ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:17 am

Post by ooba »

SpyreX wrote:Yea, I'm pretty sure the front is just flavored links to the game.

What could links to the dead mean though cry?
The first line in this post shows that he understands that "Links to lynches" link to the lynch posts in the game.

Usually, setup\wording\mechanic discussion is initiated by some player who's role has something to do with the special wording or mechanics. Which is why the second sentence seems like a fishing attempt to me ..
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:31 am

Post by Slaine Hayes »

I still don't necessarily agree with your vote. He could be a doctor, but that is besides the point, I can kindof see where you are coming from.

As I'm sure you can see, there is quite a lot of pressure on you right now. Are you feeling pressured? How do you plan to convince the other players to move their votes off of you and onto someone else?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:37 am

Post by ooba »

Slaine Hayes wrote:As I'm sure you can see, there is quite a lot of pressure on you right now. Are you feeling pressured? How do you plan to convince the other players to move their votes off of you and onto someone else?
I think this pressure on me is due to
a) Bandwagoning to get some discussion started
b) And partly due to the fact that I had just made one post in the game and hadn't contributed

Now that I've responded - I think I've addressed part b ..

Not much pressure - I am wary of newb or supposedly "accident" hammering though ..
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:40 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

ooba wrote:
Slaine Hayes wrote:As I'm sure you can see, there is quite a lot of pressure on you right now. Are you feeling pressured? How do you plan to convince the other players to move their votes off of you and onto someone else?
I think this pressure on me is due to
b) And partly due to the fact that I had just made one post in the game and hadn't contributed

Not much pressure - I am wary of newb or supposedly "accident" hammering though ..
It is quite possible that the only way to answer for part A is to claim or to make a hell of a defense.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:40 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

ooba wrote: I think this pressure on me is due to

My question to you is this -

Is lack of significant contributions to the game unless pressured behavior we should expect on a regular basis?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:40 am

Post by Zang »

Can someone unvote ooba. I believe he is at L-1 which gives scum a chance to hammer. You started the bandwagon to start discussion and I believe that was accomplished.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:44 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

CryMe wrote: It is quite possible that the only way to answer for part A is to claim or to make a hell of a defense.
Again another post that makes no sense. What sort of defense can he mount other than 'I'm more active'? Because the wagon basically formed around his lack of activity.

Unvote, Vote: CryMeARiver

I didn't like how quickly you jumped on Yosarian for attempting to move out of the fluff stage and I'm not thrilled with what here reads like a soft role-fish attempt.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
JoshTheStampede
JoshTheStampede
Goon
JoshTheStampede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:57 am

Post by JoshTheStampede »

Zang wrote:Can someone unvote ooba. I believe he is at L-1 which gives scum a chance to hammer. You started the bandwagon to start discussion and I believe that was accomplished.
No one is going to hammer him now that it's been made clear that we'll all assume the hammer is scum.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:58 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
CryMe wrote: It is quite possible that the only way to answer for part A is to claim or to make a hell of a defense.
Again another post that makes no sense. What sort of defense can he mount other than 'I'm more active'? Because the wagon basically formed around his lack of activity.

Unvote, Vote: CryMeARiver

I didn't like how quickly you jumped on Yosarian for attempting to move out of the fluff stage and I'm not thrilled with what here reads like a soft role-fish attempt.
1. It does make sense. They formed the wagon for information, who they targeted with it does not matter. If the wagon breaks apart just because he posted, they are back in square one, therefore I do not think it will just disappear. I do not agree with a claim out of Ooba and I do think the wagon should just dissipate, but try convincing the wagon of that.
2. I did not jump on Yosarian. I completely agreed that we should get the game moving forward. I just chose a different target with my attempted wagon.
3. I am not rolefishing and I highly disagree with a claim, I was just stating that it might come down to one.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:59 am

Post by ooba »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Is lack of significant contributions to the game unless pressured behavior we should expect on a regular basis?
Nah .. Just had to move from one town to another .. Got everything set up and have a relatively free two months - so this wont repeat itself ..
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:02 am

Post by Zang »

JoshTheStampede wrote:
Zang wrote:Can someone unvote ooba. I believe he is at L-1 which gives scum a chance to hammer. You started the bandwagon to start discussion and I believe that was accomplished.
No one is going to hammer him now that it's been made clear that we'll all assume the hammer is scum.
Shouldn't that have been obvious in the first place?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
JoshTheStampede
JoshTheStampede
Goon
JoshTheStampede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:04 am

Zang wrote:
JoshTheStampede wrote:

Should have been, yes, but everyone declaring it outright took the chance of a overeager scum slip-up from "slim" to "none".
TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:45 am

Post by TheSkeward »

JoshTheStampede wrote:
Zang wrote:
JoshTheStampede wrote:

Should have been, yes, but everyone declaring it outright took the chance of a overeager scum slip-up from "slim" to "none".
If you believe that town won't hammer ooba, why are you voting him? Your stated vote is for pressure. If you believe that town won't hammer ooba, how is he under any pressure?

Not finding a town motivation here.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:51 am

Post by SpyreX »

I do not like both these posts .. Not sure how any setup discussion helps at this point - but the second post looks like an obvious fishing attempt to me..

You're right. 100%.

It was fishing. To see if there was something there that didn't add up with what was given (like a scum-paranoia about mechanics).

I'm busted.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
JoshTheStampede
JoshTheStampede
Goon
JoshTheStampede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:55 am

TheSkeward wrote:
JoshTheStampede wrote:
Zang wrote:
JoshTheStampede wrote:

If you believe that town won't hammer ooba, why are you voting him? Your stated vote is for pressure. If you believe that town won't hammer ooba, how is he under any pressure?

When he was at L-1 and before everyone talked about the hammer stuff, he was under pressure. Now, you're right, he isn't. My vote doesn't really need to be on him anymore.

However, I don't generally unvote unless I am moving my vote somewhere else, though, or unless I think that having it there is detrimental somehow. So until someone else pings my scumdar I'll leave my vote where it is.
TheSkeward
TheSkeward
Goon
TheSkeward
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:49 am

Post by TheSkeward »

JoshTheStampede wrote:
TheSkeward wrote:
JoshTheStampede wrote:
Zang wrote:
JoshTheStampede wrote:

When he was at L-1 and before everyone talked about the hammer stuff, he was under pressure. Now, you're right, he isn't. My vote doesn't really need to be on him anymore.

However, I don't generally unvote unless I am moving my vote somewhere else, though, or unless I think that having it there is detrimental somehow. So until someone else pings my scumdar I'll leave my vote where it is.
So you're fine leaving him at l-1 even believing that those who would hammer are scum, and you're not scumhunting at all, just waiting for something to ping your scumdar.

Unvote: Vote: JoshTheStampede

HEY EVERYONE: this is a much better wagon than ooba.
JoshTheStampede
JoshTheStampede
Goon
JoshTheStampede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:55 am

TheSkeward wrote:
So you're fine leaving him at l-1 even believing that those who would hammer are scum, and you're not scumhunting at all, just waiting for something to ping your scumdar.

Unvote: Vote: JoshTheStampede

HEY EVERYONE: this is a much better wagon than ooba.
Who says I'm not scumhunting? We're barely out of RVS, I'm reading what's here, which isn't much.

And yes, I'm totally fine leaving him at L-1 (except he isn't anymore, he's at L-2) and using him as bait to catch scum hammerers. I'm not sure why you aren't, really.

Now that I look, though, SpyreX just admitted rolefishing so

Unvote
vote SpyreX
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:57 am

Post by Zang »

JoshTheStampede wrote:
TheSkeward wrote:
JoshTheStampede wrote:
Zang wrote:
JoshTheStampede wrote:

why not unvote? it's as simple as this

Unvote
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
JoshTheStampede
JoshTheStampede
Goon
JoshTheStampede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:02 am

Zang wrote:
JoshTheStampede wrote:
TheSkeward wrote:
JoshTheStampede wrote:
Zang wrote:
JoshTheStampede wrote:

why not unvote? it's as simple as this

Unvote
I know how to unvote. But votes create pressure, and not using that pressure is a waste of the only game mechanic the town can use to their advantage. People often speak and post very differently when there are a few votes on them than they do when they feel they are not under close scrutiny. I like to have my vote on someone whenever possible.

I unvote if someone is in legit danger of being turbolynched unfairly (which I don't think Ooba was actually in danger of), or in similar situations where having no vote out is actually a better idea, but in general I tend to have an active vote whenever possible.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:33 am

Post by cruelty »

CryMeARiver wrote: It is quite possible that
the only way to answer for part A is to claim
or to make a hell of a defense.

Eh?
the nexus of the crisis
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Unvote

Vote:CryMeARiver

Not getting a good vibe from him here.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Slaine Hayes »

Unvote

Vote:SpyreX

Why were you fishing?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Darox »

JoshTheStampede wrote:Now that I look, though, SpyreX just admitted rolefishing so

Unvote
vote SpyreX
Why is what SpyreX did scummy?
Slaine Hayes wrote:
Unvote

Vote:SpyreX

Why were you fishing?
Same to you.
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Slaine Hayes »

Maybe it's not, but I'd still like an explanation.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh this game is gonna be a hoot.

Yes, I asked cry specifically why they would ask about that
because it was such a strange thing to ask about.

Since, follow me here, someone wondering what/if that does something special could have been the lead to a huge slip. As it sits, I liked the answer - it felt genuine without trying to avoid it.

That said:

Josh is tech.

"Ohh hay I'm gonna play tiddlywinks with this wagon"
"OHH LOOK A DISTRACTION"

Unvote, Vote: JoshTheStampede

(Hint: Nowhere did I say anything about any role related questioning. It was far more basic in the "would there be something there that SCUM would question")
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”