SWN II: The Curse of the Nekomata (Game over!)

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@Fishy:
Fishythefish wrote:
Kairyuu wrote:@Fishy: The problem being that there is no difference between what you say and what I say. By acknowledging that my stance is considered to be pro-town you are also acknowledging that by arguing it I appear pro-town.
Absolutely not. I think that policy lynches are generally considered antitown, and opposing them protown. However, here, it doesn't feel like you are opposing the idea for in-game reasons, but just for the sake of looking protown. Thus I think you are scum trying (and failing) to look protown.
First of all, to oppose it in an attempt to look pro-town would be an in game reason. I fully acknowledge the fact that there is no in game reason for my opposition of the specific proposed policy lynches. I am opposed to policy lynches AS A GENERAL RULE. I don't like them. I've given my reasons why, and I'll not be repeating them. If you consider my arguments wrong, then fine, argue that. Don't tell me that because I have a stance that spans multiple games (I'm pretty sure I pointed out in the endgame of BM's game that I was surprised I hadn't been called out for supporting a policy lynch) that I'm scummy. The info is there. At least read it before you continue to push a null tell.
Fishy wrote:
Kairyuu wrote:The Too Townie fallacy covers cases where a person is suspected because their arguments are supposedly contrived with the purpose of appearing pro-town, which is another way of saying that the person in question is acting pro-town so they must be scum.
I don't know if this is true in the common usage, but it's flat out wrong. If someone doesn't drop any scumtells, that makes them more likely protown. But if I know that someone is deliberately going out of their way to avoid dropping scumtells, I think they are probably more likely scum.
I don't think your arguments are contrived to look protown because they look so protown; they look contrived. The TT fallacy is a red herring here.
You really don't seem to be understanding what you're saying. If someone is going out of their way to avoid dropping scumtells, then guess what they're NOT DROPPING. That's right, by avoiding dropping scumtells on purpose, the person in question is NOT DROPPING SCUMTELLS. There is no way, therefore, to tell the difference between someone who is not dropping scumtells by way of being pro-town, or if they are not dropping scumtells by way of deliberately avoiding dropping scumtells.

That said, I'm not overly bothered by your denial of the fallacy. Generally speaking the person committing the fallacy is either doing it deliberately to provoke a lynch (dangerous, and therefore a poor move) or is completely convinced that they are correct (much more likely, and also much more likely to be done by town). I think your situation is the latter.

@wolframnhart: They apparently both claimed miller (google translator is my friend), which makes me lean more towards believing them. Of the two though, tubby's claim is actually more believable methinks, as it wasn't until he claimed it that SSK mentioned his own millerhood, which I could see as an attempt to keep up the parallel.

@Fishy(again): Are you a miller too? All three of the post restricted players being millers would lend credibility to the parallel methinks.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:30 am

Post by tubby216 »

LlamaFluff wrote:This is really damn annoying

@tubby

Do you get modkilled if you break your PR?
=sim

Do you get a warning if you break your PR?
=não

What is the warning if one exists?
=Não aplicável

What is your role name?
=andarilho perdido em Lisboa

What is the flavor behind your role?
=Estou perdido como eu cheguei aqui eu não tenho idéia, porque eu estou aqui eu não tenho idéia, mas eu sei que eu sou a estrangeira de estar aqui, assim que todos me vejam como culpado, já que ninguém pode me entender. É preconceito e seu estúpido, mas é a maneira que está aqui na terra dos sonhos. parafraseado para evitar modkill

Are there any limitations on quoting?
=não

@SSK - Do not answer any of these untill tubby does.

If someone is faking this BS im going to figure out who

Minhas respostas estão em negrito.

Entretanto i don't like this at all. Se eu pudesse sair da restrição pós eu faria. Citando o tempo todo, vai explodir cabras.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:36 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Sanhora wrote:@Ani
Why ask who a post restriction has when there was a big chance that it would be obvious?
Ask for a post restriction and someone is guaranteed to make one up for you. I'd call that scum. So
FOS: SSK & Tubby

MafiaSSK wrote:
Kairyuu wrote:@SSK: If you're not restricted from posting links, a link to the specific translating website you're using would be rather helpful.
Je utiliser Google Translate.
Shouldn't that be J'ai utiliser?
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:37 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

Anon (1): Pomegranate
Datadanne (1): LlamaFluff
Kairyuu (2): sykedoc, FishytheFish
Nul (2): RayFrost, wolframnhart
Parama (2): Kairyuu, Sanhora
RayFrost (2): animorpherv1, SaintKerrigan
wolframnhart (1): DocPotter
Not voting (14): ace5993, Anon, Bogre, Datadanne, DeathNote, DedicatedScribe, kyle99, MafiaSSK, My Milked Eek, Nul, pman5595, tubby216, xuie77, Parama

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Parama »

Meh, figures policy lynching gets me votes. Whatever.
@ Nul: Why would you even consider voting No Lynch?
@ RayFrost: How am I obv town?
@ Sanhora: What's your reason for voting me?
@ Fishy: Are you also a miller like SSK and tubby claim to be?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Kairyuu wrote:The info is there. At least read it before you continue to push a null tell.
Will do. Again: it's not the fact of your opposition to policy lynches I'm worried about, it's the reasons for you bringing it up.

We are really having different arguments. I am saying that if you know that the motivation for someone to take an action was because they thought it would look protown, they are scummy - and that is what I think is the case here (pending reading those links). You are saying that if someone does something protown, you can't tell what their motivation is, and it certainly isn't a scumtell.

I don't think any sensible version of the TT fallacy makes the statement "Kairyuu did this in order to look town, so he's likely scum" illogical. It's emphatically not the same sentence as "Kairyuu did this thing, it looks town, so he's scum trying to look town".

I'm not a miller.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:34 am

Post by pman5595 »

well, this thread will be hard to understand >.<

no post restriction here thank god. I agree with nul's NL vote being suspicious.

vote: nul
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Having done a quick read through those links, they do nothing to reassure me. Both times, you were talking about a very specific policy lynch/vig (Mastin had claimed Death Miller, Nat SK [though in jest]). Here, you are just airing your opposition to policy lynches in general. I don't find this opposition unbelievable or scummy; I find it odd that you brought it up when you did.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:15 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

animorpherv1 wrote:
Sanhora wrote:@Ani
Why ask who a post restriction has when there was a big chance that it would be obvious?
Ask for a post restriction and someone is guaranteed to make one up for you. I'd call that scum. So
FOS: SSK & Tubby
Mais je dis la vérité

MafiaSSK wrote:
Kairyuu wrote:@SSK: If you're not restricted from posting links, a link to the specific translating website you're using would be rather helpful.
Je utiliser Google Translate.
Shouldn't that be J'ai utiliser?
Je ne sais pas.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:16 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Modérateur,
s'il vous plaît fixer mon prix.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:31 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

It should be:

J'utilise Google Translate.

Ani's little tactic there is a bit off. This is a bastard mad game, I don't think there being post rectrictions is all that suspicious. I'm seeing pushing onto an easy target or two.
Eek
!
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:01 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

SSKs turn to answer my questions
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Anon »

Vote: Parama.

Not random.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:05 am

Post by wolframnhart »

If it is not a random vote, why are you voting him?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:13 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

wolframnhart wrote:If it is not a random vote, why are you voting him?
This.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:23 am

Post by sykedoc »

Unvote Kairyuu

I need some time to think. I just caught up on everything that happened between now and my last post and I'm sufficiently confused.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Parama »

SaintKerrigan wrote:
This.
I would also like to know why you're voting without any reason behind your vote and then claiming it's not random.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Pomegranate »

If it's not random, why aren't you giving reasoning?
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:01 am

Post by DeathNote »

Wow... I have no idea what to say about this post restriction crap. I tried the link but... it doesn't seem to want to pull up for my comp. I have a mac, i don't know if that effects anything.

I am for not lynching on of the post restriction people, at least for right now. The reason is because it draws so much attention. I don't know if scum would want that much attention to fake post restriction so if they are scum, I would like a better reason then something that a bastard mod would place on them.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Anon »

If Im voting someone and I say its not random its obv I have reasons to vote that person over anyone else.

I wanted to find out who would at least try to isolate him and tell me their impressions but since 4 people are already asking without even doing the effort, I guess some explanation and igmeoys are guaranteed.

Basically the only one who has given me bad vibes after these 5 pages. Iso 0 is a policy lynch vote which I think is a slight scumtell but thats debatable. Iso 2 is however a weird unvote for a weak reason (kyle provided a translate add-on).

My question is: why would someone unvote a policy lynch for a null-tell?

Then in iso 3, Parama asks Rayfrost why is he obvtown. I think this question is more likely to be asked from a scum perspective. Townies are not worried when someone reads them as town. As scum however, you can see the motivation of trying to reinforce this wrong perspective. Bonus: Its obvious that if Parama is scum then Ray is less likely scum with him.

Also I have some town reads based on gut: fishy, fluff, tubby.

If there is a miller lying then its ssk, but still nothing scummy from him. I am a firm proponent of lynch only if scummy, so ssk and tubby are forced to play the best protown game of their lives if they want to survive.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:11 am

Post by DeathNote »

Wow... I have no idea what to say about this post restriction crap. I tried the link but... it doesn't seem to want to pull up for my comp. I have a mac, i don't know if that effects anything.

I am for not lynching on of the post restriction people, at least for right now. The reason is because it draws so much attention. I don't know if scum would want that much attention to fake post restriction so if they are scum, I would like a better reason then something that a bastard mod would place on them.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Anon wrote:Then in iso 3, Parama asks Rayfrost why is he obvtown. I think this question is more likely to be asked from a scum perspective. Townies are not worried when someone reads them as town. As scum however, you can see the motivation of trying to reinforce this wrong perspective. Bonus: Its obvious that if Parama is scum then Ray is less likely scum with him.
Actually, I disagree. I think that question is definitely more likely to come from a town perspective, since scum are happy with any town reads that anyone has on them. A Townie would ask because he would care about the motivations of the person who gave the read, unless it was obvious reasoning.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:21 am

Post by DocPotter »

Now I'm perplexed.

Ray states that Parama is obv town for reasons that I can't see, and then Anon states that Parama is most 'scummy' again for reasons that I can't see. They can't both be right can they?

Ok, Anon has given reasons, but I still don't see it.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:21 am

Post by RayFrost »

It's
for now
due to the fact everybody that doesn't do something scummy is temp obv town at the beginning of the game.
don't you feel silly now?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:33 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

sykedoc wrote:
Unvote Kairyuu

I need some time to think. I just caught up on everything that happened between now and my last post and I'm sufficiently confused.
If you are caught up, who do you think is scummy?
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”