Mini 918 - A Hot, Steaming Bowl of Mafia - Game Over!

sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:28 am

Post by sigma »

As you are discussing who to kill over the day's breakfast, an awful noise comes from the end of the table. As one, you turn to look at Sotty7, who is turning red. Before she collapses, she manages to gasp out two words:

"oatmeal... poisoned..."

Sotty7 has been killed.

You search her, but can find no evidence of mafia ties in her possessions, thus revealing her as a
Vanilla Townie.

---

The day continues.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: Feb 17th, 8:00 pm (EST)

Vote Count:

Col.Cathart ( 0 )
d3x ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
Shotty to the Body ( 2 ) Konowa, charter
Hoopla ( 2 ) Locke Lamora, Shotty to the Body
Moai Interceptor Cannons ( 4 ) dry-fit, d3x, Col.Cathart, Hoopla
charter ( 0 )
Konowa ( 0 )
Nikanor ( 0 )
Locke Lamora ( 2 ) Moai Interceptor Cannons, Nikanor
dry-fit ( 0 )
No Vote ( 1 ) RedCoyote
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Hoopla »

Wow. Should we be iso'ing Sotty now to see who her suspects were before she died?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:00 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod 50 wrote:
"oatmeal... poisoned..."
Poisoned oatmeal? Now they've gone too far.

---
Hoopla 51 wrote:Wow. Should we be iso'ing Sotty now to see who her suspects were before she died?
Why the question? Don't you want to give your opinion? You're town too, aren't you?
Sotty 20 wrote:^ What he said.

Vote: MIC

For the dice thing.
Sotty 46 wrote:charter gets some early town points with me. I like the early jump in scum hunting, even if I don't agree with the active lurking assessment. He's got his sleeves rolled up ready to get to work. A big plus.

Shotty's reaction doesn't do much for me. The counter wagon thing was strange but nothing he has posted has felt scummy.
There's really not much to go on here. She only mentions SttB, charter, and Maoi in her two posts.

I'm not biting though, if anything it's WIFOM designed to get us looking more closely at one of those players. I'm considering this a relatively random kill. Perhaps by a role who has a daykill he must use quickly?

If anything, I say it's best to vote somewhere outside the little connection Sotty had to the game.

Vote: dry-fit
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Hoopla »

I was making a joke, but I thought using the rolling eyes smiley would be too pretentious.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:47 am

Post by d3x »

Another Random Vote, RC? What makes dry-fit different than any of the other unmentioned players?
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

RC: why the assumption that Sotty's kill is WIFOM and not simply scum getting rid of a good player, or town going on a very early hunch? Your eagerness to divert attention away from those players seems odd to me.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Dry-fit »

@RedCoyote: If you think it's wifom, wouldn't the proper response be to not factor the kill into your suspicions rather than say
RedCoyote wrote:If anything, I say it's best to vote somewhere outside the little connection Sotty had to the game.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:27 am

Post by charter »

Shotty wrote:The third wagon or my attempt to 'impede' the other two gives just as much info if not more than if everyone had just blindly gone along and said 'Now what?' or waited for same random nothing to start another over.
I'm afraid I don't see how, please explain.
Shotty to the Body wrote: I believe charter's actual opinion has been summed up in this quote. (key parts in bold)
charter wrote:
I don't think his joking about getting votes is scummy
, since I've never figured out when someone does it if they're scum or town, just useless.
I just don't care for it.
I can't decide if he's scum trying to take advantage or town that's trying too hard, have to sleep on it.
No, my actual opinion on you is that your trying to start up a third wagon without commenting on the two we had, was scummy.

I echo Dry-fit's question right there.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Nikanor »

RC wrote:Perhaps by a role who has a daykill he must use quickly?
Except that daykills are already getting into abnormal territory. If the mod put a day-killing role that has to kill before a certain time (page three, for example) in this game, I'm going to kill him.

Shotty's acting weird. I've only ever seen him as town, but he's usually more serious than this. It looks like he's going back to being a normal person now, but it certainly raises a red flag.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Unvote

vote: RedCoyote

I think you're trying to shift attention away from 3 players at once. Possibly, you're a scum and one of those three is your buddy.

Also - As I said, my last exam is on Tuesday, so don't expect me to post much today. If I won't fail it, I should be much more active from Tuesday afternoon to at least 22th (end of my winter break)
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

d3x 54 wrote:Another Random Vote, RC? What makes dry-fit different than any of the other unmentioned players?
Can it really be considered random if I am throwing possibilities out?

But I'll willfully admit that, of the remaining 7, there's no specific reason for dry-fit.

Would you prefer it be someone else? Who?

---
Locke 55 wrote:why the assumption that Sotty's kill is WIFOM and not simply scum getting rid of a good player, or town going on a very early hunch?
I'm not denying other possibilities, I'm simply saying that right now I think it's best that we completely take anyone directly involved with Sotty out of the picture. I could see the town bickering over what are ultimately circular arguments (e.g. "Sotty was shot after she said charter was town... suspicious" "Moai was voted by Sotty, clearly we should lynch him after her killing").

---
Dry-fit 56 wrote:If you think it's wifom, wouldn't the proper response be to not factor the kill into your suspicions
I'm not. That's why I'm not voting anyone who Sotty mentioned, because I think it's pointless or potentially harmful to argue which one of them were "most likely" to be her shooter. Especially considering we don't know the alignment of said shooter.

---
Colonel 59 wrote:I think you're trying to shift attention away from 3 players at once.
I take it you disagree with my conclusion then. Which of the three should we give attention to, or should we examine all three? Do you think you'll be able to discern which of them are more townie/scummy? How?
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:53 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Why take them out of the picture? I agree, circular arguments are a possibility, but that's only if we focus on them because they were mentioned by Sotty. Following your logic, what we ought to be doing is treating them like everyone else, not taking them out of the picture. I think we all realise there's absolutely no point focusing on a couple of comments on the first two pages at this stage. Personally, I don't understand why you'd be so quick to give a few players an easy ride if you were town.

Unvote; Vote: RedCoyote

Shotty and MIC have already had attention on them, but to me it looks like you're trying to shift that away, and it's the second time you've defended Shotty early on. Is your reason for moving that pressure simply that you think we'll get into pointless arguments about what Sotty said?

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Is this a new wagon I see forming? I love it!

Vote: RedCoyote
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:26 am

Post by d3x »

RC wrote:Can it really be considered random
there's no specific reason for dry-fit
It seems you're splitting hairs there, RC.

WIFOM means that you can neither go after nor ignore someone based on information that you cannot know yourself. Thus, as LL said the players mentioned by Sotty should be no different than anyone else.
I think it's pointless or potentially harmful to argue which one of them were "most likely" to be her shooter
There's a big difference between not using Sotty's death as a factor to go after a player and completely taking them out of the ranking for potential Scum. The fact that you'd so easily jump to this extreme makes me very apprehensive about you RC.

I'm also curious, you said that you'd want them off the table 'for right now'. When would you say we could discuss them again as potential Scum?

GTKAS - d3x
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:27 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Back it up.
d3x 63 wrote:There's a big difference between not using Sotty's death as a factor to go after a player and completely taking them out of the ranking for potential Scum. The fact that you'd so easily jump to this extreme makes me very apprehensive about you RC.
If this is what Hoopla, the Colonel, and Locke think I am saying, then there's obviously been some miscommunication.

I'm certainly not clearing anyone. I never meant to give that impression at all.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 am

Post by d3x »

@RC- Reconcile these two.
In p60, you wrote:I think it's best that we completely take anyone directly involved with Sotty out of the picture.
Just now, you wrote:I'm certainly not clearing anyone.

GTKAS - d3x
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:21 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

charter wrote:
Shotty wrote:The third wagon or my attempt to 'impede' the other two gives just as much info if not more than if everyone had just blindly gone along and said 'Now what?' or waited for same random nothing to start another over.
I'm afraid I don't see how, please explain.
You have a real opinion of me at least, I have a real opinion of you and some others. Much better than some nothing burger wagon.
charter wrote:No, my actual opinion on you is that your trying to start up a third wagon without commenting on the two we had, was scummy.
You're right, I should've said something about how suspicious dice rolling was and then done what everyone else did so I could be a boring lemming.

unvote, vote RC

He's either contradicting himself at worst or at the very best back-pedaling hard.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:38 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Nikanor wrote:Shotty's acting weird. I've only ever seen him as town, but he's usually more serious than this. It looks like he's going back to being a normal person now, but it certainly raises a red flag.
The last normal I was in had a day-killing SK. It seems the rules are a bit flexible. I admit I may take some part in meta shadowing with random acts, but I'll try to keep it from being the majority of my play.

Also my last post was full of irony in retrospect.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by d3x »

On second thought, let's add this one in too.
In p52, RC wrote:I say it's best to vote somewhere outside the little connection Sotty had to the game.
Again, how is this "not clearing anyone," even temporarily? If we're putting a halt on Voting the 3 players you suggested, what
is
it called if not 'clearing'?

GTKAS - d3x
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

d3x 65 wrote:Reconcile these two.
I meant that we should take anyone directly involved with this Sotty shot out of the picture as far as accusing them of killing Sotty.
RC 52 wrote:If anything, I say it's best to vote somewhere outside the little connection Sotty had to the game.
That right there is what I mean. Let's not vote based on any of Sotty's connections, because that would likely lead us astray. Even if there is a connection, we don't necessarily know what it would be, that's why we have to take them out of the picture.
d3x 68 wrote:how is this "not clearing anyone," even temporarily? If we're putting a halt on Voting the 3 players you suggested, what
is
it called if not 'clearing'?
You're sending mixed ideas here. I'm not clearing anyone of anything, first point, because the shot could've came from anywhere. Second point, I'm saying that we should not vote anyone based on, "Sotty talked about charter, likely charter shot her, likely he's scum". Nowhere have I expressed the idea that any of them are scum or town, as I'm not even talking about anyone's alignments.

Just because I don't want to vote them on the back of Sotty's death doesn't necessarily mean I think they are town and/or "clear". That's about as simple as I can make it, but frankly I thought that went without saying. If that's what I'm getting voted on, then I'm open to arguing the point.
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 pm

Post by Moai Interceptor Cannons »

Haha, daykills! This is gonna be an entertaining game.

On the subject of recent matters, RC is being attacked for something pretty stupid IMO. It's like the weakest wagon I've seen in yonks, you scum need to do better than
that
. I'm not the most free person in the world right now, but someone summarise what everyone has against RC in one post and I promise I can show you how ridiculous it looks when I shoot it down with homing asteroids.

Is it just me or is Hoopla's play in this game really suspicious? I know she doesn't trust D1 lynches to produce scum at all, and I have a feeling that it's too blatant to be genuine scum antics, b-b-but ... :(
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:04 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Moai Interceptor Cannons wrote: Is it just me or is Hoopla's play in this game really suspicious? I know she doesn't trust D1 lynches to produce scum at all, and I have a feeling that it's too blatant to be genuine scum antics, b-b-but ... :(
I don't understand what you're talking about.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

MIC: it was fairly clear to me, and apparently several others, that RC was saying that we should deliberately NOT look at those three players at this present time to avoid getting into circular debates over Sotty's comments. My opinion is that we should avoid talking about any connections between those players and Sotty's comments, not that we should avoid talking about those players altogether. I never assumed that RC meant those players were cleared for the entirety of the game; my issue was with the fact that he appeared to be suggesting we give those players an easy ride for the moment. This is as valuable a time as any to put pressure on people, so his attitude seems anti-town to me.

Also:
RedCoyote wrote:
d3x 65 wrote:Reconcile these two.
I meant that we should take anyone directly involved with this Sotty shot out of the picture as far as accusing them of killing Sotty.

And therefore we should take everyone else out of the picture because then we're into WIFOM about whether they'd kill Sotty to implicate the others. Am I right in detecting a hint here that you think the purpose of your vote is to catch the person who killed Sotty? If you're not, then I don't understand your initial decision to rule those three players out of your voting options.

To summarise: on one hand, you argue that we shouldn't dwell on Sotty's connections to those players. This, I agree with. On the other, you insist on voting outside those players BECAUSE of the kill. My thought is that you shouldn't be factoring in the kill at all, not reacting to it by voting someone who she didn't mention.

sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:19 am

Post by sigma »

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: Feb 17th, 8:00 pm (EST)

Vote Count:

Col.Cathart ( 0 )
d3x ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 4 ) Col.Cathart, Locke Lamora, Hoopla, Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body ( 2 ) Konowa, charter
Hoopla ( 0 )
Moai Interceptor Cannons ( 2 ) dry-fit, d3x
charter ( 0 )
Konowa ( 0 )
Nikanor ( 0 )
Locke Lamora ( 2 ) Moai Interceptor Cannons, Nikanor
dry-fit ( 1 ) RedCoyote
No Vote ( 0 )
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Do you think my vote is locked down in someway? I'm sorry; I just don't understand. I can't make it any more clear than I already have. If Moai is able to understand me, then I know I'm communicating it effectively.

I don't know where you got the idea that my vote is intended to catch Sotty's killer. I'm voting with the kill in mind, sure, but I already told d3x that the vote is essentially "random" outside of that.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”