Jack the Townie was killed

Day 2:
Nobody Special the Townie was lynched

Night 2:
SpyreX the Townie was killed

Day 3:
Andrius, a member of Mafia A, was lynched

Day 4:
Steam-Powered Shovel, a member of the "Anarcho-Syndicalist Mafia" (Mafia B) was lynched.

Day 5:
Fishythefish, a member of the "Anarcho-Syndicalist Mafia" (Mafia B), was lynched.

Day 6:
nopointinactingup, the Mafia A member, was lynched

Events

Night 1
Night 2
Night 3
Night 4
Night 5
Endgame
Last edited by zoraster on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by zoraster »

Rules

Initial Setup:

Every player will be given either mafia or town . They will be the most generic version of that side: i.e. they will be vanilla town or mafia goon. Each town player will be given $100 in cash to start. Each mafia player, $125. The set-up will be 8 town, 2 Mafia A, 2 members of the "Anarcho-Syndicalist Mafia" (Mafia B). The ONLY ability that Mafia have to start is the ability to daytalk with their partner. They do not start with the power to kill.

Bidding Generally

All bids should be made by PMing Zoraster. To make a bid, specify what the
highest
price is that you'll be willing to pay. The bids will then work approximately like an e-bay auction where the person who has specified the highest total will pay exactly $1 more than the next highest bidder. In the event of a tie, the player who sent her bid first will get the bid. Winning bids are paid from the cash you have when the bidding ends. If you do not have enough cash, you will immediately be entered into bankruptcy to pay off the winning bid's price
and you will not receive the ability

Original Ability Bidding:

At various points, new abilities will be put up for bidding. At the start of the game, there will be 7 abilities listed. There will be a Minimum Bid listed for each ability. If a player wishes to bid on that ability, he may PM the mod with the ability’s name and how high he’d be willing to pay. Once a bid over the minimum bid is made, the ability will be sold to the highest bidder 24 hours later. Each real life day that no bid is made over the minimum bid, the minimum bid will be reduced by 10% or $2, whichever is a larger reduction. All bidding is anonymous. Once made, bids may not be undone.

Trading:

2. Bidding: You may PM the mod to list your ability on the trading market at a certain minimum bid*. Once a minimum bid has been made, the ability cannot be pulled from the market OR used. All bids are anonymous. Bids must remain up for at least 3 real-life days before being pulled.
*The minimum bid may be no more than 150% of what you paid for it. If you have used a limited shot ability, you may not make the bid any more than the price you paid for it.

If, for example, a two-shot ability is used once, and its owner then puts it on the market, it will be for a one-shot ability.

Wire Transfer:

If you have no debt, you may transfer money to another player. A 5% fee will be charged. Wire transfers are done anonymously.

Bank Loans:

1. The bank will loan you money, up to 300% of your current cash on hand minus debts.
2. The bank loans at a 10% interest rate compounded every game day, and the full payment is expected within 3 days. For example, if you borrow $100 and do not pay off any money, after the first day the debt is $110, after the second day the debt is $121, and after the third day it is $133.
3. You may pay off your debt at any point. However, any debt you pay off in the first day is charged a 5% service fee. So for example if you take out a $100 loan and pay off $50 of that debt, you will only have paid off $47.5 of the debt, leaving you with a debt of $52.5.
4. If you cannot pay your debt off after the third day, you will enter bankruptcy until your debt is fully paid off.

Bankruptcy

1. If a player enters bankruptcy, first all cash on hand is used to pay off the debt.
2. If the player is still in debt, ALL abilities he owns will be put on the market with a minimum bid of $0.
3. The money from the sale of these abilities will go toward paying off the debt.
4. Any money left over from the sale after the debt has been paid off will be given to the player, minus a 20% processing fee.
5. If a player is still in debt after the sale of the abilities, wages will be garnished until the debt is paid off.
6. While in bankruptcy, the interest rate will be cut to 2%.

Transfer of Abilities:

You may not directly transfer abilities.

Money Win:

In addition to a factional win, any player will automatically win by fulfilling the following requirements. Winning in this manner removes the player from the game, and the game will proceed:
1. Have at least $1000 in cash minus debts AND
2. Have at least 50% of total cash in the game (of those alive)

Regular Win:

1. Mafia win when they have eliminated all town and the other mafia team or their win is inevitable.
2. Town win when they have eliminated all mafia.

Estate Bidding:

Upon death by
lynch
(but not other death), a player’s estate will be put up for bid. The minimum bid will be set at $50, and it will not be lowered. Otherwise, bidding works like it does for abilities, ending 24 hours after the first bid is made on it. The winner of a player’s estate will receive all cash, debts, and abilities that the player had. Upon payment for the estate, the winning bidder will get to see the assets and debts of the estate and may either accept the estate or renounce (probably because of debts)

Wage:

Each player, unless altered by an ability, will receive a wage of $20 each game day if town and $30 if mafia.

----

Lynching and Voting:

1. Votes must be preceeded by ## and be bolded. For example:
##Vote: Zoraster

2. There will be NO unvoting.
3. If a player ever reaches a majority of the votes available, that player will be lynched and instant night will begin.
4. If the deadline is reached, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If there is more than one player with the most votes, the player with LESS cash minus debts will be lynched. If there is still a tie, the player with the fewest abilities will be lynched. If there is still a tie, random.
5. You may vote for No Lynch.

Twilight:

What is it?
Twilight is simply the period between when the hammer vote (i.e. the vote that gives a player a majority) occurs and the moderator is able to lock the thread.
2. You may post, vote, or otherwise act as normal during twilight.
3. Realize that twilight may end at any moment. It is to your benefit to almost always have a target selected for any action that will occur in instantaneous night and merely to switch the selection when twilight falls. This will keep you from doing “no action.”
4. Twilight ends and your ability to send in actions ends the moment the thread locks.
Where do I send my actions?
To Zoraster.

Night:

This game uses an instantaneous night.
All night actions must have been given to the mod during the day or during twilight. It is to your benefit to submit night actions before twilight so that you don’t have your actions missed. You may change your actions before night occurs.
2. Once twilight is over, the thread will be locked, the night’s results will be posted, result PMs will be sent, the thread will be unlocked, and the next day will begin immediately.
3. The thread will be locked while the mod is organizing the night results.
Where do I send my actions?
Nowhere. It’s too late. You missed the night.

Things you cannot do:

Can I talk about this game elsewhere?
While this game is ongoing, you are NOT allowed to discuss it in other topics/games (as this will likely get you modkilled in that game
as well as
this one). PMing other players about the game will result in a modkill. This game is in
this topic
, and in any QuickTopics the mods explicitly give you. That's it.
I know how to prove my Towniness! I'll post my Role PM!
No you won't. Quoting your Role PM or anything I tell you via PM will result in your modkill. The exception: Members of the Mafia may quote their PMs to each other without reprisal.
Okay, but I can still prove my Towniness through other, clever ways...
No you won't. As a moderator I try to avoid betraying who the scum are through any means. If you try to break the game, etc. through invisible text, steganography/cryptography, etc., you will be modkilled.
I have mod powers... so I can edit/delete this post... right?
No. What you post in this topic STAYS in this topic. If you multipost because the board is messing up, I will not delete the extra posts.
I'm dead. Can I still post?
No, with one exception. A recently deceased player may make a "bah" post consisting of the letter 'N' followed by as many lowercase 'o's as you prefer. Nothing else is acceptable. A “dead quicktopic” for dead players may be given to you for you to talk to other dead players. You may not discuss this game while it is ongoing, even while dead.
You talk a lot about modkills. What is a modkill?
Pretty self-explanatory on its face - I kill you immediately. I also change your role retroactively to Neutral Survivor - meaning you auto-lose. If a modkill occurs during the Day on a town member, I will immediately move the game to Night.

Other Stuff

1. I make mistakes. If I’ve made a mistake on vote counts, the deadline, or a typo, please bring it to my attention in thread. If you think I’ve made a mistake otherwise, please PM me.
Theme Game Disclaimer.
In spite of everything mentioned above and below, this game is not obligated to make sense until it is over. Rules may be overridden by certain abilities. I may include any number of exotic roles and abilities in this game -
and you will like it
Miscellaneous.
Play to win.
Other Things.
Have fun. Or else. And remember, it's a game - keep it classy and don't take things personally; everyone's doing what they have to to win.
5. Don’t annoy the mod. The mod annoys back.
6. Vote counts will be put on the top of each page as well as their own post at frequent intervals.
7. I reserve the right to add other rules or alter current rules as needed.
8. Remember to use the ##Vote: format while voting or your vote
will not count

VTsHello. You are a member of the town.

You start with $100. You will earn $20 every game day.

The game thread is found here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14219

Please remember that all votes must have ## before vote or it will not count.

Win Condition: You win when you have eliminated all mafia.

Confirm by PM
. The game will start on Tuesday, but Mafia may begin to discuss in their QT. The first marketplace currently has 7 abilities up for your perusal.

Highlights:

1. Use the
##Vote:
format or your vote will not count.
2. This game uses instantaneous night. Your actions must be submitted before the end of the day or twilight or your action will not go through that night.
3. There is no unvoting.
Last edited by zoraster on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 28 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by zoraster »

The Marketplace

To place a bid, PM Zoraster with the highest price you would be willing to pay.

1. Nightkill x 2 - This ability will give its owner two night shots. (max: one per night)
Minimum Bid: $10 Current Bid: None

2. Investigation Immunity - This ability will make its owner appear to be innocent to Cops.
Minimum Bid: $20 Current Bid: None

3. Body Armor x 1 - This ability will allow its owner to take one night shot without dying.

4. Pick Pocket - This ability will allow its owner to steal 25% of the cash his or her target possesses each night.
Minimum Bid: $50 Current Bid: None

5. Cop x 2 - This two-shot ability will allow its owner to investigate a player (max: one per night). That player will come up as either innocent or guilty.
Minimum Bid: $50 Current Bid: None

6. Double Voter - This will cause a player's vote to count for two votes. (Not separable).

7. Doctor x 2 - This two-shot ability will allow a player to select another player to protect against a night kill the following night. (max: one per night)
Minimum Bid: $10 Current Bid: None

This is only kept up to date until the next vote count. It is now out of date.
Last edited by zoraster on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by zoraster »

Role PMs are now out. Remember to mark the thread as watched.

The thread is now open for pre-game chat. You must confirm by PM, but I gather many people will have questions and strategy they want to discuss before the game.

No bidding will be taken before the game starts on Tuesday.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by Andrius »

Hooray! I get to play with Vas again! :D
(And Jack too. lol)

@ Vas: Should I claim Thor now, or later? lol
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 8:15 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

My first thought is that the minimum bids are mostly really, really low (the main exception is pickpocket, which is probably a pretty realistic price). There is ~1 ability per person there - even if some more are going to come onto the market, you'd expect the average ability price to be substantially more than half our cash. Don't be fooled into thinking the minimum price is a fair one, particularly for the more powerful abilities.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Post by Andrius »

FishytheFish wrote: There is ~1 ability per person there - even if some more are going to come onto the market,
Not so. There are only the 7 powers out there. The "x2" means two-shot abilities, not two of that role- I already asked Zor.

I like how a town player can buy the Nightkill and become a Vigilante while the Mafia is NK-less. Good idea there.

You know what would be cool? If we could like, have a reverse power-buy. So I could volunteer to take the "Miller" role for like, $10 bucks, and someone else could offer to take it for $5, etc. Like, it would be cool if we could make more money by taking on "bad" traits like "Hated Townie" or "Miller" or "Treestump".
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 8:36 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Thanks for clearing that up.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 1:47 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

Can't we all just no-lynch and no-kill until all the scum have more than $1000 each. The mafiosi all win simultaneously and leave the game and then all the townies win too!
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 1:59 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Hmmm. That seems to work.

@mod:
does Money Win end the game?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 3:19 am

Post by zoraster »

Fishythefish wrote:Hmmm. That seems to work.

@mod:
does Money Win end the game?
It does not.
SPS wrote:Can't we all just no-lynch and no-kill until all the scum have more than $1000 each. The mafiosi all win simultaneously and leave the game and then all the townies win too!
The money win requires not just 1000 dollars (cash minus debt), but also over 50% of the money in the game INDIVIDUALLY. I suppose you could have the scum claim and then have everyone send their money to him or her. But that just gets you one mafia. Then you'll need to wait until everyone has enough money again, then claim again, then send money again. Then do it twice more.

Of course, if a scum claims, you'd probably want to just lynch him. But if that's the way you want to play this, I won't stop you. I just don't know how viable it is.

The money win is a personal win. It is not a factional one.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Ah! I for one had read the money win as an either/or thing (the rules are written right. I just can't read).
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Jack »

I like these "instantaneous" night games, where the mafia only have the 12 hours after the lynch goes through to get their orders in. Keeps the game going fast.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Actually, there's no 12 hour period after the lynch - as soon as the lynch happens, the night happens.

FoS
Jack. In this game, everyone is thinking about buying night actions. So they are thinking about their own night actions. Jack's focus on the mafia's actions is more likely to come from scum.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:16 am

Post by Jack »

Fishythefish wrote:
Actually, there's no 12 hour period after the lynch - as soon as the lynch happens, the night happens.

FoS
Andrius. In this game, everyone is thinking about buying night actions. So they are thinking about their own night actions. Andrius's focus on the mafia's actions is more likely to come from scum.
Way to help the mafia.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:25 am

Post by zoraster »

Just wanted to tell everyone that I updated the Bank Loan section. There aren't any real substantive changes, but I wanted to make it easier to read and provide some examples. I also broke the bankruptcy portion out into a new section.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Jack wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:

FoS
Andrius. In this game, everyone is thinking about buying night actions. So they are thinking about their own night actions. Andrius's focus on the mafia's actions is more likely to come from scum.
Way to help the mafia.
Wait. So you're calling the mafia stupid, because they can't read?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Zajnet »

This is going to be epic.

@mod
: Will we be told what the current bid is on each item?
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Jack »

Nobody Special wrote:
Jack wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:

FoS
VV. In this game, everyone is thinking about buying night actions. So they are thinking about their own night actions. VasudeVa's focus on the mafia's actions is more likely to come from scum.
Way to help the mafia.
Wait. So you're calling the mafia stupid, because they can't read?
Are you insulted?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Nobody Special »

No, just clarifying your attitude.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Jack »

Nobody Special wrote:No, just clarifying your attitude.
And how did it go?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:50 am

Post by zoraster »

Zajnet wrote:This is going to be epic.

@mod
: Will we be told what the current bid is on each item?
Yep.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 9:36 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@Jack:
1) I don't see what I accused you of in Andrius's post.
2) TBH, I didn't even consider deliberately misleading people about the rules, or that someone else might have done. In this case, it seems that protown PRs are at least as likely as scum to get screwed by your lie here.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Jack »

Fishythefish wrote:@Jack:
1) I don't see what I accused you of in Andrius's post.
2) TBH, I didn't even consider deliberately misleading people about the rules, or that someone else might have done. In this case, it seems that protown PRs are at least as likely as scum to get screwed by your lie here.
What protown PRs? The guaranteed-success doctor? The one-shot "universal bulletproof"?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I was thinking of the doctor and the cop (or rather, either of those which are bought by town). They would be just as likely to miss their actions as scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”