rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #4075 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Kinetic wrote:Lastly, your role had a hell of a chance since ABR was bluffing out his ass. His census ability was a one-shot, he couldn't confirm new players joining as scum or town through it, and I put enough "entry" players as scum or town that just being an entry player shouldn't make you scummy.
IMHO town was lucky here and i was out played by ABR. i think i should give him props here.

in the end i was ready to take my role another day get another player for the mafia and to give our side a little longer to take out power roles. even if ABR had that ability. in the end he was better to convince the town that there was no need to wait that killing me now would be better than confirming me.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4076 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Thanks man. Nothing but mutual respect here.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #4077 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I'm glad I ended up hydraing. It was a fun experience, even if I did end up getting us lynched.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4078 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Kinetic »

In other news: The end of this game is likely going to be the beginning of a small hiatus for myself from playing or modding on mafiascum.net. I will still be around so feel free to either PM me or shoot me something over AIM, and anytime you can catch me in the Theme Park Moderator Queue thread that I'm currently at the helm of. Its a school hiatus as apparently law school takes a LOT of time... but I've already got an idea for the next game I'm going to run, and I may join a game as a player when the load gets a little lighter.

One Note: Although I personally LOVED the cult in this game (And wished it would have had a more fair chance) this game may have also convinced me that is another role that should not be used in the future. I'll put it in the pile with my slowly being driven insane townie (who apparently LOVES to out himself before he becomes a serial killer) as roles I won't use in the future. I do feel bad for what Tar went through and feel for him in that regard, but at the same time I'm conflicted by how he acted in that situation. I think the best bet going forward is just to leave it behind and not make a similar role in the future. Perhaps most any alignment changing role will be bad sport truth be told.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4079 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hey Raj why didn't you tell me and the rest of the scum you had a safe fake claim option? You were our only member to get ont i think.

Also the slip that existed in my post was caused by animorpherv Those lines ooba defined as a slip weren't part of the post and i guess animorpherv didn't realize that when he copied it out of our QT. Oh well shit happens and we were going down at that point anyway so i am not mad at ani for it. He shouldn't have done it and should learn that should he hydra with anyone again, but I will not dislike him for any of this game as I honestly had alot of fun hydraing with him.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4080 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

and I put enough "entry" players as scum or town that just being an entry player shouldn't make you scummy.
Honestly the people that joined day 1, orto and DTM, should have been in the game at game start. Them entering as they did garned surprised and suspicion and probably hurt cult chances as orto would not have first got suspected if he didn't join like that. Faraday could have saved his kill and inspect saving ability for later. Having people join later in the game from different factions at different times = ok. Have 2 join right at once on a day where town has only random stuff to talk about will enevetably lead everyone to talk about them. Kinda like claiming miller on day 1. Once it happens, everyone has got to comment.

Fix orto's join time and cult gets 33% chance at game start

Fix scum group predictability by unevening them and or the god groups and they get 33% too.

Town would likly get the 34% and that would be close enough.

Game awesome and well constructed and fun either way. I quite enjoyed things kinetic, thanks for the invite and letting me and ani hydra. Game was awesome and pretty well balance despite this math as i definatly felt like mafia still had a chance despite the mass claim. We did have alot of power I liked all the power my role had. I may have to use something simular in one of my games. This was fun and worth playing despite my always busy schedule. Mafia did fall into some swingish bad luck but the town had a good ammount of scum hunting by some people that made themselves heard
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #4081 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:56 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Beholder wrote:I've been thinking about it, and honestly, its probably better if you use your true role name in any fake claims. Go ahead, if you want, and develop a list of abilities and I can make a new "fakeclaim" for your character if you want it.
i was told this soon after i got my role. since i was told that i should use my real role name i thought that there was some kind of role cop in the game and that omitting that i was dr frankenstein would dig me in a hole if/when i claimed. why i didnt say sonic screwdriver scan? it sounded it made up already, i wouldnt have bought the claim if i was town.

also in the end a gravedig ability in a partial no real game, is very town, i had this discussion with roland earlier and he agreed. bringing in a player in the game also sounds like it would almost break the game in the mafias favor. thats why i thought that being completely honest about my role and confirming it would be more helpful.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4082 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ahh ok those are good reasons. And yes yours and rolands logic is likly fairly sound as i think ressurectors are a primarily town role

Side note I totally forgot Kinetic would give us safe/fake claims if we asked for them. I should face palm for that as it may have helped me and out of sheer curiousity as i should have asked just to see what i would have gotten.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4083 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Kinetic »

Actually.... I might have helped you with abilities, but Raj's was really the only role I felt MAYBE needed a fake claim. The set up was 4-4-4-4-4-3-2-1, with Raj being the 1. JCA-Egypt-Norse-Endless-Priest-Wizards-Knights-Doctor. And originally the "Wizards group" was always intended to be the cult's "refuge" and to help hide Faraday's role.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4084 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

yay i knew almost nothing about my character or sandman stories and should have remembered you could do that for us, as i'm sure you could have given me some townish lies for what my skills did. Oh well hindsight. Feel free to give an example if you want. This game simply had too much info to keep track of so i had to forget some things.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4085 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:18 pm

Post by Faraday »

I don't see any reason to sympathethic towards Tar for his actions. i think if it was some newer player you'd probably not feel the same way. Regardless of how 'bad' it was for him in game, there's so excuse for playing against your win con. I won't be playing with him again in the future, either.

I think I had a decenty chance, but 30%? Hmm Idk, all it would take was one stary bullet and I was fucked. Pretty happy I managed to help fuck the scum up though :P Not sure why albatross gave me the item but I made good use of it with some trollhelp.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4086 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

Finally...my first ever win! Probably the most accurate I've been with scumhunting thus far although I'm pretty embarrassed I protected the GF N1, though I think I made up for that with saving Parama N2. I was definately out of my element as far as keeping up with everything going on in the game, so in the end I was just glad to be on the same side as MO and ooba. Thanks kinetic for running a great game and giving me my first PR after an annoyingly long run of getting VTs (even though it didn't take me that long to give it away, if I've learnt anything in this game it's that I don't mind being VT).
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #4087 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Oh, this game finally ended. GG, town.

Sucked to be killed N1, but I was actually sorta glad because by accident I illegally discovered that DarkStalker was scum (due to confusion on Ani's part in a game where both of us were scum), so I was relieved to not have to deal with the issue of knowing who one of the mafia was but not being able to tell anyone (at least until I dug up some honest dirt on them, which I seem to recall was scant at the time). Also, CMAR didn't abuse the deathtalk mechanic enough to relay the opinions of dead players. :P
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4088 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Oh, this game finally ended. GG, town.

Sucked to be killed N1, but I was actually sorta glad because by accident I illegally discovered that DarkStalker was scum (due to confusion on Ani's part in a game where both of us were scum), so I was relieved to not have to deal with the issue of knowing who one of the mafia was but not being able to tell anyone (at least until I dug up some honest dirt on them, which I seem to recall was scant at the time). Also, CMAR didn't abuse the deathtalk mechanic enough to relay the opinions of dead players. :P
CMAR was bad and my computer melted down at literally the most inopportune time (and no replacement was available, yay for most undeserved win in my statistics ever), it was such an awesome role too...
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #4089 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Hmm, that was an interesting game. I suppose that town did get a bit lucky with a couple things but I think that the main reason that town managed to kill the string of scum that we did from night two on was that scum relied a bit too much on lurking as a strategy (or were forced to based on RL or whatever.) Certainly that was what put both InHimshallibe and rajrhcpfreak on my lists for potential Snow_Bunny redirects night two; I'd have to go back and see who the third was. That round of kills (up to the Dark Stalker death) was pretty good town play. The Katy kill redirect to Snow_Bunny was a bit of a lucky move on Faraday's part (looking back at the QT it seems that I suggested it because I didn't have a great use for it at the time and I think I wanted to get the Katy rolecop on someone I wasn't sure about) but once that happened it was pretty much over for the mafia.

The cult thing was interesting. I'm largely pleased with how I reacted to the information we had about it but that was largely due to Tarhalindur's play. Actually, it's not entirely clear to me how things would have worked out if Mina hadn't pushed the Fate and Faraday interactions until she got something but if Tarhalindur hadn't spoken up how he did I don't think that we would have taken as long to get through the Zombie-killing days before getting to Katy as we did and I'm not sure that that front would have come to fruition at all. I think that it also really hurt Faraday to have ortolan decide to throw his fit rather than play the game at the start; it meant that he had to use his ability early (and Katy getting a Zombie result night one would have been interesting) and put him in a hole that he did a fine job digging out of for most of the game.

It was frustrating to have both of Mighty Orbot's cop investigations die within a day of getting them. It was also frustrating not to be able to make better use of the talking to the dead feature that we had. I might feel worse about taking out both dramonic and chronopie who were potentially useful town tools if the reasons for killing them (lack of participation) hadn't been the same reasons that we managed to catch so many of the mafia.

My reads here were a mixed bag as always. Papa Zito and I decided early to go ahead and trust both Mina (for play purposes) and Faraday (because if we were going to share information with Mina then he was going to get it also) which turned out to be OK even if it did mean that the cult leader had access to (and was an integral part of) most of what we ended up doing. I think that it was worth the risk and I'm glad that I pushed as hard as I did for the mass claim. Creating a probably town network with access to more information about what was going on was certainly helpful for the town even if the results of what we were trying to do weren't always what we thought they were.

As far as the game itself goes, I think that I liked the item lottery dynamic the least. It felt like it slowed things down as it came up, it was somewhat arbitrary in terms of how the items got distributed (especially the first one where none of the guesses seemed especially close) and it rewarded knowledge which I fail to value (though that's an issue I don't particularly expect others to share.) Beyond that I've got slightly mixed opinions about how the priests focus was shifted as I'm not sure how easy that would have been to figure out (I'm not sure that any of them did) and it felt like it reduced their power relative to the rest of the game as a result. For a game as complicated as this one was I thought that the rest of it worked really pretty well. It was clear near the end that most of the players left didn't have a full picture of what was going on which was fine as I felt like I largely did and that people would listen. If either of those hadn't been the case I probably would have been more frustrated but that's a part of my personality.

Thanks for running the game Kinetic, it was good fun. Thanks for putting up with the Mighty Orbots hydra once more Papa Zito, as always you're both a pleasure to play with and a useful counterpoint to how I view the game. It was a pleasure playing with almost everyone else as well. I plan on taking a bit of a break from mafia for the next while but when I come back I look forward to playing with you all in the future.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #4090 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:16 am

Post by Fate »

GAME'S OVER TROLL YOU CAN STOP BEING OBVTOWN NOW

/irony
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”