Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:04 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Damn!
Actually, I wasn't lying about my ability(except for the 'has to happen' thing, that sounded like a Vig thing to me) or name, just my alignment.
I was the last remaining member of the Moran(Hound) Mafia.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:11 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

W00t!
London Mod
London Mod
Goon
London Mod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:44 pm

Post by London Mod »

Chapter 12: Hound the Morans

Once more, I was sitting in my living room, feeling all weird. I was trying to forget all the things that were happening in London. All the kills, the mob activities, the loss of my great friend Dr. Watson. Last night, I had some hope again, when Dr. Charles Meadows had confessed killing those women. I couldn't help wondering whether he was responsible for Mrs. Watson's death or not. Anyway, that man was taken care of. Maybe things would get better. But this evening, something told me we weren't quite done with evil. Call it a hunch, or whatever you like, I just knew something was happening.

Not being able to resist the urge to take a look on the steets, I came out of my favorite chair, put on my coat and went for the door. As I opened it, I noticed it was raining again. I took an umbrella from the coat stand on my right, walked outside and closed the door. At the end of Bakerstreet, I noticed two people walking in the direction of Buckingham Palace. I decided to catch up with them. Maybe they knew what was going on. It was really hard to keep up with their speed. They seemed to be in a hurry.

"Excuse me, may I ask where you are heading?", I asked.

"But of course, good sir.", one of them replied.

The other one looked at me as if we had met before.

"We are on our way to Buckingham Palace."

"What's going on over there? Does it have to do with the Royal Family?"

The other one answered: "Nothing like such thing. There's a mob meeting in five minutes. If we hurry, we'll be there in time. Would you care to join us?"

I agreed and followed them. I figured it would be best to be there should the situation go out of hand. When we arrived at the front gates of the palace, I saw that there had already gathered quite a few people. They were arguing together about what the next logical step would be. Then, all suspicion seemed to fall on a person standing inside the group. Others took him and started asking questions.

"You're Oliver Clay, right? Or did you make that up too?"

"No, I am Oliver Clay. I never lied about that ...", the man answered.

"But?", one of the mob asked, after noticing he didn't finish his sentence.

"Uhm ... okay. I have to confess something. Please don't get mad. I didn't tell you everything. I'm also a serial killer. I send out my hound every other night to get someone killed."

"Another serial killer? That's it! Your finished.", the crowd shouts.

"Wait! Why are you doing this? I never intended to hurt you people. I can help you."

"So you're saying you actually work like a vigilante?"

"That's it.", the man says, "I always get those two things mixed up. You know, at first I confused mafia with scum too. Now I know those two are complete different things."

But the mob didn't fall for it. They gathered around him and I could hear a lot of shouting. I knew right then and there, that this man would never survive the night. I took some distance from the crowd and waited until things calmed down. It took quite a while before the group split up and everyone started walking in different directions. And there he lay, victim of an angry London. I walked up to him and looked for his wallet. I discovered it inside his coat and took it out. Inside the wallet, I found a card with his name on it. It was indeed Oliver Clay. I put his wallet back and noticed something else in his pocket. It was a letter. At the bottom, it was signed Colonel Sebastian Moran.

After failing to find any usefull clues in the letter, I went to the nearest main street around the palace in order to take a cab home. A lot of people on the streets seemed really happy. My guess was that they came from the mob meeting and were confident that the hound killings were finally put to an end. And I couldn't help but feel a little happy myself. It's always good to rid yourself of a member of the 'Moran' family. With that thought, I stopped a cab and opened it's door. I climbed in and took a seat after giving directions to the coachman. Then right before I closed the door, I heard it. Off in the faint distance, borne on the wind, came to my ears ... the howling of a hound.

Untrod Tripod - Oliver Clay (mafia) - lynched by the town.

It is night. Choices due next Monday, midnight, scum time.
[i]"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job" [/i] - Sir Winston Churchill
London Mod
London Mod
Goon
London Mod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:31 am

Post by London Mod »

Chapter 12 bis: A different - and sicker - perspective (the horrible details you did not want to read about the lynching)

When I see a lynching mob and a victim, I do not see coincidence, I see Providence. I see... Purpose.

Lynch scene it is then - in front of Buckingham Palace.

It was a beautiful afternoon in London ('Hey Leo, this can't possibly happen' 'Oh give me a break, Cad,
there is no spoon
'), and Untrod Tripod was enjoying the gentle weather. The sun was bathing his face in warmth and tenderness, and he was slowly falling in love with the Universe.

But they were watching him.

- 'I believe he's the one...', a voice said behind him.
- 'What ? What do you mean ?'
- 'Yesss... He's the one...'
- 'Huh ? I'm just another guy, sorry'

Untrod Tripod tried to remain humble in front of the now fast-gathering crowd of admirers.

- 'No, noooo, you're the one to be lynched today....'

Untrod Tripod ran for his life - to Buckingham Palace ('How convenient, Leo...''Shhh'). There, he would beg for the Queen's Pardon. If she refused, he could propose to bargain what he knew about the documents in exchange for his life. ('See? See?').

At the Palace's gate, the guards gazed with amazement at the nearing cloud of dust, until they saw the crowd. 'It's a revolt', a soldier yelled. 'No, it is a revolution. Close the gates at once, we must protect Her Majesty'.

'READY...', an officer yelled.

The crowd was growing bigger and bigger, but Untrod Tripod had almost reached the gates.

'AIM !!!!'

'MERCY !', Untrod Tripod yelled, shaking the gate with his both hands.

Someone punched him in the back and he felt to the ground.

The last image Untrod Tripod would have from this world would be the angry and maddened mob Untrospecting his Tripe - with the guards watching, horrified.

But then again, are we not all looking for answers ?

Untrod Tripod - Oliver Clay (mafia) - lynched by the Town.
It is now night. Please send in your night choices before Monday the 17th, midnight, scum time.
[i]"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job" [/i] - Sir Winston Churchill
London Mod
London Mod
Goon
London Mod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:09 pm

Post by London Mod »

Chapter 13: Moriarty's Final Problem.

'DAMN !'.

For the second night in a row, his door was blocked from the outside.

Professor Moriarty walked to the fireplace and stared at the red flames.
What to do ? Colonel Moran had died before he had a chance to contact him. As to his gang itself... What to do ? If only he could somehow take control of the Hound... But first things first. Who was blocking his door night after night ?

"
Watson, I could not sit quiet in my chair, if I thought that such a man as Professor Moriarty were walking the streets of London unchallenged
", Sherlock Holmes used to tell his doctor-friend. Could it be Holmes ??

DAMN !

Suddenly, the wind blew under Professor Moriarty's door - and he instinctively grabbed a poker. ''Tis just the wind", he thought to himself.
But the wind had brought a strange gift: a letter, in a delicate, pink envelope.

Moriarty tore it open.

My Dear Professor Moriarty, -- You really did it very well. I had been warned against you months ago. But still, you were able to outwit me for a long time. Even after I became suspicious, I found it hard to think evil of you.

But, you know, I have been trained as an actress myself.

I first thought the best resource was flight, when pursued by so formidable an antagonist. But I finally decided to accept the challenge.

I did not know your address, so I followed you to your door; I then had a few street boys fix it so you do not trouble our friendly community at night. I guess they will not find the nest empty tomorrow morning when they check on you.

I leave you a photograph which you might care to possess; and I remain, dear Professor,

Very truly yours,

I.N.

'DAMN !'

Moriarty ran to the window, and smashed it open with the poker.
'A locked door will not prevent me from doing my work'
, he thought.

But as he finally managed to climb out of the window and started walking down the street, he noticed that strange dog, just a few feet from him. Its eyes were as red as flames.

'But then again, perhaps this will'
, he sighed.

MeMe - Professor Moriarty, Napoleon of Crime - killed by the Hound.

It is day. 12 alive, 7 to lynch. Vote away !
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:59 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Great: mafia killing mafia, that’s well done people. So in reality the hound mafia is still up and running, in spite of Unpod Tripod’s confession under the gallows. What really would be nice if the mods would reveal who the dead ‘mafia’ belong to. I guess that’s too much to ask, though. The real threat at the moment appears still to be the Hound mafia, so it would be interesting to go back to the voting pattern yesterday. Unless Unpod Tripod really was not Hound mafia at all, but in MeMe’s group, hm. Whereas on the other hand the absence of a second kill could indicate that MeMe’s mafia has now been eliminated. I don’t know.

Any new ideas, or do I pick a bandwagon victim like yesterday to keep the identity of my fellow mason safe?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:31 am

Post by Norinel »

(When the mod said Monday, I thought the Monday immediately after night began. Silly me.)

I thought Meme was a little too interested in my recruitment potential.

Looking at the death scenes, we seem to be shown that UT was with Moran. I do think he was lying about having much to do with the Hound, since mathcam was both killed by the Hound and shot by someone who in the letter was described as a Moran henchman. Would the Moran mafia use two kills on one player just to confuse us? The letter in Meme's death scene is from A Scandal in Bohemia, but it was originally addressed to Holmes.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:55 am

Post by MeMe »

A hound is not a worthy death for me...I declare a
huge
(yet dignified) "bah."
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Porro
Porro
Townie
Porro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:35 am

Post by Porro »

Professor Moriarty walked to the fireplace and stared at the red flames.
What to do ? Colonel Moran had died before he had a chance to contact him. As to his gang itself... What to do ? If only he could somehow take control of the Hound... But first things first. Who was blocking his door night after night ?
The mod also told us that Untrod Tripod was one of Moran's gang
It was indeed Oliver Clay. I put his wallet back and noticed something else in his pocket. It was a letter. At the bottom, it was signed Colonel Sebastian Moran.

After failing to find any usefull clues in the letter, I went to the nearest main street around the palace in order to take a cab home. A lot of people on the streets seemed really happy. My guess was that they came from the mob meeting and were confident that the hound killings were finally put to an end. And I couldn't help but feel a little happy myself. It's always good to rid yourself of a member of the 'Moran' family.
The fact that the hound killed Moriarty, would seem to imply that Moriarty/Moran gang are one mafia team, and the hound's controllers are another (which included Mrs. Beryl Stapleton).

Perhaps Moriarty, since it mentioned he hadn't yet made contact with the Moran Gang, was a mafia spy-type role, or even a potential mafia GF. NB the mod talked about Moriarty hoping to take control of the hound. Perhaps Moriarty could be recruited to a mafia group (mafia spy style), or could actually take control of any mafia group he found (he is described as "Napoleon of Crime".

My guess is that he could take control of a mafia he found, but didn't find one before he died.

I haven't read back through the whole thread, but from the P1 death list, my theory is:

Moran Mafia dead:
Colonel Sebastian Moran
Harry Sutton
Oliver Clay

Hound Mafia dead:
Mrs. Beryl Stapleton
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:04 am

Post by Werebear »

*grin* Moriarity, dead! Thanks to a woman, and the Baker Street Irregulars.

We still have the other Stapleton, and probably the hound, at least.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:17 am

Post by Werebear »

Found it!

A Scandal In Bohemia
- Irene Norton, the only woman to outfox Sherlock Holmes. THANKS, IRENE, for your job hindering Moriarity.
A Scandal in Bohemia wrote:My Dear Mr. Sherlock Holmes,--You really did it very well. You took me in completely. Until after the alarm of fire, I had not a suspicion. But then, when I found how I had betrayed myself, I began to think. I had been warned against you months ago. I had been told that if the King employed an agent it would certainly be you. And your address had been given me. Yet, with all this, you made me reveal what you wanted to know. Even after I became suspicious, I found it hard to think evil of such a dear, kind old clergyman. But, you know, I have been trained as an actress myself. Male costume is nothing new to me. I often take advantage of the freedom which it gives. I sent John, the coachman, to watch you, ran up stairs, got into my walking-clothes, as I call them, and came down just as you departed.

Well, I followed you to your door, and so made sure that I was really an object of interest to the celebrated Mr. Sherlock Holmes. Then I, rather imprudently, wished you good-night, and started for the Temple to see my husband. We both thought the best resource was flight, when pursued by so formidable an antagonist; so you will find the nest empty when you call to-morrow. As to the photograph, your client may rest in peace. I love and am loved by a better man than he. The King may do what he will without hindrance from one whom he has cruelly wronged. I keep it only to safeguard myself, and to preserve a weapon which will always secure me from any steps which he might take in the future. I leave a photograph which he might care to possess; and I remain, dear Mr. Sherlock Holmes,

Very truly yours,

Irene Norton, nee Adler.

"What a woman--oh, what a woman!" cried the King of Bohemia, when we had all three read this epistle. "Did I not tell you how quick and resolute she was? Would she not have made an admirable queen? Is it not a pity that she was not on my level?"

"From what I have seen of the lady she seems indeed to be on a very different level to your Majesty," said Holmes coldly. "I am sorry that I have not been able to bring your Majesty's business to a more successful conclusion."
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:25 am

Post by d8P »

WahOO! Way to go, Hound mafia!

I think the woman is just a role bocker (in communication with Holmes, perhaps?), Werebear, but that MeMe was also targetted by the Hound mafia because of yesterday.

I figured that MeMe was in the same family as UT because of the "info" she had on him. I assumed she was trying to make herself out to be protown by sacrificing one of her own.

It confused me for a bit today, but then it struck me - that's
exactly
why the Hound mafia targetted her. She *knew* UT to be mafia, he claimed Hound, which he was not. So the real Hounds knew something was up, and figured MeMe it was a set up.

Now the strange part - If Moriarty was targetted by the woman and the moriarty maf kill was stopped, isn't it reasonable to assume Moriarty was the one killing people. If so, why? Isn't the gf usually the one who doesn't kill until all the other members of the family are dead?

Anyway, who has an updated roleclaim list?
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:39 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Role Claims:
* CaptainBlicero -- ???
* d8p -- ???
* DoomCow/massive -- ???
* Dourgrim -- ???
* Dragon Slayer -- ???
* Jalyn/Talitha -- Sam the Beggar (one-shot follower)
* Norinel -- Ellen Sutton (a hopefully no-longer recruitable townie)
* Dragon Phoenix/Kelvin -- Mason
* Korais666 -- ???
* Porro -- Jane Moore
* rite -- Prof Kendall
* Werebear -- Mycroft Holmes

Most suspicious to me are Talitha, for reasons stated yesterday, and Korais666, for being largely a non-factor so far.

Yeah, the lack of a second kill last night makes me wonder if Moriarty was the one doing all the ingenious killings. We can assume "stabbed" was Jack, and "shot" seems like a generic henchman kill, but running someone down with a cab or stabbing them with a compass seems to be somewhat inspired. Or, maybe there was no kill last night because the Mafia was assembling their cannon, which could be bad news. Either way, there should be no Hound kill tonight, which is nice.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:31 am

Post by Werebear »

London Mod wrote:I then had a few street boys fix it so you do not trouble our friendly community at night. I guess they will not find the nest empty tomorrow morning when they check on you.
From this note, it appears she specifically blocked Moriarity each night... maybe she followed people and was told if they were evil or not, and given the choice to block? The note doesn't seem to be written like the block happened only one night....
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:25 am

Post by massive »

I don't know if I would believe that Irene Norton would be pro-town, seeing as she was a rival of Holmes. But she also doesn't fit with the Hound gang, and if she was blocking Moriarty, then I guess she doesn't fit in there either. I guess we're speculating that she's even IN the game.

Why did MeMe say that Norinel wasn't part of the Hound gang? (p. 14) How would she know?

Right now, while I agree that Talitha's roleclaim still makes her suspect numero uno, I'd like to hear some more from people about what that statement means for Norinel.

-- massive, drinking a cuppatea
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:26 pm

Post by Norinel »

massive wrote:Why did MeMe say that Norinel wasn't part of the Hound gang? (p. 14) How would she know?
Because she was either lying or knew my recruitment opportunity existed (Quagmire's death scene suggested he killed GC (Which was the compass death); that could be the reason). If the latter, she knew I wasn't lying and am probably pro-town.

My role was pretty specific that Harry Sutton was in a gang working for Moriarty, which puts a little doubt on Porro's idea.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:24 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'll happily follow DP's choice of bandwagon victim.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:04 pm

Post by Werebear »

Irene Norton, in the book, was the only woman in the whole entire world Sherlock respected. Her word was involate. She was smart enough to realize his trick was just that, to recognize him in his disguises, and to dress up in costume enough to follow Sherlock to his house without him knowing. She left him a note in the hiding space he made her reveal. All she wanted was to be left alone with her new husband. I would NOT think her evil at all, personally.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:59 pm

Post by massive »

That's cool, Werebear. You've read the stories and have a far superior grasp on the subject than I do. I'm finding out that I should have read more Sherlock Holmes when I was a kid. More than "Hound" and "The Red-Headed League", in any event.

MeMe said that (about Norinel not being in the Hound mafia) before we found out what Norinel's role was. In order for what you're suggesting to be true, Norinel, she must have either (a) been lying or (b) known you weren't Hound mafia because you were in HER mafia. She wouldn't have known your role already when she said it; I mean, they would have been looking for you at least up until Harry Sutton's death, and I'm sure Harry Sutton's PM didn't say "If you attack Norinel, he'll join your team."

(I could be wrong, though; this is just from re-reading some of the thread this morning, and I was going backwards from here. So if anyone has re-read the thread and can offer some insight, I'll gladly take it.)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:53 pm

Post by Talitha »

I tend to think it was just MeMe laying the groundwork for her inevitable roleclaim. She offered to roleclaim, so she must have had something planned.

And Norinel hinted that his role was related to the Moriarty mafia
before
MeMe came out with that info. Earlier all she said was that she could clear him
somewhat

There's also the possibility that she had a spy working for her too.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:19 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

The 10 day night has drained what little info I had built up on the game.

Can anybody fill me in on Korais666? Like Korais666 him/herself? Any role claimed?

For the moment, this player does not stand out for me, which raises my suspicions sa scum like to fly low.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:27 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

OK, no claim, non-committing posts, following bandwagons, me not like.

vote Korais666
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:38 pm

Post by d8P »

m'kay

Vote: Korais666
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:33 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

vote: korais666
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:11 am

Post by Werebear »

Please let Korias666 claim. We don't want to accidently lynch Sherlock or anything.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”