wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:08 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Here were the role PMs:

Town (5) (AGM, Scott, Magna, Havingfitz, SaintKerrigan)
You are a local town member of Murrieta. You may not have any special abilities, but you are not going to let the death of your Mayor go unanswered! With your wit and your vote you will help destroy the mafia who dares try take over your town. You win when all threats to the town are gone.

Tracker (Hoopla)
You are the local hunter of the town, and as such you are an expert at Tracking. To help find the members of this dastardly mafia once per night you may send me the name of a player that you wish to Track, and you will follow that person if they go anywhere at night and you will see who they visit, but not what they do to said player. You win when all threats to the town are gone.

Cop (Unsight)
You are the towns local hero Cop, and now everyone is looking to you for answers. To help your town out, once per night you may send me the name of a player you wish to investigate, and you will be told if that player is innocent or guilty. You win when all threats to the town are gone.

Jailkeeper (ICEninja)
You are the towns local Jailkeeper. You haven't really had much of a reason to use one of the towns jail cells, so it is all sparkly and fresh smelling, time to change that. Once per night you may send me the name of a player you wish to throw in jail, and that player will not only be protected from any action against them at night, it will also prevent them from taking any action. You win when all threats to the town are gone.

ANTI-TOWN Roles

Mafia

Godfather (Espeonage)
You are the GodFather of the Mafia attempting to take over the town of Murrieta. The Mayor is only the beginning of your body count since these townsfolk have decided to fight back. The other members of your family are _______ (RB) and _____ (Goon). If you are investigated at night you will appear as innocent. Once per night you or either of your members may send me the name of a player you wish to have killed.
You and your members may communicate at night only Here (quicktopic will be made).
You win when the Mafia are the last ones standing or there is nothing able to prevent that.

Roleblocker (SAMP)
You are the Mafia's Roleblocker. Along with your Don ____ and ____ (Goon) you will attempt to take over the town, by force. Once per night you may send me the name of a player you wish to roleblock, there by stopping any actions they might have. Once per night you or either of your members may send me the name of a player you wish to have killed.
You and your members may communicate at night only Here (quicktopic will be made).
You win when the Mafia are the last ones standing or there is nothing able to prevent that.

Goon (Cruelty)
You are the Mafia's Goon, and the killer of the Mayor (you had way too much fun with that you sick bastard!). Along with your Don _____ and ____ (Roleblocker) you will take this town by force. Once per night you or either of your members may send me the name of a player you wish to have killed.

Serial Killer (Charter)
You are the town local Preacher, and this town has gone to hell. With all the sinners overrunning your precious town, acting as if everything is fine, it is no wonder that the Mafia has shown up. It is time to cleanse this town of all sinners, to make a new town, a town of good pure people. Once per night you may send me the name of a player that you wish to kill, or "purge of their sins" as you like to call it. You will show up as innocent to investigations, because after all, who would suspect a man of the Lord? You win when you are the last man standing.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:09 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Here are the Night Actions:

Night 1 Actions:
SAMP - Blocked AGM
ICEninja - Jailed Hoopla
Charter - Killed Havingfitz
Mafia - Never sent in a kill
JackALope2323 - Investigated Hoopla (couldn't due to jailing)
Hoopla - Tracked Scott (couldn't due to jailing)

Night 2 Actions:
ICEninja - Jailed Hoopla
Charter - Killed Cruelty
Cruelty - Killed Magna
Unsight - investigated Scott (Received innocent)
Hoopla - Tracked Cruelty (Couldn't due to jailing)

Night 3 Actions:
ICEninja - Jailed Charter
Charter - Killed ICEninja (couldn't due to jailing)
Unsight - Investigated AGM (Received innocent)
Hoopla - Tracked AGM (who did not go anywhere)

And here is a link to the Graveyard QT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/aD35q89JgiK7
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Unsight »

This game was awful for me.

SAMP was a mild scum read... flipped scum.
Cruelty was a town read... flipped scum.

Seeing that after my first post really took the wind out of my sails. Decided to question my reads at that point. Which ended up worse since I initially had a town read on Hoopla and changed it to a scum read based on that one post.

I'm glad the town was able to win "by the numbers" because I was totally off my game.
Games are meant to be fun.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:16 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Now then a few notes:

I really enjoyed modding this game, though I am sorry about the erratic modding toward the end, i had to replace out of a lot of my games because work got bad, but I was happy I kept up for you guys. I honestly thought it was going to be a scum victory after the SaintK lynch, but I can't blame him either, I did the same thing recently in a newbie game and even though town won that game, had i tried harder it wouldn't have come down to the wire.

I used a variation of the Jailkeeper role that looking back on it I should have probably put in the role pm. With my version if you were kept in jail, not only were you roleblocked, but you could have no actions against you done, hence why an investigation on Hoopla night 1 came back inconclusive. Maybe that is not how I should have done it though, so any thoughts on that would be great.

The mafia team unfortunately messed up as you can see night 1, I think the outcome of the game would have been much different had ICEninja been killed like I knew they wanted because of the talk in the QT (Which if they want to put up I will leave for them to do so), but because I had told them twice to give me a PM, and warned them I hadn't received one yet, I thought it fair I didn't just kill ICEninja, and I still stand by that judgement.

All in all the town played a great game, Magna stood out the most to me as a great town member, and hoopla was almost dead on the entire game so bravo to them both.

I think my decision to have the GF and the SK not be night kill immune could have really hurt me, and my sincere regret on that (even though neither were night killed) to both Charter and Esp, it could have gone badly.

Any thoughts or comments for me and my game/future modding would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for playing!

Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Unsight »

wolframnhart wrote:I used a variation of the Jailkeeper role that looking back on it I should have probably put in the role pm. With my version if you were kept in jail, not only were you roleblocked, but you could have no actions against you done, hence why an investigation on Hoopla night 1 came back inconclusive. Maybe that is not how I should have done it though, so any thoughts on that would be great.

<snip>

Any thoughts or comments for me and my game/future modding would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for playing!
It isn't a variation AFAIK.

Roleblocker - Roleblocks target.
Jailer - Roleblocks target and prevents all night actions on the target.

Normal activity in every game I've seen them in.

Also, I was really surprised that SAMP was lynched. Every other mod I've played with would have ended that night in a "No Lynch." Either the town gets a majority for a lynch or there's a "No Lynch." Seeing a mod run it with "Player with the most votes" instead of "majority" is bizarre. I should have read the rules but it's just not something I'd have expected different than every other game I've played.
Games are meant to be fun.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Hoopla »

wolframnhart wrote: All in all the town played a great game, Magna stood out the most to me as a great town member, and hoopla was almost dead on the entire game so bravo to them both.
LOL.

I thought Espeonage was town. Come on.

Thanks for modding wolfy, you were quite professional - the set-up was well balanced, although I'm not sure about the weird Jailkeeper variation. That makes it hard to pick from a town perspective, and waters down investigation roles a bit. I think overall, a lot of luck fell the way of the town - namely that crosskill on Night 2 thanks to charter, but also the preservation of power roles late in the game makes it quite simple to craft a network of actions to prove/disprove players.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:42 am

Post by charter »

I'm pretty bitter about this, since I feel the town caught zero scum and won just because the game was loaded with power roles that confirmed each other. All the townies unvoted and believed Espionage's claim. Kerrigan imploded doing who the hell knows what. Town was floundering around day two and barely managed a deadline lynch on SAMP. And I don't think anyone was suspicious of Cruelty. Mafia did even worse though, so...

Since I was just investigation immune, I thought "hey, better kill off the mafia quick and then coast to victory on the town points I earned" but that didn't pan out very well. Congrats town.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:48 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

So yeah, about Day 1...that was the result of mixing together sleep-deprivation, school-related stress, and frustration with a bad case on me. I apologize for what happened as a result. Makes me even gladder that town won the game, or I'd really be getting flak for it.

Anyways, good job town for recovering from the Day 1 stuff and lynching two scum and a serial killer straight. I knew Esp was scum since Day 2 (and I thought Hoopla would be more suspicious of Esp after what happened in Dirty Dirty South), but I was way off on SAMP. Oh well. At least I've learned never to post while sleepy and stressed again.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:57 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yay, a win.

I do have to admit that the cruelty SK shot and the lack of a N1 mafia kill were pretty lucky breaks. If those didn't happen, we would've been in a lot more trouble. I do think, however, that we did a good job with SAMP and Esp.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:29 am

Post by ICEninja »

Wolf wrote: I used a variation of the Jailkeeper role that looking back on it I should have probably put in the role pm.
This is exactly what I thought the jail keeper is supposed to be, and I found no hitches with my role PM or my role.
Wolf wrote: I think my decision to have the GF and the SK not be night kill immune could have really hurt me, and my sincere regret on that (even though neither were night killed) to both Charter and Esp, it could have gone badly.
The Godfather should not be night kill immune, but the SK really needs to be.
Wolf wrote: The mafia team unfortunately messed up as you can see night 1, I think the outcome of the game would have been much different had ICEninja been killed like I knew they wanted because of the talk in the QT (Which if they want to put up I will leave for them to do so), but because I had told them twice to give me a PM, and warned them I hadn't received one yet, I thought it fair I didn't just kill ICEninja, and I still stand by that judgement.
What happened with this? Had scum night killed me on night 1, town would have lost for sure.
charter wrote: I'm pretty bitter about this, since I feel the town caught zero scum and won just because the game was loaded with power roles that confirmed each other. All the townies unvoted and believed Espionage's claim. Kerrigan imploded doing who the hell knows what. Town was floundering around day two and barely managed a deadline lynch on SAMP. And I don't think anyone was suspicious of Cruelty. Mafia did even worse though, so...
Yeah, I definitely feel like this game was won due to power roles instead of scum hunting. I did not, however, at any point believe Espeonage's hider claim, and I made that very clear. I caught him on his horrible hammer right off the bat. SAMP was simply because so few other people (you especially) were actually scummy, besides Espeonage who hid behind his hider claim. As much vote throwing as I did on day 2, I did believe in that lynch at the end, and wasn't particularly surprised when he flipped scum. What DID surprise me was night 2. Your nailing of cruelty really saved us, because I don't think we'd have lynched cruelty.

I don't really feel like this was a clean win though, because I should have been dead night 1, which would have resulted in SAMP not getting lynched day 2, me not making a push for Espeonage day 2, charter not getting blocked night 3, and town probably losing. It's impossible to tell for sure, but this was a bit of a shallow win.

That being said, I had a load of fun. I really enjoyed going through every single possible situation and analyzing the best play to follow, especially considering how many unconfirmed town PRs we had.

The one thing that confused me is why no one questioned my claim what so ever. People felt that I was more confirmed town than Scott, and I knew that my claim was really convincing, but it seems like no one even considered the possibility I was scum. It ended up being a good thing, but honestly it surprised me somewhat.

Sorry Kerrigan, I came down on you like a train, and it was undeserving. I probably ruined the game for you. I hope you don't hold a grudge against me in future games.

Thanks for the modding, Wolf. You were a couple hours late opening day 3, and that is literally it. Everything else was great, and your flavor text was some of the best I've ever seen, probably only matched by Nikanor's fire and ice open setup that I played a while ago.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:07 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Yea Day 3 was opened a few hours late because I was at work at the time, and I got home asap to open the game for everyone :D

Basically on Night 1 the mafia wanted to kill you ICE, but no one sent me the PM saying to kill you. Since I had put it in their role pm's to do so, and stated it in the QT, and then again warning them that I had not received a kill pm yet, even though I knew who they wanted to have kill you I decided since my instructions were not followed I would not just kill you (which would have been cruelty killing you) because that seemed more unfair to me.

When I was looking up the roles if said that the GF could be night kill immune with a vig or serial killer in the game, but that was up to the mod. I decided I didn't really like the idea of someone being investigation immune AND night kill immune, so to balance it i made both the GF and SK investigation immune only. It was afterwards I saw how bad a decision that really was and my only saving grace was that charter never targeted ESP, and non of the mafia ever targeted charter.

I tried to balance the roles as best i could, i found it a little hard for first time modding, but I figured tracker was better then watcher to have, since tracker didnt know what was done to a person, just that someone visited another at night. The night 1 actions made me laugh a little though, the jail keep on Hoopla cancelled out most of the actions.

This game did show me a lot about modding and because of it I have some good ideas for my mini theme game (Glee Mafia) so hopefully I will see some of you in that one once i get it set up and reviewed.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:13 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

First off let me say congratulations to Wolframhart for a great game. Good writing and a well run in my opinion. I'll certainly sign up for another game from yours truly.

Secondly congratulations to Town. Overall I think Town as a whole played fairly well, and took advantage of all the breaks that came our way. I'd love to see the Mafia QT just to see what the fall-out from the Night 1 no-kill read like.

Charter - I'm sorry you feel the way you do but I don't think Town didn't deserve to win. Espeonage was pure 100% scum-hunting. And SAMP's lynch was still a lynch with 3 of 4 town players on it. So I don't think Town completely lucked out. I thought your game was good as a SK (since no-one outside the Mafia and yourself knew there was another faction until Day 3). You came off as very Pro-Town, which a SK should. I think killing Cruelty Night 2 instead of a Town player probably cost you a shot at the game. Why fitz Night 1?

Ice - You played a good game as a PR. I'm glad the Mafia failed to kill you Night 1. I think Espoenage was still going to be pushed Day 2 even if you had died. Your claim was so accepted because it's improbable to many degrees to expect multiple anti-Town block roles in a Mini format. I disagree that PR solely won the game as you, Jack / Unsight and Hoopla all effectively nullified each other Night 1. The claims made Day 3 on a breeze given how things turned out but Hoopla still was under heavy suspicion for defending Esp.

SaintK - As I expressed in the graveyard I so wished you had not gotten so worked up about the whole "hazy scumread" issue. I'm looking forward to seeing you in a game where you aren't sleep deprived.

Esp - Were you playing Obvscum to draw an investigation?

Cruelty - You did a good job keeping a profile active enough to keep off my lurker radar. Had you not gotten SKed you would have been down my scum list.

Hoopla - The way the Hider claims evolved both here and in Dirty Dirty South combined with your meta-defense of Esp made me much more suspicous of you than I otherwise would have been. I generally appreciate a game as methodical and logic driven as your is.

Mafia - Why switch from Ice to me Night 2?

Again, thanks to all town for notching another win for my Wiki page :D
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Yeah the game was won by process of elimination more than anything. I'll take the win however. Thx for modding wolf.

One thing that keeps coming up and I heartily disagree with, was Hoopla's defense of Esp. I have seen time and time again ridiculously anti-town, scummy players get off the hook because they are TOO scummy, or the notion that "there is no way they would act this way as scum, it's too obvious". If not for the SK meltdown D1, I still don't think we would have lynched Esp. The last few games I have played, there has been a seriously scummy player let off the hook due to this faulty reasoning. I think people expect the scum to play really really well and cover their tracks perfectly. This is not the case. I have just grown tired of that defense.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by charter »

wolframnhart wrote:It was afterwards I saw how bad a decision that really was and my only saving grace was that charter never targeted ESP, and non of the mafia ever targeted charter.
No, I think you got it right. Giving someone investigation immunity and kill immunity (when there's someone out there actively trying to kill them) is a ridiculous amount of power. Definitely too much for mafia, and I'd argue too much for a SK as well.
Magna wrote:I think killing Cruelty Night 2 instead of a Town player probably cost you a shot at the game.
Agreed. At the time I was just thinking I needed to eliminate mafia so I couldn't get NK'ed. I figured I could argue my way out of a lynch, but not out of a NK.
Magna wrote:Why fitz Night 1?
He was suspicious of me and I thought he might be scum.
Scott wrote:One thing that keeps coming up and I heartily disagree with, was Hoopla's defense of Esp. I have seen time and time again ridiculously anti-town, scummy players get off the hook because they are TOO scummy, or the notion that "there is no way they would act this way as scum, it's too obvious". If not for the SK meltdown D1, I still don't think we would have lynched Esp. The last few games I have played, there has been a seriously scummy player let off the hook due to this faulty reasoning. I think people expect the scum to play really really well and cover their tracks perfectly. This is not the case. I have just grown tired of that defense.
I totally agree. I also don't think someone claiming any role (other than one that can confirm them as town) should save someone from a lynch. Like here, unvoting Espionage was a terrible idea for the town. There were a lot of actual power roles that you very easily could have strung up and made claim.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Espeonage »

My strategy was to draw an investigation then start clearing my scumbuddies. Then when that didn't work the idea was that cruelty would have an easy bus if he played it right and could win out the game. The whole thing got shot to pieces when SAMP and cruelty both got killed unexpectedly.
Don't @ me.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by ICEninja »

I'd love to see the mafia QT
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I have no qualms with it being put up but the others have to agree as well.
Don't @ me.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Post by cruelty »

GOD that was so frustrating.

have never been scum before, i assumed the GF sent the kill in (and esp actually said he would if i didn't) so i didn't send anything in. urgh.

i thought i was sitting just far enough under the radar to ride through another day or two, so pretty disappointed with being nked (what'd i do to draw that btw?) and tracked all at once. ;/

hoopla one of these days i will best you.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Post by cruelty »

yeah don't care about the qt being posted.
the nexus of the crisis
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:03 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Just need SAMP to agree.
Don't @ me.
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Super Awesome Mega Zord!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:50 am

Post by Super Awesome Mega Zord! »

http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/iwjxC2tCPT8FB

Don't read it all in one sitting.
8-) You can call me Mad Cool Ballin' King! for short. 8-)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:34 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”