farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:19 am

Post by farside22 »

Sudo_Nym wrote:It's early, so it's very hard to tell, but I'm innately suspicious of anyone who tries to delay or stop meaningful discussion. And so far, the silliness that has delayed it was perpetrated mainly by Nobody Special, farside, and MPR. Oddly, all three of them are also on the 6 man MMM bandwagon. No guarantees of anything, so early, but worth keeping an eye on.
unvote:
vote: Sudo

That's pretty hypocritcal statement consider your converstions so far was giving a plus point to NS for trying to make conversation then voting him for back tracking and being silly. Yet you Sudo offer nothing to move the conversation forward but pointless blames towards others.

Lets note the things you didn't note in all this.
Fake: voting randomly and ignoring MMM (why?)
Sera: Asking about the vote from Fate and not following through
Anyone that made one or two post and staying so low off the radar as not to move the game forward.

Things you noted:
People being silly. OMG stop us from talking how dare we.
Noting things although minor (cough me) in regards to IH's post and comment and asking NS more about his vote on MMM and his thought process.
Basically your asking no questions and scorning people who even though you see "joking" are actually looking at things more seriously then the non/lack of comment posters.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:19 am

Post by SensFan »

Vote Count

Mysterious Mystery Man - 5 (MehPlusRawr, Nobody Special, Seraphim, mb53, rajrhcpfreak)
Nobody Special - 3 (Sudo_Nym, IH, fuzzylightning)
farside22 - 1 (ReaperCharlie)
MehPlusRawr - 1 (Mysterious Mystery Man)
Espeonage - 1 (FakeGod)
UncertainKitten - 1 (Espeonage)
Sudo_Nym - 1 (farside22)

Not Voting - 3 (jmj3000, Panzerjager, UncertainKitten)

9 to lynch
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:24 am

Post by farside22 »

farside22 wrote: Things you noted:
Noting things although minor (cough me) in regards to IH's post and comment and asking NS more about his vote on MMM and his thought process.

Basically your asking no questions and scorning people who even though you see "joking" are actually looking at things more seriously then the non/lack of comment posters.
Note the bold should be under things that sudo didn't note in his critism of others.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Mysterious Mystery Man »

@ farside22: What do you mean by "ignoring MMM"? Why should he question my distaste for the book series?
Also known as: cheater_1
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:47 am

Post by farside22 »

Mysterious Mystery Man wrote:@ farside22: What do you mean by "ignoring MMM"? Why should he question my distaste for the book series?
I did this in another game where I voted for someone that most found anatagnist to see reactions. You kind of made it easy for me to get a wagon going to analysis how people reacted and what they said.
I have found scum to ignore jumping on a bw most times out of fear or ignore things that look easy. There is the scum that jump on the bw but those are harder to read. Right now I have a gut call someone on your wagon is scum but it's just gut right now.
This is a harry potter theme game anyone that didn't react to such a statement is either a harry potter hater or someone trying to fly low on the radar and not react.
Scum don't like to react in my book. The flow under the radar making very little waves.
Sudo on the other hand also is doing one of my favorite scum tell moments where they bitch about lack of content and jokes but dont' move the game forward themselves, also called posting fluff.
I suspect FakeGold scum more for lack of reaction to your comment and Sudo scum based on his fluff/bitch post right now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:55 am

Post by farside22 »

Mysterious Mystery Man wrote:@ farside22: What do you mean by "ignoring MMM"? Why should he question my distaste for the book series?
Also you should note most people voted you because of that comment. Which hey if your town it's a great way to get reaction and see how people react.
I have a feeling based on everything you said you mean it.

*jerk*
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Nobody Special »

MehPlusRawr wrote:*hands YOU a shiny new humor meter*
Touché.

Now with Real Game Content:

My vote on MMM was more or less random. Although I honestly can't quite put my finger on why someone who is so vocally opposed to HP is playing a mafia game based on HP. Perhaps just a total hardcore mafia addict. But still, there are other games out there, so it makes me wonder.

Moving on:

I get farside's points about not wagon-jumping and about staying under the radar. These are points to be noted for later Technical Analysis.

I think IH is being opportunistic.

More discussion, please. I was happy with the activity level in the beginning. Let's not fall asleep here, people.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 9:15 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

Personally, I am a huge Harry Potter fan, to the point that I play Quidditch at Michigan State University. However, I do feel that MMM has gotten a lot of unnecessary flak for saying he isn't a fan of the series. If anything, it shows that he has a knowledge of the theme if he can say he doesn't like it and provide reasons, although, I don't believe he has given a reason outside of J.K. Rowling is a horrible writer.

Why do we have this speculation on whether or not this game is bastardly modded. Wouldn't we know if we were to expect some bastard modding? I would believe that Sens would have mentioned that fact somewhere.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

farside22 wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:It's early, so it's very hard to tell, but I'm innately suspicious of anyone who tries to delay or stop meaningful discussion. And so far, the silliness that has delayed it was perpetrated mainly by Nobody Special, farside, and MPR. Oddly, all three of them are also on the 6 man MMM bandwagon. No guarantees of anything, so early, but worth keeping an eye on.
unvote:
vote: Sudo

That's pretty hypocritcal statement consider your converstions so far was giving a plus point to NS for trying to make conversation then voting him for back tracking and being silly. Yet you Sudo offer nothing to move the conversation forward but pointless blames towards others.
Hypocritical? I stated from the off that I wasn't a fan of the time wasting. I made a random vote (or two), but that's hardly enough to cancel out my later statements, I think. And "pointless blames"? At least I was doing something to try and create real discussion instead of pointless blather.
farside22 wrote: Lets note the things you didn't note in all this.
Fake: voting randomly and ignoring MMM (why?)
Sera: Asking about the vote from Fate and not following through
Anyone that made one or two post and staying so low off the radar as not to move the game forward.
And what exactly did MMM say, that in a mafia context, makes one whit of difference that FakeGod ignored it? And voting randomly, in a game where everyone is expected to make at least one random vote? Is that supposed to be a point?

Sera and the lurkers are irrelevant. People lurking during RVS was not noted because its not noteworthy. Some people are just like that. It's annoying, but there's not a lot that can be done. If they continue lurking, then they'll be noted.
farside22 wrote: Things you noted:
People having fun isn't a problem. People should have fun- it's a game. But when your "fun" is causing a distraction from the purpose of the actual game, it presents a potential problem. Perhaps I should have simply feigned outrage at MMM and posted a lolcat, instead?
farside22 wrote: Basically your asking no questions and scorning people who even though you see "joking" are actually looking at things more seriously then the non/lack of comment posters.
I didn't ask questions because I didn't need to ask questions to provoke a reaction- your post, at a minimum, suggests that I did a very fair job by simply making an observation. And again, saying that "My bullshit is okay because I'm not lurking" is completely worthless on page 4; lurking, in my opinion, doesn't really become noteworthy until the game starts moving. In other words, when people cut the bullshit.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 9:41 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

The day has just started, we were still in RVSand the first bandwagon was just started off of a series of comments that were made. Regardless of my feelings on the merits of the bw, it happened. Why is that a distraction from the purpose of the game?
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Mysterious Mystery Man »

So, cat's out of the bag I guess. But I got a fair amount of reactions, and I'll be keeping an eye on Sudo_Nym. I'll analyze the bandwagoning soon.
Also known as: cheater_1
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:00 am

Post by FakeGod »

wow this game is very active <3

@farside: eh so you want me to say something about MMM's tastes? Um I don't know why he would play HP Mafia if he didn't find the series
delicious
like many people did (myself included), but I thought Esp was cooler with his blindfolded avatar and all.

Question: I don't think I was the only one who didn't post anything about MMM's tastes (or rather distastes), any reason why you singled me out?

@fuzzy: wow you play Quidditch? which position do you play?
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:21 am

Post by farside22 »

@FakeGod: You were the first one I notice to RVS after MMM's comment. Did someone else?
*looks*
I note UK's constant comment about here vote and really it's pointless yeah she's on my list too but something about her second post gives me the hebby jebbies.
No one else avoiding commenting that I see do you?
Sudo: Read post 79 that pretty much states my view on why ignoring someone who is doing an RVS and not much else looks scummy.
scum sudo wrote:People having fun isn't a problem. People should have fun- it's a game. But when your "fun" is causing a distraction from the purpose of the actual game, it presents a potential problem. Perhaps I should have simply feigned outrage at MMM and posted a lolcat, instead?
How is it distracting? Do you see anyone else promoting discussion in any way shape or form?
scum sudo wrote:I didn't ask questions because I didn't need to ask questions to provoke a reaction- your post, at a minimum, suggests that I did a very fair job by simply making an observation. And again, saying that "My bullshit is okay because I'm not lurking" is completely worthless on page 4; lurking, in my opinion, doesn't really become noteworthy until the game starts moving. In other words, when people cut the bullshit.
Great so we are both agreed your not asking question and just bitching about the players.
Oh wow the someone noticed me comment is thrown there just to justify you doing something.
And you say your not scum. pfft
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:14 am

Post by farside22 »

scum sudo wrote:I stated from the off that I wasn't a fan of the time wasting

You did? Really I would love to see this quote where you said you were not a fan of wasting time in this game.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

farside22 wrote:
scum sudo wrote:I stated from the off that I wasn't a fan of the time wasting

You did? Really I would love to see this quote where you said you were not a fan of wasting time in this game.
Sudo_Nym wrote:While it's all very interesting, the discussion of MMM's opinion of the books has very little to do with helping us actually win the game, is it? Kudos to Nobody Special for at least trying to relate it back to the actual game.
My very second post. Granted, I made one more joke post subsequently, but from then on I've attempted to remain on topic. I notice you immediately started bitching at me after I made the mere observation that you were coming off-topic.
farside wrote:Great so we are both agreed your not asking question and just bitching about the players.
Which implies that you believe that the only possible way to aid the game along is to ask questions. My point is that it is not. Conversation can be generated without asking a question. Case in point, we're having a conversation, and I have yet to ask you anything.
farside wrote:Oh wow the someone noticed me comment is thrown there just to justify you doing something.
"To justify" what? My entire point was that whether or not I'm asking question is irrelevant to whether I'm helping pull the game out of RVS, and I offered evidence that this was the case. Rather than provide any sort of logical argument, you decide to just try and blow me off.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:49 am

Post by farside22 »

So Sudo: Your saying I'm making observations (IE: bitching about people) but it's still means I'm providing something to move the game along.
You did this twice. The first time no one said anything. So......how did this move along the first time you tried it? If your goal was truely to try and move the game forward wouldn't you try another tactic instead of more bitching again?
If people continued to ignore your bitching does it really move the game along?

By the way your quote doesn't say your not a fan of waste. Just that the conversation being had was not helping. That is not the same thing.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:51 am

Post by farside22 »

By the way ignoring questions being asked at you helps me to see you more scummy Sudo please continue to ignore those points you can't respond to.
IE:
far wrote:How is it distracting? Do you see anyone else promoting discussion in any way shape or form?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

farside wrote: So Sudo: Your saying I'm making observations (IE: bitching about people) but it's still means I'm providing something to move the game along.
You did this twice. The first time no one said anything. So......how did this move along the first time you tried it? If your goal was truely to try and move the game forward wouldn't you try another tactic instead of more bitching again?
If people continued to ignore your bitching does it really move the game along?
How is this an argument? The fact that nobody responded the first time is a hit against me? Isn't that the exact same pitfall that any attempt at generating conversation that has every existed has had? But now that I'm doing it, it's suddenly distracting?
farside wrote: By the way ignoring questions being asked at you helps me to see you more scummy Sudo please continue to ignore those points you can't respond to.
IE:
far wrote: How is it distracting? Do you see anyone else promoting discussion in any way shape or form?
I ignored the question because its worthless. "Nobody else is better" is not a reasonable excuse for anything, ever, and it's no better in a mafia game. One would think a mother would know that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

Please someone read what sudo said that started this arguement read his response above to my pressure then vote the scum for his backtracking and hypocritical ways.
Thanks.

For those missing it:
sudo wrote:It's early, so it's very hard to tell, but I'm innately suspicious of anyone who tries to delay or stop meaningful discussion. And so far, the silliness that has delayed it was perpetrated mainly by Nobody Special, farside, and MPR. Oddly, all three of them are also on the 6 man MMM bandwagon. No guarantees of anything, so early, but worth keeping an eye on.
Isse I'm having he's not moving the conversation along. His retort after I call out him on if anyone
is promoting discussion or how we are distracting which was his initial bitch in the first place.
Sudo wrote:I ignored the question because its worthless. "Nobody else is better" is not a reasonable excuse for anything, ever, and it's no better in a mafia game. One would think a mother would know that.
Basically his pointless bitching out those stalling the game is just that white noise which is my point exactly as it in his own words isn't giving him shit as far as reads or observations other then saying people are being silly and it's distracting but offering nothing in return to move the game along.
Lets add to scum tells awnsering a question with a question and not answering the point at all to my ever growing list.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Seraphim »

fakegod wrote:Sera: Asking about the vote from Fate and not following through
Just because I haven't followed through yet does not mean I'm not going to. Sheesh. But this time you are right, there's nothing really to follow up on, so I'm not going to.

Oho, Sudo and farside fight. Based on my meta of farside, Sudo is the hypothetical loser but I'll see how it plays out first.

And MMM, were you gambiting by saying you hated HP at the beginning? That's the impression I get or perhaps I'm completely daft which is entirely probable.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Ok now as far my meta on him goes FG plays like VI through early day one or at least he did in the last game I played.
Farside's drive is appreciated and I am tempted to think that farside and sudo are townies that got off on the wrongfoot as opposed to doing anything wrong.
Don't @ me.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by IH »

Nobody Special wrote:I think IH is being opportunistic.
How so? Second vote on you, and I offered up my reasons for my vote.

Are you just saying things again? If your vote was really random, why'd you give your other reasons?

In regards to Lurking
:What? The game has been open for like a day or two. I don't know if this is an issue atm.

@MMM:What cat is out of which bag? O.o; I've seen neither.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by FakeGod »

@Sera: um you quoted wrong. That was farside not me.

Unvote

Esp you're not cool anymore.

@farside: ah you meant RVSs after MMM's comment against HP. Sorry, I misunderstood.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Oh whoops. Sorry. I meant farside.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by SensFan »

bump
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”