Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Fate »

Oh shit I didn't see. Parama lynch opportunity?

Can't pass that up.

Vote: ooba
(Paramascum)
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Plum »

Vote:SaintKerrigan

Not especially fond of your initial random vote having so much accompanying explanation. Oh wait.

Unvote
Vote: Plum

I forsee this being annoying and I blame it all on Tar for creating a role that does something this stupid in the first place.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Setup speculation time...how many scum do you think there are?
Have I mentioned how long it's been? It's always been too long. It depends on whether or not there are multiple scumteams. If one team, eh, I'd put it at six. Maybe maybe seven, but probably not. If two scumteams, perhaps four apeice (but with heavy immunities?) if they're symmetrical and who knows what if they're not, but probably no more than nine total Mafia in either case.

Elscouta is rather Town and quite clever. However, Fate: WHAAAAAT?

I'd worship the Egyptian Gods.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Fate, you should unvote and vote SaintKerrigan if you want to vote DarkStalker.

Also, yeah, failing to pick up on it by now shows you aren't reading the thread.
Unvote; Vote: dramonic
. (This is on Fate.) Preview edit: This was before his OMGUS, even.

Dunno what to do with the Worship mechanic. I'd say the Old Ones are a priori scummy, or at least 3rd party, based on flavor, but, from a mechanics perspectives, all the groups are probably mostly equally scummy in the short term.

As for Els's idea...on the one hand, it's like an RVS on the worship votes, except that it's not really one that necessarily has anything to do with scum-town alignment (unless the Old Gods are all scum or something, but then they'd probably just lie about who they want to worship, anyway). It might be useful long-term if there are incidentally lots of scum in one of the other 3 godsets, but I'm inclined to believe that it's probably not a productive exercise. Explain why I'm wrong if necessary.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

vote: Plum

there is a couple of people i already see rising on my scumdar but someone not helping at all and selfvoting is someone that needs to be removed asap.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Iecerint »

OOK, now you people are just baiting me. Are you guys scum feigning ignorance to look innocent, or are you just not reading the thread?
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Chronopie »

4 pages overnight, nice guys.

Vote: Dramonic
(Fate)

Considering that there had been several VCs before Fate's posting, not-reading-thread-is-a-scumtell vote. Also, why the scum claim?

--

Raj is next on the not-reading-etc list.

--

I think we should hold off until later in the day before casting worship votes, but if I had to vote now, it would either be Egyptian or Norse, they have the coolest mythologies.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Fate »

Also, yeah, failing to pick up on it by now shows you aren't reading the thread. Unvote; Vote: dramonic. (This is on Fate.) Preview edit: This was before his OMGUS, even
Ironic that you're not reading the thread. I clearly said "Lame mechanic is lame" and explained that we should be careful and not misvote. My random vote was random, so what does it matter who it falls on? Making a random vote and having it land on the right person (i.e. Darkstalker) would be awkward.

I THEN proceeded to correctly vote Parama, so... yeah.

Chrono's jump is worse though, and I'm ALWAYS down for a Chrono wagon.

Unvote
Vote: maho
(Chrono)
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by Iecerint »

You said "I'm looking at you ani." I thought that indicated that your DarkStalker vote was meant for, ye know, ani. (Not Niki, which is who you apparently intended.)

What's awkward about RVSing the "right person"? Isn't that sort of the goal of all votes?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Fate »

I meant looking at Ani, the Ani half of the Hydra.

You don't think this is awkward:

"RAAAAAAAGE NIKA YOU FOILED ME IN THAT OTHER GAME! VOTE: DARKSTALKER!"

Random votes are for fun. How are they fun if you don't even spell the name out?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Unvote: rajrhcpfreak.
Vote: Dramonic.
(Fate)

What's with all the OMGUS?

@ Plum: Serious vote for me or no?
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

crap i skimmed over those pages not understanding the vote count.

ignore me chastizing plum.
SaintKerrigan random voted then for some reason when he found out the mechanic he unvoted to revote for me. somthing feels weird, its no longer random its intentional. do you have a problem with random voting Iecerint?

ill keep my vote on Saint. he was second on my list anyways.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Fate »

I meant looking at Ani, the Ani half of the Hydra.

You don't think this is awkward:

"RAAAAAAAGE NIKA YOU FOILED ME IN THAT OTHER GAME! VOTE: DARKSTALKER!"

Random votes are for fun. How are they fun if you don't even spell the name out?

Doublepost: The point of random votes aren't to get someone lynched so what does it matter what the voting mechanics are at the time?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: My sentence before the one you quoted makes it clear that I thought you were intending to vote DS. :roll:
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Parama »

I'm still going to keep my vote regardless of how much Fate wants to lynch the unlynchable.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Uh. Your argument is that Niki did that intentionally because he already knew about the vote mechanic? O_o

That. Um. Hmm. Well, I would never do that as scum, at least. <_<
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:crap i skimmed over those pages not understanding the vote count.

ignore me chastizing plum.
SaintKerrigan random voted then for some reason when he found out the mechanic he unvoted to revote for me. somthing feels weird, its no longer random its intentional. do you have a problem with random voting Iecerint?

ill keep my vote on Saint. he was second on my list anyways.
I random voted you. I then realized that the vote count was screwy so I corrected my vote so it was on the person it was supposed to be on.

What's wrong with that?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Faraday »

Iec @ Post 66, do you consider Mina to be rolefishing? (I don't want to get into a what fishing is debate) but I'm asking if that's what you're trying to point out. Moreso do you find it scummy or just noteworthy?

Elscouta wrote:

But,
I don't think this game was designed so that we would worship random gods, meaning that there is probably a way for the town to choose the right gods. And i feel that enabling the worship abilities of the correct persons will be quite important.
Depends. I don't think it's unlikely that there'd be scum in each of the Gods, but I definitely think if there's some benefit to worshipping a certain branch then obviously we should do it.

If you had to worship one group, now, which one would it be? (don't explain why, just give one)
NORSE
I feel that it would be hard for scum to narrow power roles thanks to this, but it should give us some information, at least for later (especially when scums start to flip). Nobody should answer the question until some consensus have been made on this proposal, though.
I don't see any harm. i'd given the worship mechanics some thought and assume it won't come to down to 'lol so randum'.

FATE wrote:So uhhhh how are we going to go about this whole worship thing? Just let worships fall where they may and see what happens? Or is a setup guru going to come up with some sort of plan?
I don't think it's a bad thing to do it this way. I mean I guess there'll be people with a vested interest in certain God's being worshipped and maybe we'll be able to discern something about alignment later from that but at the moment it's pretty unclear.

l
Also, yeah, failing to pick up on it by now shows you aren't reading the thread. Unvote; Vote: dramonic. (This is on Fate.) Preview edit: This was before his OMGUS, even.
Why did you think he wasn't reading? I mean his 2) is pretty much showing he did read it.

Chronopie why is not paying attention a scumtell? I mean you just showed yourself you're not guilty of not paying attention, so surely you're going to profess you're town, and it shows town are as likely to be guilty of this?

Unvote Vote Raj
(Iec) . You feel off to me.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Fate »

I see nothing wrong with claiming Worship targets in case of something screwy coming up later.

I'd worship the Old Gods for teh lulz.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I want everyone to answer this:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Setup speculation time...how many scum do you think there are?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Unvote: Dramonic.
Vote: Beholder.

Just to see what happens.

Also, I'm fail to see the relevance (if any) of info gained from stating who we'd worship right this moment. Could someone in favor of that plan explain it to me?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:21 pm

Plum wrote:
Have I mentioned how long it's been? It's always been too long. It depends on whether or not there are multiple scumteams. If one team, eh, I'd put it at six. Maybe maybe seven, but probably not. If two scumteams, perhaps four apeice (but with heavy immunities?) if they're symmetrical and who knows what if they're not, but probably no more than nine total Mafia in either case.
This is not the type of answer I'm looking for. If you had to say how many scum there were, what would you guess it as? Assume there is only one group, plus SK(s).
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I want everyone to answer this:
Probably 7-9 scum, with 2-3 third party.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Fate »

One group plus SKs?

6 Scum+1 SK. Possibly 2 SLs.
Also, I'm fail to see the relevance (if any) of info gained from stating who we'd worship right this moment. Could someone in favor of that plan explain it to me?
Any reason not to? Let's say a majority of people say they will vote for Egypt. Then the next day Norse Gods have the majority.

We know:
1. People lied about their targets
2. People had a reason to lie about said targets
3. Worshiping a particular group has some win-condition related motive.

We would then know (townies who were truthing) to avoid voting for Norse Gods because of what happened.

You're reluctance to share with the town is noted.

ABR is town, btw.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Or assume there is more than one scumgroup. Just assume and give one answer. Not multiple answers. What is your guess, right now.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I considered Mina to be rolefishing. I think rolefishing is almost always scummy, and I have no reason to believe that this is an exception. I'm think her explanation after I pointed out the discrepancy is OK for now, though, so I left it alone after that.

But I should note that, upon reflection, it's a little weird that this sequence of events would happen:

1. Mina considers whether she should ask about the late addition's alignment.
2. Mina decides it's OK and asks.
3. Mina says she's worried about set-up speculation leading to role-fishing.

I think I would've expected townMina to lampshade (2) in (3). It's in the back of my head.

Re: Fate, from his post, it looks like he's intending to vote ani (=DS). So it looks like he's voting his suspect rather than the fellow 2 above the fellow. Hence, not understanding the rules in some way. I did notice his second point, but interpreted it as like cosmic dramatic irony or some unknown mechanic due to his vote for DS appearing serious.

The only point of the vote mechanic ability (as far as we know) is to create confusion about vote targets. Up to a point, it is reasonable to be confused, but after that point, your behavior is anti-town at best, either because:

1. You are not reading.
2. You have poor reading comprehension.
3. You are scum overestimating how long it reasonably takes town to figure shit out and are consequently overshooting.
4. You are scum trying to bring confusion.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”