Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by Raivann »

Blackberry wrote:O_o @ the last three posting all having the same question. :P

For the record, although I may be experienced, I prefer to call myself MS-challenged ;). I don't play the same way people expect "experienced MS players" to play. For Example: I never use the terms FOS, WIFOM, etc. Plus I am not a fan of Random Voting. I think I basically just do not like conforming and the fact that I like to have fun and be odd (which often makes me stick out as a target for an easy lynch because I try to have fun :P).

I've noticed a lot of people (not a majority, but there's always that one or two player each game) on here get off by arguing and debating (I think a lot of people just come here to prove they are better debaters - trying to use logic to twist what has happened to their advantage). I prefer to just have fun and use my not-so-impressive skills to catch mafia (although I think I downplay my skills, there are certain things I catch that make me go "Aha! He is mafia! Lynch him!" but nobody sees my point and I'm not the best of using said twisted logic to make people see things how I see it :P). I don't know what the point of writing all that is. Just so everyone can see my point-of-view/playstyle and be prepared? Lol.
FoS:Blackberry
for 5 smilies and 1 Lol in 1 post, if you count the first O_o. With that many in a short post it looks like sucking up.

I'm not smilie biased mind you, your post just seems overly smilie and thus suspicious to me.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Raivann »

@Blackberry- Why are the 3 questions repeated ? Did you paste them without reading ? Did you make them up ?
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Did I paste them without reading?
--> That doesn't make any sense. I wrote them all and just asked some people the same questions instead of making up a different question for each person or instead of asking everyone the same exact question. If you hadn't noticed, for each question, I gave it to two or three people.
Did you notice that?

I'm not smilie biased mind you, your post just seems overly smilie and thus suspicious to me.
It is noted that you find my
personality
suspcious. (You wouldn't be the first ;)). I don't fully understand what you mean when you say "sucking up."

Also,
Vote: mallowgeno
for the moment. Him not responding to my question suggests he may not have read any of the other posts (though I doubt this considering I bolded everyone's names). So I'll see what he says :-P.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Raivann »

Oh, I just now got this.
I thought you were talking about your last 3 questions you asked, dur.

As for sucking up i mean to the town in general like saying "hey don't worry about me I'm all loveable smiles" whilst you slit our throats in the night.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@Blackberry - neither. They are more likely to be town.

@mod:
I've just seen that we are expected to post every 48 hours. I will generally post much more than that, but at weekends my activity is sporadic at the moment. I try to get on at least once, but it's possible I go 48 hours without any access. Is this acceptable?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:38 am

Post by Porochaz »

You are liable to be prodded if you have not posted after 48 hours, however unless specifically requested I generally give a bit more leeway. For instance I generally check every second vote count on prods. If you have posted within 3 days of that votecount then I will prod you. If the general activity is lacking then it shortens down to 48 hours. If you have stated your problems beforehand then it should be okay.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:39 am

Post by Porochaz »

Oh and Jack Ive found out is v/la until the 29th, so am giving him slightly longer to pick up his role pm. Votecount coming shortly.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:46 am

Post by Porochaz »

Strangercoug - 2 - Flameaxe, mallowgeno
Llama - 1 - Mitsuru
Jack - 1 - Fishythefish
Blackberry - 1 - xvart
Flameaxe - 1 - Strangercoug
Fishythefish - 1 - Raivann
mallowgeno - 1 - Blackberry

Not Voting - 4 - Jack, Anon, Budja, llamaeatataco

Deadline: 17th August.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:06 am

Post by Flameaxe »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Blackberry wrote:
StrangerCoug
- If you were mafia, who would your partners be in this game?
I want to be scum with Flameaxe and probably xvart.

And
vote: Flameaxe
for sucking.
I leave for a few months and people still know I suck. That's reassuring.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:25 am

Post by Fishythefish »

unvote, vote: Blackberry

I agree with Raivann about the attitude of his first post. Adding to this is the way he spends quite a bit of it discussing his own playstyle. Blackberry seems to be thinking a lot about how he is seen by others, and that makes him likely scum.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:59 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

vote: Xvart
Because he signs his posts.

@BlackBerry: It's better than a random vote, because people are far more likely to react to that than to a vote. At least, in a perfect world...
raivann wrote:As for sucking up i mean to the town in general like saying "hey don't worry about me I'm all loveable smiles" whilst you slit our throats in the night.
The hell? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard (no offense). There is a huge difference between liking a player and thinking they are town.
fish wrote:I agree with Raivann about the attitude of his first post. Adding to this is the way he spends quite a bit of it discussing his own playstyle. Blackberry seems to be thinking a lot about how he is seen by others, and that makes him likely scum.
BlackBerry wrote: For the record, although I may be experienced, I prefer to call myself MS-challenged ;). I don't play the same way people expect "experienced MS players" to play. For Example: I never use the terms FOS, WIFOM, etc. Plus I am not a fan of Random Voting. I think I basically just do not like conforming and the fact that I like to have fun and be odd (which often makes me stick out as a target for an easy lynch because I try to have fun :P).

I've noticed a lot of people (not a majority, but there's always that one or two player each game) on here get off by arguing and debating (I think a lot of people just come here to prove they are better debaters - trying to use logic to twist what has happened to their advantage). I prefer to just have fun and use my not-so-impressive skills to catch mafia (although I think I downplay my skills, there are certain things I catch that make me go "Aha! He is mafia! Lynch him!" but nobody sees my point and I'm not the best of using said twisted logic to make people see things how I see it :P). I don't know what the point of writing all that is. Just so everyone can see my point-of-view/playstyle and be prepared? Lol.
This is what you are referring to. One post. On d1. How does that show that BB spends a lot of time thinking about how others view him? In fact, in re-reading, it doesn't seem to be talking very much about how others see him as much as how he sees what others don't. However, even if he did think a lot about how others perceived him, is that a scummy thing or is it just personality? Some people spend all of their time irl making sure people think highly of them.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Yes. I am basing my vote on one post. I think that post is attempting to get people to like Blackberry, and that the focus on BB's playstyle in the first paragraph shows he is focused on his own image. Of course that can be a personality thing, but I think it's a bit more likely to come from scum than town - as scum people spend more time worrying about how they are perceived. I think it's more likely to be right than voting on a total nulltell.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Jack »

VOTE: BLACKBERRY
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Jack's vote is interesting. Since it's still kind of RVS-ish (there are serious votes starting to come around now), I'm not ready to jump on him, but I'd like to know what he thinks of Fishythefish's most recent posts.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Budja »

^ Dislike your phrasing. Elaborate on Jack?

@BB, biased against scummy play, not odd play.

vote:Blackberry

FoS: SC
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Budja wrote:^ Dislike your phrasing. Elaborate on Jack?
His vote without reasoning is noted, but I don't know what to make of it right now. I'm not 100% sure if it's an RVS vote or a blatantly opportunistic vote on Blackberry. I plan to use what he thinks of Fishythefish to gauge which one is more likely.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by xvart »

I'm going to go ahead and unvote because I don't really see this as a legitimate wagon. I'm not reading the pity party or sucking up or how others view him impression that others do. The fact that others are jumping on board Raivann's joke vote is mildly concerning. Fishy agrees with Raivaan and tries to present Raivaan's vote as more than I think it is. Had Raivaan said that the sucking up was based on anything other than smilies I might think otherwise; but even then I think it would be a stretch. Fishy looks way too opportunistic here. Perhaps Raivaan can clear up the seriousness of his vote?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Fishy

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Raivann wrote:
Oh, I just now got this.
I thought you were talking about your last 3 questions you asked, dur.

As for sucking up i mean to the town in general like saying "hey don't worry about me I'm all loveable smiles" whilst you slit our throats in the night.
The fact that you aren't voting me right away makes me think you aren't mafia (I think mafia would take the "Blackberry is different" opportunity and use it to vote me). The fact you have not done so suggests you're most likely an open-minded townsperson.

-------
Fishythefish wrote:
unvote, vote: Blackberry

I agree with Raivann about the attitude of his first post. Adding to this is the way he spends quite a bit of it discussing his own playstyle. Blackberry seems to be thinking a lot about how he is seen by others, and that makes him likely scum.
I would clarify that the intention of my post is to let people know that I play differently than expected (even though I am experienced) and let people know that first-hand. That way, down the line, when I don't do something like an experienced player would (aka, such as disagreeing with random voting) mafia won't be like "But you're an experienced player- yadda, yadda" and try to vote me for that reason.

What I have found is that in (now) all of the games I've recently joined, I get attacked quite quickly because of my expressing myself and not being afraid to say what I think I should say and talking about how I play differently. What I haven't discovered yet is whether these attacks are often mafia (which is my current theory, although I do NOT think everyone that attacks me is mafia, I am certain there is atleast one leading it to get an "easy" lynch). Although one of those games is over and the main attacker of me was mafia -- so my theory may prove decent.

I agree with StrangerCoug though, why is thinking about how I am seen by others make me more likely scum?
If you are town, do you not care if other people think you are mafia or not?

-----
Fishythefish wrote:Yes. I am basing my vote on one post. I think that post is attempting to get people to like Blackberry, and that the focus on BB's playstyle in the first paragraph shows he is focused on his own image. Of course that can be a personality thing, but I think it's a bit more likely to come from scum than town - as scum people spend more time worrying about how they are perceived. I think it's more likely to be right than voting on a total nulltell.
Why would scum care more than town about how they are percieved? I think both town and scum should be equally concerned about how they are potrayed. A part of being a good townsplayer is defending yourself and expressing that you are indeed an innocent.

And the best way for a true townsperson to do that is to write and be open with your thoughts and feelings (some people might disagree with this [or maybe they are mafia in my other games] but I think the more you write/ the more you give off oppotunities for others to read you, thus by expressing myself more I am able to give other townspeople to get a good read off me). On the other hand, mafia should be afraid to express themselves and write too much, because there is a greater opportunity for people to see through their fakeness.

-----
Budja wrote:^ Dislike your phrasing. Elaborate on Jack?

@BB, biased against scummy play, not odd play.

vote:Blackberry

FoS: SC
I would appreciate it if you elaborated at your viewpoint of why a FoS on SC, and if your vote on me is more-seriousnish than elaborate on your reasonings.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Blackberry wrote:I agree with StrangerCoug though, why is thinking about how I am seen by others make me more likely scum?
I didn't voice my taking a stance on the matter. I only said that it's possible that Jack's vote on you is opportunistic. (If anything having to do directly with you, I do think about what I write as town, too.)

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by Budja »

As scum, I am paranoid about how I am percieved, as town it matter less.
Re. SC, its not the subject matter but the phrasing. Tiptoeing around his opinion.
Re. Seriousness, its one up from a random vote.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm not quite sure I understand your accusation then, Budja.

Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Blackberry »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Blackberry wrote:I agree with StrangerCoug though, why is thinking about how I am seen by others make me more likely scum?
I didn't voice my taking a stance on the matter. I only said that it's possible that Jack's vote on you is opportunistic. (If anything having to do directly with you, I do think about what I write as town, too.)
Sorry - I meant llama.
Budja wrote:As scum, I am paranoid about how I am percieved, as town it matter less.
Re. SC, its not the subject matter but the phrasing. Tiptoeing around his opinion.
Re. Seriousness, its one up from a random vote.
I disagree that it matters less about how you are percieved when you are town (or maybe that is just me, when I play mafia IRL people always target me early because I'm one of the few people in my group of friends that doesn't have a facial/body language tell and because I started the whole club, and thus people think I am always lying to them, lol). In other words, I am very used to having to defend myself early and making sure the group percieves me for what I am.

Also, please explain how I am tiptoeing around my opinion? I really do not understand that.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Budja »

SC was tiptoing around his opinion, calling Jacks vote "interesting" for example.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

What we have learned here today: Never use the word 'interesting' in a game of mafia.

Anyway...

unvote, vote:fishythefish
For what I've already said and what Xvart said.

However, there is a small amount of truth to 'scum is more worried about appearances.'
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Raivann »

llamaeatataco wrote:
raivann wrote:As for sucking up i mean to the town in general like saying "hey don't worry about me I'm all loveable smiles" whilst you slit our throats in the night.
The hell? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard (no offense). There is a huge difference between liking a player and thinking they are town.
and...
llamaeatataco wrote:
However, there is a small amount of truth to 'scum is more worried about appearances.'
No offense taken. I do however think you're lying, I'm sure you've heard more stupid things than that post of mine.

scum=liars=llama.

if a=b and b=c then a=c.

unvote, Vote:llamaeatataco

@xvart- I didn't vote Blackberry I FoS'ed him.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”