Mini 934 - Troubles at Smiths&Catharts (Game Over!)

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Ythan »

To address a current point of discussion. I don't spam much at all. I just post a lot. Wasting space calling it spam is much spammier than what I typically do.
Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Inquisitor JL »

Thor665 wrote:
Ythan wrote:I'm torn between agreeing and wanting to say so and not wanting to make another post.
Ah, Ythan, either a very clever and sarcastic wit - or a wonderful punching bag of obtuseness. Take your pick.
Seems to me like he is just annoying but *shrug* - at least annoying people tend to provoke reactions.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:57 am

Post by Ythan »

Inquisitor JL wrote:at least annoying people tend to provoke reactions.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:04 am

Post by SFG »

Drugs are good for you kids...at least, over-the-counter drugs are good for you if you use them properly to medicate illness.

So now that I am only partially dead instead of mostly dead, I will go back and address questions.

Pom - obviously you remember my asking to replace into a game you ran, and then not being able to because I had been persuaded to play in this game. I've also read through a couple of games involving you (although I only skimmed your posts because I was trying to absorb someone else's meta) and if I recall correctly, I found something on the wiki about you being the younger sister of another player. :P

Also it looks like this Thor is, indeed, the same Thor as I remember. Hopefully I'll do a better job at the beginning of this game than I did at the beginning of last game xP Good to play with you again, though, you're a really solid player and I hope you aren't scum :P

Ythan, your reputation is as being concise, funny, and sardonic, and posting profusely. Thus far you have upheld it honorably >:D

Copper, as someone who tends to have relatively high activity myself (when I don't get distracted dying), I think it's rather the reverse from what you anticipate. A lack of activity causes me serious demotivation for posting in that thread, and since even on days that I scarcely have time to post, I generally find a way to read through new posts and give a short response to them every two hours or so...yeah, this "spam" you speak of will probably be a great help to me in keeping me interested in the game :P
I mean come on, even after I died, I got annoyed when people only posted every 12-24 hours because I'm a nutcase like that...SERIOUSLY guys why did you leave two lurkers in mylo? WHYYYYYYY????

Please check the rules, especially the point about no small or invisible text (miscellaneous rule #1) - Cathart

That said, Cyberbob is the only person who hasn't shown up yet so I'll just drop my vote off there for a bit~
unvote, vote Cyberbob

And thank you for your well wishes, everyone :) they make me feel better even when I'm still sick~
The textwaller of d00m
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Ythan »

I have no idea where I would get a reputation for concision.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Ythan wrote:
Inquisitor JL wrote:at least annoying people tend to provoke reactions.
Stop this. Quoting people and adding nothing -- literally
nothing
-- will not endear you to anyone. Somehow, though, I don't think you care.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Ythan »

This games going to be much less fun if you take every opportunity to make pointless posts like this.
TheCheshireCat
TheCheshireCat
Goon
TheCheshireCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:20 am

Post by TheCheshireCat »

Thor665 wrote:
TheCheshireCat wrote:Lol this is gonna be a long game :)
Personally I've got money on SFG/Ythan being the most interesting personality clash of the game.

What are your thoughts on a large number of posts and its effect on the town be it positive or negative?
Umm... I think ppl will just get annoyed by it, so instead of trying to find scum, they are just going to be complaining about how much Ythan posts. His posting just by itself i don't think will have a effect either way. It will be ppls reaction to his posting that will effect the game.
"As you can probably tell, I'm not all there myself..."
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Ythan »

This is my experience as well, though it hasn't been an issue often enough to come to a very clear understanding of the causes and effects.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:43 am

Post by ScramblesTheDeathDealer »

Col.Cathart wrote:
MOD REMINDER: Voting game moderator or anyone else outside of the game is counted as not voting.
Considering this was pretty much entirely directed at me, I know that :P

And Ythan, I don't mind if you post alot, but please, atleast include some content. And it has to be more than two sentences.
Ythan wrote:I find that it will be much less aggravating if a few players don't waste every other post talking about spam.
*facepalm*
Ythan wrote:This games going to be much less fun if you take every opportunity to make pointless posts like this.
*refacepalm*
You've achieved annoying me, congrats. And you're holding the game back, being as your destracting every townie here from scumhunting.
Vote: Ythan
MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDERMURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Ythan »

That old argument again. If you think my posting is somehow preventing other players from doing their job there isn't really anything I can do to right your perspective.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:46 am

Post by SFG »

o.o why is everyone so upset at Ythan? He posts about the same volume as the rest of us, he just does it in a line-by-line basis. Maybe its a bit early for this, but it feels to me like people are trying for an easy lynch on a nonscummy target because they've been psyched into being annoyed by him. o0
The textwaller of d00m
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Ythan »

Quiet, SFG, didn't you read Thor? Our personalities are supposed to be clashing.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:51 am

Post by SFG »

oh sorry about that...what I meant to say was uh uh uh...

vvvv this is me looking at Ythan vvvvv

The textwaller of d00m
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:57 am

SFG wrote:o.o why is everyone so upset at Ythan? He posts about the same volume as the rest of us, he just does it in a line-by-line basis. Maybe its a bit early for this, but it feels to me like people are trying for an easy lynch on a nonscummy target because they've been psyched into being annoyed by him. o0
Becuase everyone is focusing on him. No one else is even being talked to right now.

everyone being focused on something unrelated = distraction = no found scum, unless by accident = loss.
MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDERMURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Ythan »

Even in your own words it sounds like someone else's fault.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:01 am

Ythan wrote:Even in your own words it sounds like someone else's fault.
I've gotta hand it to you, you can make a great argument. It pisses me off, but congrats :D
And it IS our fault, spiked by your actions.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Sotty7 »

ScramblesTheDeathDealer Post 89 wrote:Becuase everyone is focusing on him. No one else is even being talked to right now.

everyone being focused on something unrelated = distraction = no found scum, unless by accident = loss.
So what would be the scum motivation in Ythan's play so far? Also you are adding to the cycle as you are only talking about Ythan. If you wanted to change that why not bring up something else?

For example, what do you think about SFG putting her vote on the only inactive player at this point?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Ythan »

Perfectly agreeable and I couldn't say it better myself. I do apologize in advance if this thread at some point goes in a totally unmanageable direction, as I can not and will not deny that I play a bigger part in reaction to my play than any one person who reacts to it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Nobody Special - you just unvoted RayFrost and didn't re-vote anyone. I can understand if you feel your RVS was answered in such a way as to remove whatever guilt you seriously or jokingly thought had been detected but...what do you see as your reason for removing your vote altogether? Is no one else looking suspicious to you in any way shape or form?

Ythan is a moutermouth.
SFG just voted a lurker
I am too handsome for my own good
and Scrambles just voted Ythan whislt claiming a slight mix of OMGUS and policy lynch

Nothing worth having a vote out there for you?

Oh, that reminds me;
Unvote: SFG
Vote: ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:38 am

Thor665 wrote:Ythan is a moutermouth.
SFG just voted a lurker
and Scrambles just voted Ythan whislt claiming a slight mix of OMGUS and policy lynch

Oh, that reminds me;
Claim?
OMGUS?
Ythan voted me?
When did I claim?
I never said "hey I'm town."
I said it prevents town from finding scum, resulting in a loss.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Thor665 wrote:@Nobody Special - you just unvoted RayFrost and didn't re-vote anyone. I can understand if you feel your RVS was answered in such a way as to remove whatever guilt you seriously or jokingly thought had been detected but...what do you see as your reason for removing your vote altogether? Is no one else looking suspicious to you in any way shape or form?

Ythan is a moutermouth.
SFG just voted a lurker

Oh, that reminds me;
TBH, I'm waiting for the Ythan furor to die down and for someone to start looking scummy. And I won't vote for someone who has neither confirmed nor posted.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 am

Post by SFG »

I frequently start off RVS by voting people who haven't spoken yet. Chances are that until either every player has made at least five posts, or the people who haven't are in the process of being replaced, I will continue voting for the people who aren't posting enough :P

Although scrambles is currently acting kinda like his brain's been scrambled. Most scumhunting I could do at this stage would consist of trying to collect together a handful of straw to build a house with anyways.
The textwaller of d00m
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

I added numbers for clarity.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:
Claim?
OMGUS?
Ythan voted me?
When did I claim?
I never said "hey I'm town."
I said it prevents town from finding scum, resulting in a loss.
1. Actually I said 'claiming' it's in the Oxford English and has meanings outside of the game of Mafia.

2. Perhaps a slight misuse of the term, I'll concede - I meant it to showcase your vote for him because he had annoyed you; i.e. a personal attack reasoning which alluded to OMGUS in my mind.

3. No, he did not. Please refer to #2.

4. Oxford English dictionary.

5. ...while you're at it, look up redundancy and repetition (besides, I'm pretty sure all of us are implying we're town - are you not?).

6. Ythan's actions might do that very thing (though I personally disagree). However no part of my vote had any bearing on how much I believe his actions do or do not affect town. I do believe your vote was done from a sense of personal annoyance and with an intention of setting up some vague policy that you were voting for Ythan because he spams the thread.

So, to my mind, either your vote is illogical and not worth supporting, or you are scum hoping to ride the wave of annoyance and a policy vote to a mislynch. I'm currently betting that the latter is more likely the truth and am voting with that concept in mind.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Pomegranate »

SFG wrote:Pom - obviously you remember my asking to replace into a game you ran, and then not being able to because I had been persuaded to play in this game. I've also read through a couple of games involving you (although I only skimmed your posts because I was trying to absorb someone else's meta) and if I recall correctly, I found something on the wiki about you being the younger sister of another player. :P
Plum is my older sister- hence the name Pomegranate. She is much more well known than me, I think.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”