Newbie 953: GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Newbie 953: GAME OVER

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Today you were all distressed to find out that some mafia have moved into your poor little town! What are you going to do about it? The only thing you can do, lynch them!

Game status

Day four

Deadline

Wednesday, June 23 @ 5pm CST

Latest vote count

Sotty7 Post 419 wrote:
4th Vote count of day four

Adrien C: 1 (Yabbaguy)
Yabbaguy: 1 (Adrien C)

Not voting: 1 (Zachrulez)
Alive: 3

Adrien C
Lightsource

Zachrulez
SnowWhite
(SE)
yabbaguy (IC)

Dead: 6

Me=Weird (SE) was lynched on day one. He was a
townie.

AGar was killed on night one. He was a
cop

Midnight's Sorrow was lynched on day two. He was a
mafia goon.

jasonT1981
Mr. Wednesday
was killed on night two. He was a
townie.

FEMM the Attorney was lynched on day three. She was a
townie.

dan87
TOFO
was killed on night three. He was a
townie.

The Inexperience Challenged (IC) player is here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by the wiki article Being a good IC.
The Semi-experienced (SE) players have a level of experience somewhere between a newbie and an IC.
Last edited by Sotty7 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:24 am, edited 31 times in total.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Sotty7 »

General rules
  • This is a game. HAVE FUN!
  • Respect your fellow players at
    all times.
    If I feel attacks are getting too personal or out of hand I will replace/mod kill you as I see fit.
  • Do not quote any private mod/player communications. Do not pretend to quote private mod/player communications. Doing so will result in a modkill.
  • There is to be
    no
    communication outside this thread unless your PM states otherwise.
  • This is my color. Please don't use it.
Game play rules
  • Mod kills will end the day.
  • All votes must be in all
    bold
    to count and in the following format:
    Vote: Sotty
    . Unvotes are nice, but not required. I will not tolerate any kind of voting tricks. You have been warned.
  • A lynch will be reached when a majority of players (one-half of the living players plus one) vote for a specific player.
  • Once this point is reached, no amount of unvoting will stop the lynch.
  • Each day will have a deadline of three weeks. In extreme circumstances I will extend the deadline by a few days (no more than a week)
  • If a majority hasn't been reached by the deadline, then there will be a
    no lynch

• Each night will have a deadline of three days, the weekend counts as one day.
  • Once a lynch has been reached, all players, (including the lynched player) may continue to post until I can get on and lock the thread.
  • Once you're dead.. Well you're dead. No more posting, dead people can't type! They also can't talk to others still in the game and tell them any info they may or may not have. Simple “bah” posts are allowed, I will delete anything else.
The everything else rules
  • No invisible text, encrypted text, stupidly small text or hiding text inside [ color = black ] tags.
  • I will try and get a votecount up every page or every 24 hours. Feel free to request a vote count at any time.
  • Prods will go out if you haven't posted in 72 hours. If you don't pick up that prod in 48 hours I will look for a replacement.
  • If you think you won't be able to post in the thread for a couple of days then please post a notice letting everyone know just that.
  • Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
  • Bold all requests to the mod to make them easier for me not to miss.
  • I'm human, I make mistakes. Feel free to point out mistakes with small things such as the votecount in thread. If you have issues with the game on a bigger level then please PM me.
Useful Links
Last edited by Sotty7 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Sotty7 »

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
name
. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this quick topic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
  • You can find the game thread here
  • Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role. Thank you
Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
name
. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
  • Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia via this quick topic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
  • Please confirm you have read and understood this PM by sending me a PM back stating your role. Thank you

Town-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Set up is being generated and role PMs will be going out.

Please hold...

PMs are out. Once 7 out of 9 players confirm I will open the thread and the game will start. To be clear, this game is a reboot of Newbie 951 with the same player list apart from the two players that broke the rules.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 2:24 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Okay with enough conformations we are ready to start the game.

With
alive it takes
to lynch.

Deadline for the end of day one is May 28th at 8:30am CST
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 2:35 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Vote: TOFO
, because his name is making me hungry.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
SnowWhite
SnowWhite
Goon
SnowWhite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 5:34 am

Post by SnowWhite »

Vote: Me=Weird
, because scum are weird...
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 5:44 am

Post by FEMM the Attorney »

Vote: Me=Weird

Because you voted first.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 6:11 am

Post by AGar »

Woo! Questioning again.

@FEMM the Attorney - Who would you investigate if you were a cop?
@Mr. Wednesday - Who would you protect if you were a doctor?
@TOFO - Who would you kill if you were a vigilante?
@Midnight's Sorrow - Who would you kill if you were scum?
@Lightsource - Who is your scum buddy?
@Me=Weird - Are you a phenomenal liar?
@SnowWhite - Policy lynches - good or bad?
@yabbaguy - Lynch all Liars - good or bad?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 6:24 am

Post by AGar »

Also, again:
Sotty7 wrote:The Semi-experienced (SE) players have a level of experience somewhere between a newbie and an IC
or are qualified to be an IC twice-over but decided to fall off the face of the earth and thus must redeem themselves.
Bold mine.

In other words, I am qualified to be an IC, but because I was retarded, I'm redeeming myself for X amount of games, where X is a number to be determined by Vel Rahn-Koon, as an SE.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Sotty7 wrote:This is my color.
Please do use it
:( But....but....what if I don;t want to use it :cry:

anyways

vote: Mr. Wednesday

It's Friday you know ^^

@Agar: I think the better question to be asked is, why the silly question?
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 6:46 am

Post by AGar »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:@Agar: I think the better question to be asked is, why the silly question?
Why exactly is it a silly question? It's a hypothetical about who you would kill if you were scum.

Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 6:49 am

well if that's the case Probably an SE who asks somewhat redundant questions :P
W/L/O
TOFO
TOFO
Townie
TOFO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 6:59 am

Post by TOFO »

vote: M3=Weird
again, as I still don't trust self-proclaimed weird people, and now his hunger is making me even more uncomfortable. Why do I make you hungry?

Could this be an OMGUS vote? Possibly, but at this point early in the game, I don't give a damn.

And as for AGar's question, I would kill the person I would believe is the most scummy. Even if s/he was a townie, I'd still kill that person because s/he could easily be simply used by the mafia to distract the rest of us and to keep the heat off of them.

All my own opinion, of course.
I'm NOT tofu.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 9:30 am

Post by AGar »

Sweet.

@Midnight's Sorrow - why would you kill the SE who asks somewhat redundant questions? If you're scum, it makes no sense to kill the player who's questions, to you, apparently have no weight to them and do not shed light on anything. Why wouldn't you kill someone who is making positive progress on you (theoretically) as opposed to the person asking redundant questions that probably won't get anywhere with them.

@TOFO - What do you say to the idea that the person that you perceive to be most scummy is potentially a pro-town power role (Cop, Doctor, pro-town Roleblocker)? Is the reduced distraction during the day worth the potential gain of what the power role could provide?

FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:14 am

AGar wrote:Woo! Questioning again.

Whoever seems scummy.
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:well if that's the case Probably an SE who asks somewhat redundant questions :P
Sounds a bit scummy to state that.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:15 am

Because if I killed someone like that, I would effectively put suspicion on myself pretty much immediately, as opposed to offing someone who was asking redundant questions and wouldn't shed light light on anything?
W/L/O
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:19 am

Post by AGar »

FEMM the Attorney wrote:
AGar wrote:Woo! Questioning again.

Whoever seems scummy.
What about someone who is neither seemingly scummy or pro-town, a middle-of-the-road read on a player? Why someone scummy in particular?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:21 am

Post by AGar »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:Because if I killed someone like that, I would effectively put suspicion on myself pretty much immediately, as opposed to offing someone who was asking redundant questions and wouldn't shed light light on anything?
Fair enough.

So do you think it is an ideal tactic to analyze night-kills for their potential killers or do you subscribe to the fact that the practice is loaded with WIFOM and nearly impossible to do.

FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:24 am

@AGar - Well, I would want to confirm my suspicion before lynching if I could, in order to avoid lynching townies/power townies. So I would investigate the one I suspect first.
"Lolpats. It's like lolcats. But pattier." - My friend.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:32 am

Night kill analyzing isn't always filled with WIFOM if you analyze right. -shrugs- Nothing is impossible if you set your mind to it :P
W/L/O
TOFO
TOFO
Townie
TOFO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:57 am

Post by TOFO »

I would be disappointed that the power-role-holder in question would act really scummy that way. Do keep in mind that when I say acting scummy, I do not specifically mean how people keep on attacking said person to try and force anything out of him/her - I mean how that person acts scummy without provocation =\

If the discussion the next day helps the rest of the townies potentially discover who the mafiosos are, then I don't have any regrets.

Also, earlier, I meant to vote for
M
e
=Weird
- doesn't really matter, but I tend to get nitpicky with spelling/grammar.
I'm NOT tofu.
TOFO
TOFO
Townie
TOFO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:58 am

Post by TOFO »

EBWODP - didn't realize the italicized portion would be really hard to see..

I meant to say that I made a typo on Me=Weird's name (from M3).
I'm NOT tofu.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Me=Weird »

[quote="AGar"@Me=Weird - Are you a phenomenal liar? [/quote]
Sometimes if people can't see my face.
TOFO wrote:Why do I make you hungry?
Because I like tofu, and I don't care what your sig says. And it isn't OMGUS. I just don't like it when people make me hungry by saying things like tofu.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Me=Weird »

EBWOP: Messed up the quote tags.
AGar wrote:@Me=Weird - Are you a phenomenal liar?

Sometimes if people can't see my face.
TOFO wrote:Why do I make you hungry?
Because I like tofu, and I don't care what your sig says. And it isn't OMGUS. I just don't like it when people make me hungry by saying things like tofu.
This is what it should have looked like.
Show

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”