Teleportation Mafia Universe TWO (TOWN WINS)

zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Teleportation Mafia Universe TWO (TOWN WINS)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:28 am

Post by zorastermod »

THIS IS UNIVERSE TWO

THIS UNIVERSE IS NOW CLOSED

Alive in this Universe
  1. Nachomamma8
    Anon

2. Plum
  3. Kise
Dead in this Universe

DocPotter the Town (2) Townie was lynched

Jahudo the Town (2) Townie was killed

Jack the Town (2) Townie was Lynched

VP Baltar
Kairyuu
the Town (2) Townie was killed

fhqwhads the town (2) townie was lynched

Nicodemus the Town (2) Townie was killed

Lowell the Town (2) Townie was lynched

Rhinox the Town (1) Townie was killed

FeFiFoFum
Elmo
the Mafia B Teleporter was lynched

(Number in parentheses only indicates the starting location of the player. Town players win with the town that they die in)

Teleportation Events

Night 1:
Ellibereth has exited this universe
(Link)
Day 1:
Plum has entered this universe
(Link).
Night 2:
Maelyn has exited this universe
(Link).
Night 3:
Rhinox has entered this universe
(Link.)
Day 4:
Starbuck
don_johnson
has exited this universe
(Link.)
Day 4:
springlullaby has exited this universe
(Link.)
Night 4:
DeathRowKitty has exited this universe
(Link.)

Other Events

Day 1: Game Begins
Day 1: Starbuck replaces don_johnson
Day 1: VP Baltar replaces Kairyuu
Day 1: DocPotter was Lynched
Night 1: Jahudo was killed
Day 2: Jack was lynched
Night 2: VP Baltar was killed
Day 4: springlulaby replaces anirmorpher1
Day 4: Nacho replaces Anon
Day 4: Lowell was lynched
Night 4: Rhinox was killed
Day 5: FeFiFoFum was lynched
Last edited by zorastermod on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 37 times in total.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:30 am

Post by zorastermod »

Setup:
Universe 1:
1-shot Mafia A Teleporter
Mafia A Goons x 2
Town 1 Teleporter
Across the Universe Mason
Vanilla Townies x 10

Universe 2:
1-shot Mafia B Teleporter
Mafia B Goons x 2
Town 2 Teleporter
Across the Universe Mason
Vanilla Townies x 10

Teleportation Mafia Rules:
1. You may only speak in the universe you are currently alive in.
2. If at any time a player receives a majority of the vote, they are lynched.
3. Each day has a deadline of 2 weeks. If the deadline is reached, there will be no lynch
4. All nights last precisely 48 hours. Any actions not given within this time will be seen as “no action.”
5. Night begins precisely when the majority vote post falls or the deadline is reached.
6. In the case of a conflict between actions between universes, the universe that exits night first will have all their actions performed first.
7. A mafia’s teleport will be considered to be done the instant the PM is sent.
8. One town may get "ahead" of another town by lynching quickly. This may or may not be helpful.

Clarifications and Corrections:
1. In any given 3 consecutive night choices, a teleporter must have pulled once and teleported twice. So T,T,P,T,T is allowed, but T,T,P,P,T,T is not.
2. Unsuccessful teleports/pulls do not count for the ratio.
3. A town teleporter that is teleported or pulled into the other universe becomes a vanilla townie in that universe and does not retain the powers.
4. Yes, Mafia A and B are different teams and have win conditions that are antithetical to each other if they are in the same universe.
5. A mafia may shoot once per night in either universe they have someone alive in. This means that if Mafia has a person in Universes 1 and 2 and shoots someone on night 3 in universe 1, they cannot shoot someone in night 3 in universe 2. This is true even if one universe gets substantially ahead of the other.
6. The limitation on not being able to teleport someone if they were teleported or pulled the night before is meant to mean as follows: The LAST person to be teleported or pulled into your universe may not be teleported back.
7. Clarification Seven Regarding Simultaneous Night.
8. Teleporters cannot target themselves.
9. Clarification Nine on When a Game is Auto-Won
10. Clarification Nine about how mafia know who to kill.

General Rules:
1. Have fun.
2. All votes should be bolded. Unvotes are unnecessary.
3. Please put your vote at the beginning of a line. Votes in the middle of a line are very annoying and easily missed.
4. Don’t be a jerk. I reserve the right to remove any jerks.
5. I prod by request. You may request a prod at any time on anyone. That person will have 36 hours from when I send the PM to post in a substantive way.
6. All communication with the mod should be bolded.
7. There will be a quicktime for the dead.
8. Once one universe has been won, that game is frozen and the other universe may neither pull from nor teleport to that universe. The teleporter becomes a vanilla townie.
9. All night actions should be submitted to this account (zorastermod). The two mods using this account are Zoraster and Slicey.

Order of Actions:
1. New Teleporter is selected if old one was killed or teleported.
2. Mafia Kill
3. Town Teleporting or Pulling
4. Mafia Teleporting or Pulling
5. New Teleporter is selected if old one was lynched or pulled.

*Note that this means that if a teleporter is killed, their action does not go through that night. Note that this new order now means that the new teleporter will now only be made aware she is the teleporter the next night. So If the teleporter dies on N1, the new teleporter will not be informed until N2.

Selection Method:
1. First, players will be put into their various universes, 15 in each. To do this, I will put players into 5 "pots," 6 players in each pot. Those players I think will drive the game the best, make it the most fun, etc. will be put into pot 1, pot 2 will be filled with the next 6, etc. I will then use random.org to play 3 people from each pot into each universe. For obvious reasons, I will not tell anyone who is in what pot. This will have no bearing on what roles any player receives, but is intended just to make sure that one universe isn't greatly more fun, experienced, etc. than another.
2. Once people are placed into their respective universes, I will use random.org to pair each player with their role.

Role PMs that START the game in Universe 2:

”Town Teleporter”You are the Town 2 Teleporter. You start the game in universe 2 that can be found here. Keep an eye on the other universe as it may come in handy. You can find that here

You have the power to either teleport or pull someone at night. You must pull once for every two teleports, and this can be done in any order (T,P,T - T,T,P - P,T,T).
Teleportation
targets another player in your universe and puts them into the other universe.
Pulling targets
another player in the other universe and puts them into your universe.
You may not teleport or pull someone who was teleported or pulled the previous night.
If you are killed, teleported, pulled or lynched, a random townie will take your place as teleporter. They will have to maintain the 1 pull to 2 teleport ratio.

Win condition: You win when the town that either you are currently in or dead in wins. That town wins when they have eliminated all Mafia within their universe. Once this has happened in a universe, the other universe may neither teleport to or pull from your universe.

Confirm in thread.

”Townie”You are a vanilla townie. You can’t do much except vote to rid your universe of mafia. You start the game in universe 2 that can be found here. Keep an eye on the other universe as it may come in handy. You can find that here.

Beware! You may be teleported to the other universe! If your towns current teleporter is killed, lynched, teleported, or pulled, you may be selected as the new teleporter.

Win condition: You win when the town that either you are currently in or died in wins. That town wins when they have eliminated all Mafia within their universe. Once this has happened in a universe, the other universe may neither teleport to or pull from your universe.

Confirm in thread.

”Across the Universe Mason”You are an Across the Universe Mason. You have a mason partner that starts in the other universe. You start the game in universe 2 that can be found here. Keep an eye on the other universe as it may come in handy. You can find that here.

Beware! You may be teleported to the other universe!

You may talk with your mason partner, day or night. You can find your quick time here: XXXXXX

Win condition: You win when the town that either you are currently in or died in wins. That town wins when they have eliminated all Mafia within their universe. Once this has happened in a universe, the other universe may neither teleport to or pull from your universe.

Confirm in thread.

”Mafia Teleporter”You are the Mafia B 1-shot teleporter. You start the game in universe 2 that can be found here. Keep an eye on the other universe as it may come in handy. You can find that here.

Once during the game, you may teleport a player away at night OR day, but they may only do this once during the game. You may not teleport yourself.
Teleportation
targets a player in your universe and puts them into the other universe.
Pulling targets
a player in the other universe and puts them into your universe.
You may not teleport or pull someone who was teleported or pulled the previous night.

As a member of the Mafia B team, you can talk at any time day or night, even across universes. Your quicktopic is found here: XXXXXXX

At night, your team may choose to shoot one person. You may shoot someone in any universe that your team has a player alive in.

Win condition: You win when your team wins in EITHER universe you are in. You win a universe when you have eliminated all other mafia team members and all townies within that universe.
DOUBLE win condition: You get the very rare and amazing DOUBLE WIN if you manage to achieve victory in BOTH universes. I will automatically nominate any mafia team that manages this for a scummy.

Confirm in thread.

”Mafia Goon”You are the Mafia B Goon. You start the game in universe 2 that can be found here. Keep an eye on the other universe as it may come in handy. You can find that here.

As a member of the Mafia B team, you can talk at any time day or night, even across universes. Your quicktopic is found here: XXXXXXX

At night, your team may choose to shoot one person. You may shoot someone in any universe that your team has a player alive in.

Win condition: You win when your team wins in EITHER universe you are in. You win a universe when you have eliminated all other mafia team members and all townies within that universe.
DOUBLE win condition: You get the very rare and amazing DOUBLE WIN if you manage to achieve victory in BOTH universes. I will automatically nominate any mafia team that manages this for a scummy.

Confirm in thread.
Last edited by zorastermod on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 9 times in total.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:49 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

/unnaturally fast confirm
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:50 am

Post by zorastermod »

This universe is now open.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Nicodemus »

/prosoft

This kind of feels like a "2" universe, know what I mean?

Can we change our name to universe A?

Anyone get the reference?
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:53 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

/confirm

Lets do this.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Ellibereth »

/oh hai der.
FLASH OF GREEN
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by DocPotter »

One of my kids bought me season 1 yesterday. :)

/confirm

Vote Universe 1
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Jahudo »

/confirm
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Anon »

/confirmation
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Jack »

Confirm.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Mod: Are we allowed to quote posts from the other universe?
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Elmo »

/confirm
Nicodemus wrote:Anyone get the reference?
Smells like Futurama, maybe? Been a while...
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Jack »

I vote that this thread be called "UNIVERSE TWO" or something so that they are easier to tell apart.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

/confirm

I almost wish I hadn't pointed out the way to nearly break the setup so that our fearless leader could fix it. Would have been fun to exploit.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by zorastermod »

It would have made for one sad otter.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

As it stands it's still optimal for the teleporters to claim, and then target each other at Night, because we can then force the scumkill on odd Nights. In addition to that, it's best if we attempt to coordinate Nights as much as possible in order for the cross-targetting to be possible. It's nowhere close to broken anymore, as it gives us a net gain of 0 confirmed townies in the long run, but it can be used to force the hand of the scum, especially if the teleporter is someone who would otherwise be a potential lynch target.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Someone from universe one should probably quote that there too so that everyone is sure to see it.
Maelyn
Maelyn
Townie
Maelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Maelyn »

/confirm

I think the thread should be called 'Maelyn! Post here!' Or at least 'Haylen! Post here! But not as yourself!

Bet I get it wrong at least once!

~H~
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

DocPotter wrote:One of my kids bought me season 1 yesterday. :)
Elmo wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:Anyone get the reference?
Smells like Futurama, maybe? Been a while...
Winners of the confirmation stage right here.
Maelyn
Maelyn
Townie
Maelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Maelyn »

Mod! Who's Kairyun? :P
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Maelyn wrote:
Mod! Who's Kairyun? :P
an invention of my bad handwriting.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Oh, and yes. You may quote the other universe. You just may not post in it.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Kairyuu wrote:As it stands it's still optimal for the teleporters to claim, and then target each other at Night, because we can then force the scumkill on odd Nights. In addition to that, it's best if we attempt to coordinate Nights as much as possible in order for the cross-targetting to be possible. It's nowhere close to broken anymore, as it gives us a net gain of 0 confirmed townies in the long run, but it can be used to force the hand of the scum, especially if the teleporter is someone who would otherwise be a potential lynch target.
This is just me trying to verify that I've understood what you've said, so please correct me if I'm wrong:

The idea is that claiming confirms the teleporter as town, and then the mafia are forced to kill that player at night because otherwise there would be a confirmed townie teleporting into our universe, correct? Well, why wouldn't this work every night, instead of every other night? It looks to me as if a new teleporter is picked as soon as the previous one is killed, so why don't the teleporters just claim every day and we'll be able to direct the mafia kill in that manner for the entire game? I'm not sure I see where the "odd Nights" come in for directing the scum kill.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by zorastermod »

Oh, as I do in all my games, I'd like to remind everyone to make sure they read the rules carefully and fully. I do take the rules seriously, and if there's any confusion, I'm more than happy to answer questions, especially when the game is still in pre-game. As the game goes on further, my ability to answer questions becomes more limited as I become afraid my answers may influence the game in way that a mod should not.

This includes, say, rule 6 on conflicts between towns as well as the role pms, both of which could be confusing.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”