getting caught in a lie (until a really good explanantion proves otherwise). The combination of the two has him atop my list of suspects and I'm about to add lurking to his list of offenses. I would not rule out someone passing him but it would take some pretty scummy effort on someone else's part.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

I noticed that both Dalt and Korashk have remained the top two most suspicious for you. I can understand Dalt but why Korashk? Is this really because he posted the votes twice? This is a weak reason, I don't even think posting the votes twice is actually scummy.

Now about LmL/Prana/Ca. Your lists are very close together in time and posts. Why did the order of these 3 people change?

In list one (#115) LmL is ranked highest out of these three users, in the next list CA is ranked the highest out of the three. Why did the position change? Tell me what happened to make you change the order of who is the most scummiest. Why did CA remain the most scummiest out of the three in the third list?

In list one (#115) Prana is listed as your second highest to be scum in those three players. In the next two lists he was listed in the last spot of the three. Why? Tell me what made you change your mind.

Also in list one before you list who you think who is scummy you say,
Nexus wrote:My suspicions are thus:
Then,
Nexus wrote:Xite. I don't find you suspicious, I can see what you're trying to do.
Are you trying to avoid confrontation with Xite? Do you believe that if you say you don't think he his scummy you'll be safe?
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Also

Vote: Nexus
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Xite91 »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Before I continue with a large post 9as
I will only get a chance for one post today
... I would like to mention that this is Nexus's "suspicion" list, yet his vote is currently levied on me, 4th on his list. This screams of blustering at fellow scum but not voting for them. You can call it OMGUS if you feel like it. I say it's worthy of a vote.

Longer post upcoming.
Will you now? Interesting considering the next many posts you make.
LoudmouthLee wrote:I'm just getting quite a vibe from you. I'm really leaning towards Prana and CA looking scummy because they're overposters, that Nexus is scummy based on inconsistent behavior, and Dalt may very well be his scum partner that he would be throwing under the bus to clear his name for the rest of the game. I've played that way in a Normal Game here before.. and it worked.

I like the vote on Nexus, and I think that the most of you should follow. We can lynch Dalt tomorrow.
First, That last line of stuff, watihuh? That does seem a bit scummy to me
I really hope that you mean nexus is throwing dalt under the bus considering these are dalts 3 posts
dalt54321 wrote:Hey so i really don't know whats going on yet. I play mafia all the time, but this is the first on this site, could someone give me a quick rundown of the basics? ive read the wiki and stuff, but i see like you have to vote with colons and stuff.

also the first day is 28 days?
dalt54321 wrote:
saga

just cause he voted me. now this place plays mafia alot different than i do, so please dont jump on me, i have to adjust.
dalt54321 wrote:okay sorry i'm new.
Vote: Korashk

for not yet knowing that i'm really good at this game. :wink:
Also, If Dalt is scum, I can see Korashk as his partner simply based on the last one. IIRC there was nothing posted before this that needed a response like his vote reason. Something they talked about pre-game?
Lateralus22 wrote:Eh I'm still kinda new to this site (Played 3 games, all of which I replaced out of) but aren't those lists anti-town? It's good to know who you're suspicious but I don't really see how they actually help the town catch scum. Plus scum could use them as a tool to decide who to night kill in order to frame someone.
They can be, but honestly it's a debate that's been going on since the dawn of mafia. Choose your side, and please no sparkly vampires.

Nexus wrote:LmL, that's because my vote's still there to see how you reacted. Also I sort of forgot I hadn't unvoted. You say it's not OMGUS but to me it still slightly smells of it, so now I'm keeping it where it is and waiting to see your long post.
"It's cuz I had a reason, oh and in case that's not good enough I also forgot" :roll:

LoudmouthLee wrote:Currently (and this could change), there's not so much suspicion on me. Actually, the first time I even brought up your name was a mere 3 posts ago.
Otherwise, you were largely ignored. Why is that? Because you did something really scummy, which I pointed out.

Why don't you explain your lists again. Explain why CA is so high on your list, but "not really scummy" according to a previous post.
Bolded. I hope you meant largely ignored by you, also give credit where credit is due. If he turns out to be scum, do you know who I'm going after next?
If you guessed LmL then you're correct!
LoudmouthLee wrote:PS: Nexus, I don't even know who you are! You're a goon. You wanna know who I have a vendetta against? Mr. Flay. He and I go way far back, and that's a true vendetta. You're just really defensive... maybe even worse than me.

[/threadclog]
that's better
havingfitz wrote: 1) If that's your opinion ok. I see more value to scum lying about being new than about town lying about being new.
2) Uhm...
Xite91 wrote:You're funny. Do you even read mod-posts?
Xite91 wrote:Teehee, you're funny. Do you know much about strategy?
would be the supporting examples of you engaging me directly. Just putting my name down on a list is not engaging me. BTW...did you happen to notice the reread line about not seeing anything suspicious about you? Or the part in my initial post that said you had caught my attention, i.e. does attention = suspicion?
1) We'll agree to disagree on this one, after I say one thing; Alts
2) Okay, fair enough, it's just a coincidence that you pointed it out almost right after I called you scummy. Works for me I guess

@Lat, i understand the failing lifestlye change, I've done that before
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

My wife welled at me, and we were 30 minutes late to the party we were supposed to go to because of my mafia posting. So, not only do I get it from her, I have to get it from Xite, too? Feh.

Yes, when I said that Nexus was ignored, it was because he hadn't tripped my scumdar yet. I still feel that Nexus hasn't substantiated any of the points brought against him yet. And yes, I meant he was throwing Dalt under the bus. Did I say the wrong name before?

I threadclogg'd because of Nexus's ridiculous Vendetta post. I apologize, and won't promise I won't do it again. it's kinda how I am.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by Nexus »

Lateralus: see post 131: I didn't just write the list again changing where you were. I re read all the of the posts again, and found that CA's flip-flopping between votes to be more suspicious than anything LmL and Prana had done. If he goes to the top of the three, then LmL goes to second, and Prana goes to third. That's how changing one position works-it changes all three.

No, I'm not trying to avoid a confrontation with Xite-I'm sure if he wants to continue fighting with me, he'll continue it. However, I was merely stating that I understood why he was being so vicious, and just because someone's a jerk, it doesn't make them scum. I've made that mistake before.
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by Korashk »

Vote Count:
Anon (2/7) [username, Prana]
PranaDevil (1/7) [Korashk]
Lee (2/7) [Nexus, Lee]
dalt (2/7) [Saga, having]
having (1/7) [Leech, Anon]
Korashk (1/7) [dalt]
Nexus (1/7) [Xite]
~~~~~

Unvote
Vote: PranaDevil

I don't believe your explanation of baiting scum as a reason for starting a wagon. It's a fairly weak defense.

With that said, I'm going to be honest with you all. I will not be very useful to you all until there has been at least one lynch. I am not good at picking out textual tells and analyzing posts.

What I am fairly good at (in my opinion) is analyzing interactions between players. This is hard to do on DP1, especially in a all vanilla setup. No information and all that jazz.

With that said I still have two more things that I think we should all remember:
1.)
There are ten of us, we need to work as a team. We are not individuals (well we are, but you know what I mean).

2.)
There are ten of us, it's okay if we lynch a townie or two on accident. Even a lynched townie garners information for us to analyze.
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Record: 8-5
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by Nexus »

Your vote count is so spectacularly wrong it's unbelievable.

I don't know whether that's a simple mistake, or deliberate, but don't post it if it's not up to date. :/

And you've posted another list, which is unnecessary, and wrong factually. So, you're really suspicious.
FoS:Korashk
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by Korashk »

Nexus wrote:Your vote count is so spectacularly wrong it's unbelievable.
Overreact much?
I don't know whether that's a simple mistake, or deliberate, but don't post it if it's not up to date. :/
Thanks for seeing my mistakes. I've corrected them:

Vote Count:
Anon (2/7) [username, Prana]
dalt (2/7) [Saga, having]
Prana (1/7) [Korashk]
Lee (1/7) [Nexus]
having (1/7) [Leech]
Korashk (1/7) [dalt]
Nexus (3/7) [Xite91, Lee, Later]
And you've posted another list, which is unnecessary, and wrong factually. So, you're really suspicious.
FoS:Korashk
Forgive me if I don't care about your opinion and what you find suspicious. You're an admitted noob.
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Record: 8-5
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:21 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Apologies, I normally wait for the e-mail notification before checking threads these days, and never got one for this thread at all since my last post, so I've quickly caught up and I'll respond to a couple of things that stood out.
Xite91 wrote:4) I don't think I ever said not me in my request. If he finds me scummy, then I wholly encourage him to try and get me lynched. Of course he's going to see my responses and have to judge from there, just like how I would expect it to be with anyone he made a case on. I just don't want any more "Oh I'm a noob, don't lynch me plox" because that, IMHO is a noobscum tell. This is my exercise for him to help him be a better player.
5) Of course you would. You're cute you know that?
4 - I didn't mean not focus on you, I meant not focus on people already being targetted, as if you're somehow trying to defend them without outright defend them, that's how it came across to me.

Regarding the EBWOP for number 5 after, yeah it was a typo, I'd be all for a Dalt lynch after that. I'm not one for an instant "Policy Lynch" as solely focusing on those will take us straight into brown trousers time. However I feel there's a huge difference between a general policy lynch of someone caught out lying, and someone who was using their lies to try and make town believe they were new and didn't really know how to play, especially when there's evidence to prove otherwise. It smells of trying to gain sympathy points and I don't like it.
Korashk wrote: Unvote
Vote: PranaDevil

I don't believe your explanation of baiting scum as a reason for starting a wagon. It's a fairly weak defense.

With that said, I'm going to be honest with you all. I will not be very useful to you all until there has been at least one lynch. I am not good at picking out textual tells and analyzing posts.
Right, so there's a little pressure on you from others, not even votes yet, and yet you come rushing in and vote me citing that you don't believe my explanation of baiting scum? It's not exactly like I'm the only person who does it. I picked up the idea from RayFrost in fact when I played a newbie game with him, I wound up hating RVS so I'll do what needs to be done to get out of it, even if that makes me look a little scummy to begin with. Much better that than spending 5 or so pages doing nothing but joking about. I'd rather get straight in there.

However, you follow that up immediately with you saying you're not good at picking out textual tells or analyzing posts. So you vote me, state a reason, and then basically admit your reasoning wouldn't be good anyway? Wha?

Not to mention the fact you didn't pay close enough attention to get a good Voting list (Hell, you had Lee voting for himself in the first one).

Now... onto Nexus.

Much as I think you seem to be a stand up bloke, in this game you're beginning to small a bit of scum. You're using phrases like Tunnelling when at this stage I honestly don't think anyone has. Xite has, indeed, focused on you a fair bit, but he's looking elsewhere too. So that's not tunelling, and that would be the absolute closest player you could even attempt it on as he's been pointing out stuff you've said for a while. Then you've used OMGUS, which doesn't really work if the person has a reason for voting you beyond "He voted me!".

Finally though, the reason your vote was still on Lee... you "forgot" to remove it, but yet it was done to see how he reacted? Sorry you can't have it both ways.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Xite91 »

@Korashk - Leave the votecounts to the mod. He's probably better at it. You're posting something to make it seem like you're actually doing something, when you're not. How about you actually read past the second or third page and analyze it? That's what good townies are supposed to do. We'll do votecount analysis when necessary, but words are stronger and words are what you'll need to build a case on.

@Prana
4) I wasn't trying to defend anyone, I was trying to teach a newbie a valuable lesson AKA not to piggyback on someone else's case.
5) I agree, but like I said, I'd like to see what he has to say first. Speeking of which, where is he?
PranaDevil wrote:Right, so there's a little pressure on you from others, not even votes yet, and yet you come rushing in and vote me citing that you don't believe my explanation of baiting scum? It's not exactly like I'm the only person who does it. I picked up the idea from RayFrost in fact when I played a newbie game with him, I wound up hating RVS so I'll do what needs to be done to get out of it, even if that makes me look a little scummy to begin with. Much better that than spending 5 or so pages doing nothing but joking about. I'd rather get straight in there.
Giggity
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:20 am

Post by iamausername »

So, ConfidAnon appears to be pretty blatantly responding to his wagon by lying low and waiting for it to blow over. I am disappointed that this appears to be working for him. Really, look at this post, it is the scummiest post in the game:
ConfidAnon wrote: Wrong wording, perhaps. I don't intend to push for a lynch this early, but I did suspect him.
He is trying to act like there has been some misunderstanding here, but let's take a look at that original 'wrong wording' post:
ConfidAnon wrote:No, I am pushing for your lynch based on the curious comment after you said you tried to start a bandwagon. It seems, to me at least, that the only motivation to call something out as "curious" is to leave it open as an avenue of suspicion. This is hypocritical in regards to you wanting to start a bandwagon.
ConfidAnon wrote:No, I am pushing for your lynch based on the curious comment after you said you tried to start a bandwagon.
ConfidAnon wrote:I am pushing for your lynch
That seems pretty clear cut to me. No, what has happened here is that ConfidAnon has started out being aggressive against PranaDevil when it seemed like he'd have a lot of support, then immediately run away with his tail between his legs when that support started to disappear and some of the heat was turned on him.

Compare and contrast with LML, who if anything becomes even more aggressive whenever the heat is turned in his direction. Guess which one strikes me as a more natural town response?
havingfitz wrote:
VOTE: dalt54321
for trying to come across so helpless, ex.
"so i really don't know whats going on yet,"
lying about this being his/her first game (http://www.mafiascum.net/archive/viewto ... 2#p1196368)
Man, I click on this link expecting it to be some innocent newbie game that I've never seen before, and instead I get...
that
game. I feel like I've been goatsed.

In dalt's defence, he posted twice in that game before being replaced, so it doesn't seem particularly unreasonable for him to discount it. Which is not to say that he hasn't been playing up the "I'm so clueless" angle, just that I wouldn't say he has been outright lying in doing so.
Lateralus wrote:His mass claim plan was not a joke, if it worked as how he would have planned then the scum might have claimed a pr and seeing the game's setup the town would know that they are most likely the mafia.
I'm glad somebody understands.
LoudmouthLee wrote:I'm really leaning towards Prana and CA looking scummy because they're overposters
Do you not see any significance in the fact that CA conspicuously stopped being an overposter as soon as he came under pressure?
Korashk wrote: I'm going to be honest with you all. I will not be very useful to you all until there has been at least one lynch. I am not good at picking out textual tells and analyzing posts.
Korashk wrote: Forgive me if I don't care about your opinion and what you find suspicious. You're an admitted noob.
Prana wrote: Finally though, the reason your vote was still on Lee... you "forgot" to remove it, but yet it was done to see how he reacted? Sorry you can't have it both ways.
Yeah, this is the first point against Nexus that I'm not willing to write off as a newbie mistake. There is clearly some dishonesty going on here.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:33 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I wasn't going to mention Dalt going MIA, because I pretty much did yesterday, and I don't want things to come across in a hypocritical manner. It is possible the site decided to have a temporary hiccup and Dalt was waiting like I was, but c'mon, by now he should've checked the thread. Same goes for CA, I hadn't really noticed his disappearance until iam's post, but yeah... what gives guys? Heat hits and you go running?

My vote's staying on CA though. especially after iam's point about him not only going MIA and pointing out he stated he was pushing for a lynch, only to suddenly go back on that and claim he wasn't pushing for a lynch.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Xite91 »

iamausername wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote: Wrong wording, perhaps. I don't intend to push for a lynch this early, but I did suspect him.
He is trying to act like there has been some misunderstanding here, but let's take a look at that original 'wrong wording' post:
ConfidAnon wrote:No, I am pushing for your lynch based on the curious comment after you said you tried to start a bandwagon. It seems, to me at least, that the only motivation to call something out as "curious" is to leave it open as an avenue of suspicion. This is hypocritical in regards to you wanting to start a bandwagon.
ConfidAnon wrote:No, I am pushing for your lynch based on the curious comment after you said you tried to start a bandwagon.
ConfidAnon wrote:I am pushing for your lynch
you know, I really appreciate you trying to make it clear for us, but first looking at this, I thought this was three separate posts, at re-looking at it I realized it was one that was shortened down a bit at a time. A simple bolding would suffice.

Also, maybe the wrong wording was on his part? Just sayin
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:45 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

Nexus
-3- Xite91, LoudmouthLee, Lateralus22
ConfidAnon
-2- iamausername, PranaDevil
dalt54321
-2- Saga, havingfitz
havingfitz
-2- Leech, ConfidAnon
LoudmouthLee
-1- Nexus
Korashk
-1- dalt54321
PranaDevil
-1- Korashk

Not Voting:

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch (pre-deadline)!
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Hey Korashk it seems that you're skimming this thread based on how you got the vote count messed up and how you didn't respond to my thoughts. Will you please look at my post (#119) and explain your action so I'm not confused?

Also Nexus,
Nexus wrote:No, I'm not trying to avoid a confrontation with Xite-I'm sure if he wants to continue fighting with me, he'll continue it. However, I was merely stating that I understood why he was being so vicious, and just because someone's a jerk, it doesn't make them scum. I've made that mistake before.
Are you sure? When I read this I thought, no, he's got to be lying? Why else would you list Xite under a list titled,
Nexus wrote:My suspicions are thus:
Then right in that list say you didn't find him suspicious? Are you sure your thoughts weren't something like this right?

Ok Xite's been pressuring me to give information, so I should make a list. right I've titled my list and listed a lot of things, wait! I've got to say Xite isn't suspicious so he'll back off!

Actually upon reading this again it isn't too weird that you'd want him to back off, really the guy's been on your back the whole time so naturally you would actually want him to back off a little right...? Though it seems you aren't trying to avoid confrontation, but why add in the comment? You and I both know it's simply for the sake of not having to argue with Xite about. Why are you lying?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”