Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Zang »

Jack-I meant the setup you showed in post 54.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by The Quintastic One »

Zang wrote:Ok, you guys are all crazy.

quintastic one-Although cops investigating townies to prove the inocent can be helpful, investigating mafia is better.
Thank you for at least acknowledging that proving an innocent townie can be helpful. I can accept that and move on much better than "Oh my God you're such an idiot, I can't believe you want to be declared innocent!"
Quintastic one (again)- I don't see why are voting fo sir cyanide, you don't have any real reasons, the only reason you vote for someone is if you think they are scum, not if they do/don't want to play the game.

I will
FoS: quintastic one and sir cyanide

and
HoS: Jack
My other vote was a pure RVS vote. I believe Sir Cyanide is using Ad Hom and attacking the players in general instead of trying to do actual scumhunting. This is probably because he is incapable of playing scum correctly and is too lazy to actually try to create fallacies out of peoples posts. So he goes the easy route and just tries to piss as many people off as possible. I believe his methods are distracting from the game and if not scummy, at the very least he's anti-town and should be lynched or replace out for a more competent player.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Which reminds me, I should do that right.

Unvote,
Vote: Sir Cyanide.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Damnit.
Unvote, Vote: Sir Cyanide
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Zang »

Ok, fair enough, I did not know it was random
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Okee... firstly, some clarification:
I've seen at least once someone using the abbreviation SC for Sir Cyanide. Be warned, we also have StrangerCoug, who name could also be abbreviated to SC. Cyan and Coug are still short and recognizable if neither objects.

On the 'talk' between TQO and Sir Cyanide:
You're both insulting each other. Just drop the personal attacks.

@TQO: Have I made myself clear on why I didn't like the role talk? (Participation itself is not odd, it is the content that was a bit suspicious. I.e.: Talk of doctors, cops, etc.)
Secondly, you mention that Cyan's tactic is to piss off people and is the easy route? If he is deliberately trying to anger others, I don't see how this is anything but null as this doesn't help whatever team he's on.

@Cyan: Jack's point was that you hadn't done any searching for scum, just arguing with TQO. So far, I'd agree. The only thought other than arguing with TQO was that you perceive TQO as town. Who do you believe to be scum, and why?

@Zang: You throw out 2 FoS's, and an HoS. Is there a reason why you're hesitant to vote considering you have three suspects at this point?

@Buttonmen: Anything more to add than just the confusion as to how Jack came to his set-up conclusion? (Which I will admit is odd)

Either way,
Unvote; Vote: Jack
. I feel you started the role-fishing talk and are now hiding behind Sir Cyanide. (Mainly the role-fishing talk though)
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:06 pm

PaltryExcuse wrote:Okee... firstly, some clarification:
I've seen at least once someone using the abbreviation SC for Sir Cyanide. Be warned, we also have StrangerCoug, who name could also be abbreviated to SC. Cyan and Coug are still short and recognizable if neither objects.

On the 'talk' between TQO and Sir Cyanide:
You're both insulting each other. Just drop the personal attacks.

@TQO: Have I made myself clear on why I didn't like the role talk? (Participation itself is not odd, it is the content that was a bit suspicious. I.e.: Talk of doctors, cops, etc.)
Secondly, you mention that Cyan's tactic is to piss off people and is the easy route? If he is deliberately trying to anger others, I don't see how this is anything but null as this doesn't help whatever team he's on.
1) Ok, I'll use Cy or Coug as shortened versions to avoid SC confusion.

2) Gotcha. I'll drop the insults on my part. Sorry.

3) I didn't considerer it rolefishing because I wasn't directly trying to ask anybody to reveal themselves as the doctor I was mentioning. I can go further into my explanation of what I thinks gonna happen, but you already said you don't like all the role talk and I don't want to upset anyone else today.

4) And like I said during my reasoning, even if Cy using Ad Hom wasn't necessarily a scumtell, it's certainly anti-town and I believe both scumminess and anti-townness is worthy of being our lynch today.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Zang »

I'm not voting because I have 3 suspects, I want to narrow it down farther before I vote, only 2 of my 3 suspects can be scum if that. I want to have more solid information before I vote.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Jack »

What posts did I make that had the purpose of finding pro town roles to kill? That is what role fishing is. How do you feel that I am hiding behind Sir cyanide?

As for the set up "conclusion"--
Jack wrote:Oh well, probably not. But I wouldn't be overly afraid of speculation-->the point I'm making.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Well since I'm one of your FoS's I'll bite. Do you have any questions for me or anything else you'd like to know? Doesn't have to be about anything in particular. Could just be generic questions about my gaming philosophy, what I ate for lunch today. I don't care. lol. Just figure I'll try to help you along with the hopes of easing your suspicions of me.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

The Quintastic One wrote:So me purposefully volunteering for the town cop (Jack or not) means I'm scum...despite the fact that if they town cop were to take me up on that offer than I would be proven innocent, and no scum in their right mind would actively want to be investigated and outed on day 2 in the first place.

Which makes me believe that those who are pointing suspicions towards me and going so far as to even vote for me are scum trying to get a lynch so that that's one less cooperative townie to deal with and they can try to strike fear in anyone else who would dare to try and prove their innocence and screw up their late game hijinx.

Therefore

Vote: Strangercoug

FoS: Paltryexcuse

Call it rolefishing all you want. I'm fully willing for the town cop to investigate me. A proven innocent townie is a thousand times more useful than a bunch of townies that you can't trust to be telling the truth.
Your posts indicate that you think it relatively likely that Jack is the cop. That's not something anybody but him should know.
The Quintastic One wrote:To Jack: I haven't put a vote on SC because I don't believe his actions are being scummy at this point.
Am I not quoting you doing so above? I didn't expect to nail scum in the head this early, but you are leading me to believe I've done it.
The Quintastic One wrote:Rofl, you're right Jack. My vote right now IS on just an RVS vote.
I'm reading the post, and it doesn't look like your vote is an RVS vote, and I know that neither is mine.

In other news, everybody needs to calm down. I know this is a game of Mafia, but I did not come in here with the expectation of this thread to be a war zone.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Zang »

If your talking to me, well you did help ease my suscpicons when you previously posted 76, I am still suspicous of you but my main suspects are Jack and cyanide. But you could tell me what you think of jack vs cyanide.( Jack supposedly hissing behind cyanide and paltry accusing him of it) and whateverthoughts you have on the situation.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Zang »

That was at TQO
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Well, Strangercoug does make a good point that I WAS too quick to believe Jack was the cop. I still think he's not bsing, but I was defending him pretty bad without even thinking about it. That's dangerous as he could still easily be scum baiting me and I seem to be the only guy who bought it.

So I'm gonna try to move on and think with a clear head on this one.

The way I see it it's one of two things. Either Jack really is the cop and the Mafia are panicked and now trying to lynch him so that they don't have to worry about nightkilling him. Or two, Jack is scum and tried to fool everybody into thinking he's the cop.

I'm leaning towards the former still, and I don't think Jack is hiding behind Cy. He could easily switch his vote to whoever he finds most scummy, and I don't see him tunneling (especially this early).

Either way, if Jack is the one to get lynched today I'm not convinced that I should participate. Because A) I find Cy to be more of a detriment to the town, scum or not, than Jack. And B) If Jack is lynched and he IS the town cop, that's 3 games in a row I've been in where the town cop was lynched on day 1. lol. I don't think I could live down that shame.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Zang »

Ok, You brought up some interesting points, although I believe Jack is scum, I do not want to risk lynching the cop on day 1, and cyanide is also scummy but if he is not mafia then it would be more of an affordable loss because as you put it he is "more of a detriment to the town than Jack"

unvote

so I will upgrade my fos to
vote:sir cyanide
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Everytime Quin posts, I find him sounding more scummy.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Zang; How do you feel Cyn is hurting town and what do you think of Quins posts?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Zang »

What about him is scummy to you?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Zang »

Well it isn't as much him hurting the town as him not helping the town and Quinn is very strange, I'm not really sure what to think of him(or what you want me to say about him).

I would of put this with my previous post but as you can see they are one min. Apart
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:21 pm

Zang wrote:Ok, You brought up some interesting points, although I believe Jack is scum, I do not want to risk lynching the cop on day 1, and cyanide is also scummy but if he is not mafia then it would be more of an affordable loss because as you put it he is "more of a detriment to the town than Jack"

unvote

so I will upgrade my fos to
vote:sir cyanide

I see it this way. ASSUMING Jack is the cop, he's either gonna be dead by night phase because Scum won't risk letting the cop have a free turn to investigate, or a doctors gonna protect him and we don't have to worry about a night kill for night 1. I don't see the scum throwing a swerve and targeting anybody else but Jack and risk having him really be the cop and ousting them.

So if Jack survives the night, and somebody else takes the kill, I will heavily suspect Jack as being scum.

And to Button-I am assuming Jack is the cop. That said, I am willingly volunteering myself to be investigated by a player who I believe to be the cop. You tell me how that in any earthly way equates a scumtell? I mean, seriously? That's bogus. Please help me understand how that is not bogus.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Oh I see it's not that Quin is scummy, he's just super new.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

The Quintastic One wrote: I see it this way. ASSUMING Jack is the cop, he's either gonna be dead by night phase because Scum won't risk letting the cop have a free turn to investigate, or a doctors gonna protect him and we don't have to worry about a night kill for night 1.
Stop speculating like that now, it doesn't help town at all.
The Quintastic One wrote:So if Jack survives the night, and somebody else takes the kill, I will heavily suspect Jack as being scum.
Logic here is super flawed and full of WIFOM

@Jack:
What do you think of the reactions to your gambit?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Zang »

Well, it is possible that we have another killing role
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by Jack »

TheButtonmen wrote: @Jack:[/b] What do you think of the reactions to your gambit?
It started discussion better than I thought. My top suspect is one of the people who responded :) but I'll sit and watch on that for a while.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Jack, You should vote Quin, Iso him and read his posts revolving around your gambit.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”