Newbie 955 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Adaham
Adaham
Townie
Adaham
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by Adaham »

RayFrost (1) AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus (1) kingcod
kingcod (1) Adaham
Adaham (1) LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult (1) RayFrost
Valkyrie (1) MrSandman
MrSandman (1) Hoopla
(No vote) sailorpallas, Valkyrie
9 alive; 5 votes lynch.

sorry, lagging forum, can somebody delete those identical posts above? Thanks!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Hoopla is female, last I checked.

Also, what about me? :(
don't you feel silly now?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Post by Hoopla »

RayFrost wrote:Hoopla is female, last I checked.

I think you're female too.
kingcod
kingcod
Goon
kingcod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:24 pm

Post by kingcod »

My I 've learnt all sorts already in this game - Hydras and Alts, cats are demons ...

Yes page one was fun.

Just so we don't take it too seriously, and to help focus on a smaller number of Test Cases for a lynching:
unvote AdumoroDeus

Hi Ray
Town: 2W/1L
Scum: 0W/0L

"when two events happen simultaneously pertaining to the same object of enquiry we must always pay strict attention"
Adaham
Adaham
Townie
Adaham
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Post by Adaham »

RayFrost wrote:Hoopla is female, last I checked.

Everybody on the Internet is male until proven otherwise :wink:

Nothing bout you yet, or so I think.
Yes page one was fun.

Just so we don't take it too seriously, and to help focus on a smaller number of Test Cases for a lynching:
unvote AdumoroDeus
Dismissing page 1 as pointless spam (or fun) is something villains like to do, I personally believe that the early spam can be very telling, as the scummies might be caught off-guard, but especially because there is no clear stances and positions yet. Once some rivalries have established, it´s easy for scum to follow others, but in the beginning scum is careful to see where the wind´s coming from.

How does your unvote (and thus your return to a completely blank state) help focus on a smaller number of Test Cases for a lynching? Or is this a fancy way of saying that you are going to wait and see which bandwagon gets rolling?

I think my vote is in a good place right now.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 2:51 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Fair enough Hoopla, just seeing what comes out.

On to my next person:

Unvote

Vote: Valkyrie

No activity yet at all, really?

Any particular reason you guys chose me? I'd like to here your reasoning for focusing on me as a bandwagon choice.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 2:55 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

EBWOP: fixing formatting, dunno if tags at the end and beginning invalidate it.

Unvote

MrSandman
MrSandman
Townie
MrSandman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 4:36 am

Post by MrSandman »

RayFrost wrote:Now hoopla, don't go spreading lies about me... I may
think
know cats are the spawn of demon creatures that live inside our blood, but I'm way too smart to throw
rocks
at them. That'd only make them eat me. You should clearly use a laser beam to fry them. Do you know nothing? Or maybe you are an agent of their chaos!?

Anyway, interrupting hoopla's interrogation of sandman to ask a question of the utmost importance that will determine the fate of the galaxy.
MrSandman wrote:
No, I'm only upset with Valkyrie. I was just teasing though.
Why are you upset with valkyrie? If you are upset with valkyrie (and that is why you voted valkyrie), how is your vote 'just teasing?'
He just sent me a PM the day I joined. Not upset.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 5:06 am

Post by RayFrost »

MrSandman wrote:
RayFrost wrote:Now hoopla, don't go spreading lies about me... I may
think
know cats are the spawn of demon creatures that live inside our blood, but I'm way too smart to throw
rocks
at them. That'd only make them eat me. You should clearly use a laser beam to fry them. Do you know nothing? Or maybe you are an agent of their chaos!?

Anyway, interrupting hoopla's interrogation of sandman to ask a question of the utmost importance that will determine the fate of the galaxy.
MrSandman wrote:
No,
I'm only upset with Valkyrie.
I was just teasing though.
Why are you upset with valkyrie? If you are upset with valkyrie (and that is why you voted valkyrie), how is your vote 'just teasing?'
He just sent me a PM the day I joined.
Not upset.
Vote: MrSandman
don't you feel silly now?
MrSandman
MrSandman
Townie
MrSandman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 6:21 am

Post by MrSandman »

I can see how that could look bad.
MrSandman wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
MrSandman wrote:
Vote Valkyrie

You ever going to show up and post bro?
Seems a bit early to be on the lurker hunt, no? If that is going to be the criteria for your vote now, why did you neglect to mention sailorpallas? Or are you only upset with Valkyrie?
No, I'm only upset with Valkyrie. I was just teasing though.
Did not expect a deal to be made out of a first page joke vote so I just copied the last option. Meant to come across as not just voting for as so far non-poster but picking out Valkyrie over sailorpallas for a reason.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Townie
Valkyrie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Valkyrie »

Sorry about that, I've been busy with school. :)
kingcod
kingcod
Goon
kingcod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 9:32 am

Post by kingcod »

Adaham wrote: Dismissing page 1 as pointless spam (or fun) is something villains like to do
I suppose so. But to use page one votes as a runnaway bandwagon can get someone to L-1 pretty quick.
Adaham wrote: How does your unvote (and thus your return to a completely blank state) help focus on a smaller number of Test Cases for a lynching? Or is this a fancy way of saying that you are going to wait and see which bandwagon gets rolling?
It is.

Not Liking Sandman's recent posts. Do we get to hear the gist of that PM to Valkyrie to be sure its not" 'kill them - kill them all!' *evil cackle* "

vote Mr Sandman

Questions to all

(1) is respect for the mod the Mark of the ScumBeast or Town being nice?
(2) who has performed the best scumhunt so far, in your view?
Town: 2W/1L
Scum: 0W/0L

"when two events happen simultaneously pertaining to the same object of enquiry we must always pay strict attention"
Adaham
Adaham
Townie
Adaham
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Adaham »

Both your questions sound like more fishing to me. Question Nr.1 is right out pointless, as nobody has been really disrespectful to the mod (unless I´ve missed something). You are the one that took respect/disrespect to the mod as a reason to place a vote. Meager reason for a vote = scumtell (in my book).

On top of that, you admit to actually waiting for a bandwagon to form and immediately jump onto it - also scummy.

Your reason to jump on the Mr.Sandman wagon is also pretty weak. Your ironic phantasy about the PM between Valkyrie and Sandman is slightly amusing, but little more than that. Considering we´re out of the joking stage, that means that you have voted once more for a weak reason.

Only reason for your question Nr. 2 that I can think of, is that you are trying to figure out who has the most credit amongst the village and join that persons cause - sums up to me as fishing, bandwagoning and another instance of potential buddying up. You´re not improving your position right there...
sailorpallas
sailorpallas
Townie
sailorpallas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 10:20 am

Post by sailorpallas »

sorry my job has lept me going and i juuuust got on to vote

yellow is a pigment of your imagination
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:55 am

Post by LobsterCatapult »

Adaham wrote:Just a quick one, as I have to go to work in 15 minutes. I´ll be back later in the day.

@ Lobster: Nobody has mentioned me because I have made 1 post in which I made a rather legit point (for page 1 standards). For the rest, I don´t see really what kind of reaction you are expecting from me, as the only thing you said was that I might be forgotten. Sounds like you´re acting concerned for the sake of discussion, without actually any real substance to it.
yeah, you are correct, i wanted to try to get a discussion going since discussions usually help town out, nothing you said was necessarily scummy, i simply wanted to spur discussion along and since you posted, i thought that you would address my vote.

the only thing of substance that kinda caught my eye is that in a mafia game, i havent really seen people vote for people in regards to treatment of the mod that wasnt...super terrible, so it just stood out to me.

im a little surprised by sailors vote...why just the vote for valkyrie? id be nice to have some sort of explination than your....just coming into vote. seems odd like you are posting just to vote.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
MrSandman
MrSandman
Townie
MrSandman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:55 am

Post by MrSandman »

sailorpallas wrote:sorry my job has lept me going and i juuuust got on to vote

Hey. Random vote?
kingcod wrote:Not Liking Sandman's recent posts. Do we get to hear the gist of that PM to Valkyrie to be sure its not" 'kill them - kill them all!' *evil cackle* "
That was about the gist of it. You know how those welcome messages usually are.
kingcod wrote:
vote Mr Sandman

Questions to all

(1) is respect for the mod the Mark of the ScumBeast or Town being nice?
(2) who has performed the best scumhunt so far, in your view?
Being nice to the mod is being nice to the mod. I see nothing scummy there. Is this just part of the random question faze or is there something specific you noticed?

Concerning your second question. Hoopla I suppose. Not much competition. It's only page three after all.
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:09 pm

<b> unvote

vote:sailorpallas</b>

sailorpallas comes across as more likely to be mafia than adaham at this point, reading over his posts, and i'd like a reason for sailors vote, as well as an explination on just got on to vote...it seems like he doesn't intend on adding substance, only a vote, to posts to me.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:10 pm

unvote

vote:sailorpallas

sorry, wrong tags.
~LC
sailorpallas
sailorpallas
Townie
sailorpallas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by sailorpallas »

LobsterCatapult wrote:<b> unvote

sailorpallas comes across as more likely to be mafia than adaham at this point, reading over his posts, and i'd like a reason for sailors vote, as well as an explination on just got on to vote...it seems like he doesn't intend on adding substance, only a vote, to posts to me.

good reasoning and actually the reason i chose valk with little to no explanation a person appears late in the game? mind you i always dstrust people who change there votes without any good reason as maybe they are just trying to sow dischord
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:21 pm

sailorpallas wrote: good reasoning and actually the reason i chose valk with little to no explanation a person appears late in the game? mind you i always dstrust people who change there votes without any good reason as maybe they are just trying to sow dischord
im....not quite understanding what you wrote here...

i dont think you really addressed what i wanted. didnt also come in late in the game? and what do you mean "good reasoning and actually the reason"

i think i addressed my reason for changing my vote pretty succinctly and well, if you want i can give you specific reasons why i changed my vote, but what i got from this, is you voted for valk for posting late, when you yourself did the same thing...though i may have misunderstood O_o
~LC
sailorpallas
sailorpallas
Townie
sailorpallas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by sailorpallas »

unfourtanatley yes the reason i chose valk is that they came in late(which means that they could have been watching and waiting the entire time) my problem is that the same reasoning can be used against me D: but(and this was not on you because you reasoning makes sense) people without a reason who change there votes always strike me as suspicious
MrSandman
MrSandman
Townie
MrSandman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by MrSandman »

sailorpallas comes across as more likely to be mafia than adaham at this point,
reading over his posts
, and i'd like a reason for sailors vote, as well as an explination on just got on to vote...it seems like he doesn't intend on adding substance, only a vote, to posts to me.
You mean post? At time of this sailorpallas had but one message. It was just a seemingly random vote however but still, this comes off a bit stranger in my eyes.
MrSandman
MrSandman
Townie
MrSandman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by MrSandman »

sailorpallas wrote:unfourtanatley yes the reason i chose valk is that they came in late(which means that they could have been watching and waiting the entire time) my problem is that the same reasoning can be used against me D: but(and this was not on you because you reasoning makes sense) people without a reason who change there votes always strike me as suspicious
This makes absolutely no sense. From what I gather you voted for Valk for something you admit you did yourself. Please explain what makes you any better.
sailorpallas
sailorpallas
Townie
sailorpallas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by sailorpallas »

MrSandman wrote:

reading over his posts
, and i'd like a reason for sailors vote, as well as an explination on just got on to vote...it seems like he doesn't intend on adding substance, only a vote, to posts to me.
You mean post? At time of this sailorpallas had but one message. It was just a seemingly random vote however but still, this comes off a bit stranger in my eyes.
i had merely taken it for a typo(easy enough as it should be a bit more strange not a bit stranger[ i to talk i typo hardcore]) the question is why a target at me instead of question both me and valk coming on
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 12:30 pm

MrSandman wrote:

reading over his posts
sorry i meant adaham's posts, not sailors.

ok, i guess i see what you are saying sailor, but at the same time, it was only about a day into the game...and arent days 3 weeks? i suppose im used to watching slower paced games, but i dont see yours, or valks delayed posts as too suspecious yet....

your vote w/o explination real quick just seemed suspecious...idk, though i do agree on your view of vote changing, do you mean in regards to mr sandman or in general?
~LC

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”