Mini 918 - A Hot, Steaming Bowl of Mafia - Game Over!

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:26 am

Post by Hoopla »

Do you think I'm scum, RedCoyote?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:34 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I have no idea.

I don't like your vote, but I'll have to read more of your posts to decipher it accurately. Moai's post diversifies the reactions to my vote though, which makes me happy.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:46 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Moai Interceptor Cannons wrote:Haha, daykills! This is gonna be an entertaining game.

On the subject of recent matters, RC is being attacked for something pretty stupid IMO. It's like the weakest wagon I've seen in yonks, you scum need to do better than
that
. I'm not the most free person in the world right now, but someone summarise what everyone has against RC in one post and I promise I can show you how ridiculous it looks when I shoot it down with homing asteroids.
What's with the aggressive defense of RC? You're saying you don't really know what the points against hijm are but you're sure you can easily refute them?

Confirm vote: Moai Interceptor Cannons

Some strange buddying between RC and MIC.

RedCoyote's at L-2 by the way if you haven't noticed. Just a heads up.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:19 am

Post by d3x »

RC wrote:If Moai is able to understand me, then I know I'm communicating it effectively.
Ok. You are saying that based off of one player's statement, you are in the right and communicating effectively? What about the 5 players who disagree? What about the fact that before Sotty died, that one player had a wagon on him? What about the fact that the statements that people aren't liking from you are
essentially
an effort to point attention away from said player?

Also, nowhere in Moai's p70 does he restate your position, back it up, or in any way state that he 'understands you'. He's saying that the wagon is "stupid" and "weak" claiming that we're Scum. I'll wait until he's responded to LL's p72 before I continue down this road, though.

In Iso3, you said we should Vote outside of the "little connection Sotty had with the game". Would it be bad/a mistake to build upon the suspicions we had before Sotty's death? I'm not saying to build upon them with the WIFOM from Sotty's death, mind you.

+1 Dry-fit. I like my Vote right where it is, but I'm not against the RC wagon at this time.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Konowa »

Posting to say I am reading. May not get around to posting till Thursday though. Apologies, snow sucks.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

RedCoyote wrote:I take it you disagree with my conclusion then. Which of the three should we give attention to, or should we examine all three? Do you think you'll be able to discern which of them are more townie/scummy? How?
Not much to examine here so far. I say, let's have a close look on all of them, and see if something will fit later with that Sotty kill. I even have my first idea posted below. That's the only thing we can do on page 4. Actually giving them a free pass for it is a terrible idea and it was scummy for you to even suggest it. I don't see in any way, why Sotty's death makes people mentioned by her unable to be the Sottykiller.

That being said, I really don't like MIC's last post. Fine, you don't like case on RC. But then again, you don't even shoot it down as you said, and you don't even bother to start hunting (unless that last sentence was a case against Hoopla. I don't even understand what you mean by it, so...).

RC/MIC looks like a nice scum team for me so far (RC proposing to take out 3 players including MIC out of picture which is IMO unacceptable), and MIC walks in to bash RC wagon while not bringing anything interesting from himself. Very simple conclusion. But simple conclusion are simple for a reason, and I cannot even count how many scum slipped away from my hand for actually over-thinking things.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

d3x 78 wrote:Would it be bad/a mistake to build upon the suspicions we had before Sotty's death? I'm not saying to build upon them with the WIFOM from Sotty's death, mind you.
Of course not. I didn't suggest this at all.

---
Colonel 80 wrote:Actually giving them a free pass for it is a terrible idea and it was scummy for you to even suggest it.
This is another exaggeration.

Once more because I like this town and I'd like to stay in it. SttB, charter, and Moai all have as good of chance of having shot Sotty as the rest of y'all do. My only intention was to say that we shouldn't be any more receptive to their supposed involvement or lack of involvement in the killing. Everything else attributed to me (e.g. that I am "clearing" anyone, giving anyone a "free pass", or think it's a "mistake" to build cases/suspicions on any players) are complete assumptions derived from enthusaisic townies or capitalizing scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:07 am

Post by charter »

Antiprod, post later.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

unvote

Back later.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:29 pm

Post by d3x »

RC wrote:I didn't suggest this at all.
I didn't say that you did, I was merely asking a question so as to build upon your answer. I know you're under extreme fire here, but settle down with the jumpy defensiveness. I'm not even Voting you.

Now then, there was good discussion staring about and between both charter and Shotty. Aside from the existing wagons, my Vote on Moai was serious as I eluded to in p26, and I'm assuming Sotty's was as well {although I'm not trying to evoke WIFOM, I'm just saying}.

These are good leads to get into discussion and assuming you were not trying to buddy/clear anyone, at the
absolute
least you tried to take us back into the RVS and quash the fledgling discussions that were there. These are both antiTown moves, imo.

Furthermore...
My only intention was to say that we shouldn't be any more receptive to their supposed involvement or lack of involvement in the killing.
While that may have been your intention, you actually said...
If anything, I say it's best to vote somewhere outside the little connection Sotty had to the game.
If you were tyring to say that we shouldn't get drawn into the WIFOM, you failed. If you were trying to say that we shouldn't look any heavier on these 3 regarding Sotty's death, you failed again.

GTKAS - d3x
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:45 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

RedCoyote wrote:My only intention was to say that we shouldn't be any more receptive to their supposed involvement or lack of involvement in the killing.
Exactly. So why vote outside of them? That's what I don't get. You can say what you like about misinterpretation but I think you're going to have a pretty hard time if you're arguing that your initial reaction to the kill was anything other than to suggest that we don't target those players because Sotty mentioned them. You didn't say 'let's treat everyone equally and ignore the kill', you said 'let's avoid these players so we don't argue about the kill' and then random voted Dry-fit. As far as I can see, that's doing the exact opposite of what you state above; you're being
more
receptive to their supposed involvement by deliberately not voting them.
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:35 pm

Post by Moai Interceptor Cannons »

Sorry for my terrible level of activity, will post tomorow I PROMISE.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:21 am

Post by d3x »

There's a whole lot of people saying a whole lot of nothing. That doesn't bode well and definitely makes me nervous.

@Mod- Prod on Nik, plz?

GTKAS - d3x
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:34 am

vote Col. Cathart

He seems very opportunistic jumping onto the RC wagon the way he did. Then he comes out and accuses him and Moai of being a scum team. RC didn't have any influence in Maoi's posting, so if anything he should move to Moai if he thinks he's defending otherwise it's a useless linkage between two unknown alignment players, killing the linkee first makes little sense.

Not to mention this (emphasis in bold):
Col.Cathart wrote:Not much to examine here so far.
I say, let's have a close look on all of them, and see if something will fit later with that Sotty kill.
I even have my first idea posted below. That's the only thing we can do on page 4.
Actually giving them a free pass for it is a terrible idea and it was scummy for you to even suggest it.
I don't see in any way, why Sotty's death makes people mentioned by her unable to be the Sottykiller.
Self-contradiction much? Isn't that first bolded part why he voted RC as well?
Col.Cathart wrote:
Unvote

vote: RedCoyote

I think you're trying to shift attention away from 3 players at once. Possibly, you're a scum and one of those three is your buddy.
A close look at myself, Maoi and, charter at this point results in essentially nothing after which he wants to wait till later. This is almost exactly what RC said.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

@RedCoyote: Why are you still voting for me?
Shotty to the Body wrote:Then he comes out and accuses him and Moai of being a scum team. RC didn't have any influence in Maoi's posting, so if anything he should move to Moai if he thinks he's defending otherwise it's a useless linkage between two unknown alignment players, killing the linkee first makes little sense.
I agree with this, thought I'm not sure if it makes him(Col.) scummy.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Dry-fit 89 wrote:@RedCoyote: Why are you still voting for me?
Because I don't see a better place for my vote to be at the moment. I don't or only somewhat agree with any other arguments that have been made, so I see no reason to jump ship just yet. I would like to hear from different players in the game (charter, Konowa, Nikanor, Hoopla) before I decide whether or not to make any moves like that.

You don't feel threatened, do you?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:32 am

Post by sigma »

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: Feb 17th, 8:00 pm (EST)

Vote Count:

Col.Cathart ( 1 ) Shotty to the Body
d3x ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 3 ) Col.Cathart, Locke Lamora, Hoopla
Shotty to the Body ( 2 ) Konowa, charter
Hoopla ( 0 )
Moai Interceptor Cannons ( 2 ) dry-fit, d3x
charter ( 0 )
Konowa ( 0 )
Nikanor ( 0 )
Locke Lamora ( 2 ) Moai Interceptor Cannons, Nikanor
dry-fit ( 1 ) RedCoyote
No Vote ( 0 )
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:33 am

Post by sigma »

Nikanor and Hoopla have been prodded.

There is a high level of 'be back later' type posts in this game. Making these posts occasionally is fine, but please be active as time permits. Note that you may be replaced if you are not contributing. Thank you!
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:14 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
vote Col. Cathart

He seems very opportunistic jumping onto the RC wagon the way he did.
Uh... You DO realize, I was actually the first one to vote RC, right? I never jumped his wagon, because at the time of vote there was NO WAGON at all.

I'll tell you even more. You know who DID vote him, when there was already a wagon, saying little to none about it? You and Hoopla.
Then he comes out and accuses him and Moai of being a scum team. RC didn't have any influence in Maoi's posting, so if anything he should move to Moai if he thinks he's defending otherwise it's a useless linkage between two unknown alignment players, killing the linkee first makes little sense.
The link is - MIC was one of the three players who shouldn't be voted due to Sotty's death according to RC in post 52. I called it for potential attempt to shift attention from you, Charter and MIC. Then comes the wagon, and then comes MIC with a defense based on 'hahahaha, this case is weak, lol!' and nothing more (unless we're still counting that weird Hoopla thing).

So in my mind, this could work - RC tries to shift attention from MIC before the crowd start looking at them because of Sotty's death, and when he is called for it (and thus, he succeeds as he's now the center of attention isntead of those three), MIC comes in to return the favor (in quite 'original' way). Works for me.
Not to mention this (emphasis in bold):
Col.Cathart wrote:Not much to examine here so far.
I say, let's have a close look on all of them, and see if something will fit later with that Sotty kill.
I even have my first idea posted below. That's the only thing we can do on page 4.
Actually giving them a free pass for it is a terrible idea and it was scummy for you to even suggest it.
I don't see in any way, why Sotty's death makes people mentioned by her unable to be the Sottykiller.
Self-contradiction much? Isn't that first bolded part why he voted RC as well?
1) Self contradicting where?
2) No, I voted for him for exactly the opposite reasons than the bolded part. He wanted us to vote outside of people mentioned by Sotty, which was interpreted by me, that he wants us to not look at them. That bolded part is about actually looking at them very closely all the time, because maybe there's nothing to see now, but linking that happening with something in the future may give us something.
Col.Cathart wrote:
Unvote

vote: RedCoyote

I think you're trying to shift attention away from 3 players at once. Possibly, you're a scum and one of those three is your buddy.
A close look at myself, Maoi and, charter at this point results in essentially nothing after which he wants to wait till later. This is almost exactly what RC said.
Again, no. The base is similar ('There's really not much to go on here'), but then we go in opposite ways. He says 'let's vote outside of those three' and I say 'Why outside? How do you know this actually a WIFOMy gambit? I say we shouldn't even blink while seeing their actions, there might be some interesting link later in that matter.'

---

And now, let me ask you a question - do you still think, RC is 'either contradicting himself at worst or at the very best back-pedaling hard'?

I find it extremely interesting, you jumped that wagon at first, to now you hopped off it to accuse someone who threw a first vote on it (while accusing me of 'opportunistic jump' on that wagon, which is outright bullshit).

Bonus 'LOL' points for you actually being one of those three people mentioned by Sotty.

---
Locke wrote:Exactly. So why vote outside of them? That's what I don't get. You can say what you like about misinterpretation but I think you're going to have a pretty hard time if you're arguing that your initial reaction to the kill was anything other than to suggest that we don't target those players because Sotty mentioned them. You didn't say 'let's treat everyone equally and ignore the kill', you said 'let's avoid these players so we don't argue about the kill' and then random voted Dry-fit. As far as I can see, that's doing the exact opposite of what you state above; you're being more receptive to their supposed involvement by deliberately not voting them.
I totally second this post, and I would like RC to respond to it.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:04 am

Post by charter »

Am loving my shotty vote. I'd also vote MIC. Both are scum.

Just glanced at it so I don't get replaced for not posting content, need to reread and explain when I get more time.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Dry-fit »

RedCoyote wrote:You don't feel threatened, do you?
No, I just wanted to know if you had any actual suspects yet.

C'mon Andy!
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:57 am

charters picked me to tunnel on for this game, yay!
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Also his active lurking accusations from before are now tinted with irony.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by charter »

My take on the RC issue. I think he was saying we shouldn't suspect people based on Sotty's daykill, not that we shouldn't suspect people she mentioned. Was pretty confusing, I had to reread his post like three times to figure it out.

Shotty's vote in 88 is scummy as hell. He votes Cathart claiming Cathart's vote on RC was opportunistic when Cathart voted RC first, and Shotty himself later voted RC. Cathart already covered this. Shotty is 2/2 on terrible votes, which I find to be the threshhold for scum, so I'll be backing this lynch the rest of the day.
Cathart wrote:And now, let me ask you a question - do you still think, RC is 'either contradicting himself at worst or at the very best back-pedaling hard'?

I find it extremely interesting, you jumped that wagon at first, to now you hopped off it to accuse someone who threw a first vote on it (while accusing me of 'opportunistic jump' on that wagon, which is outright bullshit).

Bonus 'LOL' points for you actually being one of those three people mentioned by Sotty.
Town
Shotty wrote: charters picked me to tunnel on for this game, yay!
Ignoring Cathart's response to your vote on him is another scumfession from Shotty. Here's the active lurking I'm talking about.
Shotty wrote:Also his active lurking accusations from before are now tinted with irony.
There's a difference between posting about not having time and posting "lol charter tunnel".

Let's start the gears on a Shotty lynch, folks.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by charter »

Dry fit and d3x, what do you guys think of Shotty? Of a Shotty/MIC scumteam?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”