Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:36 am

Post by Amished »

How the hell did you really believe Sotty's case? :(

/hangs head
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Zachrulez »

hohum wrote:Remember when you guys jumped all over me when I attempted to explain why Sotty wasn't clearable? Maybe (just maybe) the town as a whole could have been a little more forgiving of my absenteeism early on we might have outed her!

Anyways, good game. She had us all fooled.
The logic was sound. In a turn of irony, Sotty didn't realize the voting situation between you and Jahudo and her bus was actually an accident where she didn't fully comprehend the situation.

Sigh. She was otherwise scummy so that was most unfortunate.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Amished wrote:How the hell did you really believe Sotty's case? :(

/hangs head
Sotty does it again.

I is sad.

If it's any consolation, I was STARTING to lean town on you toward the end Amished.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Zachrulez »

xRECKONERx wrote:Seriously, Sotty played this to perfection. But to be honest, it
had
to be Sotty looking back at it. The hohum lynch was so bad, I'm pissed I participated in it.

By the way, sorry for being lazy this game. I got behind at the beginning, and just never felt like catching up and getting into the game. Awesome setup though. And mostly awesome town list. I wouldn't have lost my cool so much if DDD wasn't being a fucking asshole most of the game.

PS, I thought in that final three, Sotty was the obvious scum. The only person I would have truly believed was scum besides Sotty was Vi, and Sotty killed her during the night. I knew Amished was town, and a lot of my vehement hate for DDD was just laziness and not feeling like scumhunting combined with an effort to throw scum off to who I actually suspected to hopefully create a no-brainer lylo situation at the end. Alas.
I was about to rage if you guys actually pulled the trigger on a Vi lynch.

I raged pretty hard on the Ekim and Reckoner lynches too... :(
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by ortolan »

well done to Sotty, I was reading along the last few days and in quicktopic and I feel she played extremely well

I feel it's a bit unfair to say I imploded VP, you should try playing 4 games with Vi in all of which he tunnels on me horribly. He just happened to be right this time, and I was probably doing my faction a favour by replacing out when I'm just going to get autolynched because some player has a vendetta against me and tries to get me lynched every game.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Vi »

ortolan, I'll say this once.
I don't mind you. I treat you like I treat everyone else. (Or if you want to compare hohum, much better.) If you think I have a vendetta against you, I'm not interested in popping your delusion bubble, because judging from what everyone was saying after you left the game, the one who came out looking like a douche was you. If you don't want to play games with me, I'm fine with obliging you for your own sake.

Those quicklynches were unbelievably unreasonable, and I continue to be perplexed at why hohum/Amished made them (or at least Amished anyway).

With that said pretty much the last time I wasn't horrible in this game was when I started the ortolan wagon. I have no idea how or why I talked myself onto the xRx wagon. I apologize.

Sotty needs boxes under her name. I would like to give the "I can write a scum narrative on you and I know you're the most dangerous player in the game" spiel to someone for whom that statement actually applies. (In make that statement, DDD clearly showed he has no idea what my scum meta is in spite of seeing it about a month ago.)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I felt like I got stabbed through the heart when I found out Sotty was the last scum. (As opposed to getting stabbed through the heart in a game sense I guess...)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Vi »

Zachrulez 1181 wrote:I felt like I got stabbed through the heart when I found out Sotty was the last scum. (As opposed to getting stabbed through the heart in a game sense I guess...)
When I saw who the final three were I immediately thought "why do I keep asking people 'why should I think you're _____' instead of just voting them for it?".
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

ortolan wrote:I feel it's a bit unfair to say I imploded VP, you should try playing 4 games with Vi in all of which he tunnels on me horribly.
Well, as an objective observer I can comfortably say I disagree with you. Also, other games you're in have nothing to do with this game. I think you greatly overreacted to what began as a rather typical attack. Replacing out because you were pissed was definitely a factor in your slot getting lynched Day 1. I'm not being a jerk about it, but that was what I saw from my perspective. Ultimately, I hope you and Vi can move past it because I like you both and I think it would be a shame if you never played together again (though maybe that is necessary for the short term).
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I can't express how happy I am this game is over.

I don't think I have ever been so stressed playing mafia before. Literally from the off I was feeling the pressure, Reck had me nailed in the very opening and I thought that if he just focused in his attention on me a little more he would have been able to crack me. As the Ort/Cobalt lynch became unavoidable and I was upset because I had barely mentioned or done anything with that player slot. I knew I had to bus and make it look good, but I did wait as long as I could before I let it get to that, I
really
wanted to lynch Jack. :lol:

I can't speak for Jahudo, but Zach ending night right away made me crazy. I needed that night to stop and take a breath really bad. I was feeling the heat and yet suddenly it was right back into the fire. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't bus Jahudo no matter what happened... I guess I like to lie to myself as well in these games. :shock:

As awesome as I want you all to think I am, the truth is that the epic Jahudo bus was a pretty big mistake on my part, a complete accident. At the time I thought the two people not voting were myself and Jah, but it was actually me and hohum. So when Jah quoted part of my post and basically said "lets see who sotty finds more scummy out of me and hohum *wink, wink nudge nudge* I thought I could vote Jah and then watch him vote hohum. By the time I figured it out it was too late, I couldn't unvote Jah without outing both him and myself. His lynch was really, really painful to watch. I wanted to hide in my QT forever after it. I'm glad I pulled this one out, I was really worried over having Jah hate me forever after that :lol: (That and getting lynched the next day and looking like a grade A idiot.)

After that I spent a lot of time freaking out in my QT and trying to look as town as possible in the thread. The game just felt so long and that I would never see the end. I had convinced myself that Triple D was a SK after I tried to kill him and it not working. I basically just started to kill people that I knew I wouldn't be able to lynch. Apart from my attempt on Triple D on night two, that was simply because he thought I was scum :lol:

After this game I am never playing on MS with Zach again. Ever. I'm pretty sure his presence increased my stress levels 100% I got no real break from the game in my mind.

I'm also never going to bus my partner again... Honestly.

All the players in the game were really good and were more than capable of bringing my poor little world down at any moment. To have made it all the way to lylo and actually win, I'm feel pretty proud about it all honestly. I almost lost my mind completely once I saw VP put the game in night again after lynching Amished. Just ask Zach, I kept saying over and over "why is it night again dude? Why?" Needless to say, he got a little sick of it.

Thanks to VP for modding and putting up with insanity in the QT. Also thanks for the scummy nom, guess I should be retiring now eh? Also thanks to everyone and their kind words. I had fun in this game, but it's going to take me a little time to recover I think.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Vi »

Sotty7 wrote:I can't express how happy I am this game is over.

I don't think I have ever been so stressed playing mafia before.
:schadenfreude:

Don't worry about promises not to bus your partners. I always say that I don't want to bus at the
start
of games, and that's usually not what happens.
Sotty wrote:After this game I am never playing on MS with Zach again. Ever. I'm pretty sure his presence increased my stress levels 100% I got no real break from the game in my mind.

(...)

Also thanks for the scummy nom, guess I should be retiring now eh? Also thanks to everyone and their kind words. I had fun in this game, but it's going to take me a little time to recover I think.
Come to think of it, I can't imagine what it's like to have to play Mafia 24/7 with Zach around. I know my RL suffers when Mafia stresses me out, so etc.

It was a quality job. Be proud. And be like me and fear the next scum game where you'll have to do better.~
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Percy »

I'm pretty disappointed in my performance. Tunnelling on hohum was not the greatest move (though I maintain his play didn't do him any favours), and I found Sotty and Jahudo very difficult to read. I ended up pushing wagons on townies both days while the scum were being wagonned...

Well done, Sotty, that was excellent scum play. And thanks to VP for running a great game with a great theme and fantastic flavour :D
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 11:36 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Nice setup, VP, really liked the thinking about the roles and how the night actions would affect the game. Great scum play from Sotty too. Sorry for replacing out, thanks to Amished for replacing in and doing a good job - apologies if I made your job a lot harder, which I probably did!
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 4:04 am

Post by Jahudo »

The lack of a night 1 was really hard to deal with, compounded with getting votes at the start of the day and not having a plan of how I wanted to deal with it. Day 2 was the most frustrated I've been in a game.
Sotty7 wrote:I was really worried over having Jah hate me forever after that :lol: (That and getting lynched the next day and looking like a grade A idiot.)
Its okay, I was hoping you'd bus me at that point. I thought it could get you a couple of days, though I had felt we would need an SK to tip the balance back in our favor.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 10:38 pm

Post by ekiM »

Good game, all. Thanks to VP for modding. Good setup, good flavor.

First time I've been lynched as town. I guess I was never on target with my suspicions and was on the wrong side of both scum lynches, so that's that. Oh well.

Well done Sotty. Played a strong game all the way through. I wonder though, isn't bussing both of your partners a bit risky? If there was a tracker or a watcher or a cop out there...

xRx and hohum... please do replace out in future if you can't commit anything to a game for a whole month. It really damages the game and it's a bit selfish to do that for your own ends.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 2:56 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I took a leap of faith that because I could block and kill that there wouldn't be a tracker in the game. As for watcher or cop both were very possible, but I hoped that A) I was townie enough from the bus that I wouldn't get an early cop investigation and could spend the time looking for possible cops. And B) that I killed players that were some what unlikely to be watched. Expect for maybe Zach.

Basically it was a big time risk that really put me to the fire so to speak. It's not an experience I will be looking to repeat any time soon that's for sure.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:51 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”