Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Vi wrote:
-No Decision-
Rhinox
unacceptable. Absolutely UNacceptable.

incant: porkens
its the best I've got right now. Whether or not he really is a newb, theres really no reason to pull out the newb card pre-emptively before he'd even done anything to warrant needing the newb card. Its like he's pre-emptively defending himself. I admit I haven't investigated everyone yet, but I've caught scum doing this before.

p.s. what was wrong with
YELLOW
? I can't read the gold well on mafSepia, but the yellow looked just fine...
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Juls »

Unincant: Rhinox, Incant: Spyrex

Big reason why is that Spyrex is a doublevoter and he was happily going along with the plan to lynch all but two townies and have an insta-win. I think if I was a town double-voter I wouldn't encourage that kind of talk. Also, given the mechanic of this game I think doublevote is a more scummy ability.

(I admit that I have skimmed at best at this point and plan to do a more thorugh read this weekend so if some of this has been explained and I missed it I will correct my thought process in my next post)

Oh...and Rhinox is scum...just gut at this point but I feel I have played with him enough, as both town and scum, that I get a vibe from him.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

:arrow:
Sotty7 (P-7)
~
zoraster
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-

Porkens (P-9)
~
VP Baltar
Rhinox

SpyreX (P-9)
~
Porkens
Juls

VP Baltar (P-10)
~
Jahudo

zoraster (P-10)
~
Jazzmyn

BloodCovenent (P-10)
~ Mighty Orbots
Jazzmyn (P-10)
~
BloodCovenent

SerialClergyman (P-10)
~
Sotty7

Rhinox (P-11)
~
Juls

-No Decision-
Rhinox

-Rhinox has reverted to yellow in spite of it being unreadable on SubSilver.

--At Intensity λ, it will take 11 Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Saturday, January 30, 2010...
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Sotty7 wrote:Serial, why do you still refuse to address the why Porkens stuff? Your vote is on me now, you can explain that now surely.
Seconded. Serial, do you still find porkens scummy? Is it on something that would be good to share now?
Juls wrote:Oh...and Rhinox is scum...just gut at this point but I feel I have played with him enough, as both town and scum, that I get a vibe from him.
That was quick. Did you pick it up by his first post or his second?

And what's all this about wizards and zombies? I thought we were just the darkness in this game :/
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Juls »

Jahudo wrote:That was quick. Did you pick it up by his first post or his second?
Both actually.
Juls
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

incant: Sotty

Spy is town. He wouldn't pull this as Scum or 3rd party. /meta

Worrying about the reporter is silly. And the doublevote fit fine with the slugishness of the game. Spy was giving us something to talk about. obvious.

My newbcards were fair warning, I'm...obvoiusly not a real noob, but w/e.

Sotty's reaction and flailing onto people on his wagon makes me feel comfortable with the vote above.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

To be fair I totally would pull A stunt as scum or third party.

However, a couple questions for one Juls:

1.) If my nefarious scheme was to setup for a "hey lets pick a small group and kill the rest day 1":
--- Why would I blow my cover this early?
--- How would using a doublevote to push it up help? I'd have to get myself in a position where I was one of the cool kids, time it close enough to lynch that I didn't get busted AND blow enough smoke that leaving 3 people left would be A-Ok.

2.) If you are certain Rhinox is scum via :vomit: meta... why in the name of pete are you voting for me?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Porkens »

not so early in day 1 you wouldnt. well maybe. precidence? pics or it didn't happen.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Hai guyz. Did you know zoraster was in this game?

True story.

incant: zoraster
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by SpyreX »

... zoraster IS in this game.

The things you learn.

Yohooo
Show

Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Jahudo wrote:And what's all this about wizards and zombies? I thought we were just the darkness in this game :/
I don't know about wizards, but the zombies bit is a reference to a game that Spy, Serial and I were just in together.

I'm down with,
Incant zoraster
, especially since I know he is posting elsewhere.
Juls wrote:given the mechanic of this game I think doublevote is a more scummy ability.
Explain this please.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Jahudo »

Mighty Orbots wrote:Hai guyz. Did you know zoraster was in this game?
Did you know BloodCovenent was in this game too? It's hard to see his color in tigers tho.

But why unvote him now and switch to another lurker?
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Jahudo wrote:It looks like the Moychandiser role is a cult recruiter, who probably would also have the Marketing ability which looks like a random powerrole enabler. They both have that Spaceballs theme, which is a Mel Brooks spoof of Star Wars.
Thanks. That makes sense, and it conforms to my investi-googling results from which I found that Spaceballs™ is a parody/satire movie that is pretty funny (based on the several short clips I watched), and that the merchandising/moychandizing references in the game thread's OP come from that movie. Clearly, I need more lowbrow humour in my life.

But I still don't get how that movie relates to the rest of the OP or this game overall, so I'm guessing that it's a one-off and that I'm not intended to understand it.

My investi-Googling, however, has not been very successful in figuring out some of the other terms and abilities referenced in the GM's opening post, so I'm still somewhat baffled. And I can't make any sense out of the multiple zombie and wizard references by players either.

So, for now, I think that I just have to accept that I don't get it and treat this game more or less as a normal game and hope that I can figure out the parts I don't understand as the game evolves.

Also, I can't make much sense out of the Sotty7 wagon being as large as it is. She seems to be one of the more active players so far, and I don't see anything with her posts/scumhunting. There isn't much to go on yet, but at least she's actively hunting, which is something I personally find difficult in the early stages of a game, so I'm not going to criticize her for it.

Am I reading the Reporter stuff properly in concluding that a Reporter win =/= a Darkness loss? In other words, a third party whose win does not mean our loss, but a parallel win? If so, then I don't see any harm in Spyrex revealing his doublevote ability as he did when he did.

I'm going to re-read the game this afternoon or tonight, so more later.

Regards,
Jazz
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Rhinox »

Juls wrote:
Jahudo wrote:That was quick. Did you pick it up by his first post or his second?
Both actually.
I suppose I can't blame you for suspecting me since I haven't until now been able to give 100% to this (or any of my other ongoings) game this week. But I can't see how you can call me scum based on meta, when I've barely begun playing. Can you elaborate on your read on me? What have I done that you've seen me do as scum -or- what have I not done that you've seen me do as town? Also, if I'm scum, why are you voting spy?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Juls »

Just a quick post...more later.

Rhinox is scum because I find his town converation to be natural and flow in a normal manner. When he is scum, his interactions feel forced.

Spy, I am not voting Rhinox on meta because I will try to get more evidence of the same before doing so. The reason I voted for you (and to answer your question) is that you were
encouraging
the plan to mass lynch. If I were a doublevoter and town were considering this. I wouldn't "out" myself and say "wait wait...double voter" but I also wouldn't encourage it. I would probably skirt the issue and give it little to no credence.

@VP, the reason I believe double-vote would be more likely to be scum is that it could be used to save a buddy from getting lynched. If there were a tie and both town and scum were going to be lynched, a mafia could double vote under the guise of suspicion on another player instead of it being a direct save of their buddy.

I still need to read more thoroughly but those are my general thoughts.
Juls
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Rhinox »

Rhinox is scum because I find his town converation to be natural and flow in a normal manner. When he is scum, his interactions feel forced.
So what about my posts seems forced to you?
porkens wrote:My newbcards were fair warning, I'm...obvoiusly not a real noob, but w/e.
fair warning for... what exactly if your not a real noob?

Spy, is your double vote passive or active? I.E. do you always double vote, or can you control both votes independantly, change them whenever you like, and apply them to different players?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Porkens »

fair warning for... what exactly if your not a real noob?
fair warning for exactly what I said in those posts.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:51 am

Post by SpyreX »

Juls wrote:Spy, I am not voting Rhinox on meta because I will try to get more evidence of the same before doing so. The reason I voted for you (and to answer your question) is that you were encouraging the plan to mass lynch. If I were a doublevoter and town were considering this. I wouldn't "out" myself and say "wait wait...double voter" but I also wouldn't encourage it. I would probably skirt the issue and give it little to no credence.
Except for I am encouraging multiple lynches - not a mass lynch at this point. IF we end up with a "confirmed" block that's a different story.

And, in the scenario layed out if thats before lylo all I'm doing is guaranteeing my lynch the next day. POWERFUL WIZARDS know better than that.
Rhinox wrote:Spy, is your double vote passive or active? I.E. do you always double vote, or can you control both votes independantly, change them whenever you like, and apply them to different players?
Its on the front page, sheeeeshhhh. But, just to be clear that secret vote stays there this incantation. My other vote is free to move.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Porkens »

Why do you keep saying that in caps? Is it an in-joke that I'm missing?
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:12 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Juls wrote:@VP, the reason I believe double-vote would be more likely to be scum is that it could be used to save a buddy from getting lynched. If there were a tie and both town and scum were going to be lynched, a mafia could double vote under the guise of suspicion on another player instead of it being a direct save of their buddy.
But with the lynch mechanism as it is - i.e. that all players who reach the necessary purge level will die - if there was a tie and both town and scum were going to be purged, doublevoting for a third player wouldn't save the first two from getting purged, it would only potentially cause the third player to be also be purged, wouldn't it?

Regards,
Jazz
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Porkens »

Jazz, that's an interesting idea. However, if the doublevote causes the lynch, then, logically, no one else would have been at the threshold already.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Hello, I've been very busy, sorry for not being here as much.

The reason to vote porkchop was twpfold, firstly he was scummy due to his lack of scumhunting intent, but the more important reasoning was that he would be the most susceptible to early pressure based on his first few posts. He asked if this was a theme game off the bat, which was an odd question given the rule post and the PM invite. He played the 'it could be all too confusing for me' card and talked about using simple scumtells in other games. All in all, the picture he was painting was one of the easiest to test with pressure.

But all in all it's just 4 pages in getting the ball rolling play. I didn't really get to divine much about Porkens because Sotty's question really stood out to me. Her OMGUS-y reply labelling her two voters as scum due to a bizarre protect-and-switch play at all of L-9 was only confirmation that my vote was where it needed to be.
I'm old now.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Porkens »

For the record, the question "Is this a theme game" was supposed to be a joke.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Juls »

Don't let porkens fool you. I watched him nail 2 scum in 2 nights as a town-vigilante once. He is NOT a newb. He's just been away for a while.
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Vi »

As debate continued, everyone couldn't help but notice that the pillar in the center of the room seemed to be waxing larger...
Even though everyone suspected it COULD get much more intense in due time, it already felt too close for comfort...

---

Incantation:

:arrow:
Sotty7 (P-5)
~
zoraster
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-
Porkens

zoraster (P-7)
~
Jazzmyn
, Mighty Orbots,
VP Baltar

Porkens (P-9)
~
VP Baltar
Rhinox

SpyreX (P-9)
~
Porkens
Juls

VP Baltar (P-9)
~
Jahudo

Jazzmyn (P-9)
~
BloodCovenent

SerialClergyman (P-9)
~
Sotty7

BloodCovenent (P-10)
~
Mighty Orbots

--At Intensity κ, it will take
Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Tuesday, February 2, 2010...
---If you have any questions about the references, etc. made in this game's flavor, you *could* just ask...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”