Newbie 933 ~ Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:13 am

Post by AClockworkMelon »

theguide730 wrote:Whether it exists or not is besides the point. I asked what you thought of the people going after them, and their arguments. Not whether or not it was a big deal
You asked me for my thoughts on the "Weird hate." There isn't any "Weird hate," and if that doesn't satisfy you, there's little else I can say.
Semi OMGUS? I'm so tempted to vote for you right now.
If you're innocent, voting for me won't be in your benefit.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:16 am

I don't think I've said anything suspicious. But you so quickly changed your vote away from the "Weird hate" and onto me. If Me=Weird is innocent and I am not, you would think I would have encouraged suspicion of him. But if we're both guilty then it wouldn't matter for which of us you voted. Very curious indeed.

VOTE: theguide730
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:18 am

Post by theguide730 »

Stop trying to avoid the question. If it really bugs you that much, how about this phrasing:

Do you find Robo or me suspicious for the way we attacked Weird?
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:22 am

Post by theguide730 »

Yep, true OMGUS. What a surprise.

And that's beside the point. You didn't defend OR accuse Weird. Thats why I'm suspicious.

I'm not letting people get away with not committing.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:22 am

theguide730 wrote:Stop trying to avoid the question. If it really bugs you that much, how about this phrasing:

Do you find Robo or me suspicious for the way we attacked Weird?
I'm not trying to avoid the question. I already said that I didn't find ANYTHING that ANY of you have done suspicious. That would, presumably, include your "attacks" on Me=Weird.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:24 am

AClockworkMelon wrote:I don't think I've said anything suspicious. But you so quickly changed your vote away from the "Weird hate" and onto me. If Me=Weird is innocent and I am not, you would think I would have encouraged suspicion of him. But if we're both guilty then it wouldn't matter for which of us you voted. Very curious indeed.

VOTE: theguide730
theguide730 wrote:Yep, true OMGUS. What a surprise.

And that's beside the point. You didn't defend OR accuse Weird. Thats why I'm suspicious.

I'm not letting people get away with not committing.
I find my logic solid. Your defining it as "true OMGUS" is only more damning.
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:25 am

Post by theguide730 »

AClockworkMelon wrote: If you're innocent, voting for me won't be in your benefit.
Oh? For what reasons, pray tell? Because you're town?

Get a better defense. We all have an equal chance of being scum, and from what I see, you're the scummiest of all of us.

Yeah, I said it.
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:27 am

Post by theguide730 »

AClockworkMelon wrote:
I find you all suspicious
You're contradicting yourself.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:41 am

theguide730 wrote:
AClockworkMelon wrote:
I find you all suspicious
You're contradicting yourself.
How about the full quote:
AClockworkMelon wrote: ~
Lights a wooden tobacco pipe.
~

I find you all suspicious, but none of you more so than the others.

Vote: No Lynch
I find you all suspicious because you each have a 2 out of 9 chance of being guilty. But none of you have
acted
suspiciously. Except for you, of course, for the already provided reasoning:
AClockworkMelon wrote:I don't think I've said anything suspicious. But you so quickly changed your vote away from the "Weird hate" and onto me. If Me=Weird is innocent and I am not, you would think I would have encouraged suspicion of him. But if we're both guilty then it wouldn't matter for which of us you voted. Very curious indeed.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:57 am

Your digging up false contradictions and accusing me of OMGUS after I give quite sound reasoning for voting for you confirms to me that you're either scum or unreasoning in your approach. Yes, I think I'll keep my vote on you for now.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Me=Weird »

@ Robo: I am not "buddying up" to guide, I am not buddying up to anyone, what I said to guide was, despite what you may think, a response to:
Also, do you find anyone else susp. atm, besides Neto? if so, why?
@ guide: Well, look at it this way, if you were scum, (which you very well might be) wouldn't you try your best to make someone else seem scummy, like Robo is either trying to do to me or is in fact a Townie and genuinely thinks I am scum

@ Melon: I agree that everyone looks suspicious, but not that all are equally so. For example, I have no read on, say, bob, 'cause he has only posted once, and that was a completely inconclusive post. Whereas, say, IMO, guide, Neto and you even, are suspicious. I find you suspicious because you voted no lynch, which, when Day One, only ever benefits scum, therefore,
FoS: AClockworkMelon
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:03 am

Post by theguide730 »

AClockworkMelon wrote: I'm not trying to avoid the question. I already said that I didn't find ANYTHING that ANY of you have done suspicious. That would, presumably, include your "attacks" on Me=Weird.
AClockworkMelon wrote: ~Lights a wooden tobacco pipe.~

I find you all suspicious, but none of you more so than the others.

Vote: No Lynch
Looking at these posts again, I can see what you were trying to say. You meant that although no one has given any scum tells, you feel as if no one has given any town vibes either, making everyone equally suspicious. Sorry about that, I misinterpreted.

Is that true? That you don't think anyone has given off townie vibes? I'd like to hear your answer to this, because I don't want to put words in your mouth.
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:10 am

Post by theguide730 »

So, you're using a hypothetical example of what you would do as scum to make yourself seem like a townie? You know, if you were scum, you wouldn't tell us what you would do, meaning that this logic is invalid.

The second part, I don't get what you're trying to prove. So what if it makes no difference if you're both scum... that's what I was leaning towards anyways (granted, Weird is still a gut feeling).

But yeah, this ain't sound logic.

Thus, OMGUS.
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:15 am

Post by theguide730 »

@Melon

That is precisely what I thought when I played my first game. Going by that logic, I attacked the people who would end up winning the game for town in the end, and let scum slip under my radar.

Going aggressively against people generates responses. It makes it more likely for the scum to slip up, if they have someone going at them every single page.

@everyone else

From the way Melon's responded to my inquiries, I'd be totally comfortable with lynching him today. Does anyone else share my sentiments? Does anyone agree with Melon, that my attacks paint me as scum? Is there anyone else, besides us that sticks out in this game? Last but not least, is there anyone that you think is probably town atm?
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Me=Weird »

So, you're saying that not only do you think you've found scum, but you think you've found scum partners on page
three
, Day
One
, which is next to impossible? Please explain how you came to the conclusion that Melon and me are scum partners.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Also, I would like some more evidence, but if I had to choose now, I would be comfortable with lynching guide today with how he's been acting so scummy.
Show

theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:29 am

Post by theguide730 »

@ Weird
Its actually happened before. In the first game I played in, actually. Guy got 'em 5 pages in, but let other people arouse his suspicions.

Also, I just have a gut feeling on you. Hence, why I'm not voting for you; my evidence is laughable at this point.

Also, notice how I make sure to ask everyone's opinion on the situation? I even ask people if they have any other scum cases that they might like to see. That post was pretty much a summation of my feelings about Melon; now that we have that established, we can talk about other stuff, and get the bigger picture. Seriously, we've been at it for two pages now; going at it any more will just waste time, and I'm pretty sure that melon won't say anything to change my suspicions.
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:30 am

Post by theguide730 »

Weird, how is pressuring someone scummy? Especially a person that no one suspects except me.
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:31 am

Post by theguide730 »

theguide730 wrote: 3) In my last game, I was way too cautious, not really understanding the way the early game works. I mistook pressure bandwagons as scum quicklynches, and directed my suspicion against some of the most proactive townies. Now that I've learned from that, you can expect me to be a lot more aggressive. In the early game, I'll be fishing for possible scumtells, and once I decide someone's suspicious, you can expect me to pressure until I'm reasonably certain that you're in the clear.
As you can see, I even said how I was going to play from the get-go.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:32 am

Post by Beefster »

I'm a bit late guys, sorry. Family was holding me back. It's spring break and all... Anyway...

theguide730 has a point. It seems reasonable to lynch Melon with the way he's reacting. He's being awfully defensive.

Also, the No Lynch vote is somewhat suspicious- A rather lazy way to approach not lynching the other mafia member. But at the same time, it's the first morning and it's a reasonable approach, seeing as few had shown their face. However, already several people posted before his no lynch vote, which makes it, once again, suspicious.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:33 am

Post by theguide730 »

Lawl, I make up nearly half the posts in this thread.
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:34 am

Post by theguide730 »

Beef, care to answer the questions I asked a few posts up?
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:34 am

Post by theguide730 »

Post 63, to be precise.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Okay, I what I posted was a bit strong, I might be wrong, the person who can't admit he's wrong is the person who isn't that smart. I have to agree that Melon is a bit scummy, especially with his no lynch vote, but I still have to think about whether I want to lynch him.
HoS: AClockworkMelon

@Beefster: Welcome to the game.
Show

theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:46 am

Post by theguide730 »

Oh, I can admit that I'm wrong. Melon hasn't given me a reason to do so.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”