Mini 968 - Bastard Mass Effect (Game Over)

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:20 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

MMM wrote:Also, why is Limerickx's case misguided? And do you really think he is scum? The term 'misguided' implies he is town hunting town. As for a policy lynch, he stated earlier that he was generally against policy lynching, and for inactivity? You stated you would be V/LA, or at least one head, so any inactivity can be excused. I don't see anything in Limerickx's case about inactivity
I have a town read from Limerick at this point, hes active, scumhunting, thats why he is misguided, its town on town. Regarding the inactivity, thats why Limerick is the only one with a point against us. A few of the votes on the bandwagon were simply for inactivity (reck and bv if I'm correct), which was baseless. Limerick is misguided because of the way he interpreted the post.

Kerristar wrote:Is it both role and name claim or just one or the other?
Limerickx wrote:Implies "Yes, keep going for a massclaim, it will result in a) a massclaim, or b) people lynching you for starting the idea of having a massclaim,"
while almost insinuating that a massclaim IS going to be the outcome.
I don't see how the first implies the second. Its the conditions of our support. I would argue that this is stretching to a degree. The quote simply asks if its name or role claim or both, and depending on which happens we'll give our support. I really don't see how it implies that we are trying to get people to lynch him solely, as this would be hypocritical when we clearly were preparing to support it as well.

Ani's in this game??
Welcome to the Network.
Kerristar
Kerristar
Townie
Kerristar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:21 am

Post by Kerristar »

MMM wrote:Also, why is Limerickx's case misguided? And do you really think he is scum? The term 'misguided' implies he is town hunting town. As for a policy lynch, he stated earlier that he was generally against policy lynching, and for inactivity? You stated you would be V/LA, or at least one head, so any inactivity can be excused. I don't see anything in Limerickx's case about inactivity
I have a town read from Limerick at this point, hes active, scumhunting, thats why he is misguided, its town on town. Regarding the inactivity, thats why Limerick is the only one with a point against us. A few of the votes on the bandwagon were simply for inactivity (reck and bv if I'm correct), which was baseless. Limerick is misguided because of the way he interpreted the post.

Limerickx wrote:Implies "Yes, keep going for a massclaim, it will result in a) a massclaim, or b) people lynching you for starting the idea of having a massclaim,"
I don't see how the first implies the second. Its the conditions of our support. I would argue that this is stretching to a degree. The quote simply asks if its name or role claim or both, and depending on which happens we'll give our support. I really don't see how it implies that we are trying to get people to lynch him solely, as this would be hypocritical when we clearly were preparing to support it as well.

Ani's in this game??
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:30 am

Post by Parama »

Col.Cathart wrote:
Parama wrote:I can't explain my reasoning any more than I already have, guys. Stop asking for something I've already explained well.
Then I must be blind, because I still don't see it.
Because I can totally explain a gut feeling in a way that everyone agrees with.
Oh wait.
I gave my reason - it was a feeling that he had something to hide. I gave the line that made me feel that way. Nobody else seems to get the same feeling, but I can't deny that I have it. So, I've explained it as best as I can. Whether you choose to agree with me or not is up to you.

Now can we please lynch Doombunny?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Limerickx »

MMM:

I didn't think by 'misguided' he was implying that I was scummy, just incorrect in my line of thinking.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Limerickx »

Kerristar wrote:
Because due to the fact that he started trying to gain momentum on the proposal, he would be the focus of any resulting 'heat,' while passively agreeing, in the manner that your post read, would not. Also saying 'is it both role and name claim or just one or the other?' implies that some decision TO massclaim was made. No, not upfront, but in a backhanded manner. That is how I read it.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:38 am

Post by Limerickx »

Parama wrote: Because I can totally explain a gut feeling in a way that everyone agrees with.
Oh wait.
I gave my reason - it was a feeling that he had something to hide. I gave the line that made me feel that way. Nobody else seems to get the same feeling, but I can't deny that I have it. So, I've explained it as best as I can. Whether you choose to agree with me or not is up to you.

You want us to lynch doombunny.....based on a gut feeling you have......that you can't explain?
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:52 am

Post by Mysterious Mystery Man »

Kerristar wrote:The only person I see with a reasonable point against us is Limerickx, although misguided.
Implies Limerickx is town.
Kerristar wrote:I see scum hoping for a quick policy lynch on inactivity.
Implies Limerickx is scum.

@ Kerristar: WHY DO YOU SUPPORT A MASSCLAIM?
Also known as: cheater_1
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:19 am

@ Limerickx: How should Kerristar have phrased the question about the massclaim?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In Doombunny vs. Parama, I probably side with Doombunny. Parama is doing some serious reaching.
Kerristar wrote:Our support of the massclaim depended on what it consisted of.
Ok, so what massclaim did you support and what benefit would the town gain from that?
Col wrote:Why not Reck? What did he did so pro-town? He's not very vocal, he's not scumhunting much, and he's not even supporting your 'ROAR, Col is scum!' theory.
I don't think someone is town if they support my theories for what it's worth. At least not automatically. And I'm saying not Reck because right now he's playing to his town meta for the most part as far as I can see....which isn't exactly pro-town. Mind you, it's a fine line for him between town and scum, but I need more time to see if my initial read is correct and there are much better lynch choices today.

Unvote, Vote: Kerristar

I don't like Parama's stance on the doombunny thing, but Kerristar lynch is so much better.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Kerristar
Kerristar
Townie
Kerristar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Kerristar »

Limerickx wrote:Because due to the fact that he started trying to gain momentum on the proposal, he would be the focus of any resulting 'heat,' while passively agreeing, in the manner that your post read, would not. Also saying 'is it both role and name claim or just one or the other?' implies that some decision TO massclaim was made. No, not upfront, but in a backhanded manner. That is how I read it.
Makes sense.
Mysterious Mystery Man wrote:
Kerristar wrote:The only person I see with a reasonable point against us is Limerickx, although misguided.
Implies Limerickx is town.
Kerristar wrote:I see scum hoping for a quick policy lynch on inactivity.
Implies Reck and bv310
Limerickx
are scummish.
VP Baltar wrote:
Kerristar wrote:Our support of the massclaim depended on what it consisted of.
Ok, so what massclaim did you support and what benefit would the town gain from that?
We supported nameclaim in particular. Role stuffs. Kind of pointless now that everything was shot down and we'll probably have to claim. Thats why Limerickx is misguided. We wanted to see if the massclaim would contain a nameclaim, if not, it wasn't worth pursuing. So Limerickx was reading too much into that sentence.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 6:03 am

Unless I'm wrong, Kerristar is at L-2.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Limerickx »

MMM wrote:@ Limerickx: How should Kerristar have phrased the question about the massclaim?
The important aspect is the two sentences in conjunction.The first sentence, which I read as 'yeah, sure ok, massclaiming doesn't sound bad' turned into the second sentence, which I took as 'ok, now that its decided, lets get into the details of how its going down'.

If Kerristar REALLY wanted to have more info regarding the massclaim before agreeing/not agreeing, then why not say so? Why not something like 'I might be for it, depending on what sort of claim. Is it a........'and so on
Kerristar wrote:We supported nameclaim in particular. Role stuffs.
Why?
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 6:36 am

BTTB:

animorpherv1: Needs to POST!

bv310: Scummier by the minute. I can see why Col. Cathart doesn't like him. We'll never get anywhere with this inactivity.

Col.Cathart: I'm going to give him a pass for today, but I still think he's scummy. Although I agree with his read on bv310, I don't think it warrants a vote, not with all the other discussion. But, I can see how the massclaim suggestion could've been a mistake, and he's been scumhunting otherwise.

Doombunny9: I don't see how his statement about not going on about the massclaim is any more scummy than how the rest of us have kept pressure on Col. Cathart and Kerristar. I still would like to see more scumhunting from him though I have a town read.

Fate: I'm leaning toward scummy. He hasn't posted much of anything original, and bandwagoned.

Kerristar: I still don't see how a nameclaim is good for town. Take my avatar as an example, if I claimed Garrus, does that make me town or scum? Garrus was a good guy, but also a bit of a rogue. Same logic applies for all the roles. The only remotely useful bit of info is if someone claimed Jack, they'd likely be a SK. But, the mod could have thought of that, and made Jack a jester. To me, suggesting a nameclaim is an excuse to avoid scumhunting, of which you've done very little. I also don't like your half-attack on Limerickx, calling him scum and then retreating when called upon. Until you can give me a good reason otherwise, you're my preferred lynch candidate.

Limerickx: I read smart town, although I disagree with his tell on Kerristar, I can see his point.

lukepukeduke: Um... who?

Parama: Frankly, the attack on Doombunny9 doesn't look like scum to me. Newbie town, yes. Lyncher, yes. Jester, maybe. But probably not scum.

VP Baltar: Town, albeit aggressive.

xRECKONERx: Another lurker? Very scummy read here. Says he doesn't 'get' the C.C lynch, and votes Kerristar for disappearing in one post, then says he's against the massclaim in the next post and disappears himself.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Mysterious Mystery Man wrote:@ Col. Cathart: Why are you voting bv310 over animorpherv1, who has made even less content?
because ani posted NOTHING, so nothing scummy as well. Bv posted close to nothing, and what he did post was scummy. I'm fine with lynching both of them though.
Based only on your gut? Not a chance.

BTW, is a gut a read the strongest thing you can come up so far? No one else did something scummy outside from your feelings?
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 7:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kerristar wrote:We supported nameclaim in particular. Role stuffs. Kind of pointless now that everything was shot down and we'll probably have to claim. Thats why Limerickx is misguided. We wanted to see if the massclaim would contain a nameclaim, if not, it wasn't worth pursuing. So Limerickx was reading too much into that sentence.
This doesn't answer my question of why you thought this would be a benefit to the town...which is sort of the important part of all that. Also, Col. Cat's reasons for mass claim seemed to be more role based than name based, so I'm not sure why you were supportive.
MMM wrote:Parama: Frankly, the attack on Doombunny9 doesn't look like scum to me. Newbie town, yes. Lyncher, yes. Jester, maybe. But probably not scum.
Lyncher and Jester are scum roles if you want to get technical. Anyhow, why do you think Parama is a newbie? Do you consider yourself a newbie?

I want to hear from ani and Reckoner now.
YOUR AD HERE

Kerristar
Kerristar
Townie
Kerristar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Kerristar »

Limerickx wrote:If Kerristar REALLY wanted to have more info regarding the massclaim before agreeing/not agreeing, then why not say so? Why not something like 'I might be for it, depending on what sort of claim. Is it a........'and so on
That was the intention of the post.
MMM wrote:I still don't see how a nameclaim is good for town.
Namecopping. Locking scum into an early nameclaim would allow for looking for fakeclaims.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Limerickx »

Kerristar wrote:That was the intention of the post.
The fact that I didn't read it that way was what I found suspicious.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 8:24 am

I treat mafia and SK as scum. Lyncher and jester are different because it goes against the town's wincon to lynch them. I don't know if Parama is a newbie, but he seems to be acting like one.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:02 am

Kerristar wrote:Namecopping. Locking scum into an early nameclaim would allow for looking for fakeclaims.
How? This is likely the first thing the mod thought of when creating the roles. Add that to the fact that it's hard to tell which roles are pro-town and which are anti-town, and we have endless discussion that goes nowhere, and stops all scumhunting.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Kerristar - Do you still think nameclaim is a good idea?
YOUR AD HERE

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Not gonna lie, I think this game is going to be an uphill battle for me. Too. Much. Wall. Of. Text. You people need to learn to be more succinct. I'll try to get my thoughts in, though:

Kerristar's vote on Doombunny is fairly rational.
Unvote
. Yes, Doom's post does seem to be covering all bases, but if Doom is scum, I'd bet good money one of Col/Kerri/Parama is scum as well to cover all bussing bases.

I must've missed something Parama did to make him scummy - anyone wanna help me out here? Limerick's post 87 didn't convince me.

I kinda wanna vote for bv310, but I think it's better to let the night kills take care of him.

The Kerristar wagon is worrying me with how quickly it built up.

MMM is obvtown. VPB is murky.
green shirt thursdays
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:37 am

@ xRECKONERx: Why do you include Col. Cathart in your bussing list? He said he didn't understand Parama's case on him.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:45 am

Mod: ani, bv310, and lukepukeduke all should be modkilled, according to the rules. I don't like the idea of wiping out a quarter of the player list D1, so could we have some prods instead?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Parama »

They get modkilled after a full game day, not a full IRL day.

I'm not saying that I don't have other scum reads, but more that I trust my gut feeling on Doom and I'm going to follow through with it.

Lovin' 106 though, that's very tempting. Contradictions are a good way to find scum.

MMM, I'm not Newbie. People just don't tend to follow my logic half the time even when it's dead-on (which it tends to be).
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:57 am

@ Parama: What are your other scum reads? Do you have any more points in your case against Doombunny9 besides the 'other motive against massclaim' theory?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”