Mini 944- Town Suav├® - TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK!!!!! (over)

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:50 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Nikanor
1. Awesomeness! The brokeness of that PR can be used to confirmed town/scum. I had hoped to see role again since Londontown. But as Muzz says, there is a possibility that we have a scum-RBer.

2. Yes, and no. It's too early to speculate about the number of nightkills via vig/sk/etc.

@Nacho
If one of Nikanor's investigations goes through, and there is nothing stopping him from hiding: then Nikanor is immune to the night kill. Scum would need to kill Nikanor's target or Nikanor would need to target scum.

Confirming town is just as useful as confirming scum. This is literally, better then a sane cop investigation

Also

Vote McZombie
once a flaker, always a flaker. Reads must be generated naos!
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:04 am

Post by muzzz »

@DTM: confirming town is indeed as useful as confirming scum. But claiming a town
investigation
is not quite as useful as claiming a scum investigation. It's generally easier (or at least, less controversial) to verify a claimed scum investigation than a claimed town investigation.

@Nik: the scum might also have a role that allows them to swap targets. Which would be especially annoying in this case because, unlike regular cops, you wouldn't be around to realize you got swapped.
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Kenman
Kenman
Goon
Kenman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:16 am

Post by Kenman »

Hider does sound really interesting. Nik, can you choose not to kill anyone if you do not want to? Because I would think that if you are not 100% sure you have a mafia member, we could lose two town members in one night! Potentially four members by the end of day two. That sounds pretty crazy to me. It could be a very beneficial role, but if you used somewhat carelessly, it sounds like you could be indirectly an accidental third scum partner.
Show
You are my new heropimp. After this game I DEMAND you put my recognition of your heropimp status in your sig.
- SerialClergyman

Town- 1-0
Mafia- 1-0
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Parama »

Kenman wrote:Hider does sound really interesting. Nik, can you choose not to kill anyone if you do not want to? Because I would think that if you are not 100% sure you have a mafia member, we could lose two town members in one night! Potentially four members by the end of day two. That sounds pretty crazy to me. It could be a very beneficial role, but if you used somewhat carelessly,
it sounds like you could be indirectly an accidental third scum partner.
Hider does not kill people, he hides behind people to not get shot, but dies if he hides behind the guy the maf shoot.
Also... bolded that last line, why are you assuming 2 maf from the start? Seems like a really odd thing to assume.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Kenman
Kenman
Goon
Kenman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:21 am

Post by Kenman »

OH NEVERMIND, I though targeting people is not the same as NK'ing them, my bad, ignore the last post HAHA. Your role definitely sounds awesome. And useful.
Show
You are my new heropimp. After this game I DEMAND you put my recognition of your heropimp status in your sig.
- SerialClergyman

Town- 1-0
Mafia- 1-0
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:44 am

Post by muzzz »

I refuse to ignore that post before you've answered Par's question.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

We should be able to use this to our advantage fairly well. Nik claiming now should make the scum WIFOM the hell out of NKs and we ought to get a confirmed townie or two or even catch a scum member.

Kenman: it would be nice if you explain that 2-scum assumption instead of just telling us to ignore it.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:03 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Parama wrote:
Kenman wrote:Hider does sound really interesting. Nik, can you choose not to kill anyone if you do not want to? Because I would think that if you are not 100% sure you have a mafia member, we could lose two town members in one night! Potentially four members by the end of day two. That sounds pretty crazy to me. It could be a very beneficial role, but if you used somewhat carelessly,
it sounds like you could be indirectly an accidental third scum partner.
Hider does not kill people, he hides behind people to not get shot, but dies if he hides behind the guy the maf shoot.
Also... bolded that last line, why are you assuming 2 maf from the start? Seems like a really odd thing to assume.
Unvote, Vote: Kenman
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:12 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Muzz
1. No, it makes scum do catch up play to said investigators. Too many confirmed towns = death for scum.

2. A busdriver? Where did you get that kind of idea from? I thought this was a closed setup.

@Kenman
1. No, you got it wrong, a hider is
a reverse doctor with cop powers
. Basically Nikanor hides with someone: this

a. makes Nikanor immune to kills
b. confirms his target

Why is it reverse? You would need to kill the target to kill both Nikanor and target.

2. Have you played outside the newbie thread?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Good morning everyone!!!

Oh... wow. There's stuff going on.

unvote

...as it was random. We've moved past that now.

@Kenman: Who's your scumpartner?
duckduck96
duckduck96
Goon
duckduck96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:28 am

Post by duckduck96 »

muzzz wrote:I refuse to ignore that post before you've answered Par's question.
Agreed. It seems like a scum slip to me.
Kenman wrote:Hider does sound really interesting. Nik, can you choose not to kill anyone if you do not want to? Because I would think that if you are not 100% sure you have a mafia member, we could lose two town members in one night! Potentially four members by the end of day two. That sounds pretty crazy to me. It could be a very beneficial role, but if you used somewhat carelessly, it sounds like you could be indirectly an accidental third scum partner.
This seems fake. forced to me... it sounds like you're faking excitement about his role, while I think you really aren't excited. If you are scum, you would know unlike the town if he is mafia, and fakeclaiming, or town and you might have a problem. I'm inclined to believe his claim, so this, combined with your "third scum" comment convinces me to
Unvote, Vote: Kenman
duckduck96
duckduck96
Goon
duckduck96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:30 am

Post by duckduck96 »

Well, excitement mixed with feigned worry, that is.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Parama »

Kenman trying to dodge the question outright is incredibly scummy, seeing as, like it's been said already, he potentially scumslipped. I'd be happy with a Kenman vote for now.
unvote, vote: Kenman

Nobody Special's reaction bothers me a little, considering the question asked x_x
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I think it was a natural question. I tend to not beat around the bush.

I'm very blunt, as you all will learn.
Kenman
Kenman
Goon
Kenman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Kenman »

Woah, Im not trying to dodge any question btw. I just was not at my computer all the time. Now that I am back for my routine check, it appears I have racked up a serious number of votes.

Here's my explanation: This is my second game, and when I read the first page it did not give a rule set. The only game I played before this one was a newbie game, and every senario there had two mafia, the roles could change, but the number of mafia was always the same. So I assumed that, that is the standard for mini games. From your reactions, I can infer that it is not always the case.

Can anyone help me fully understand the possibilites of this type of game? Any number of mafia less than half the population? What type of town role possibilites are there? And what type of mafia roles are there?
Show
- SerialClergyman

Town- 1-0
Mafia- 1-0
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Nobody Special »

At the top of the page, there is a link to the wiki. It has many useful articles on types of roles and common set-ups.
duckduck96
duckduck96
Goon
duckduck96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:46 am

Post by duckduck96 »

Kenman wrote:Can anyone help me fully understand the possibilites of this type of game? Any number of mafia less than half the population? What type of town role possibilites are there? And what type of mafia roles are there?
This causes me to question Ken's "2 mafia" thing even more... he claims cluelessness, however with the hider claim popping up it should be clear that this is not the same as a newbie game setup...
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

You know? Understanding the role helps; I understand your reasons for claiming now a bit better even though I certainly wouldn't have done it the same way.

I like DT's reaction to Kenman; I find it especially pro-town. A lot more protown than those of you who simply jumped on him (read: ConfidAnon, duckduck).

Ken, there are tons of possibilities for this game's roles: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Roles gives just a few of them.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Kenman
Kenman
Goon
Kenman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Kenman »

duckduck96 wrote:
Kenman wrote:Can anyone help me fully understand the possibilites of this type of game? Any number of mafia less than half the population? What type of town role possibilites are there? And what type of mafia roles are there?
This causes me to question Ken's "2 mafia" thing even more... he claims cluelessness, however with the hider claim popping up it should be clear that this is not the same as a newbie game setup...
Obviously I understood it was not the same as a newbie game, but I was not sure to what degree. I figured there could be a number of roles I was not sure of, but I didnt think there also could be a different number of mafia. I advise some of you to unvote me, as this should not be indicative of me being mafia. This is my second game I made a mistake. If people really think I am mafia, wait a bit and judge me from here on.
Show
- SerialClergyman

Town- 1-0
Mafia- 1-0
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:02 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Nachomamma8 wrote:You know? Understanding the role helps; I understand your reasons for claiming now a bit better even though I certainly wouldn't have done it the same way.

I like DT's reaction to Kenman; I find it especially pro-town. A lot more protown than those of you who simply jumped on him (read: ConfidAnon, duckduck).

Ken, there are tons of possibilities for this game's roles: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Roles gives just a few of them.
Why mention myself and duckduck, but not Parama?

Anyways,
Unvote
. He's not off-the-hook yet, but his reaction (+ the two quick pile-ons right after mine) don't make me want to keep my vote camped on him just yet.
duckduck96
duckduck96
Goon
duckduck96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:03 am

Post by duckduck96 »

Hmm...

Unvote

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now, if just because of your lack of experience. However, you still seem a bit phony to me, and I'll be watching you.

Hopefully McZombie will show up soon so we can get his input.[/b]
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:05 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Kenman wrote:
duckduck96 wrote:
Obviously I understood it was not the same as a newbie game, but I was not sure to what degree. I figured there could be a number of roles I was not sure of, but I didnt think there also could be a different number of mafia. I advise some of you to unvote me, as this should not be indicative of me being mafia. This is my second game I made a mistake. If people really think I am mafia, wait a bit and judge me from here on.
Ugh, but this sounds really bad.

You mentioning two mafia could mean that you are mafia. In this case you would already know the number of mafia present in the game. In my experience, three is the traditional standard for mafia in a mini normal.

I don't like how you are writing off things like this though.
duckduck96
duckduck96
Goon
duckduck96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:05 am

Post by duckduck96 »

ConfidAnon wrote: Why mention myself and duckduck, but not Parama?
Agreed. Parama's vote just seems like a bandwagon vote to me, without providing any input of his own. Shouldn't that make him just as suspicious in your eyes as us?
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:14 am

Post by muzzz »

Kenman wrote:Woah, Im not trying to dodge any question btw. I just was not at my computer all the time.
That accusation was about you saying "ignore that post" after Parama called you out. It has nothing to do with how long it took for you to respond (which was actually fine, by my standards).

Also, the first post of the mini normal queue has a link to the wikipage that explains what a normal game is.

I find Ken's explanation just as plausible as it being a scumslip. And I don't really see any evidence to decide between the too. I'll be keeping an eye on him, but I don't feel it warrants a vote just yet.

DTMaster wrote:1. No, it makes scum do catch up play to said investigators. Too many confirmed towns = death for scum.
Yeah, but they're not
confirmed
townies until we actually confirm Nik's claim.
DTMaster wrote:2. A busdriver? Where did you get that kind of idea from? I thought this was a closed setup.
It is a closed setup. Which is exactly why a scum busdriver is just as much a possibility as, for example, a scum roleblocker.

Unvote, vote: Confid

I just don't like how he and Duck unvote and point at Par as soon as Nacho calls them out.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

ConfidAnon wrote: Why mention myself and duckduck, but not Parama?
Parama questioned, let Ken answer, then voted when an answer didn't come. You two piggybacked off his reasoning.

Vote: duckduck96

The immediate vote after the Confid vote, then the immediate vote after the confid unvote is scummy to me.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”