SWN II: The Curse of the Nekomata (Game over!)

sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Honestly, syke doesn't seem to be making any sense to me right now. You really have no reads 10 pages into the thread? I even have a few at this point and I'm usually pretty bad on those myself.
Stubbornness to actively not contribute even when called out for it is also making my scumdar go off.
I had "reads" by your definition, but I dont consider it a read until i feel i can substantiate my claim of why someone is scummy
Syke also overreacted to a small number of votes, already worried about a hammer that is several votes away. I don't see a townie being worried about being at L-8 or so.
How many times do I need to repeat myself? I've seen scumwagons hammer faster than you can say "die".
Eek, what makes Pom's case bad? I understand that meta cases are generally weak and would probably agree with you on that, but the case wasn't based solely on syke's scummy meta, but his actions he claims to be justified by his meta

Its based on exactly (1) game out of 8 or 9 other games. Nobody has brought up how any other game except that one game makes me look bad. This is a terrible use of meta.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Parama wrote:Ray, what made you change your policy lynch vote from ace to DeathNote? If you want both of them policy lynched anyways, what has made you decide you want DN lynched even more than ace? (personally if I had to choose between the two I'd pick ace just because of how annoying his posts are to read because of his claimed post restriction :P)
I'm no longer policy lynching DN.

He's scum.
don't you feel silly now?
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Ok I looked at DN and in his 5 posts I don't see how he is scum, i don't even see how he is scummier then datadanne.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Anon »

Wait, wait, wait.

I want the people who are saying sykedoc's case is crap and such, to explain why you dont think he is scummy after:

- Blatant fence-sitting. Typical scum behavior trying to survive only pushing when necessary. (Sykedoc has already behaved like this as scum).

- Refusing to give opinions but when pressured by Llama, ta-dá, a full list of opinions magically emerge of notepad. Guess you didnt want to get fluff angry.

- Overreacting to 5 votes. Really?

- Also, I dont buy the softclaim OH YOU ARE GOING TO BE SO WRONG WHEN YOU LYNCH A POWER ROLE.

Power roles that are at 5 votes and are not even threatened to lynch DONT start screaming they are power roles because that paints a huge target on their asses. Most likely this is a scum appeal to emotion that its even terribly implemented.

The meta case I found is just confirmation of something sykedoc has already done as scum.

We have scum here people.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Anon wrote:Wait, wait, wait.

I want the people who are saying sykedoc's case is crap and such, to explain why you dont think he is scummy after:

- Blatant fence-sitting. Typical scum behavior trying to survive only pushing when necessary. (Sykedoc has already behaved like this as scum).

- Refusing to give opinions but when pressured by Llama, ta-dá, a full list of opinions magically emerge of notepad. Guess you didnt want to get fluff angry.

- Also, I dont buy the softclaim OH YOU ARE GOING TO BE SO WRONG WHEN YOU LYNCH A POWER ROLE.

Power roles that are at 5 votes and are not even threatened to lynch DONT start screaming they are power roles because that paints a huge target on their asses. Most likely this is a scum appeal to emotion that its even terribly implemented.

The meta case I found is just confirmation of something sykedoc has already done as scum.

We have scum here people.
I like how you avoid that I fence sat in plenty of other games. Its just a bad habit, its not a scumtell. Of course, you had no desire to dig deeper than one game, because if you were sly enough with quotes you could manipulate having only one game as proof. I explained my reaction to five votes OVER AND OVER. You just don't care to listen.
The softclaim has a lot to do with the fact that I don't care if I die.

You're far scummier than Kairyuu. You're clearly manipulating the fact that nothing besides a single game of mine supports you. Your claims are weak.

Unvote
Vote Anon
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Personally Anon, I always worry when people say "If you get me to L-2 ask for my role and I can make you look silly for crusading." and "I've seen scumwagons hammer faster than you can say die."

Especially at what, L-8.

Which in my head conflicts with him saying that he's cautious with his votes/reads. I'm kinda cautious although not to the extent that skyedoc seems to be.

Then there was the threat around iso 4 or 5.

Vote skyedoc
Something here feels scummy and I think it's him.

fos NUL, Kyle
2 days, they should have posted again by now.

Ray, your policy lynch idea is starting to look better.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by Anon »

Right, we can add OMGUS to the scumtells listed in my last post.

Sykedoc, then why in HELL didnt you link me to these games where you exhibit this "bad habit"?
Anon wrote:Sykedoc can you link me to some games you've played as town? I'll let you choose the ones that express similar behavior to the way you are playing here.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Anon wrote:Right, we can add OMGUS to the scumtells listed in my last post.

Sykedoc, then why in HELL didnt you link me to these games where you exhibit this "bad habit"?
Anon wrote:Sykedoc can you link me to some games you've played as town? I'll let you choose the ones that express similar behavior to the way you are playing here.
Some are on my wiki. I'm sure you knew that since you clearly dug through my game history anyway. I think if you're going to bring up ONE game, you best be ready to bring up the others. Again, the sample size is FAR too small. Check Mean Mod Lovefest. I was fence sitting and got endgamed. I was town. So your "fence sitting is obvscum" reasoning is completely off base.

Anon. If you are going to look through someone's game history, don't just look at one game. I mean I could probably dig through yours and find something that makes you look bad too. That would be only taking into account one occasion where there are many.

Also just because someone thinks you're scummy doesn't mean its OMGUS.

You've had a vote on me for awhile, it wasn't until just now that I decided to vote you.

"An OMGUS vote means a player vote another player simply because that player voted him - a vote back. "

"OMGUS stands for "Oh My God, You Suck (for voting for me)!". it is sometimes used as a shorthand to indicate that you are voting for someone primarily because they voted for you. "

I clearly gave reasoning for my vote.
You're clearly manipulating the fact that nothing besides a single game of mine supports you.
I like how you avoid that I fence sat in plenty of other games. Its just a bad habit, its not a scumtell. Of course, you had no desire to dig deeper than one game, because if you were sly enough with quotes you could manipulate having only one game as proof. I explained my reaction to five votes OVER AND OVER. You just don't care to listen.
People seem to believe that if you have someone voted, regardless of the reason if they vote you back its OMGUS. Don't attempt to twist this.

If you're diligent enough to look at my games, look at more than one. I defy you to find another example outside of that one game.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Anon wrote:- Refusing to give opinions but when pressured by Llama, ta-dá, a full list of opinions magically emerge of notepad. Guess you didnt want to get fluff angry.
Apeasing a dominant force is a smart tell. Anyways, I got what I wanted out of him. He gave some reads, and just is one of those playstyles (that really bugs me) who never votes.
FoS Anon

Overreacting is not a scumtell. Saying someone is overreacting is a scumtell.

DP lynch should at least have a little steam at this point
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:23 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

I want the people who are saying sykedoc's case is crap and such, to explain why you dont think he is scummy after: [...]
I feel you started with a meta case and then went from there, picking up what seemed like some scumtells when you squint your eyes a bit.

1) you ignore his full meta
2) meta cases are lame
3) your tells aren't really tells
Eek
!
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:39 am

Post by tubby216 »

My Milked Eek wrote:

I want the people who are saying sykedoc's case is crap and such, to explain why you dont think he is scummy after: [...]
I feel you started with a meta case and then went from there, picking up what seemed like some scumtells when you squint your eyes a bit.

1) you ignore his full meta
2) meta cases are lame
3) your tells aren't really tells
Isso, além de se apertar muito. Empurrando um caso de má é scummy.

vote: Anon
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:10 am

Post by Fishythefish »

The initial meta case from Anon is pretty strong for a meta case.

The defense that skye has tried to change his tactics is no defense at all. The defense that the sample size is small is more fair - so far we know that skye has played very similarly indeed to the way he did as SK once. I'd like more examples, but that still makes him more likely scum.

@skye: have you exhibited this caution over d1 reads in completed games as town?
You are currently making statements about your meta - like it's changing rapidly, it's the same as town and scum. We've got no reason to believe those statements. For anyone who has the time on their hands (maybe even me at some point), could you provide links to completed games you have started?

Soft PR claim from skye is fail, but not scummy.

Overall, I think this meta case, as it stands (pending being refuted with evidence by skye or having more added to it) would make a nice little cherry on top of a good case. It makes me marginally more suspicious of skye, but no more than that.

Anon's follow up case sucks. Responding to calls for opinions isn't scummy, overreacting isn't scummy, softclaiming isn't scummy. Fence-sitting at this stage of the game may be a tiny bit scummy, but no more than that. Imo, OMGUS isn't scummy either, but calling people on it and largely ignoring their post is.
@Anon: why did you only look at that game in constructing your case? If you didn't, how do skye's other games fit with your case?

vote:DocPotter
the worst wagoner on a bad wagon.

DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:18 am

Post by DocPotter »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Overreacting is not a scumtell.
Seriously, most of the 'heat' I seem to attract lately is due to me overreacting.

Unvote

I still have a scummy feel from the skyedoc wagon and I honestly thought it was sky himself.
Just have to take a third look.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:48 am

Post by wolframnhart »

@Doc I don't believe Llama was talking about you, he was quoting Anon when he said that, yet you immediately jump off the wagon, even more so you jump off the wagon when Fishy votes you for being the worst wagoner?

unvote, vote DocPotter
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:03 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

DocPotter wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:
Overreacting is not a scumtell.
Seriously, most of the 'heat' I seem to attract lately is due to me overreacting.

Unvote

I still have a scummy feel from the skyedoc wagon and I honestly thought it was sky himself.
Me saying a wagon sucks make you get off it? Awesome.

Why were you voting syke?
Co-host of The USL Show
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:18 am

Post by DeathNote »

FoS: DocPotter

He joins the wagon then hops off just because of one person saying it was a badwagon? A little dodgy, aren't we?

My vote stays on Syk and to those who think it is a bad wagon, please review with me why the wagon started.

Meta wagons suck, yes, but this is not a meta wagon. Syk gained votes because of his attempt to active lurk. He stated early on that he had no reads yet and thus Llama pressured him to actually scum hunt. After a brief debate he finally posted a LoS, not a simply "Such-and-such is scummy" but a List of Suspicion! Thats when pressure rose and the meta case was brought up. Now he spams three posts at a time looking like scum caught on L-1 when he is still has at least 8 more votes to go.

This is my case on Syk, and for the moment, it is the best case.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:48 am

Post by sykedoc »

Now he spams three posts at a time looking like scum caught on L-1 when he is still has at least 8 more votes to go
You'll find I do this a lot anyway. Another bad habit of mine. I can try to tone it down but I can't assure you of this.
@skye: have you exhibited this caution over d1 reads in completed games as town?
You are currently making statements about your meta - like it's changing rapidly, it's the same as town and scum. We've got no reason to believe those statements. For anyone who has the time on their hands (maybe even me at some point), could you provide links to completed games you have started?
I made the statement that I'm trying to make both my plays similar. Its hard to see this because there have been long gaps in my playing time. What I'm trying to say is a single game is barely significant to predict my entire pattern of behavior. Its hard for me to give you examples because I was barely playing games from D1 previously. Though, your case is more fair than I've seen from Anon's case. His case against me feels scummy because it seems like he's trying to manipulate a piece of information. You aren't basing everything on that one piece of info, and I see your point is fair but you should be a bit more worried about people who aren't here at all after posting once or twice than me if you're considering active lurkers.

You seem odd to me. You're being really vague.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:11 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

FoS ace

Stop lurking. You have been on site and my questions are really easy to answer if you arent faking a PR
Co-host of The USL Show
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:53 am

Post by DocPotter »

So sue me for being honest.

DN, three people.

Jumping on a wagon, as you put it, that two people (I think it was) had already left is not wagon jumping. How can it be real wagon jumping to jump on a collapsing wagon? It's me placing a vote where I think there's something scummy. LLama, and MME and Tubby however make me think I voted early, hence unvote and take annother look.

Yes I know most of LLama's post was directed at Anon, but part of Anon's case against Skye is his fence sitting, which is something I know I do early in larges. Same with overreacting, which I seem to do in any game. (Go check if you want. The Troll's post in the Mafia Discussion is partly directed at me for doing just that)

There is someting scummy there with that Skyedoc wagon, or so my gut says. I'm just not sure what yet.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Taking the game back over (thanks Tar!) and doing a vote count.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

Anon (2): sykedoc, tubby216
DeathNote (2): Datadanne, RayFrost
DocPotter (2): LlamaFluff, wolframnhart
Kairyuu (1): Fishythefish
Parama (2): Sanhora, ace5993
RayFrost (2): animorpherv1, SaintKerrigan
sykedoc (3): Anon, Kairyuu, DeathNote
Not voting (11):, Bogre, DedicatedScribe, kyle99, MafiaSSK, My Milked Eek, Nul, pman5595, xuie77, Parama, Pomegranate, DocPotter

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

Count corrected as per post #272 below.

FishytheFish's vote at #261 does not count as he didn't unvote Kairyuu first. Bogre,
Dedicated Scribe
(mistyped his name in the prodding app—my bad), and xuie77 are prodded.
Last edited by StrangerCoug on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

For now, I'm going to
unvote
. In my opinion, none of the cases are really strong enough for me to vote on yet.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Stranger I think you missed my vote on DocPotter SO just in case:

unvote, vote DocPotter

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

wolframnhart wrote:
Stranger I think you missed my vote on DocPotter SO just in case:

unvote, vote DocPotter
What happened was that I put your vote in backwards, i.e. as DocPotter voting you. I'll fix it.

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Bogre »

I'll be catching up here soon...this game has exploded and I've been trying to get up to speed in my other ones first.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”