Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:06 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Hey Zito, WTF was up with Night 3?

Yeah.

Firstly, there was only one kill because cdubs didn't submit a night action. But that isn't what caused the long night. If it was just that, we'd have started on time.

The other thing that happened was I found out that CryMeARiver was trying to influence yawetag from beyond the grave. After talking with farside and mith it was decided that CMAR would be modkilled here and banned from signing up for new games for a month.

So why was yawetag replaced then? Problem is CMAR claimed evilsnail was scum, and I knew that both evilsnail and yawetag had survived the night, so it wasn't fair to either of them to leave a tainted yawetag in.

And, why Fate? Well, he's the only one who volunteered. Plus he and yawetag were masons together anyway so I didn't see the harm.

Big post of night actions/PMs coming in a bit.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Lawl, nathed.
yawetag wrote:
Mod:
Can you post (or can we post) the URL to our respective QTs? I'd love to see the chat between the scum, and I'm sure others would enjoy the Mason's.
I'm leaving that at your discretion.

I especially enjoyed the mafia one, I hope Shrinehme decides to post it.
Kappa
Just Monika
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Night 1

Default PM
It was an exhausting day. To be shut in this dank cellar is bad enough, but then to discover that the professor and his assistant were murdered! You've found one, and he paid for his crime, but his partner is still out there, and there's those two "Werewolves" too...

But maybe this will scare them off. They couldn't have known the group would ferret out one so quickly, right? Maybe the others are paranoid now. Maybe they'll even give themselves up!

You think these things through the night, trying to keep yourself awake. You're surrounded by unfamiliar sounds - creaks, pings, squeaks, the ever-present drip of the faucet in the kitchen. Drip drip drip. One two three. Drip drip drip. Four five

The sound of the alarm startles you back awake. You'd forgotten it was still set for 7 AM. Seems you made it through the night okay. Whew.

You survived Night 1 unharmed.

Mafia PM (Shrinehme)
As the group breaks for the day, you can't help but glare at the assembly that just took the life of your partner. They will pay dearly for this. You catch a glance of Fate smiling. Smug bastard, that's the first one to go.

It seems to take ages before the noises settle down and everyone falls into an exhausted slumber. You feel under your mattress - there it is, the gun you and your friend had found hidden under a loose brick in the wall. You remember talking about it, how it must have meant the professor really wanted you guys to go through with it, how dedicated he must have been to his work to give the surpreme sacrifice. But you didn't think it would go this way, that you would lose Flareonage so quickly...

No matter. You have it now. The silencer is in place. In no time at all, you've made your way to Fate's room and back, the deed done. Your revenge has begun.

You killed Fate on Night 1.

Fate's PM
It was an exhausting day. To be shut in this dank cellar is bad enough, but then to discover that the professor and his assistant were murdered! You've found one, and he paid for his crime, but his partner is still out there, and there's those two "Werewolves" too...

But maybe this will scare them off. They couldn't have known the group would ferret out one so quickly, right? Maybe the others are paranoid now. Maybe they'll even give themselves up!

You think these things through the night, trying to keep yourself awake. You're surrounded by unfamiliar sounds - creaks, pings, squeaks, the ever-present drip of the faucet in the kitchen. Drip drip drip. One two three. Drip drip drip. Four five...

You startle yourself awake. You can't afford to fall asleep. Something cold is on your forehead - you go to wipe it away. Your finger brushes metal. Nononononono

You were killed on Night 1.

Werewolf PM (cdubs)
What a fantastic day. One of your rivals down, and the rest clueless about what you really are. Absolutely perfect.

You decide that last night was not enough. The rush was just too great, you want to kill again. So you wait until the noises die down, until all is quiet, then creep back out of the room you're sharing. You go slowly, silently, heading straight for RayFrost's room. You can hear him muttering - good, he's asleep. In a flash you're at his side, and you pause to savor the moment. His life, completely in your hands. With those hands, you simultaneously cover his mouth and plunge the knife straight into his heart. You feel it flutter briefly against the point of the blade, then it's over, and you creep back to your room satisfied with another night's good work.

You killed RayFrost on Night 1.

RayFrost's PM

You think these things through the night, trying to keep yourself awake. You're surrounded by unfamiliar sounds - creaks, pings, squeaks, the ever-present drip of the faucet in the kitchen. Drip drip drip. One two three. Drip drip drip. Four five...

The group has gathered back in the main area again. Everyone is surrounding 3 people, kneeling on the floor. The bad guys! They've given themselves up. Someone walks in from behind you. "I've called the police, they're on their way." You turn to see who spoke, but she has no face. Startled, you turn back towards the group. They don't have faces either. What's going...?

But that's your last thought, as your sleep is interrupted by a knife in your chest.

You were killed on Night 1.
Kappa
Just Monika
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Night 2

Default PM
Two killers down. As you fall into bed, utterly exhausted, you hope that both the remaining killers have gotten the message. But deep down, deep in your heart of hearts, you know there will be more death tonight. Just like you know that, as much as you've planned it, you won't be able to stay awake tonight to keep watch.

It's quiet, and lonely, and cold in the underground shelter. The only sounds are the steady drip drip drip of the faucet from the kitchen. It's a never-ending, mesmerizing, steady beat that worms its way into your skull.

You'd brought some books, so you try to read to keep yourself awake. But you're so tired you find yourself reading the same sentences over and over again, unable to decipher their meanings. You're so tired you find yourself reading the same sentences over and over again, unable to decipher their meanings. The same sentences over and

The buzzing alarm wakes you promptly at 7AM.

You survived Night 2 unharmed.

Mafia PM (Shrinehme)
You couldn't have scripted the day any better. One of your rivals down, one more to go. But you have to be careful here. If you take out the other bad guy, then all the attention will shift to hunting for you. Better to let them live a little bit longer.

In the meantime, there's danakillsu. This one has to die. That's twice he's helped lead the group to find the killers in their midst, and there's no way you want to test if third time's the charm. So instead you introduce danakillsu to the business end of your silenced pistol, and return to your room feeling as though you chose your target well.

You killed danakillsu on Night 2.

danakillsu's PM
As the group breaks for the night you return to your shared room feeling an immense sense of accomplishment. That's two down in two days, and you've really sent a message to the two remaining ones. Hopefully they'll back off now and leave you guys alone until someone comes to let you out, but deep down you have a feeling they won't.

So you plan. You and your partner go over who you think the remaining killers are, and what to do about it. But as the night goes on your exhaustion becomes overwhelming, and eventually you fall asleep in mid-sentence.

Too bad, that. You're startled awake by the feel of cold steel on your forehead. If you'd managed to stay awake just a little longer...

You were killed on Night 2.

Werewolf PM (cdubs)
You'd managed to get through the entire day almost unnoticed, just leaning in a corner and watching the proceedings go down. And even though it was your partner they were after, you didn't bat an eyelash - you wolves are loners, after all, and you didn't want anything traced to you anyway.

Once in your now-empty room though, you feel a cold rage. Damn them all, they had all seemed so smug. There was no way you were going to let your partner's death go unpunished. Pack mentality tells you to go after the leader of the band who killed your partner.

Your knife makes quick work of xRECKONERx.

You killed xRECKONERx on Night 2.

xRECKONERx's PM
What a fantastic day. You were right again. You are a damn god at this.

Tomorrow will be even better. You start jotting down some notes in bed, things you'd seen the others do, things you figure were suspicious. You get the feeling the killers won't stop, but even if they do, you want to be right again. You're a damn hero. Wait until you guys get out of here.

You're standing in the main room. The doorway out is open. You climb the stairs, are blinded by the sun and the camera flashes. "Yeah, I managed to find all four of them. It was amazing." Someone mentions a medal. You smile down from the podium as they place the cold metal on your chest.

You're suddenly startled awake. You're still in your room, and the feel of cold metal is quite real. Then it's plunged into your chest.

You were killed on Night 2.
Kappa
Just Monika
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Night 3

Fate's PM
You outted yourself and ended up making the wrong decision anyway. Crap. Even worse, now you have a big target on your back. You figure you'd better hide tonight.

After the group breaks for the evening and the body is stowed away, you linger in the common area. You need some place to hide. The endless dripdripdrip from the kitchen catches your ears... what about there?

It's a tight squeeze, but you manage to wedge yourself under the sink, hoping nobody will think to look for you here. Despite the discomfort and your desire to remain awake, you end up falling asleep anyway.

You are awakened later by the sounds of people talking in the common room and go to rejoin them.

You survived Night 3 unharmed.

evilsnail's PM
Holy crap. There's still two crazy killers loose in here with you, and it's just you and another guy left. In a near-panic, you return to your room and pace back and forth, trying to decide what to do.

You end up deciding that the best thing to do is just barricade yourself in. You shove the bed, the nightstand, and the dresser against the door, then sit against the dresser. Hopefully that will keep them out.

Despite your best efforts, your exhaustion pulls you to sleep. You are jolted awake the next morning at 7AM by the alarm, dangling by its cord from the nightstand. Time to end this thing.

You survived Night 3 unharmed.

Shrinehme's PM
Finally, some success during the day. You take one last satisfied look at The Tracker's prone form before returning to your room.

Now, strategy time. You have one person who has come out and said they were sharing a room with two of the others, and so they knew each other and they couldn't be bad guys. Having him around is troublesome. On the other hand, your rival is still about. What to do?

You make your choice. You hear a lot of scraping and rumbling coming from the other rooms, but once that dies down you creep out and head straight for cdub's room.

Hmm, odd. This room looks familiar for some reason. Cdubs is out like a light and doesn't even shift when you press the silenced pistol to his forehead. Too easy.

You killed cdubs on Night 3.

cdub's PM
Another good day. You're almost clear in this thing. Every one of them will lay dead when you're done. You've sworn this.

Exhausted, you set your alarm for 4AM and collapse in your bed. You figure everyone will be asleep by then and you can get to work. But you're so tired that you fall into a deep, dreamless sleep, and don't even feel the cold steel pressed into your forehead, or hear the shot go off.

You were killed on Night 3.
Kappa
Just Monika
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:15 am

Post by evilsnail »

yawetag wrote:First off, before I make any post-game comments, I'd like to explain my sudden departure from the game.

As I was playing chat-based Mafia on another site, a message came across the chat stating evilsnail was the last scum. I asked the other player if they were evilsnail. They denied and stated who they were.

With this (now-known-incorrect) information, I immediately screen-printed the chat and PMed it to Papa Zito along with my recommendation to be taken out of the game. I expected a reply similar to "It doesn't matter -- the game is over," but instead received a "Thanks for the info. I'll let you know what will be done." I was surprised to see that both myself and evilsnail were still alive.

I feel I must apologize for the situation, but it wasn't my fault. In hindsight, I'm glad the chat occurred. I had decided that if I had lived to D4, I was lynching evilsnail -- even before the chat I received.
Wtf. That is bizarre. I think both you and Papa Zito handled it in exactly the right way, though. Thanks for that!

I was pretty relieved when Fate replaced you. I was expecting you to come after me D4. Why were you so suspicious of me?

I enjoyed this game a lot. We had a good collection of players (with the obvious exception of mavsfan and CMAR). I thought Shrinehme was great scum. I only started suspecting him very late D3 and only because I thought cdubs's lack of activity would have prevented him from NKing Night 2 (which I was wrong about, in retrospect).

Papa Zito, thanks for modding! I particularly appreciated all the flavour text. It must have been a lot of work.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:23 am

Post by danakillsu »

Awesome playing town. I had an inkling I would die when I did, so I gave yawetag indisputable proof that he was mason. I loved this game, mod, and I hope I can join another game with you as the mod.
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:36 am

Post by yawetag »

evilsnail wrote:I was pretty relieved when Fate replaced you. I was expecting you to come after me D4. Why were you so suspicious of me?
Our argument on D2 on whether to lynch or not, then your complete turn-around on D3. Also, your idea of having the Mason claim D3 smelled of a way to narrow down options for that night.
evilsnail wrote:I knew yawetag was the remaining mason, because there are some pretty clear breadcrumbs.
There's the dana thing and another really obvious one.
I only said this because I cottoned on to the fact that yawetag was trying to elicit a fake claim.
Before I complete my write-up, I'd love to know what the "really obvious one" was -- I want to see if what I did worked as well as I planned.

@Dana/Fate: Do you mind if I share the link to our QT?
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:03 am

Post by evilsnail »

Your first post:
yawetag wrote:/confirm as well. Just for your knowledge, I live in the US, but will probably post more at night, as that is when I'm active.

I have read over the thread already. I can understand the attack on DKU, but remember that there
are
three groups in this setup; it's possible she's a Mason who knows the identity of two other townies.
There was no doubt in my mind you were the last mason after I saw this.
yawetag wrote:Our argument on D2 on whether to lynch or not, then your complete turn-around on D3. Also, your idea of having the Mason claim D3 smelled of a way to narrow down options for that night.
The thing is, I still think I was absolutely right D2. I actually thought you were scum with CMAR after the lynch because of that argument. Right up until I started looking for mason breadcrumbs after the NKs were announced.
Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Shrinehme »

I love my QT [all of you better read it or I`ll come back from the grave and nkill you again] and would be more than happy to show it to everyone. Dr. Zito, could you post it for me?
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:50 am

Post by yawetag »

First off, my complaints:

The Modkill Rule

While I understand the rule eliminates the need to find replacements, which makes the game run smoother, I think it adds an element to the game that changes the balance -- the fact that there's an extra death. It was the root of the argument between evil and I on D2. Without the cloud of modkill over the head of the group, I think D2 would have been a lot smoother.

Personally, it's not fair for town, even if the modkill is scum. The town is forced to look at all of these "what if" scenarios -- scenarios that change the strategy the town was going for. A lot, if not all, of the "what if" scenarios look at the modkill as being a townie -- never as scum.

Fate Replacement

In a replacement, I think the only roles that would be allowed to return are ones that have NO other knowledge a simple townie would have. This eliminates any roles that investigate (cops, trackers, watchers), scum, and any group. In effect, I would ask myself one simple question: "Does this player have ANY knowledge that any other player in this game doesn't have WITHOUT QUESTION?"

Yes, I was an un-CCed Mason and Fate was a Mason -- it's a logical replacement. However, it fully cleared my role as a Mason. There's no way you would place a dead Mason into ANY other spot in the game.

For all we know, shrine could have tried to make a CC the next day. It essentially forced the decision to be between shrine and evil, with no way to place any doubt on the third player. It turned a 33% chance into a 50% chance.

My Play

Yes, I was the last Mason. Sadly, DKU's "I trust Cat... I mean yawetag" posts took any doubt away. It was obvious he read his PM and forgot that Cat was replaced. While it was nice to have the backup, it still surprises me that I was never killed at night. To me, I was the most logical N2 kill -- almost everyone in the group trusted me.

It's nice to see that evil didn't find the biggest breadcrumb I left (edited to show breadcrumb):
yawetag wrote:
D
on't act so fast on this trust issue.
A
s I think about it, it's not a good idea.
N
othing good can come out of it.
A
s I see it, listing two people removes the chance of the town knowing the third Mason if the second is killed.

I
t's really easy to explain.
S
imply put:

M
asons will list their partner, as well as a random third person.
A
Mason kill at night, or even a Mason lynch, will cause a counter-claim between the two "trusted" players -- especially if one of them is non-town.
S
o, this puts us in the same situation we're already in.
O
ur position would be no better than it is now.
N
either of the "trusted" players can be fully trusted, and the town will be forced to lynch one of them.

W
ho wants to be in that type of situation?
I
think it's better for the Masons to leave breadcrumbs and keep from fighting with their partner so it's easier for the town to clear the third.
T
his way, the scum can't use any information that's given so blatantly, such as a list.
H
opefully, the town can find the clues without tipping the scum.

M
y list will be kept personal unless the group thinks it's a better idea.
E
veryone should then participate, though, and ones that don't give a list should be looked at very closely.
It was left more to clear DKU in later days than it was to clear me -- anyone could have argued that I made the post in an attempt to fake-claim my way as the last Mason; with DKU dead, I could have only hoped it would have worked -- and would have only used it as a last resort.

I wanted the message to convey a point. Having a random post to attempt that type of breadcrumb would have stuck out like a sore thumb. Luckily, after about 30 minutes of thinking, I realized I could argue the "trust list" while placing the crumb -- I was going to argue against it anyway. Once I realized a list of two people would be huge trouble if one was scum, the rest was simply writing it in a way to not make it appear disjointed or hashed together.

I told DKU about the post the next night. He was worried that it was too obvious. I told him that it was only to be used in a case of having to prove you were the last Mason. We also talked about trying to get a counter-claim when it seemed right to claim. I attempted it, but no one took the bait. In fact, the back-and-forth "Mason should claim" chat between evil and myself was EXACTLY what I wanted. My hope was that one of the scum would try to claim it -- especially after the "obvious" last Mason was denying it. No one bit, so my next hope was that someone would counter-claim after I did, using "Why didn't you do it yesterday? You're scum trying to take the claim!" At that point, I'd have asked for a counter-claim, and, if there was one, first use the "Why would DKU state they trust me -- and only me -- if you're the last Mason?" If that didn't work, my breadcrumb would have been pointed out.

Alas, it was never needed.

Looking back, I only see two flaws in my game:
1) The D2 math-fight with evil. The ONLY reason I kept it going was that I felt he was scum trying to get the town behind him. My real thought was that he was bussing his partner -- there's no easier way to get the town on your side. I couldn't have been more wrong.

2) Not even suspecting shrine. I never once had any inkling that shrine was scum.

Play of Others

I certainly can't talk about everyone's play, so I'll mention what sticks out in my head.

CMaR

You were screwed the second you replaced SK. I don't think there was any way you could have escaped a lynch. However, I didn't see you really try. It's possible you read through and realized how quickly the boat was sinking, but it's still not a bad idea to at least grab the pail and start bailing.

DKU

The biggest problem I saw was referring to me as Cat when giving your trust list. It didn't escape my notice, so I'm almost positive it didn't escape other's. It still surprises me that you were killed that next night.

xRECK

Your style confused me from the start, and I think the only reason you were killed was simply because you had some hand in both lynches. I had you as scum. It's your playstyle, so I can't argue against it -- it just struck me as scum in this game.

shrine

Great job as scum. I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but, as I said before, I never suspected you as scum. My biggest problem was your not knowing who CMaR replaced. I chalked it up as just not paying attention, though.

Please, if anyone has opinions on my play (good, bad, or ugly), let's talk about it. In addition, I'd love to hear what everyone has to say about my opinions on you (or others). I can honestly say that this game has been my most favorite of the ones I've played here.
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:55 am

Post by yawetag »

I forgot to mention my N3 predicament. I was worried that there was no way the town could win. The best we could have hoped for, barring a no-kill by one of the scum, was a 1-1-1 situation. When I first thought about it, I chalked it up to a loss to town. No matter who was lynched on that day, town would lose.

It then struck me that the best action would be no lynch. First off, show scum that they also couldn't win during the day -- the best they could do is tie. Then, before the NL went through, start WIFOMing both. Talk about how there would be no way to win if they didn't attack the other scum that night (it's true!). This would cause both scum to kill each other and town would win.

I was hoping that would be the case. However, cdubs flaked and was killed, giving town a much-better chance at winning.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:01 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Holy shit, town dominated this game!

Like, really. That was a pretty damn good performance. Bravo, town.
green shirt thursdays
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Papa Zito »

evilsnail wrote:Papa Zito, thanks for modding! I particularly appreciated all the flavour text. It must have been a lot of work.
It is, but it's fun. It's the style we use on a different forum where I mod.
danakillsu wrote:I loved this game, mod, and I hope I can join another game with you as the mod.
Glad you enjoyed it. I'll probably put myself back in the Open queue soon. So it'll be a while.
Shrinehme wrote:Dr. Zito, could you post it for me?
Yar. http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/ChnaDNschEf
yawetag wrote:Personally, it's not fair for town, even if the modkill is scum.
It's fair because it's applied regardless of alignment. It doesn't matter if you're town, scum, SK, or power role.

Also, anyone who's modkilled in this way is added to the BaM blacklist, so it can't happen again. With that person, at least.

One thing I will do, though, is make sure I announce that I'm using the ruleset before people sign up.
yawetag wrote:There's no way you would place a dead Mason into ANY other spot in the game.
This is a fair point, and one I didn't really consider. I was more relieved to have a replacement and get the game back underway than anything else.

Shrinehme should take that up with farside if he feels strongly about it. No hard feelings from me if he does.
xRECKONERx wrote:Holy shit, town dominated this game!
This is true. Watching everything happen it felt like the town was in control the whole time.
Kappa
Just Monika
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Fate »

yawetag wrote:.
Fate Replacement

In a replacement, I think the only roles that would be allowed to return are ones that have NO other knowledge a simple townie would have. This eliminates any roles that investigate (cops, trackers, watchers), scum, and any group. In effect, I would ask myself one simple question: "Does this player have ANY knowledge that any other player in this game doesn't have WITHOUT QUESTION?"

Yes, I was an un-CCed Mason and Fate was a Mason -- it's a logical replacement. However, it fully cleared my role as a Mason. There's no way you would place a dead Mason into ANY other spot in the game.

For all we know, shrine could have tried to make a CC the next day. It essentially forced the decision to be between shrine and evil, with no way to place any doubt on the third player. It turned a 33% chance into a 50% chance.
I didn't have any extra information replacing in. Everyone at that point knew the other two masons (Fate and Dana) the only thing I knew,
for certain
was that Yawetag was the last mason (aka my new self). I.e. the only thing extra I knew was the knowledge of my new role, which is standard.

Shrine could have countered me, and I would have pointed directly toward that "Danakills trust Cat" post. The argument "well I was a former mason and I know yawetag was a mason with me" shouldn't have held any water. And I wouldn't have used it because I was playing solely from Yawetag's slot.

In different situations the replacement would have been more scandalous. Like if I replaced Cdubs or something.

I think this one was ok because, although you were a not-100% confirmed mason, you were uncountered the day before, and the breadcrumbs were as clear as day. As in, CC'ing wasn't going to happen anyway.

I actually was only about 75% sure about Shrine being the last scum. Evil's "yay town" posts didn't make me feel better, the thing that sealed it was Shrine just giving up at the end. Seriously, it was between you two anyway, didn't you have arguments to convince Yawetag evil was scum?

But yeah Reckon is right. Town did well this game, and it is sad to know we would've lost after only one mislynch, but Fate pulled through in the end with cdubs' no action and we ended up winning.

The situation I was asking about that "has this ever happened before" wasn't dead players replacing back in, but dead players replacing back in to hammer their killers. Bwhhahah
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Fate »

Papa Zito

I never got that N3 PM! Haha. I got killed N1, and I had no idea everyone else had such elaborate PMs just for the night phase. I really enjoyed your modding and flavor. I look forward to non-Open games from you.

Shrine your "QT journals" are hilarious so far.

@Yawe: My only opinion is you gave yourself away as the mason clear as day. That "dana could be a mason let's not forget" in your first post made me worried. I was as surprised as you were that you lasted to the final day. And even more surprised that I was killed N1 (though it wasn't because I was obvmason but because I suspected Shrine).
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Fate »

Oh and I have no problems posting the Mason QT. I deleted my role PM with the link after I died anyway, because, well, I was dead.
Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

Papa Zito wrote:This is a fair point, and one I didn't really consider. I was more relieved to have a replacement and get the game back underway than anything else.

Shrinehme should take that up with farside if he feels strongly about it. No hard feelings from me if he does.
Normally I would have. But it didn't really affect the game here.

All it really did was confirmed Yawetag/Fate as Mason [why else would a former Mason be allowed to replace?]. But everyone already knew he was Mason.

I gave up because there was literally no way to pull anything against EvilSnail, who was on top of both wagons and basically obvtown. I decided it would be cooler to at least die in humor. Or something. <_>
Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

yawetag wrote:
DKU

The biggest problem I saw was referring to me as Cat when giving your trust list. It didn't escape my notice, so I'm almost positive it didn't escape other's. It still surprises me that you were killed that next night.
My QT wrote:Oh my gosh! Discovery!! Discovery!!

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 60#2101560

Look at this! Look at it! Dana used "Cat" which was the original player name, even though Yawetag had posted several times up until that point! How could he "trust" "Cat", who had never posted, HMMMM?

-

!!!

He doesn't genuinely [vanilla-ily townie-ly!] trust him, that's why! He named the person who was in his role PM!

oh my gosh!

-

oh my gosh!

-

KILL HIM GRAAAAAAA
And that's the story of Dana's death. *closes book*
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by yawetag »

Fate wrote:Oh and I have no problems posting the Mason QT. I deleted my role PM with the link after I died anyway, because, well, I was dead.
Barring a complaint in the next few hours from DKU, I'll post it tonight. It's not nearly as hilarious as shrine's, but I feel it's nice to open the book for everyone to read.

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:25 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I feel bad for having to replace out. I know I kinda screwed over my slot, but I needed that mafia break. I didn't replace out because I was screwed. Just wanted to make a point of saying that.

The irony was that I really didn't think Flare was scum...
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by yawetag »

Forgot to give the link for QT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/PHraHVQqAhHn

danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:59 am

Post by danakillsu »

@Dana/Fate: Do you mind if I share the link to our QT?
I don't have a problem with it at all, although it looks like you are already posting it. And yeah, that "Cat" slip was pretty terrible, but let's not forget that my scum-dar was infallible, except when I kind of suggested Tracker as a lynch.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:34 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Open Games”