SWN II: The Curse of the Nekomata (Game over!)

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:52 am

Post by sykedoc »

Vote the way you feel. I told you up front this is how I act now and that game would only incriminate me. If you get me to L-2 ask for my role and I can make you look silly for crusading.

That being said, either you're not reading, or you're intentionally trying to get people to not read my other posts. Selective quoting without entire context is a no-no.
EBWOP: My last game will only make me look manipulative in this respect. Again, it does nothing to help my case, but if you want to look at it I can't stop you. I just hate looking like a psychopath :p
I spent a lot of time replacing into games and unfortunately the last game I was start to finish in I was killer. Frankly me posting my games won't help you much. I haven't played enough full games to really give you a feel for my playstyle by linking you to them. If i linked you to my last game that would do more to hurt my case than to help it. Feel free to look if you wish.

Regardless I try to play the same way in every game as to not differentiate between different personalities. I can go ahead and link you but since I haven't played in many games that I haven't replaced into, its going to be difficult to find this information, especially since my thoughts have changed (as listed in my wiki).

This is a case of I did warn you ahead of time and you have decided that one game must be the sole deciding factor that I am scum despite this being my normal voice at this point.

I have tried as of late to remain somewhat the same from game to game regardless of my role, this makes it harder to meta me. If you absolutely have to look at the games, at least take this into consideration.

What evidence do you have IN THIS GAME that says I am scum?
You can prove me scum in a game I've already finished but that has no bearing on this game as the sample size is extremely small.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:55 am

Post by sykedoc »

Mod: Its being funky again, please delete my shorter post with the beginning of my longer post.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Anon has found a very nice meta connection. It's stronger than my current vote too, so yeah. . .

unvote
vote: sykedoc

Also, he did not play that way in BM's game, the only other time I played with him.

@sykedoc: If you think I'm playing the same as I did last time then why aren't you voting me? Last time I played with you I was a Godfather.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Kairyuu »

EBWOP:

unvote
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:35 am

Post by sykedoc »

Kairyuu wrote:Anon has found a very nice meta connection. It's stronger than my current vote too, so yeah. . .

unvote

Also, he did not play that way in BM's game, the only other time I played with him.

@sykedoc: If you think I'm playing the same as I did last time then why aren't you voting me? Last time I played with you I was a Godfather.
1) I mean in terms of the way you're speaking. I don't see anything funny.
2) One game is not a "meta connection". One game is a small sample size. In statistics we like to call that inaccurate.
3) Would you like me to give you my role so you two can look like idiots?
Its detrimental to the town if I give my role away right now, but its even more detrimental if I die.
4) Did you read the line that said "as of late" or "recently" because I clearly said that I have RECENTLY changed my D1/D2 tactics.

I DARE YOU TO CHECK MY WIKI.
Check the last time I edited it: Go ahead.

You can vote for me if I'm wrong.
It says "He has recently learned that his D1/D2 tactics should be changed, and thus has changed them."
Check in the edit log. When did I last edit it? AUGUST.

You're simply wrong. I defy you to prove me otherwise.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:38 am

Post by sykedoc »

EBWOP: Significance of August? That was when I played that SK game.
The other game I played in, BM's game, is entirely irrelevant as I was not there for the first two days. I replaced in. Do not attempt to use this against me as it doesn't apply to my
D1 tactics
specifically.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:41 am

Post by sykedoc »

Double EBWOP: Thanks for reminding me you were GF. It slipped my mind. That vote needs to go back then
Vote Kairyuu
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:49 am

Post by DeathNote »

So far all of your posts, syk, spell out one thing for me...

"Fence sitting."

Your trying to hard to please everyone. One moment it is, "I don't want to vote right now because its too early to get reads," but when pressure is applied, you fill out a LoS.

Too me this is simply you trying not to step on anyones toes and with the recent meta brought up against you, I am fine with this vote for now.

Vote: Sykedoc

BTW Data has only played two games with me, this being my third. So your insult of me being a bad mafia player doesn't really strike me as anything but a Random vote. Not to mention, he shot me last time N1 in Nightmares first game simply based on his tunnel of me being a bad player. What I am trying to say is...

Play the freaking game Data and don't assume you know me.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:15 am

Post by sykedoc »

Do not hammer me until you know my role

If people wagon too fast I will not get a chance to say my role and you'll lose a power role.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:18 am

Post by sykedoc »

I still do not see how one game is a large sample size.

You absolutely have nothing beyond this.
Show me something else that proves I am scum.

You have N-o-t-h-i-n-g.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:26 am

Post by sykedoc »

Also: It would seem this wagon is of interest to me.
Death Note, Kairyuu, Anon.

I do not consider LF as wagoning since he voted for me based on another purpose entirely and thus doesn't stand as part of this.

Take a look at a previous vote count:
Parama (3): Kairyuu, Sanhora, Anon
^Two of those three^

See that? Thats about the same correlation you're making.
If you can assume by one game which i played SK that I am scum, I can assume that you two are working together based on that single vote count.

This is how much evidence you have.

By the same values DataDanne should be dead as well as LF said wagoning him worked quite well last game.

You are reffering to a game i played last august.
ALSO: Riddle me this

If I was an SK in that game, would I need to find the mafia?
Abso-freaking-loutely.
Why would it benefit me to not scumhunt unless my playstyle worked in that way.
I was by myself, and working WITH the town was about the best thing that could've been done.
If anything, that should prove to you that I'm not. Including the fact that I very clearly pointed it out before you went and looked at it. Again you seem to be entirely ignoring this every single time I bring it up. Not ONE of you has addressed that fact. Its as if I didn't say it.

If you want to call it fence sitting, and Kairyuu is so kind to bring up the last game, Fence Sitting was what got me endgamed
AS TOWN

You have proven nothing.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:27 am

Post by sykedoc »

EBWOP: The last game I had
with Kairyuu
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:33 am

Post by Pomegranate »

sykedoc wrote:This is a case of I did warn you ahead of time and you have decided that one game must be the sole deciding factor that I am scum despite this being my normal voice at this point.

I have tried as of late to remain somewhat the same from game to game regardless of my role, this makes it harder to meta me. If you absolutely have to look at the games, at least take this into consideration.

What evidence do you have IN THIS GAME that says I am scum?
You can prove me scum in a game I've already finished but that has no bearing on this game as the sample size is extremely small.
What did you warn us of? Did you not want us to look because of the similarity in meta?

It's very hard to do that, and I have seen meta work against some of the best players on the site.

The meta. The sample size is small because of the few games that you have played from D1, it seems.

sykedoc wrote:I DARE YOU TO CHECK MY WIKI.
Check the last time I edited it: Go ahead.

You can vote for me if I'm wrong.
It says "He has recently learned that his D1/D2 tactics should be changed, and thus has changed them."

Well, the problem is that it doesn't look like there's been a change.

Vote: Sykedoc

After my vote, you have 5 votes. There are 25 players. In order to be lynched, you need 13 votes. Why do you hype about getting to L-1?
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:39 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Meta cases are lame.
Eek
!
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:45 am

Post by sykedoc »

What did you warn us of? Did you not want us to look because of the similarity in meta?
I warned you because I was 100% aware this case would be made against me.
The meta. The sample size is small because of the few games that you have played from D1, it seems.
Then my question is how do you know that I play as scum in that particular manner?
That's the point. Every game prior to that SK game I was not performing in that manner. How you could possibly assume that means I only play as scum when doing that is beyond me.
After my vote, you have 5 votes. There are 25 players. In order to be lynched, you need 13 votes. Why do you hype about getting to L-1?[
Because people often let things slip to L-1 VERY QUICKLY. I do not get a chance to role reveal, and you get screwed out of something.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 am

Post by sykedoc »

I'm going to put this game in big flashing lights on my meta so nobody can pull this crap on me again once it's over.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:51 am

Post by sykedoc »

sykedoc wrote:EBWOP: My last game will only make me look manipulative in this respect. Again, it does nothing to help my case, but if you want to look at it I can't stop you. I just hate looking like a psychopath :p
^this. Like i said. I was 100% aware this would happen.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Pomegranate »

sykedoc wrote:
I warned you because I was 100% aware this case would be made against me.
The case was made for good reason.
Then my question is how do you know that I play as scum in that particular manner?
From the game link and quoted provided by Anon? (If you meant something else with your question, please ask. This one seemed too obvious.)
That's the point. Every game prior to that SK game I was not performing in that manner. How you could possibly assume that means I only play as scum when doing that is beyond me.
It's possible that you're not scum, but the meta points in the definite direction that you are. I'm taking the better chance.
After my vote, you have 5 votes. There are 25 players. In order to be lynched, you need 13 votes. Why do you hype about getting to L-1?
Because people often let things slip to L-1 VERY QUICKLY. I do not get a chance to role reveal, and you get screwed out of something.
I'll probably unvote if you get to L-2. Depends if you keep giving scummy answers, and how quickly you get there.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:20 am

Post by sykedoc »

From the game link and quoted provided by Anon? (If you meant something else with your question, please ask. This one seemed too obvious.)
Not what I was asking. If you see someone tapping their foot nervously at a bus station, can you always assume they are late? I don't think you can.
What I'm trying to ask you is... how do you assume I play the same way as I did that game? What about my history points this out to you? I have only taken this course of action in one game.
It's possible that you're not scum, but the meta points in the definite direction that you are. I'm taking the better chance.
Calling one game a meta is a bit overblown.
I'll probably unvote if you get to L-2. Depends if you keep giving scummy answers, and how quickly you get there.
Ty. Its just that I see situations like this where people slam the votee so fast that nobody gets a direct answer.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:31 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

sykedoc wrote:
How many people are in this game? 25. That's 13 to lynch. No deal if you have 5 votes.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:31 am

Post by sykedoc »

Most people in this game seem to be forgetting some things about Metagaming:

1) People are not apt to always do the same thing every time.
Case in point: I was lynched as SK in that game, so clearly what I did is the path to success!

2)"The players that excel at Mafia are able to make their Mafia play mirror their Town play almost identically, therefore neutralizing the ability of others to read their "Meta". "
Case in point: What I'm trying to do with my playstyle at this point. It makes me just as much town as it does scum.

3)Why do you assume there is no grey area? I can fence sit on both sides.
Case in point: Fence sitting got me endgamed as town, as i mentioned before.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:33 am

Post by sykedoc »

animorpherv1 wrote:
sykedoc wrote:
How many people are in this game? 25. That's 13 to lynch. No deal if you have 5 votes.
Did you read? I said that I was saying this as a warning because things tend to go quickly.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:36 am

Post by RayFrost »

unvote, vote: deathnote

My experience, peeps, is that deathnote r teh sux0r along with the fact i don't like his playstyle (along with the other two I did the "policy lynch" thing on).

That's not my reasons for voting dn, though.

He did a bandwagon with a rather weak attempt at creating an original case in order to not seem like bandwagoning. The case on syke is stretching, and DN's is stretching in a way that says scum trying to hide the fact they are bandwagoning.
don't you feel silly now?
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:37 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Sykedoc's "wagon" reeks of a scum.

Undecided between pome, dn or kairyuu.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Thanks for the ninja, RF. Much appreciated.
Eek
!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”