McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Well, the way I see is, scum wanted to throw out the idea of wasting CP's and some town bit when they voted fifi, this is an elaborate way for scum-fifi to use a little CP's to get the town to waste a few, and in the end of the day, fifi knows the votes will be put elsewhere when he can pull himself out of this. Just my thoughts so far, nothing to jump off of, ie no FoS's or votes or anything.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I wish I knew how to interpret fifi's tone. :(
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Cobalt »

McGriddle wrote:Well, the way I see is, scum wanted to throw out the idea of wasting CP's and some town bit when they voted fifi, this is an elaborate way for scum-fifi to use a little CP's to get the town to waste a few, and in the end of the day, fifi knows the votes will be put elsewhere when he can pull himself out of this. Just my thoughts so far, nothing to jump off of, ie no FoS's or votes or anything.
can we have this in english? thanks in advance
hatersgonnahate.gif
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by McGriddle »

okay,

fifi- waste CP to get town on his wagon.

town- bite at that

fifi - now lay low and get a good scum hunting action going to get the town to switch votes to someone else, leaving the town with little CP during the night, and scum having a lot left over.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Um, that's stupid.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Seacore »

Actually, I can see why Mr McGriddle is trying to say and it's not too bad.

The advice I take from it is, don't let fifi talk his way out of it.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Seacore wrote:Actually, I can see why Mr McGriddle is trying to say and it's not too bad.

The advice I take from it is, don't let fifi talk his way out of it.
Exactly, and thank you.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by The1fifi »

Really,i am just astonished. after slapping my self, i still can't understand how is this possible!! A freaking noob mistake, and just because nothing else happened i am scum instantly!? really.. i don't know what the hell to say, because you makes as much sense as a redberry pie in top of a three singing 3 blind rats
Matteh says :
Also, the wiki is only a REFERENCE point. Don't live by what it says
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

McGriddle wrote:Well, the way I see is, scum wanted to throw out the idea of wasting CP's and some town bit when they voted fifi, this is an elaborate way for scum-fifi to use a little CP's to get the town to waste a few, and in the end of the day, fifi knows the votes will be put elsewhere when he can pull himself out of this. Just my thoughts so far, nothing to jump off of, ie no FoS's or votes or anything.
Somewhere along there you crossed the border into "unlikely conspiracy theory"
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The1fifi wrote:Really,i am just astonished. after slapping my self, i still can't understand how is this possible!! A freaking noob mistake, and just because nothing else happened i am scum instantly!? really.. i don't know what the hell to say, because you makes as much sense as a redberry pie in top of a three singing 3 blind rats

lol.

Why do I have the only avatar in this thread that's not hard to look at?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I like my avatar. And Cobalt's.

I agree with whoever said that Alma looks comparatively bad given fifiTown, but Alma always seems scummy to me, so I dunno, etc.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Seacore »

Fifi, what would you prefer?

You did something scummy. You say it's a noob mistake, but it's still scummy.

What should we do? Ignore it?

Maybe you should calm down and provide an alternative for your lynch? Instead of saying "oh my god, I did this one little thing and now everybody thinks I'm scum, when I'm not" over and over again.
We get it, you don't want us to lynch you, understood. Find us a better option, or walk up over near that tree and pull your collar down.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by McGriddle »

popsofctown wrote:
The1fifi wrote:Really,i am just astonished. after slapping my self, i still can't understand how is this possible!! A freaking noob mistake, and just because nothing else happened i am scum instantly!? really.. i don't know what the hell to say, because you makes as much sense as a redberry pie in top of a three singing 3 blind rats

lol.

It's Bauxy, how could that be hard to look at?
Wins/Losses - 99/15

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

McGriddle wrote:
popsofctown wrote:

lol.

Missed the "not"
"Well, I..."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I like it except for the McGriddle. That is disgusting.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by McGriddle »

popsofctown wrote:
McGriddle wrote:
popsofctown wrote:

lol.

Missed the "not"
I know, I am just saying, it's hard for anyone to match that. Everything looks ugly compared to the queen.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Cobalt »

???
hatersgonnahate.gif
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Fate »

popsofctown wrote:
The1fifi wrote: Why do I have the only avatar in this thread that's not hard to look at?
Your avatar creeps me out. Not liking Gears is your loss...

Also, Illidan is win.
Really,i am just astonished. after slapping my self, i still can't understand how is this possible!! A freaking noob mistake, and just because nothing else happened i am scum instantly!? really.. i don't know what the hell to say, because you makes as much sense as a redberry pie in top of a three singing 3 blind rats
Flailing under barely any pressure? Or maybe a few votes is a lot of pressure in this vote-conservative game... Crumble scum!
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by Fate »

Damn tags. Moving on,
popsofctown wrote: I don't know if anyone has picked up on this, but we can halflynch someone giving them an ultimatum that they squander X CP in a vote/unvote cycle, or get lynched. If it's scum, which hopefully it is that's what you'd aim this sort of thing at, they lose nightkills/actions. If it's town, it could hurt a bit, but we'd probably still get the lynch and most of our actions.

This would be an option if there are two people in the town acting really scummy. We halflynch one, then half lynch the other.
I would like to know if anyone picked up on it as well...because it is brilliant! As long as it is the first or second 'half lynch' we could definitely get them to use 10 votes and still have plenty to lynch and have night actions. If a NK still goes through, we could see who barely voted D1 because they saw we are going to use this strategy (Depending on how many bonus points you can get, -10 may not be enough to cripple scum)

This would make Precision mafia a very distinct variation, because it would reverse the game of mafia! (As in, a town lynching scum, and scum being unable to kill town) *Laughs manically :twisted: )
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I didn't even notice the night action info we'd get from that... half lynching seems like a good road to drive on.
"Well, I..."
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Seacore »

I like it.

Given there are 12 players, assuming 3 scum seems about right (and maybe an SK, as there was one in the examples).

Assuming then, that there are 9 town, that gives us a little over 30 CP and gives the scum a little over 10.

We wouldn't want to do more than 1 half lynch a day, but otherwise, it sounds good.

For this, I'm assuming a single digit commander bonus btw.

What do others think?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Is there an optimal number we would have fifi waste such that it effectively nerfs scum while minimally nerfing town? My expectation is that this sort of technique will be unproductive, but it's probably worth at least the mathematical exercise.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Seacore »

Well, he can spend no more than 10

Any less than that won't have an effect. So we're stuck at ten

If there are 4 scum, it is dramatically less successful, as if we get scum to burn 10, they've still probably got around 10 more. Still, it does mean they'll have to be far more careful with their votes.

A single spend of 10 CPs for the town, even if we only have 8 players, or even 7, shouldn't hurt us too much.

I would disagree with doing it twice, the odds of us finding two scum, thus draining them of 20 points, is small. And draining us of 20 could really hurt us.

More importantly though, I can see no disadvantage to doing this (once).
Town can wear the 10 points, scum will at least wince. As long as we don't let burning ten points protect you from getting lynched if you do something uber-obv-scum.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Given fifiScum, it would also potentially give us an idea about how many scum are on the wagon.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Seacore »

how so?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”