Mini 944- Town Suav├® - TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK!!!!! (over)

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

ConfidAnon wrote:WHOA

Sorry for not posting in here, I replaced into another game and forgot about this one. :-x

I'll post in thsi one regularly, just forgot about it. Expect a catch-up post tonight.
Eh, too tired. Don't worry though, this won't be a pattern, I'll get back in this thing for sure tomorrow night.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Nik wrote:You realize that this makes 50% assuming a normal distribution of the range you've given, right?

I'm saddened by the lack of promised catch-up posts by Confid.
Coheed is active lurking.
Locke is being his usual flaky self, unfortunately. Confused
30% for distribution? I'm about a 10%er myself when I give figures like that. So, its pretty damn confident.
dramonic wrote:You prefer I keep posting fluff?
Ask a question, get an answer. Build an offense, receive a defense. If I didn't answer the points brought up against me it'd be remarkably anti-town. therefore, I don't believe responding to you is scummy.
No. Its not 20 questions. Its mafia. My interaction shouldn't be a shield from doing other things. So, do them.

Responding to me isn't scummy. Being in the position where you get called out for doing nothing was the scummy part.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:56 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Alright . . . this isn't gonna be a very meaty post, but I don't like how duckduckscum's replacement immediately attacks dramonic, who, if I remember correctly, already had some suspicion on.

Seems like scum replacing in and going after the easy target to try and dig themselves out of a hole. No need to change my vote here.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:32 am

Post by muzzz »

@Dramonic: my definition of a case is "any set of statements that makes me want to lynch someone".

All you've done so far is respond to attacks. Which doesn't really help anyone but yourself. And that's about as anti-town as it gets, I think. I'm having trouble thinking of a reason
not
to lynch you, at the moment.

@DTM: as a minor nitpick, I expect people to draw their own conclusions, which needn't be the same as mine. But other than that, you're right, I do expect people to think a little about what I say.

And I think I get your point. From my point of view, most of what I said after the vote was just multiple rephrasings of the same old arguments. But from your point of view, you'd have to consider the possibility that I was making that stuff up after the fact. Still, while you might think that my playstyle doesn't work well, experience tells me that the alternative is worse. So I'm not going to change just yet.

I don't usually admit this about people voting for me, but I actually like what I'm seeing from you. Your last couple of posts gave me the impression that you're making quite some effort to understand the reasoning behind what I've said. And you're actually looking for new scumtells, instead of simply droning on about the meta.

I'm a bit ambivalent about the current situation. On one hand there's the fact that people with anti-town attitudes should be lynched sooner rather than later. On the other hand, there's the fact that Spy will be significantly harder to lynch if he survives today.

If it comes to choosing between the two, lynching Dramonic seems like a slightly more prudent option. But for now, I'm going to hope very hard that Dramonic will see the light, and change his ways.
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:38 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Not feeling so bad about muzzz now. I still don't like the way he brought up that meta on Duck but I think we've thrashed it out to an extent where I feel his reasons for doing so are more likely to be town.

Parama's buddying disturbs me. It's one thing having town reads, it's another saying 'I love you DTM!'

Parama: is this normal? Do you usually express your town reads like this? What about my content do you like?

Spyrex: what's looking good about Parama?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:22 am

Post by Parama »

Locke Lamora wrote:Parama: is this normal? Do you usually express your town reads like this? What about my content do you like?
Normal for me = not doing what everyone else is doing and exclusively attacking the player I think is most likely scum. I didn't really intend to give town reads but with the way I did my player-by-player analysis it was inevitable.
I'm not buddying anybody. Hell, SpyreX could be scum. But, muzzz IS scum :D
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:24 am

Post by Parama »

Oh you mean with DTM. I just think he's town and is doing a good job of it. Sometimes you need a solid town read to counteract a solid scum read.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:24 am

Post by Nikanor »

Spy wrote:30% for distribution? I'm about a 10%er myself when I give figures like that. So, its pretty damn confident.
You gave a confidence interval of 80-20%. >_> For it to be that large, I would assume ~99.9% confidence anyway.
muzzz wrote:If it comes to choosing between the two, lynching Dramonic seems like a slightly more prudent option. But for now, I'm going to hope very hard that Dramonic will see the light, and change his ways.
Why are hoping he changes his ways? It feels like you know dram's alignment when you say this.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:25 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Parama: you didn't answer my third question. You implied that something about the content I posted made you think I was pro-town; is that correct?

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:40 am

Post by Parama »

I never said that I found your content to be pro-town. I just said that there's worthwhile content there, and other lurker-esque players in this game aren't posting any worthwhile content.
So I guess it's townish by comparison but I don't think anything strikes me as extremely town in your posting yet. Though there's nothing terribly scummy either.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:55 am

Post by SpyreX »

Locke wrote:Spyrex: what's looking good about Parama?
The list of player views. There's one specifically that makes me think he's town (or scum WITH muzz but I'm not sold on that). I'll go into detail if need be but.
Nik wrote: You gave a confidence interval of 80-20%. >_> For it to be that large, I would assume ~99.9% confidence anyway.
I meant 80/20 town/scum. Woooo
muzz wrote:I'm a bit ambivalent about the current situation. On one hand there's the fact that people with anti-town attitudes should be lynched sooner rather than later.
On the other hand, there's the fact that Spy will be significantly harder to lynch if he survives today.
Well that's a good thing since I am a POWERFUL WIZARD and town and all but... what?
Confid wrote:Alright . . . this isn't gonna be a very meaty post, but I don't like how duckduckscum's replacement immediately attacks dramonic, who, if I remember correctly, already had some suspicion on.

Seems like scum replacing in and going after the easy target to try and dig themselves out of a hole. No need to change my vote here.
Show it. Show this bevy of votes and suspicion.

The only thing that REALLY makes me nervous about this is I have a hard, hard time seeing Con-scum do this if Dramonic is scum.

Ohhhh decisions
Show

Proud member of BaM
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Nikanor
Nikanor wrote:Facepalm != calling someone scummy. When I think someone is scummy for something, I call them scummy for it.
Using meta on page four isn't inherently scummy play. I thought this was obvious, but maybe this is the communication problem we seem to be having. Using meta on page four is bad play, but it is not scummy. That's why I'm not calling muzzz scummy for using a meta argument.
Hm? It certainly looked like you were calling Duck out on his meta argument. Every time I reread page 4 its:

Duck: Ken isn't playing like this game, he R scummyz.
Muzz: Meta arguuuuumento!
Nikanor: Duck = facepalm. Vote Duck.

You never gave out your reasoning then, so
there is a communication error on your part good sir
. Recall my point about Muzz

There is a transition from vote -> posts posts posts -> main point in your argument.

The posts in between give time for people to delay, change their ideas, create back doors in their arguments when new situations arise.

Tl:dr your vote seriously looks like the meta argument put the final straw in that camel's back and drove you to vote for the duck.

Also remember the number one rule in statistics. Co relation doesn't mean causation.

@Parama
I'm implying you like engaging in activities that stimulate my ego. Aka: What LL said before me: You're heavily buddying me. I dislike this.

@Dramonic
Dram wrote:Well, considering I forgot about the Hider claim, I didnt take for a premise that Nik was town.
I just thought of a bastardly role: A scum hider. Hehehehe. Of course the townies would have lots, and lots of night kill potential or that game would be very bastardly.

@ConfidAnon
Oi, wait what: Your catchup post is: Duckduck/SpySpy is scumz still and is picking on the weak DramDram as a diversion. Look over there there is a distraction! And a Scummy Anon.

@SpySpy
I invoke the law of DGB: Obviously someone is in need of Town Cred! Does that help your thoughts?

@Muzz
Aww, I like your first bit about me. "blushes"

But you waffle too much in the latter half. It's a self confession that sounds like: Oh shit! Spy is messing up my reads.
my plan to kill the duck
. There shouldn't be an issue on who you want to attack/press/vote if you find someone scummy.

So let me ask you these two things:

Who are these "anti-town people"? Why are you commenting on Spy's toughness to lynch?

I find the latter to be really bad considering: if you find something scummy there shouldn't be an issue about it. Spy was lynched before. He was scumz before. He got caught before. I saw it. So did Nikanor. :o
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by dramonic »

DTMaster wrote:I just thought of a bastardly role: A scum hider. Hehehehe. Of course the townies would have lots, and lots of night kill potential or that game would be very bastardly.
Dark Goma (large theme) had one of those.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by SpyreX »

@SpySpy
I invoke the law of DGB: Obviously someone is in need of Town Cred! Does that help your thoughts?
While I
stalk
worship
strive to emulate some of the majesty that is DGB that one is missing me. Care to explain more?

Yo Dram:

Lets put down the swords for a moment. What do you think about Anon's catchup snipe?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Hi, me checking in. After almost two days internetless, I've had to catch up on reality/business stuff (read: money) and I've run out of time and steam this evening, so more tomorrow.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:58 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Spyrex, 235 wrote:Show it. Show this bevy of votes and suspicion.
:oops: My memory has failed me. For some reason I thought there already was. Meh, I'll do a closer read through tonight (admittedly I've lost interest in the game, I just need to have time to sit down and read it like I should).
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:26 am

Post by dramonic »

SpyreX wrote:
@SpySpy
While I
stalk
worship
strive to emulate some of the majesty that is DGB that one is missing me. Care to explain more?

Yo Dram:

Lets put down the swords for a moment. What do you think about Anon's catchup snipe?
Bunch o' baloney
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:24 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Parama: I was under that impression because you stated it as though it was a point in my favour against the fact that I'd been defending Duck. In short, then, your read of me is based on:
1. I've had more content than some lurkers.
2. I defended Duck (which you don't like).

Am I therefore right in saying that I'm higher up your town scale than other players who haven't actively done anything scummy but also haven't posted much content?

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Parama »

Hmm, I wasn't even thinking about that at the time, but coming from that perspective I'd say yes.
The real question - is this relevant to scumhunting? It seems like you're getting hung up on a detail that has nothing to do with any scum reads :/
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Yes, it's relevant. I'm judging how well-reasoned your reads are and how genuinely interested in alignment you are. Going by your read on me, I'm saying not very to both.

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Parama »

Well that write-up I did a page or two back didn't take that long. And honestly I'm less concerned about finding town reads than I am finding scum reads. And the scum reads are the ones I'm pursuing.
Getting hung up on a null-town read makes no sense.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

No, I agree. I'm just wondering why it was a null-town read if you found my defending (and apparently buddying) Duck scummy.

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Parama »

Because everybody does scummy things and one small thing doesn't automatically make a person scum.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

I feel warm feelings about Locke and Parama from this exchange.

I may, MAY, even be wrong about Dram.

I'd love the half of the game playing tiddlywinks to chime in though.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Nobody Special »

After my absence, I should do a QuickRundown over all of youse guys. So, without further ado (numbers are postcounts as of writing):

Coheed: 10

Not nearly enough to get a read on. Please do share more with us!

ConfidAnon: 24

Good level of participation; town vibe.

McZombie 2
dramonic: 15

dramonic has done little, if anything, to advance the game as yet. Trying to maintain the appearance of answering questions, while in reality just ...not, isn't a good indicator. Please, dram, do tell us your feelings on other players, rather than simply responding to questions.

DTMaster: 12 (including pretty pictures!)

Very town read -- this is how mafia should be played. I am usually abhor walls-o-text, but he makes them worthwhile.

duckduck69: 15
SpyreX: 11

duckduck started off well, not so well, shall we say. Yes, we shall say that. IMO, SpyreX hasn't done much better....yet. A question for Spyre, below.

Kenman 11
Error: 404 Replacement Not Found Yet: 0

I don't see much point analyzing a player-slot until there's actual, you know,
activity
there. So, we'll wait. But suffice to say Kenman's replacement will have a lot to live down.

Locke Lamora: 14

Not enough for me. Please post more. Good questions, though. I just want more. I'm difficult to please in that way.

MrSuave: 16 (and lots of edits)

Good activity level. Oh -- that's why. Never mind.

muzzz: 26

Lots of activity here; I see the words outlining the whole bandwagonOHNOES brouhaha but I just don't get it. I mean, it's a distraction at best; I hardly see it as OMIGODSCUMMkillkillkill.

Nachomamma8: 18

Wow -- you're a dude. I hadn't noticed. Anyway. Lots of posting, little actual content. More, please (see "difficult to satisfy" comment, above).

Nikanor: 27

Perhaps the busiest person in this game. Do you guys know my pet theory? No? Well, I'll tell you: scum tend to either lurk profusely OR post so damned much that eyeballs bleed. Guess what? I think Nik is making my eyeballs bleed. Lots of posts, lots of great content, but....still, that red flag is waay up for me.

Nobody Special: 15 (not counting this one)

I don't self-comment. It's like.. oh, never mind. But my vote also is warm and salty. (I'll stop now.)

Parama: 33

Another wall-o-text badguy. Except, this one is reddemed slightly because of actual (gasp!) content AND logic. I like this. (Have I told you the corollary to my Pet Theory? No? Well, here goes: I'm generally wrong about walls-o-text.)

A response:
DTMaster iso 7 wrote:@Nobody
Nobody wrote: Because I hate vote-hopping. I'd prefer if we targeted one player unto death.
Scumdar is ringing off the bells here. In a tunnel heavy environment, scum thrives because if said lynch went through: we'd be resetting our reads every day. My personal theory: Scum hates it when we get a collective list of reads, and votes, and do a VC analysis. Rereads nail them. Tunnel reduce the effectiveness of rereads.
You are absolutely right. And, while I actually said what I said, what I
meant
was: I dislike vote-hopping the way many poeple do it, prancing about willy-nilly from one flower to another pollinating with their vote as if it were Spring. Yes, sometimes new info comes to light and we have to re-evaluate. I wasn't clear; sorry for that.

Some questions:

@SpyreX: Generally, do you believe lynching all lurkers is a good idea? Why or why not?

@Parama: I just don't agree with the muzzzzz wagon (Is three votes a wagon?) Can you help me understand your reasoning?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”