Newbie 983 ~ Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Ya the other three players need to post, and no offence was taken. :p
#freeShotty
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by Switz »

@G&H: To clarify the second part of my statement, I simply meant that there are no Night Killing roles in this game other than the Mafia, unlike in other games on this site where you could have a pro-town Vig to take care of questionable elements in the night.

@shotty: I agree with silverbullet's statement that there's no one I really want to lynch, but, if I had to pick one person, it'd be you--but only because of what I indicated a few posts up with my FoS. I'm seeing you as scummier than the other players but at this point in the game there's not enough evidence for that to be much more than a slight suspicion.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:27 am

Post by KittyMo »

[1] Haylen - (Switz)

[1] drmyshottyizsik - (Hinduragi)
[1] Prox - (Haylen)
[1] Good and Honest - (Prox)
[0] Crayboff - ()
[0] Hinduragi - ()
[0] Little Plastic Ninja - ()
[0] silverbullet999 - ()
[0] Switz - ()

[5]
Not Voting
- (Crayboff, drmyshottyizsik, Good and Honest, Little Plastic Ninja, silverbullet999)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Crayboff and Little Plastic Ninja are eligible to be prodded upon request.

FlavorImage

This is not my kitten, but it formerly belonged to someone on this site. They named it Mo. :P
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Prox »

Firstly:
Mod: Prod Crayboff and LittleNinja plz?

Computer problems stop me from continuing atm.

Done. :3 ~KittyMo
This time, I'll not care.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:20 am

Sorry guys i've been at work. And just to clarify why i asked who y'all would lynch was because i wanted y'all to really thik about it and, as I did, realize that no one is truly coming across super scumdiliumpious.
#freeShotty
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Prox »

Good and Honest wrote:I'm glad that some of you have taken a look at my first game and have given comments about my playstyle. I'll respond to them now.

drmyshottyizsik, I can understand that not everyone likes reading long posts but this is just my writing style. I'm sad that it depletes the fun of the game for you. When you comment on my unwillingness to vote, you are of the opinion that it hurts the town because that makes it harder to lynch anyone during the day. But, on the other hand, that also hurts the mafia because it makes it more difficult for them to lynch an innocent townsperson!

However, there is something else extremely important in this context which relates to our current game in particular:

PLEASE, EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS RULE from KittyMo's second post:

7. This game will have 3 week deadlines. At deadline, the player (or No Lynch) with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the tie breaker will be the player who has the first active vote on them. Should there be no active votes at deadline no one will be lynched.

Unlike other Newbie games where if no one has received 50%+1 of the votes at deadline, no one gets lynched, IN THIS GAME even if only one player has voted at deadline, the person who was voted will be lynched! So in this particular game my unwillingness to vote won't have that big of an influence.

Prox, I really like your post where you ponder on the usefulness of lynching me. The thoughts you have given sound very interesting and I agree that the other players should consider them.

Haylen, Prox's question might be notable in a vacuum but my case is special so I don't find the question that strange - I have been asked similar questions in all of my previous games here. The idea is that since I want to always be honest in a game of Mafia, I would be expected to answer a question about my role in a game. However, Prox later did find out that in my first game I have addressed this situation and that I'll remain silent when I'm asked this question.

Switz, being honest doesn't mean that I have to say absolutely everything that's on my mind - just that whatever I say is going to be true. So in your hypothetical situation I most probably won't tell everyone that I think Player X is the "Doctor".

No, I don't intend to change my playstyle. It's going to remain the same as I have stated in my first game.

I see you think it's a problem that I say "If you think my playstyle is going to make the game less enjoyable for you, you can vote to lynch me" so I'll explain in more detail. I realize that my playstyle might not be liked by some players and I definitely don't want to spoil the game for them so I can accept it if they vote for me. That's exactly the case with drmyshottyizsik who has announced not liking either my playstyle or my writing style. So I have no problems with drmyshottyizsik's vote.

However, Switz, you have correctly noticed that my quick lynch during Day 1 in my first game caused many problems for the town - in fact, it can be said that it was a big reason for the town's loss in the end. But that happened because almost all of the other players in the game were focused solely on me. What should have happened is that everyone should have interacted with everyone (and not only with me) and participated more in the discussions... That would have resulted in much more information available - and if the town had used the time available during Day 1, whether they lynched me at the end of the day or not wouldn't really be a problem. That's why I hope that in this game even if the majority of the players don't like my playstyle, the time available during Day 1 will be used for more discussions and interactions between the players - something that even drmyshottyizsik mentioned earlier in the game:

"Also we shouldn't be to quick to lynch, just fyi. If we kill a towny to quick it will hurt us, but if we take our time and really think it won't."

By the way, Switz, there is a sentence you wrote which confuses me:

"The problem with lynching him today is that it loses us a day of actual scumhunting, but the problem with leaving him around is that it'll just make tomorrow more confusing since we have no other way to kill him in a setup like this."

I guess you're talking about me here. The first part of the sentence isn't necessarily true as I've just explained - if we use the whole length of Day 1 for discussions, investigations, sharing thoughts, etc., even if I get lynched in the end, the day won't be lost. However, it's the second part of the sentence that I don't understand - what do you mean when you say that you have no other way to kill me in a setup like this?
tl;dr

But what I got from skimming it:

G&H's promise not to vote would make him a less dangerous scum. That, along with the fact that his playstyle is the only currently wrong thing about him, makes me want to decide not to lynch him. We can do that when G&H seems scummy. Like I said, he'll probably slip easily by not being totally honest if he is scum. And, if he's town, he might slip and tell us so, straight out.

Also, we need to be sure not to take G&H's vow too seriously. Nothing but himself is stopping him from lying. But if we catch him lying this game, there's no need to trust his him any further.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:ok just a quick question. I'm not asking for votes, I'm just wondering. If you guys had to lynch 1 person right now. Who?
Well, if I HAD to pick right now without any more progress in the Day, you'd be hanging on that noose. But only because we're just 5 pages into the game.
silverbullet wrote: Good question.... If someone claimed scum would you vote them?
Well, looking at the possible roles...why not?
Hinduragi wrote:Sorry for not being as active as most. I had to work. Anyways, I've read up on this thread. From what I see Good and Honest said, there shouldn't be a reason to vote for him. His playstyle is "The truth but not the lifting of the curtain" if you had to explain it in one phrase. It doesn't really hurt the game. I look at it like a leap of faith in your fellow players. He's either trusting them not to kill him as a townie or trusting them not to kill him as a mafia goon.

I'm keeping my vote simply because this is a RVS still. No progress has really been made except discussion from a select amount of players. I don't see any reason to change my vote either as I suspect Shotty even more than I did earlier in the game. No offense intended, Shotty. You just showed abnormal behavior which I took note of in the beginning of the game and it gradually grew on me. Hopefully we can have the ones who haven't discussed yet come in and lend us a hand.
It's not an RVS still because the votes aren't random anymore. And discussion from a select amount of players IS progress. Could you be more specific about shotty?

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Sorry guys i've been at work. And just to clarify why i asked who y'all would lynch was because i wanted y'all to really thik about it and, as I did, realize that no one is truly coming across super scumdiliumpious.
Well, not super scumdiliumpious. But, as you seem to ignore, a lot of us find you a little tasty.

seems a lot of us got bad vibes about mr. shotty. Wouldn't it be a good idea to talk about that some more and build some pressure on him and see how that proceeds?

unvote; vote shotty

Awesome! Did you know you can look at specific players' posts all by themselves at the bottom of the page? That's just great.

Shotty seems to be buddying alot. He even pointed out:
I was...bonding with the citizens of the game
He buddies with G&H (even though he wants him dead):
"OMG!!!! You was playing with my best friend gandalf,,, ya he's awesome"
"You know G & H irl i think we would be good pals"

Haylen: "Thanks Haylen."

The thing is, I don't think he's using buddying as a scumtactic, but more as a habit/playstyle. However, it
could
be a scumtactic, since he's been a little fishy in some other ways as well.

I think the reason he seems fishy to me is because he just seems to be wary of getting on people's bad sides, trying to be everyone's friend. He's too...agreeable.

Of course, it's only page 5, but I still think this is an itch worth scratching in order to get more content.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:54 am

Sorry about hating on G & H cause of Gandalf, but he's my best friend irl and we act in stuff together and he was just explaining to me how G & H's play style will harm the town untill he starts to vote. And yes I am tasty ;)... And I like being friends with people whether I'm Mafia or a Townster.

The Rules wrote: 2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
Hey, this is an important rule. Don't talk about this game outside of where it belongs, please. This is your warning.

~KittyMo
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:07 am

Sorry KittyMo, He reads all of my games and when he saw G & H's name he called me and warned me
:'( please don't be angry...

Not angry, I just want players to be careful about that. Talking outside of the thread can cause nasty situations (players having to replace out of multiple games, etc.)
#freeShotty
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Prox »

No worries, now. Let's focus. Shotty, if you HAD to pick SOMEONE to lynch RIGHT NOW, who would it be, and why?
Haylen wrote:
Prox wrote:Nice.

So, G&H, I suppose the first and most obvious question to ask before we think about lynching you for your playstyle: Are you scum?
Why are we asking for a claim on Day One? I call rolefishing

Unvote
Vote Prox
I still don't get it. Did you say this to evoke a response from me, or because there wasn't much there to vote for and you wanted to end the RVS, or because you wanted to misrep me?

I don't see how someone with so much expirience could misinterpret me in this way.
FoS
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:22 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

Prox Interesting stuff

However the one question you answered about someone claiming scum was meant toward G&H (G&H answer when you get back on pwease : ))
The Good question... meant Good, Question.. I'll start properly tagging now lol

@ Shotty

You ignored my question!
silverbullet999 wrote:If he were to get to L-1 in the next 2 hours, you would hammer?
(he being Good in reference to what you posted...)
shotty wrote:nah im good, but i will hammer him if he gets L-1.
... People were right it seems....
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:46 am

Prox wrote:No worries, now. Let's focus. Shotty, if you HAD to pick SOMEONE to lynch RIGHT NOW, who would it be, and why?

It would have to be G & H, because he is the only one who i fear will harm the town.
silverbullet999 wrote:Prox Interesting stuff

@ Shotty

You ignored my question!
silverbullet999 wrote:If he were to get to L-1 in the next 2 hours, you would hammer?
(he being Good in reference to what you posted...)
shotty wrote:nah im good, but i will hammer him if he gets L-1.
yes i would hammer because that means others feel he would hurt the town as do I.
#freeShotty
Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Switz »

Prox wrote:G&H's promise not to vote would make him a less dangerous scum. That, along with the fact that his playstyle is the only currently wrong thing about him, makes me want to decide not to lynch him. We can do that when G&H seems scummy. Like I said, he'll probably slip easily by not being totally honest if he is scum. And, if he's town, he might slip and tell us so, straight out.

Also, we need to be sure not to take G&H's vow too seriously. Nothing but himself is stopping him from lying. But if we catch him lying this game, there's no need to trust his him any further.
Probably the best argument for keeping G&H around I've seen thus far. Means his contribution is going to have to be really good though, because lurking in his case is scummier than others; it'd possibly indicate he was choosing not to speak rather than to have to lie.
Prox wrote:No worries, now. Let's focus. Shotty, if you HAD to pick SOMEONE to lynch RIGHT NOW, who would it be, and why?
Answer, please. Just because you ask the question doesn't mean you don't have to answer for yourself. Quite the opposite, in fact.

And I'm definitely willing to
Unvote, Vote: Shotty
, but unless Hinduragi feels the same he should pull his vote; this isn't RVS anymore and we should start acting that way, especially when random votes are contributing to an L-2 situation.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Prox wrote: It's not an RVS still because the votes aren't random anymore. And discussion from a select amount of players IS progress. Could you be more specific about shotty?
My main concern right now is why did you ask why I voted for Shotty then, in the same post, vote for him? Also, on another note entirely, that's what I meant when I used except. By saying that, I was introducing my hope that the other players would discuss with us.

Anyways, let's be blunt and get straight to my reasons for voting Shotty. By themselves, each of my reasons would seem insignificant and trite. Together, they amass into a repeating pattern of what I am hoping would be reverse psychology.
Shotty wrote:ok five questions for though. Y'all should post your answers
Ok, not too suspicious. Reverse psychology would say otherwise. By trying to "bond" with other players, he's getting on their good side.
Shotty wrote:I'm L-2 just fyi. This means if i get to more votes i will be lynched.
After saying this, he quickly voted against Good & Honest as if it was an attempt to take the heat off himself. He listed his reason as G & H was anti-town without going into detail. Later on he describes one of the reason as G & H having long posts. Lol...If anything, I'd like to see long posts more often. They give you much more insight to who you're playing with. The second reason is he is anti-town. Reason three is without his vote he is hurting the voting process. Reason two and three are basically the same thing if you ask me. I see how you could interpret him as anti-town, however it would be bad to lynch him straight off because then it's the same thing as what happened in his first game and, as you can see, they did not fare well at all after Day 1.
Shotty wrote:Switz we are in a newbie game and i was simply informing him that claims shouldnt be asked for on day one. And about killing G & H you're right it's a trick situation, but i really think we should just get him out of the way now, and scum hunt tomorow.
Get him out of the way? What? Then it'll literally be 5/8 votes available. He didn't say he won't vote at all. He stated he would only vote if the town needed his vote to win. A.k.a. if he had some method of knowing who the mafia are, (he never said if it would be due to their posts or due to a night ability he may/may not have) he would vote for them.

Now for my final reason...(Succession of quotes mode go)
Shotty wrote:good point, perhaps the mafia is sitting back trying to go undetected. UNVOTE: Good & Honest (for now)
He said this after saying the following earlier..
Shotty wrote:I don't try to be useful, but I think we all should try to be of use in order to kill the mafia.
Sorry i contradicted myself but i couldn't handle playing with G & H, weather he's mafia or not.
You couldn't handle playing with him but now you can. As I said, this makes me think his vote was made in order to take the heat off of him.
Shotty wrote:I no what it's called silly :p. But quick lynches are dangerous.
And you voted for G & H right off the bat because he made long posts and is supposedly anti-town.

Again, no offense. Prox just wanted me to back up my vote. Hopefully this will suffice.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Prox »

@Hinduragi: I wanted to know your reasons in particular, to see if they were different from mine. I also asked that because what you said seemed vague to me.

Good point about shotty, you made, too. He did do well to put attention on G&H and off of himself. More importantly, it seems that he could have been opportunistic in his bid for the G&H-wagon, seeing an easy way to get a mislynch on Day 1. And after he got attention for that, he unvoted, despite what he advocated.

Seems pretty suspicious. Thoughts/votes?
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:46 pm

1. Everyone stop saying no offense... : P everyone should know you don't mean actual offense unless your like *insert username here* *insert curse words and insults here* Making a case against someone is not offensive... and even if tempers do rise somewhat... I'd rather encourage it as it tends to reveal more.
2. @Shotty
[quote="Shotty"] yes i would hammer because that means others feel he would hurt the town as do I. [quote]
Why would you be willing to end the day so incredibly early? We have quite awhile to gather info on everyone... there are still people who haven't posted yet... and G&H's actions (not intentions) in my mind haven't really given me room for judgement yet.. also there still are two people that haven't even posted yet!
3. @Shotty you should also rebuttal the case if you want
4. @Good and Honest- What's your feelings on everything.. I feel like you've been quiet lately
5. @Haylen- Same question as Good!

Trying out numbered style... tell me if you likie or not.

I would vote shotty but that throws him on L-1, and I'd like to actually get a few reads on others and hear from the other two people before this day ends.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:48 pm

EBWOP

I hate quote tagging... -_-

Also forgot to add that Hindu gets a cookie for his case.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Prox »

Recap:

Shotty is accused of

1. Buddying
2. Contradicting (several times)
3. Opportunism
4. Trying to push away suspicion (repeatedly)

The case seems to be getting more and more solid. We should discuss this more before considering pushing him to L-1 (that's when people usually claim, right?). We're only at Page 5. The mafias I've looked at usually get around page 9.

WE NEED MORE THOUGHTS, ESPECIALLY FROM THOSE WHO'VE ONLY POSTED ONCE OR TWICE.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Prox »

This is so fun ^^

While I'm happy, KittyMo, you're an awesome mod and can I have a kitty pic? (where do you get those things??)

Mod Note
Well, the black and white cat and the tabby are mine. :3 The other one someone sent me a picture of.

Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Switz »

Nice call, Hinduragi. I'd noticed some of these things before, but the G&H voting pattern was something I hadn't seen. Good work, this totally justifies my vote on Shotty even more.

And I second the idea that we need more voices. Lurking is bad, even when it's not actively scummy.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:00 pm

Prox wrote:Recap:

Shotty is accused of

1. Buddying
3. Opportunism

The case seems to be getting more and more solid. We should discuss this more before considering pushing him to L-1 (that's when people usually claim, right?). We're only at Page 5. The mafias I've looked at usually get around page 9.

WE NEED MORE THOUGHTS, ESPECIALLY FROM THOSE WHO'VE ONLY POSTED ONCE OR TWICE.
Ok, here i would like to say a few things. First i want to rebut the statements made against me.
1. Buddying- since when is being nice and being friends with the town a bad thing? If all of the town hates each other then the town won't function.
2. Contradicting- I don't contradict so much as i change my mind. None of us have a rock solid case, so we all have a right to form, and reform opinions.
3. Opportunism is the conscious policy and practice of taking selfish advantage of circumstances, with little regard for principles- I have not done this. I have asked questions that better the towns understanding of each other.
4.Trying to push away suspicion- I have not tried this at all. I never said anything about anyone being mafia, i simply stated that even if G & H is a towny he will hurt the town.

Now I would like to rehash number four, but turn the tables. Prox, all you have done is tried to drive the band wagon of me being scum, thus pushing any suspicion away from you, which if you are mafia is a very very smart thing to do, but it is also the sign that you may be mafia. Also I would like to touch on number 1 a little bit. On the first day we started this game you I and Haylen played on Kongregate together. (don't worry Kitty it was strictly non-thread stuff) And actually me and Haylen were talking about it and you tried to buddy yourself right in there with us. And about number 3, this entire game you have used opportunism to do nothing but pass the buck, and gain the trust of people. And finally number 2, you said and i quote.
So, G&H, I suppose the first and most obvious question to ask before we think about lynching you for your playstyle: Are you scum?
then you said.
Either way, I'm not really asking for a claim. I don't care as much about his role, as I do his alliance. Or is there not a difference?
this is very contradictory and it also proves that you were trying to buddy up or form an "alliance". So, finaly my point. By your theory of those four points equaling mafia. You sir = Mafia
Prox is accused of

1. Buddying
3. Opportunism
5. And Being a hypocrite
VOTE: Prox
#freeShotty
Good and Honest
Good and Honest
Townie
Good and Honest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:32 pm

Post by Good and Honest »

silverbullet999, if at times it feels like I'm quiet, it's because I prefer to have more things to comment on (and the result is that my posts are long)...

Regarding your question - from what I have read in various games here, I have seen a few times players announce that they are a mafioso. And in at least two of those cases the person in question turned out to be an innocent townsperson. The reasons they might claim such a thing could be different - maybe they are annoyed with the game or want to confuse someone... In any case, just because someone says they are a mafioso doesn't mean they really are. Now - would I vote for such a player? Well, my playstyle is not to vote unless the town can't win without my vote - and I must say I don't believe the other players will let a player claiming to be a mafioso reach that stage...

Hinduragi, I'm glad that you joined the discussion. It was very interesting for me to read your thoughts. I'm happy that you like long posts! By the way, you have misunderstood me slightly. I'm not trusting the other players not to kill me; I'm trusting them to believe what I'm saying. That doesn't mean they shouldn't suspect me - regardless of my playstyle, it's always possible that in a particular game I have a "bad" role.

drmyshottyizsik, it's great that gandalf5166 is your best friend (gandalf5166, if you're reading this: Hi!), but I don't think it's a good idea to let anyone, even your best friend, influence the way you're playing in this game.

There is something that seems strange to me. I have already cited you saying: "Also we shouldn't be to quick to lynch, just fyi. If we kill a towny to quick it will hurt us, but if we take our time and really think it won't.". I certainly agree with this. But later, when asked by silverbullet999, you say that if in the next 2 hours you have the opportunity to cast the final vote to lynch me, you'll do it! I'm especially baffled by this because it has already been said here how bad it was for the town in my first game that I was lynched so quickly...

silverbullet999, there is something I want to ask you. You're wondering why drmyshottyizsik would be willing to end the day so incredibly early. But then why did you say this to drmyshottyizsik earlier:

"If you want Good and Honest dead or at least pressure applied keep the vote on, if it hops up to L-1 I'd suggest you take it off if it's still early in the week. Worse case scenario is Good & Honest gets quickhammered which then lets us investigate the wagon and more than likely the hammerer"

You said this immediately after drmyshottyizsik unvoted me... And you yourself had just unvoted me! But from what I quoted it sounded like you didn't mind it if drmyshottyizsik's vote stayed on me and you even discussed a scenario where I'm quickly lynched... I hope you'll explain these interactions of yours with drmyshottyizsik.

By the way, I have absolutely no problems with drmyshottyizsik's wanting to be friendly - this depends on one's character. I also like a friendly atmosphere when I'm playing a game.

Prox notes that drmyshottyizsik has said "Thanks Haylen". I looked at the context and I was confused. drmyshottyizsik, while I don't mind your thanking any player, why exactly were you thanking Haylen in this case?

Prox summarized several points against drmyshottyizsik and then drmyshottyizsik used the same points against Prox. For me the most important thing here was what drmyshottyizsik DIDN'T do - didn't attack Hinduragi, who was the one to present a detailed case against drmyshottyizsik.

Little Plastic Ninja and Crayboff, I hope you'll join the discussion!
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:44 am

silverbullet999, there is something I want to ask you. You're wondering why drmyshottyizsik would be willing to end the day so incredibly early. But then why did you say this to drmyshottyizsik earlier:

"If you want Good and Honest dead or at least pressure applied keep the vote on, if it hops up to L-1 I'd suggest you take it off if it's still early in the week. Worse case scenario is Good & Honest gets quickhammered which then lets us investigate the wagon and more than likely the hammerer"

You said this immediately after drmyshottyizsik unvoted me... And you yourself had just unvoted me! But from what I quoted it sounded like you didn't mind it if drmyshottyizsik's vote stayed on me and you even discussed a scenario where I'm quickly lynched... I hope you'll explain these interactions of yours with drmyshottyizsik.
I unvoted you because it was RVS on you and I didn't find it applicable to keep the vote on you as you weren't suspicious at the time to me. It seemed that I had "convinced" shotty to unvote you as well. Since (if memory serves me right) his vote was not RVS and votes to pressure someone in my mind always helped. Basically I did not mind his vote on you as I said, pressure is always good and you were only at l-3 with my unvote (I believe anyway). Is that sufficient or would you like me to go in even greater detail?

Also what caused you to make a vow to only vote if town needs you to and for you to adopt this rather strange playstyle. (I wanna nickname it turtle defense because I think it will be incredibly hard to prove your townie or scum throughout this whole game if you plan to follow this.)
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:45 am

EBWOP

@Good

Top two suspects please
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:17 am

Good and Honest wrote:
drmyshottyizsik, it's great that gandalf5166 is your best friend (gandalf5166, if you're reading this: Hi!), but I don't think it's a good idea to let anyone, even your best friend, influence the way you're playing in this game.
He didn't influence how i played he simply asked me to read your past games to get a feel for you play style. Ironicly it was the same game you posted a link to.
Good and Honest wrote: There is something that seems strange to me. I have already cited you saying: "Also we shouldn't be to quick to lynch, just fyi. If we kill a towny to quick it will hurt us, but if we take our time and really think it won't.". I certainly agree with this. But later, when asked by silverbullet999, you say that if in the next 2 hours you have the opportunity to cast the final vote to lynch me, you'll do it! I'm especially baffled by this because it has already been said here how bad it was for the town in my first game that I was lynched so quickly...
Ok about this, my play style is strange, kind of like yours. I am on the fence about you right now, but I'm not getting a scum read from you, just a bit of anti-town, but this morning i went and reread your play style and looked at one of your past game and realized that you aren't anti-town you just want to be 100% sure that your choice is correct unless you are need for the game to continue.
Good and Honest wrote:By the way, I have absolutely no problems with drmyshottyizsik's wanting to be friendly - this depends on one's character. I also like a friendly atmosphere when I'm playing a game.

Prox notes that drmyshottyizsik has said "Thanks Haylen". I looked at the context and I was confused. drmyshottyizsik, while I don't mind your thanking any player, why exactly were you thanking Haylen in this case?
He said something I very much agreed with.
Good and Honest wrote: Prox summarized several points against drmyshottyizsik and then drmyshottyizsik used the same points against Prox. For me the most important thing here was what drmyshottyizsik DIDN'T do - didn't attack Hinduragi, who was the one to present a detailed case against drmyshottyizsik.
Ok here's my case against Hinduragi, he made some valid points, but he's posted to confirm, to rvs me, to apologize for working, and to dis me. And I can't say as much against him, but what i can say is that when he's says i was bonding with people, yes i bond. I AM A BONDER! It's how i play. I like having good relations with everyone. And when he said that I am trying to get rid of the heat on me. Yes I am, and so is anyone who is L-2, but all he has been doing is laying the heat on me thicker. Maybe he is mafia and saw an opportunity to get a innocent person lynched and is pushing it really hard and is getting his partner Prox to help.

:idea: i think we need more kitties!!!!
#freeShotty
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Prox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote: Ok, here i would like to say a few things. First i want to rebut the statements made against me.
1. Buddying- since when is being nice and being friends with the town a bad thing? If all of the town hates each other then the town won't function.
2. Contradicting- I don't contradict so much as i change my mind. None of us have a rock solid case, so we all have a right to form, and reform opinions.
3. Opportunism is the conscious policy and practice of taking selfish advantage of circumstances, with little regard for principles- I have not done this. I have asked questions that better the towns understanding of each other.
4.Trying to push away suspicion- I have not tried this at all. I never said anything about anyone being mafia, i simply stated that even if G & H is a towny he will hurt the town.

Now I would like to rehash number four, but turn the tables. Prox, all you have done is tried to drive the band wagon of me being scum, thus pushing any suspicion away from you, which if you are mafia is a very very smart thing to do, but it is also the sign that you may be mafia. Also I would like to touch on number 1 a little bit. On the first day we started this game you I and Haylen played on Kongregate together. (don't worry Kitty it was strictly non-thread stuff) And actually me and Haylen were talking about it and you tried to buddy yourself right in there with us. And about number 3, this entire game you have used opportunism to do nothing but pass the buck, and gain the trust of people. And finally number 2, you said and i quote.
then you said.
Either way, I'm not really asking for a claim. I don't care as much about his role, as I do his alliance. Or is there not a difference?
this is very contradictory and it also proves that you were trying to buddy up or form an "alliance". So, finaly my point. By your theory of those four points equaling mafia. You sir = Mafia
Prox is accused of

1. Buddying
3. Opportunism
5. And Being a hypocrite
VOTE: Prox
I call OMGUS.

First off, I only spent time acting friendly during the pre-game: not when things started to get serious.

I never contradicted myself. Alliance is defined as Scum/Town/3rd-Party. Role is like Doc/Cop/Godfather/etc. I think you misunderstood me. I was asking G&H about his alliance, since he said he would always be truthful.

If you call defending myself logically and then attacking another person using perfectly valid points scummy, then I have a problem with you.

You didn't explain anything about opportunism. Btw, when I say opportunism I mean that you went after G&H because it was the easy thing to do.

All in all, your attack is weak, and seems to be you lashing out at me for attacking you (OMGUS).
G&H wrote:The reasons they might claim such a thing could be different - maybe they are annoyed with the game or want to confuse someone...
I hope that doesn't happen much. I'd think that the person who claims mafioso is a jester or suicide bomber or something...and unless a vig is around, it's still best to lynch those...right? But its a useless thing to discuss in this game where stuff like that won't happen.
Ok here's my case against Hinduragi, he made some valid points, but he's posted to confirm, to rvs me, to apologize for working, and to dis me. And I can't say as much against him, but what i can say is that when he's says i was bonding with people, yes i bond. I AM A BONDER! It's how i play. I like having good relations with everyone. And when he said that I am trying to get rid of the heat on me. Yes I am, and so is anyone who is L-2, but all he has been doing is laying the heat on me thicker. Maybe he is mafia and saw an opportunity to get a innocent person lynched and is pushing it really hard and is getting his partner Prox to help.
Bonding is not pro-town. http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Buddying_Up

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”