Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:41 am

Post by Vi »

Waitaminute.

ElectricBadger is the only winner of this game? VasudeVa autolossed himself to make E-Badger the Dark Horse? :?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I dunno...
Thats a good question...
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:58 am

Post by VasudeVa »

^Err, I don't think that's how it works with my wincon at my death. :o

On the game:

I really enjoyed this game even if it cost me some sleep when I was still alive. It was a real test of nerves to handle Vi, plus some risk taking with the fake-claim. That PRP BS wasn't planned though, EB made that up so that in case he survives, he wouldn't have had to claim actions.

But then I got to L-1, and then he and I decided that we should link each other like that and hope that town mislynches once or twice before they smell the BS of our claims xD.

Then our Dark Horse died. I volunteered to die because I thought that the Dark Horse lynch would lead to my excessive light prodding of our Dark Horse. (Also, the constant replacements really made my real breadcrumbs bs. Real breadcrumbs were 'I am left in the dark...').

On the DH death ability: We thought that Vi had infinite heals(Until the Less than 3 colors stuff). We had to target Seacore because we were afraid that he would catch our BS and investigate us anyway. We didn't think that Vi could self heal, so we targetted him. We were really banking on Vi healing me then though. Good bluff, good bluff.

I'm a bit amazed that you guys aimed for dram/Elli before even attempting to look into EB. Did he really pull off the 'OMG Bastard Mod' stuff, or what?

Also, Vi would be 3x funnier if he weren't aiming for my neck. You have no idea how much I panicked to your constant pressure >.>.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

That just means that Vi makes scum nervous. Nervous scum makes scumslips and scumslips make town wins. But we missed the very last part lol
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:35 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

farside22 wrote:Oh well I still thought Llama played terrible as town this game. :P
I feel day one was good, especially my ability to actually make correct guesses about almost my entire role, but after day one yeah, this was one of my worst town games.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:00 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Oh right, I also forgot to thank you guys(EB and Vi mostly) for teaching me the ropes. I was fresh out of my newbie games when I joined this one. I really learned a lot from this game. Made me go from D1 lynch to D1 wagon(Hey, it's an improvement...).
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Vi »

VasudeVa 1452 wrote:Also, Vi would be 3x funnier if he weren't aiming for my neck. You have no idea how much I panicked to your constant pressure >.>.
^.^ That's the point.
But panicking is a common theme for first scum games. The sooner you can learn to take it easy and relax under pressure, the better for you both ingame and IRL.
VV 1455 wrote:h right, I also forgot to thank you guys(EB and Vi mostly) for teaching me the ropes. I was fresh out of my newbie games when I joined this one. I really learned a lot from this game. Made me go from D1 lynch to D1 wagon(Hey, it's an improvement...).
Now that you're
dead
out of the game, I'm willing to help if you ask. And besides, your scumpartner ALSO got wagoned D1...

But I suggest you take a look at who Percy said won.~
Consider it payment for ReaperCharlie Twilight-posting.

VV 1452 wrote:I'm a bit amazed that you guys aimed for dram/Elli before even attempting to look into EB. Did he really pull off the 'OMG Bastard Mod' stuff, or what?
Had we conclusively known there was only one scum faction, EB would have been toasted.
I've seen people donate results to SKs; I
haven't
seen people donate results to Mafiosi.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

Vi wrote:^.^ That's the point.
To be fair, though, random and dogged pressure worked quite a bit on town as well. Actually, because panicked town was unwilling to adapt their claims and scum was, it worked much more effectively against town.

The amount of claiming and abandoned wagons also really hurt town. Without it we couldn't have picked off PRs so well, and there probably wouldn't have been a mass claim so my watcher claim could have been outed.

I don't think I would have done too much differently on the end of the Robo wagon as town, 'cause you'd have probably been better off going with the first townie lynch and following the clues the next day. I joined it for garbage reasons though, which surprisingly wasn't what people focused on :P My 'questions' about colors were also kinda surprising as evidence, as I've done the exact sort of thing as town before and generally speaking Vas and I felt we were pretty well informed about the colors thing.

I was WAY too twitchy and eager for a lynch though...comes of not having been scum in the last 18 months :|
Vi wrote:But I suggest you take a look at who Percy said won.~
Consider it payment for ReaperCharlie Twilight-posting.
Princeling WC was to win with DH, so I'd consider he won.

Since all the original DH's either dropped out or never posted, though, it'd be damned lame of them to claim the same.
Vi wrote:Had we conclusively known there was only one scum faction, EB would have been toasted.
I've seen people donate results to SKs; I
haven't
seen people donate results to Mafiosi.
Had you known that, there never would have been a kill breaking our claims and we would have walked through the game :)

I'm still really surprised that with an unprovable claim, a flipped scum partner and a bad voting record I survived...I put it down a bit to my own efforts at 'proving' there was an SK but mostly to town out-thinking themselves.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by Percy »

Design Notes

I was inspired to write this game by playing Rainbow Unicorn Attack!, that lovely flash game. What I wanted the game to have was helpful creatures and lots of colour. My main design goals were to be very experimental with the setup, including obscure roles and novel mechanics.

The first idea I had was the colour-stealing scum mechanic, combined with the poison kill idea. Not only would it mean that PRs (in particular the Stargazer) could still claim their results if they were targetted, they could also participate in the next day in a semi-confirmed state. I included the Jealous Princelings as colour cops to help the Dark Horse choose, which meant (I had hoped) that the Dark Horse may be put in the position of either killing good pro-town players, or to target those with desirable colour.

It also dissuaded Colour claims. I designed the game so that if anyone claimed their Colour (or lack thereof), it would hurt their ability to win the game.

After that, linking in as many abilities with the Rainbow was the obvious step. Almost everyone in the game was an "enabler" to the town PRs, and it meant that PRs would have almost no impact as the game wore on - though the Changeling could have had an impact. I wanted a poison doctor, some form of roleblocker and some form of cop.

That's when I went about making everything much more difficult for everyone. The Poison Doctor had to reveal their colours to use their power and was only one-shot, the roleblocker blocked all actions, the Trickster potentially foiled both the Stargazer and the Princelings, and the Princelings were unknown to the Dark Horse - this was especially dangerous, as if a Princeling was targetted by the Dark Horse on N1, it would give them townpoints they didn't really deserve, and they could subsequently be healed.

I included the failsafe for the Dark Horse in case a terrible player got the slot, and I wanted to give the Princelings a fighting chance in this case. Giving the Dark Horse governor powers was again along the same lines as his poison kill - if he suspected a Princeling was going to die, he could take the Colour or prevent the kill, either advancing his WC or his town cred respectively.

Finally, I wanted to include a Beloved Princess-type role that would be bad for
either
side to kill. Regular Beloved Princesses just hurt town, but if the Dark Horse hit the Beloved Princess, it would have made things slow down a *lot* - it would be two days before anyone died as a result of his ability.

I expected the Princelings to attack each other right out of the gate, trying to get the other lynched for town cred. That's why I called them "Jealous", you see...

Moderator Notes

Firstly, I was really very sad at the lack of activity in the Dark Horse slot. I wanted to see how someone with this role could act in game, and for there to be no content before a lurker lynch on such a lynchpin role (no pun intended :P) was extremely disappointing.

EB and VV were very concerned with identifying themselves to the Dark Horse and helping each other out, which I wasn't expecting. Claiming linked PRs was even more bizarre from my standpoint, given that the death of one would mean almost certain death for the other. Still, I was thoroughly impressed at EB's ability to turn the game around despite being caught in such a bald-faced lie. His "I exchanged PMs with Percy" post was particularly well-crafted.

I thought hp [leaves] and LlamaFluff both pulled the information out of their PMs which I wanted them to, which was great:
hp [leaves] wrote:My role PM implies that malfunctioning and then dying is the only kill method. And the only "kill" that succeeded last night had that kill method.
LlamaFluff wrote:1) There is at least one member of the scum who do not know who other scum are.
2) At least one member of the scum is actually searching for other members of the scum team.
*nod of approval*

Still, LlamaFluff claiming Colourless meant that he was removed from the Dark Horse's "to kill" list. ElectricBadger had to choose between Robocopter, Charlie, Vi and LlamaFluff on N4, with the latter two being ruled out for Colour reasons.

I think that Vi is correct in that I underestimated the value of Daytalk in this setup, and I think the Dark Horse failsafe backfired and made the game easier for scum than I wanted. I think I could have made this game clearer if I had said at the beginning that there was only one faction capable of NKs, rather than hinting at it in the Beloved Princess' PM.

In the end, I'm quite happy with how this game played out. I think there was some fantastic town scumhunting (Vi in particular - watching VV squirm under Vi-pressure D1 was a highlight of the game!), and some great scum manipulation. I would have changed a few things, I think, but overall I think it worked out very well.

Also,
VasudeVa is also a winner!!
, and I apologise for not making that clear.

Thank you again for playing everyone, I had a lot of fun, and I really appreciate the feedback.

(If you're interested in playing more of my games in the future, shoot me a PM and I'll add you to my list. When a game of mine comes up in a queue somewhere, I'll let you know :D.)
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

*Reads Trickster PM*

.........I don't get how he got that much info from that PM.

@Vi: Well, I'm open for criticism. Be mean about it. Make me regret saying that last sentence. *cowers*

I guess we underestimated the power of misinformation. Especially mod-made misinformation(2 malfuncions on D3). Rereading that part, everyone went OMG! SK.

@Percy: We bus D1 and if the DH NKs the survivor, it's...dismal to say the least. Made bussing low priority.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

VasudeVa wrote:*Reads Trickster PM*

.........I don't get how he got that much info from that PM.
Role wrote:Born without Colour, you have long revelled in the ability to trick others (both good Robot Unicorns and bad Robot Unicorns!) into thinking someone you're not.
Wasnt a huge stretch, "someone youre not" implies false results from a passive action, which is where miller came from. "bad robot unicorns" ment that somehow my role effected some result from mafia. The only most likely 'negative result' I could give scum I had as appearing scum to them as well. That would only be necessary if scum were searching for eachother, which is where that came from.

I just decided to claim miller then reveal not all scum knowing each other at the end of D1 instead of hoping to give them a false result. I figured chances of me damaging town from being investigated or not knowing the scum interaction.

Despite all outward appearances, im not a complete idiot.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:29 pm

Post by Charlie »

*claps at the setup*
Percy should be given an award for this. My only regret is that in knowing the setup, we can't have a rematch...

...to save the Digital Kingdom :P
Kindness
ReaperCharlie
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
ReaperCharlie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by ReaperCharlie »

I apologize for not bookmarking this topic, and causing a random lurker lynch due to not reading the end of the topic before the beginning. My fault.

I've had a lot of firsts in the last month or so. First time I hammered someone first post in a game. First time I joined a game only to be lynched before posting. I can't take any credit for a scum win, and I've already discussed with Percy, that even if I won, I wouldn't accept it, and that I won't count this game in my wins or losses total.

I loooooved this game flavor and would have looooooooved to play in it, which was mostly why I was so mad I was lynched before I posted. I felt soooooooo bad for mucking it up (for myself, the mod, and all the rest of you guys too). Ugh. I can't apologize enough for that.

That being said,...

...BAH! GO SCUM! :twisted:
Show
"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

Spoiler:
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Charlie »

I went ahead and nominated this game for Best Setup for Scummies 2010 in Mafia Discussion. If any of you enjoyed this game as much as I did (or more), you can support it there.
Kindness
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:55 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”