Mini 923 - Behind The Scenes Mafia, Game Over!

Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 923 - Behind The Scenes Mafia, Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Slicey »

Behind the Scenes Mafia

On the surface, this just looks like a normal game of mafia...but is it? Sure, players can talk to each other out on stage, but what exactly do they do behind the scenes? Who do they talk to, and about what? What if the mafia tried to infiltrate the rest of the cast? What if a good guy accidentally goes to a bad guy for help? Well, in Behind the Scene's Mafia, you'll find out just that.

Game Over! Scroll down for details.

Still on Stage (Bold is confirmed):
Wickedestjr,
Evil Actress
, survived.

Yanked Off the Stage:
banana 563,
Evil Actress
, lynched Day 1.

Plum,
Town Actress
, killed Night 1.

muh316,
Evil Actor
, lynched Day 2.

DocPotter,
Evil Actress
, killed Night 2.

CryMeARiver
Slaxx
Town Actor,
lynched Day 3.

Nobody Special,
Town Actor
, killed Night 3.

kunkstar7,
Town Actress
, lynched Day 4.

TheButtonmen,
Town Director
, killed Night 4.

hp [leaves]
DragonsofSummer
Evil Actor
, lynched Day 5.

StrangerCoug,
Town Actor,
lynched Day 6.

MacavityLock
MafiaSSK
The1fifi
Town Actor,
endgamed Day 6.

Booed out of the Theater (AKA modkilled):
None yet!
And there better not be...
Last edited by Slicey on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Slicey »

1. I am the mod. Any decision I make is final. I’m not perfect however, so if I make a mistake, please tell me. If you have a question, make sure to PM me, or ask in bold text.
2. This is a game. The goal is to have fun, and I will not tolerate people verbally abusing each other or any other mean acts towards another player. If this happens, it will result in a warning. Repeated offesne results in a modkill.
3. If there is a conflict between a role and the rules, the role wins.
4. No invisible text, codes, editing or deleting posts. First time it is a warning, repeated offense result in modkill.
5. No quoting anything written by the mod, whether it is true or false. You may paraphrase, and you are free to check with me if it’s all right. If you quote anything from me it will be deleted as soon as I see it. Continuous breaking of this rule will result in a modkill.
6. Do not post QuickTopic links. If you do, it will result in immediate modkill.
7. No talking about the game with anyone outside the thread unless your role specifically says so. First offense results in a modkill. This includes after you’re dead. There may or may not be a green room where dead players can discuss the game, but if there is, that is the only place you are allowed to discuss.
8. All votes and unvotes must be in bold and be in this format:
Vote: Slicey
or
Unvote: Slicey
. Unvoting is not necessary, but greatly appreciated.
9. Once the majority of votes on a player has been reached, that person will be lynched. All votes and unvotes will not be counted. If the majority has not been reached by the deadline, then the person with the most votes will be lynched. You may vote No Lynch if you’d like. In the event of a tie, whoever received the most votes first is lynched.
10. Each game day will have a 2 week deadline.
11. I expect you to fully commit to this game. However, I will not prod players unless it is specifically requested. An exception to the rule is that I will prod players that have not posted in 10 days. Players have 72 hours to respond to the prod. If they do not, they will be replaced. At the beginning of each day, I will institute a mass prod just to remind everyone about the game and that the next day phase is starting.
12. When you die, no more posting. You are allowed one bah post and that’s it.
13. If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me.
14. Play to win.
15. In accordance to Rule 14, do not claim you are scumbuddies with someone else, regardless if it is true.
16. I reserve the right to add rules if necessary
17. And of course, have fun!

Special Rules:
1. Unlike most games, you are allowed to talk to anyone you want during the night phase. You can choose to not talk to anyone or talk to every single person.
2. Communication can only go on during the night phase. If any sort of communication goes on during the dayphase, that person will be modkilled automatically.
3. Players can only talk to people playing in the game. No outside help.
4. You cannot talk to dead players and they cannot talk to you.
5. I must be able to see all communications. If you communicate through PM's, I want a PM sent once the day phase begins that has all PM's you sent that night phase and to who they were sent to. If QT's are made, I want links. If it's through IM, I want a chat log etc. I want this to prevent any cheating going on (ex. claiming scumbuddies) and to prevent any kind of swearing/profanity/anything against site rules. And I also want them just for my personal benefit.

Sample Town PM:
You are a
Town Actor/Actress.
You are a great performer on the stage. But what goes on behind the curtain? Time to find out. Your abilities are:

None!: You don’t have any abilities, except your voice and your vote.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Last edited by Slicey on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Slicey »

All roles are out. Please confirm via PM. The game will begin once a majority of the players have confirmed.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by Slicey »

Notice: Upon consideration, all players are allowed to talk during the confirmation phase.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:27 am

Post by Slicey »

Both The1fifi and Slaxx have requested replacement. Game will begin once replacements are found.

EDIT: CryMeARiver replaces Slaxx.

EDIT2: MafiaSSK replaces The1fifi.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Slicey »

Everyone has confirmed except banana 563, who picked up his role PM but hasn't confirmed. Game starts now.
All communications end now and cannot begin again until the day is over.

Also, slight change in the rules that I forgot to fix. Day's last two weeks, not four.

<insert flavor here>

With 12 alive it will take 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends Sunday, March 7 at 12:57 PM EST.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:06 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Greeting all; How do we want to work with the everyone is a neighbour thing? Should we have a communal night thread for everyone?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:10 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Slicey wrote:6. Do not post QuickTopic links. If you do, it will result in immediate modkill.
?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:22 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

I think that was referring to possibly scumtopics, or to topics with other players. Either way, don't post any quicktopic links.

So basically, this allows everyone to talk at all times. Has anyone here been in a game with this mechanic? If so, what advantages did this give town besides extended talking time? Any advantages that it gave scum that we should be wary of?
Welcome to the Network.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:37 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

kunkstar7 wrote:I think that was referring to possibly scumtopics, or to topics with other players. Either way, don't post any quicktopic links.

So basically, this allows everyone to talk at all times. Has anyone here been in a game with this mechanic? If so, what advantages did this give town besides extended talking time? Any advantages that it gave scum that we should be wary of?
No, but I don't see any way it can favor scum. It could easily favor town I think...if you are trying to talk to someone at night, and they don't respond, you could post that in the thread the next day...this could be the case for everyone (or many) and it would get discussion started very quickly...
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:50 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

I actually think the idea of a communal night thread won't be bad. Basically an extended game thread. Would do well to discuss implications and connections that the lynch flip information provides. Although now I see what TheButtonmen was pointing out with rule six *facepalm*. We would have to pass the link around through pm at night.

@mod: Would a communal night thread be against rules? Is the nighttalking confined to one on one? Also if such a thread created, does rule six restrict us from posting that link in this thread for future reference?
Welcome to the Network.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:57 am

Post by Plum »

Oh, it can definitely benefit the Town, but only if Townspeople are willing to abuse it (figuratively) for all it's worth during the Night phase. It's not even about plain responding/not responding at Night, it means treating every single person like your own personal unconfirmed Neighbor. That sounds obvious, but if you've heard Neighbor-theory discussions (I'm thinking about what I believe Vi has said; she's a major Neighborhood-theorist) . . . force the scum to win your favor (or at least a modicum of your trust) at Night; it'll be more annoying for them that it sounds, and will forcce them to have to be consistent with a lot more stuff during the day. Obviously be very careful sharing role info, but yeah.

I'm against a full-game Night topic. Waste of time we need to be searching out people individually. This isn't game-with-talking-at-Night-enabled, this is talking-with-unlimited-Neighborization, and that's something we can take advantage of. Basically, if we all do our parts, scum will have to work their tails off just to keep everyone's perception of them even to what it was in thread the day before.

Kunkstar: I asked the Mod and multi-player QTs are allowed; I assume that includes a communal Night QT. Still, it's a very very distracting and ultimately unhelpful idea. Talking about implications of the Lynch and whatnot can and should be used to feel out other players before any communal discussion takes place. Also, you'll be able to discuss it more openly once you find someone fairly Townie because of Night-talk, and withhold open discussion about it from someone you gind scummy and evaluate his/her reaction. Any stuff that needs communal discussion, well, I really don't see anything that's more advantageous to discuss at Night rather than in this thread once morning hits.
Vote: Buttonmen
for suggesting it. Honestly I can't tell that it's scummy of him, but it's as good a vote to get the ball rolling as any.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:57 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

kunkstar7 wrote:I actually think the idea of a communal night thread won't be bad. Basically an extended game thread. Would do well to discuss implications and connections that the lynch flip information provides. Although now I see what TheButtonmen was pointing out with rule six *facepalm*. We would have to pass the link around through pm at night.

@mod: Would a communal night thread be against rules? Is the nighttalking confined to one on one? Also if such a thread created, does rule six restrict us from posting that link in this thread for future reference?
I agree, I think it would be nice if we could quote things from the group thread...or just refer to what someone said in it though...
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:07 am

Post by muh316 »

So we can use the quicktopics during the day right now. Is that correct. Dont wanna be modkilled for something that stupid. :lol: :oops:
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:08 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

No we can't :) The only time anyone can talk outside of game thread is at night.
Welcome to the Network.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Plum, while I can see why a full-game quicktopic isn't unneccessary, I don't think it is harmful. Posting in one extra quicktopic won't waste
that
much time.

I don't like the reasons for your vote.
Vote: Plum

Also, can you elaborate on this a bit more:
Plum wrote:That sounds obvious, but if you've heard Neighbor-theory discussions (I'm thinking about what I believe Vi has said; she's a major Neighborhood-theorist) . . . force the scum to win your favor (or at least a modicum of your trust) at Night; it'll be more annoying for them that it sounds, and will forcce them to have to be consistent with a lot more stuff during the day.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:48 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I don't see the problem with a communal QuickTopic if the mod has stated that it's legal. That Plum is against it is fishy, so
vote: Plum

To answer unanswered questions in my QuickTopics:

Plum: I sent QT's to everybody else playing.

Wickedestjr: I think the QuickTopics will be interesting in terms of information because there are effectively no prohibitions on night talk other than only with people still in the game, thus are useful scumhunting avenues.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:18 am

Post by Plum »

Wickedestjr wrote: Also, can you elaborate on this a bit more:
Plum wrote:That sounds obvious, but if you've heard Neighbor-theory discussions (I'm thinking about what I believe Vi has said; she's a major Neighborhood-theorist) . . . force the scum to win your favor (or at least a modicum of your trust) at Night; it'll be more annoying for them that it sounds, and will forcce them to have to be consistent with a lot more stuff during the day.
Sure. If you're working with someone one-on-one, you can pressure them and make them earn your trust. Scum need your approval (or you can make them feel that they need your approval); you can pressure them to make you believe they're town in one-on-one, which I'm under the impression is not so easy or such for scum to do). Furthermore, one-on-one is a more appropriate venue to ask for things like a full scum/town/not sure list. If a scumbag has to do that with multiple townies while trying to earn the trust of each one, they might draw themselves into a hole such that they cannot be consistent with everything they've said the Nights before. And that's just one thing; there are other uses for QTs which I'm not going to discuss at this venue because it'll be more useful else-time.

I dislike your comment on my vote; I think I made it clear that it was not a vote on an actual scumtell; it was a vote to get thins rolling and I saw no reason that such a vote shouldn't be on someone who suggested something I disagree with. For this and a special secret reason, ima
Unvote; Vote: Wickedestjr

Partly a communal QT would be a waste of time, but partly it could play into distractions or scum excuses. To use the example above, if we have a Night communal QT and I ask someone privately for a scum/Town list, they could just post one thing in the group QT and refer me to that. because it's publicly verifiable, it can't draw scum into trapping themselves, and it'll reduce the pressure on the scum to explain their list to me (because if they have to do this with a lot of Townies with different views privately, the having to explain thing might further draw them into traps). This is just one example of things you can do with a QT, but it's an important one and would hold true for most if not all of the useful things Townies can do with unlimited Neighborizing powers.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Slicey »

kunkstar7 wrote:
Yes it would be. I misunderstood your question Plum. All QT's are only 2 people, besides the scum QT'(s) which may or may not have more.

Rule 6 is that you cannot post QT links in the thread. You are free to PM a player a QT link
at night.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:45 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Slicey wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:
Yes it would be. I misunderstood your question Plum. All QT's are only 2 people, besides the scum QT'(s) which may or may not have more.

Rule 6 is that you cannot post QT links in the thread. You are free to PM a player a QT link
at night.
Oh, I already pmed a few players the QT link, but we haven't talked in it yet...I was just about to copy paste all the links and send them all to you...
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:06 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

So much for the communal thread idea. Plum's still the scummiest, however.

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:21 am

Post by Plum »

StrangerCoug wrote:So much for the communal thread idea. Plum's still the scummiest, however.
Did you read my explanation for why I thought it wasn't a good idea, though? And can you tell me what you think scum motivation to be against the suggestion would be, as opposed to going along with the crowd?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:25 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I did, but I think it would have done more good than harm to have a communal QT. The scum motivation for being against the communal QT would most likely have been to keep information from running around uncontrolled. I also dislike your OMGUS vote on Wickedestjr.

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Nobody Special »

StrangerCoug wrote:So much for the communal thread idea. Plum's still the scummiest, however.
Just for being against the communal thread idea, or for something else?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:34 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I just said I dislike Plum's OMGUS vote too.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”