Newbie 983 ~ Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:38 am

Post by KittyMo »

[2] Haylen - (silverbullet999, Switz)

[2] drmyshottyizsik - (Haylen, Prox)
[0] Crayboff - ()
[0] Good and Honest - ()
[0] Hinduragi - ()
[0] Little Plastic Ninja - ()
[0] Prox - ()
[0] silverbullet999 - ()
[0] Switz - ()

[5]
Not Voting
- (Crayboff, drmyshottyizsik, Good and Honest, Hinduragi, Little Plastic Ninja)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

FlavorThis is a flavor box. All flavor boxes in this game come with the disclaimer that they are not supposed to contain any information that will affect your view of the game. They are for fun and awesomeness.

To remind you of this, I will put here a picture of a slug jazz quartet. No, I did not draw that, sillies. Someday you may see my "epic" drawing skills, but today is not your lucky day. :P
[/area]
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:40 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

I was just getting acquainted, and bonding with the citizens of the game. Also we shouldn't be to quick to lynch, just fyi. If we kill a towny to quick it will hurt us, but if we take our time and really think it won't.
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:41 am

KittyMo wrote:Image

[2] Haylen - (silverbullet999, Switz)

[2] drmyshottyizsik - (Haylen, Prox)
[0] Crayboff - ()
[0] Good and Honest - ()
[0] Hinduragi - ()
[0] Little Plastic Ninja - ()
[0] Prox - ()
[0] silverbullet999 - ()
[0] Switz - ()

[5]
Not Voting
- (Crayboff, drmyshottyizsik, Good and Honest, Hinduragi, Little Plastic Ninja)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

FlavorThis is a flavor box. All flavor boxes in this game come with the disclaimer that they are not supposed to contain any information that will affect your view of the game. They are for fun and awesomeness.

To remind you of this, I will put here a picture of a slug jazz quartet. No, I did not draw that, sillies. Someday you may see my "epic" drawing skills, but today is not your lucky day. :P
[/area]
WHY NO KITTIES!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

MOD EDIT
Someone's giving me an excuse to share adorable kitty photos?!?!

Image Image

Now, back to your scheduled programming of playing mafia. ~KittyMo
Last edited by KittyMo on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
#freeShotty
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Haylen »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:I was just getting acquainted, and bonding with the citizens of the game. Also we shouldn't be to quick to lynch, just fyi. If we kill a towny to quick it will hurt us, but if we take our time and really think it won't.
This is called the RVS (Random Voting Stage), we're meant to randomly vote for people to get discussion going ect.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:49 am

I no what it's called silly :p. But quick lynches are dangerous.
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks KittieMo for the Kitties =D
#freeShotty
Good and Honest
Good and Honest
Townie
Good and Honest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Good and Honest »

Hello, fellow townspeople!

This is my first Newbie game as SE (Semi-Experienced), which means that I have already played in two games on this site. Not that I think this has made me so experienced...

There is something REALLY IMPORTANT that I must announce from the start - I have a certain playstyle which differs from what you might expect to see in a game of Mafia. My playstyle can be characterized by my username - it's Good and Honest. To better understand what I mean, I strongly suggest that you look at my first game on this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14309

You don't have to read everything - I'm lynched very quickly during Day 1 so you can concentrate on my several posts there, which explain in detail what my playstyle is going to be in a game of Mafia. Of course, you're not obliged to look at that game but then you might wonder why I do (or don't do) certain things in our current game. In any case, I'll gladly answer any questions you might have in that regard.

I have to note that I can talk about that first game of mine on this forum because it has already ended. While you can discuss any finished games, discussions of ongoing games are not allowed as a whole.

You have asked some nice questions, drmyshottyizsik. I'll answer them now:

1) How many games have you played - on this site or in general? I have finished my participation in two games here. Before that I had only played several games once in real life - that's what got me interested in the game!

2) What is your favorite role - well, as a whole, I guess, any role which isn't "bad". With my limited experience I'd say a simple "Townie" because I think I prefer relying only on my thoughts to having some special abilities... However, I have found out that there is an "Innocent Child" role which I quite like.

3) What is the most fun thing you've ever done - I really don't know.

4) One interesting thing about yourself - well, I'm very peculiar and I realize it. I have the feeling I'm incompatible with this world...

5) What is your dream job - I don't know whether it qualifies as a "job" completely but I want to create art. I have always dreamt of being a writer and in more recent times I have also been wanting to make music.

Switz, I see you also dream of being a writer. Have you written any books yet?

silverbullet999, I have looked through both your previous Newbie games here - Newbie 940 and Newbie 965. I hope you don't mind answering a few questions about them (and if you do, no problem):

What would you say about each of those two games? What are your thoughts on how you played in them? Did you change your playstyle from Newbie 940 to Newbie 965? Do you intend to play this game similarly to one of those two or have you decided to change something?

Haylen, I'm very happy to be able to play in a game with you - even if it's only for a while... Unfortunately, I have read quite a few games with your participation so I don't know which one to ask you about. I'll ask you something else - how will the fact that you're only temporarily in this game affect your playstyle? Will you play as if you'd remain here until the game's end? Are you thinking about what you are going to leave for Seraphim once Seraphim comes?

Oh, and one more thing, completely unrelated to these previous questions - I definitely hope you'll be taking notes throughout the whole game indeed - it will be extremely interesting to read them when it's over!

What else can I say? Well, I see that some of you have said why they love our moderator... I'll tell you all why I love KittyMo when the game ends!

I really hope you'll all enjoy this game!
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Switz »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:I was just getting acquainted, and bonding with the citizens of the game. Also we shouldn't be to quick to lynch, just fyi. If we kill a towny to quick it will hurt us, but if we take our time and really think it won't.
Uh, in what way is it better to kill a townie after thinking about it real hard than quickly? Sorry to be flippant, but I'm just not sure I see your logic. Obviously it's better to think about who we lynch rather than quickly picking someone, but killing town is almost always bad, at least in normal-format games like this.

Good and Honest:
Haha, no full-on novels at the moment. Right now I'm sticking to nonfiction writing and reporting because that's something I know I can make some (emphasis on some) money at. I think I'd have to be significantly more financially stable to even consider writing anything the size of a novel; either that or sell all my possessions and go live on a boat or something.

That said, I'd like to talk about this playstyle of yours because I think it's really not going to be helpful for the town. You describe it much more fully in your first game, and there's a couple phrases in there that really worry me.
G&H wrote: won't vote for anyone until we reach a point when the town can't win without my vote (according to my estimations, in Newbie games that can happen on Day 3 at the earliest). I just can't make myself vote for someone before that point...
Scary, scary, scary. The point of being town is to lynch. If you are town and you choose not to lynch because you will feel bad for lynching them, then you are acting anti-town. Period.
G&H wrote:I really like yabbaguy's appeal that we be honest. That's another thing that I intend to do - always to be honest, never to lie. Even as a mafioso I'll try not to say things that are untrue. I want people on this forum to know that whenever I'm saying something, it's true.
This is slightly less worrying to me--there's a general theory that the Town should lynch liars on principle, also known as LaL--but it could get you in trouble if you also plan not to lie by omission. If you think that Player X is the Doctor and you say so in thread, you have just killed that Doctor, and probably yourself.
G&H wrote:If you think my playstyle is going to make the game less enjoyable for you, you can vote to lynch me.
See, this is a problem too, because, as town, we're likely enough to mislynch D1 anyways, and lynching you to throw you out of the game is not something we want to do. If you're scum, it's something we should do as soon as possible, but I'm guessing we'll have very little way of knowing that because your "playstyle" is so unlike what is considered "townie" or "scum" behavior.

That said (and I apologize if it seems a little harsh, it's been a long day), you have had time since your first game to reflect. Do you have any plans to change your style from this original game to be more compatible with the broader scope of players? I've only skimmed your game, but it seems like lynching you on D1 caused the town a lot of problems they couldn't recover from.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:50 am

Good and Honest wrote:Hello, fellow townspeople!

This is my first Newbie game as SE (Semi-Experienced), which means that I have already played in two games on this site. Not that I think this has made me so experienced...

There is something REALLY IMPORTANT that I must announce from the start - I have a certain playstyle which differs from what you might expect to see in a game of Mafia. My playstyle can be characterized by my username - it's Good and Honest. To better understand what I mean, I strongly suggest that you look at my first game on this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14309
OMG!!!! You was playing with my best friend gandalf,,, ya he's awesome
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:52 am

Switz wrote:
Uh, in what way is it better to kill a townie after thinking about it real hard than quickly? Sorry to be flippant, but I'm just not sure I see your logic. Obviously it's better to think about who we lynch rather than quickly picking someone, but killing town is almost always bad, at least in normal-format games like this.
I'm saying that if we talk more we may see peoples true colour more, and we can make a better educated choice.
#freeShotty
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:1) How many games have you played?
2) What is your favorite role?
3) What is the most fun thing you've ever done?
4) One interesting thing about yourself?
5) What is your dream job?
1.) I've played around 5-6 games.
2.) Godfather since I get to spout off random quotes from the movie. =P Tbh, I don't have a favorite role as any role that has the power to vote is fun and makes as much of an influence as I find I need.
3.) I never picked a favorite, haha.
4.) I am fascinated with helping others.
5.) Mathematics Professor. Anything requiring something below a PhD wouldn't cut it for me. Plus I'll be in a college where I can study up on whatever I find interesting.

Vote drmyshottyizsik
for making me type all of this out. =P

Quote tags fixed. --Kitty.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:16 pm

I'm L-2 just fyi. This means if i get to more votes i will be lynched.
#freeShotty
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Haylen »

G+H wrote:Haylen, I'm very happy to be able to play in a game with you - even if it's only for a while... Unfortunately, I have read quite a few games with your participation so I don't know which one to ask you about. I'll ask you something else - how will the fact that you're only temporarily in this game affect your playstyle? Will you play as if you'd remain here until the game's end? Are you thinking about what you are going to leave for Seraphim once Seraphim comes?
Yay! My reputation preceeds me :3

The fact I'm a temp. replacement won't affect my playstyle. The last time I was a temp, I was scum and actually won the game in 6 days for my team. (Newbie 880). I will be playing as though I am a normal IC in the game. I've never really thought about what I might be Seraphim to come back to - whatever it is, I trust he'd be able to deal with it adequately.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Ok instead of a random voting stage i propose we have a random questioning stage.
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:48 pm

VOTE: Vote: G & H

oh and Gandalf wanted me to tell you he wishes he would have subbed into your first game sooner so he could have help be part of your first lynching.
#freeShotty
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

I like RVS'S....

ok five questions for though. Y'all should post your answers

1) How many games have you played. 2 and i'm in another
2) What is your favorite role. I haven't experienced any other roles except townie sooo townie?
3) What is the most fun thing you've ever done. Hopefully skydiving this summer >:D
4) One interesting thing about yourself. I'm unique?
5) What is your dream job. Professional slacker.

-The Good One
silverbullet999, I have looked through both your previous Newbie games here - Newbie 940 and Newbie 965. I hope you don't mind answering a few questions about them (and if you do, no problem): I do, I refuse to answer them! Kidding!

VOTE: Good and Honest for making me answer!

What would you say about each of those two games? What are your thoughts on how you played in them? Did you change your playstyle from Newbie 940 to Newbie 965? Do you intend to play this game similarly to one of those two or have you decided to change something? First game was fantastic and was very experimental. I made some huge mistakes in that game... but others did too so, none the less it was a great game. 965 was interesting, I sort of took the lead in investigations and the only reason i survived that one was because someone was a bit more townier than me.. or emerged as a slightly bigger threat... to the mafia anyway then me. I have not decided on what playstyle i will use as I more or less play as I go and don't plan very far ahead.

Your playstyle looks interesting to say the least from what switz mentions. You earn a few points for doing lots of homework apparently heheh. Though I'll judge you a bit more when actions start occuring.

Also I'm the other SE... i forgot if i mentioned that or not

Also KittyMo you are the best mod ever... simply because your posts and interactions in the game have been very entertaining and humorous. I really look forward to this game! :D

Finally yes i didn't quote things... I'm lazy and have been busy so I apologizeee forgive me?

Aww, thanks. ^_^ I try to be fun, but not overly become part of the game since it's a newbie one. I'm not that good at the latter, though. >>; ~ Kitty
Last edited by KittyMo on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... People were right it seems....
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by Switz »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Ok instead of a random voting stage i propose we have a random questioning stage.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:VOTE: Vote: G & H

oh and Gandalf wanted me to tell you he wishes he would have subbed into your first game sooner so he could have help be part of your first lynching.
I'm totally okay with a random questioning stage versus a random vote stage, but that means we really shouldn't have more random votes then. Did you have a specific reason for voting G&H?

Quote tags fixed. --KittyMo
Last edited by KittyMo on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Switz »

I hate my internet connection so much. Sorry again, I somehow lost the formatting of the post when I was trying to get it through. I promise, I'm normally less of a mess when it comes to forum code.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Prox »

I thought you proposed a RQS. Was that another attempt to seem useful?
FoS drmyshottyizsik
This time, I'll not care.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Prox »

Also, my opinion of Good & Honest:

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:28 am

I only voted for him because i read his other games, and he is an anti town player, and this could harm the town so yes question away but i didn't randomly vote G & H.
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:33 am

Prox wrote:

I thought you proposed a RQS. Was that another attempt to seem useful?
FoS drmyshottyizsik
I don't try to be useful, but I think we all should try to be of use in order to kill the mafia.
Sorry i contradicted myself but i couldn't handle playing with G & H, weather he's mafia or not.
#freeShotty
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Prox »

Nice.

So, G&H, I suppose the first and most obvious question to ask before we think about lynching you for your playstyle: Are you scum?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Prox »

Oh, lol. Seems you'll be silent when asked about your role. Good idea.

Anyways, let's think of the usefulness of lynching G&H.

If he/she does as he did in that game she linked, she will post a decent amount of content. However, like everyone in that game pointed out, he also won't validate any of this content with a vote. That would make it pretty hard to figure out whether or not he/she is scum.

However, G&H's desire to always be truthful in every situation (and silent when truth would hurt his meta) means there will possibly be more chance for him to slip. Or does it? What do you guys think?

Personally, I think G&H could be lynched later rather than sooner as his playstyle becomes more obviously destructive.

I think it would be a good idea if everyone gives their opinions on G&H.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Haylen »

Prox wrote:Nice.

So, G&H, I suppose the first and most obvious question to ask before we think about lynching you for your playstyle: Are you scum?
Why are we asking for a claim on Day One? I call rolefishing

Unvote
Vote Prox

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”