Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Jack wrote:Who wants to be investigated tonight?
With your self-vote, I think you should be investigated, but nobody's dine anything scummy yet. Self-voting in the RVS is null; after that, I generally find it scummy.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by The Quintastic One »

Pick me false early claiming cop-sir! lol.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by Jack »

One side stepping no comment, and one joking yes. Is there anyone who will admit to seriously wanting to be investigated?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Zang »

Sure, why not?
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:59 pm

If you're seriously claiming to be a cop, then a volunteer investigation won't do you any good in the first place. Because you would of just outed yourself and the Mafia would be killing you on Night One without you having a chance to validate if your investigation is scum or not. lol.

Unless of course we have a doctor, in which case you would be the obvious target for protection from said doctor and huzzah! We would have some healthy investigating going on.

So cheah, go ahead and investigate me if you need a target. I'd love to get an early town read to help verify my innocence so I'm not constantly under suspicion.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

I would be glad to be investigated . . . Jack, this is an interesting gambit . . . not entirely sure what you're doing, but w.e.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm pretty sure he's probably confident there's a town doctor. Either that or he's completely false claiming to be the sacrifice for the night kill so that the real cop has an actual chance to investigate. I dunno, but it certainly spices up the game quite a bit early on!
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Ya, I'm not liking this role talk so early in the day at all. I'm torn whether to vote for the cause (Jack) or the one I feel is potentially doing the most damage by their hypothetical talk (Quintastic One).
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by cruelty »

Oops, I'm here.

vote: SC[/quote] (RVS)

Weird little scenario right at the start of the game here. Not really much to say about it, tend to with Quintastic (31) in the event of a serious claim. We'll see how this develops though.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by cruelty »

Apparently I'm the designated village idiot this game.
the nexus of the crisis
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by Jack »

Ok...follow up question to those who answered. If you are innocent, why would you want the cop to waste an investigation on you? Trying to prove you aren't scared makes sense for the mafia...
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Vote: this newb forum which fucks up my posting
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Jack wrote:Ok...follow up question to those who answered. If you are innocent, why would you want the cop to waste an investigation on you? Trying to prove you aren't scared makes sense for the mafia...
Cop investigating town isn't a waste at all, your logic is quite flawed. And people a confirmed town means your arguments carry much more weight and forces the mafia to waste kills on VT's rather then power role hunting.

Also these fourms appear to be powered by 2 hamsters in a broken wheel.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:27 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

SIR CYANIDE wrote:
But if we lynch one of the hamsters powering this fourm it gets 50% worse!
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:42 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

TheButtonmen wrote:
SIR CYANIDE wrote:
But if we lynch one of the hamsters powering this fourm it gets 50% worse!
Are you defending this forum? Are you perhaps part of this?

Very suspicious...
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:54 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

The Quintastic One wrote:If you're seriously claiming to be a cop, then a volunteer investigation won't do you any good in the first place. Because you would of just outed yourself and the Mafia would be killing you on Night One without you having a chance to validate if your investigation is scum or not. lol.

Unless of course we have a doctor, in which case you would be the obvious target for protection from said doctor and huzzah! We would have some healthy investigating going on.

So cheah, go ahead and investigate me if you need a target. I'd love to get an early town read to help verify my innocence so I'm not constantly under suspicion.
It's Page 2 and you're already rolefishing? Gee whiz, that's a record.

Unvote: PaltryExcuse
Vote: The Quintastic One

Jack wrote:Ok...follow up question to those who answered. If you are innocent, why would you want the cop to waste an investigation on you? Trying to prove you aren't scared makes sense for the mafia...
What you mention here is true, but I have a scummy meta and the cop, if any, might not be able to get a good read on me.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:55 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 1:

Jack - (2) - ConfidAnon, Jack
PaltryExcuse - (1) - StrangerCoug
Zhero - (1) - The Quintastic One
ConfidAnon - (1) - Zang
Zang - (1) - Vivi57
StrangerCoug - (1) - PaltryExcuse
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:44 am

Post by AGar »

I'm here.

Vote: Vivi57

Because you ignored my question and if you're the same Vivi57 I play with on TL, consider this a meta vote :P

Re: Jack's claim - interesting. Not a single person has brought up the possibility of him being mafia, which disturbs me a bit.

Hi Cruelty!
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Jack »

TheButtonmen wrote:
Cop investigating town isn't a waste at all, your logic is quite flawed. And people a confirmed town means your arguments carry much more weight and forces the mafia to waste kills on VT's rather then power role hunting.
First of all that isn't logic, it's just a statement. Now, you propose three reasons why an innocent would want to be investigated:

1) it isn't a waste "at all"
2) your arguments carry more weight
3) the mafia will then have to kill you rather than try and kill a power role

There are many problems with these reasons.

1)
Investigations are opportunities. To waste an opportunity is to not make best use of it. Innocent results have some use to the cop, but she doesn't go around investigating people he thinks are innocent does she? When you say it isn't a waste at all, you imply that getting a guilty result is no better than getting an innocent result.

2)
Selfish reasoning, which innocent's should avoid. Also relies on two assumptions: a) it is known that you have been investigated and b) you have a clue what is going on. Even if those two are met, people are quite willing to discard the arguments of a known innocent if they disagree with them, godfather roles are always possible, and the claimed cop's arguments will hold more weight.

3)
Why exactly will they have to kill you? They might choose to knock off the known innocents in order to help themselves in endgame, but that again assumes that investigation results have been revealed. But that is in no way a comparable benefit to getting a guilty result on a mafioso and lynching them.

You do make one good point, unintentionally: a townie might not have thought things through when they asked to be investigated. But of course, that is why I asked what their reasons were.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Zhero »

/confirm
Jack wrote: Ok...follow up question to those who answered. If you are innocent, why would you want the cop to waste an investigation on you? Trying to prove you aren't scared makes sense for the mafia...
That's pretty WIFOMy there.. seems like if they say yes they have something to prove, if they say no they have something to hide.
AGar wrote: Re: Jack's claim - interesting. Not a single person has brought up the possibility of him being mafia, which disturbs me a bit.
I'm more concerned that people seem to think he's actually claiming cop.
-Zhero
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Jack »

[quote=Zhero]
That's pretty WIFOMy there.. seems like if they say yes they have something to prove, if they say no they have something to hide. [/quote]

Saying something is not a requirement.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:27 am

So me purposefully volunteering for the town cop (Jack or not) means I'm scum...despite the fact that if they town cop were to take me up on that offer than I would be proven innocent, and no scum in their right mind would actively want to be investigated and outed on day 2 in the first place.

Which makes me believe that those who are pointing suspicions towards me and going so far as to even vote for me are scum trying to get a lynch so that that's one less cooperative townie to deal with and they can try to strike fear in anyone else who would dare to try and prove their innocence and screw up their late game hijinx.

Therefore

Vote: Strangercoug

FoS: Paltryexcuse

Call it rolefishing all you want. I'm fully willing for the town cop to investigate me. A proven innocent townie is a thousand times more useful than a bunch of townies that you can't trust to be telling the truth.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:57 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Firstly, @Jack: Drop the cop talk. It has started conversation, (which is good), but it has started rolefishing type conversation, (which is bad). Drop it, drop it, drop it.
The Quintastic One wrote:So me purposefully volunteering for the town cop (Jack or not) means I'm scum...despite the fact that if they town cop were to take me up on that offer than I would be proven innocent, and no scum in their right mind would actively want to be investigated and outed on day 2 in the first place.

Which makes me believe that those who are pointing suspicions towards me and going so far as to even vote for me are scum trying to get a lynch so that that's one less cooperative townie to deal with and they can try to strike fear in anyone else who would dare to try and prove their innocence and screw up their late game hijinx.

Therefore

Vote: Strangercoug

FoS: Paltryexcuse

Call it rolefishing all you want. I'm fully willing for the town cop to investigate me. A proven innocent townie is a thousand times more useful than a bunch of townies that you can't trust to be telling the truth.
It's not that you're co-operating. It's what you are saying. Don't misinterpret what has been said by others. This talk is what I don't like, and in my post I also mention that my vote could go towards Jack at this point for him starting this line of thinking. And if I think it`s rolefishing, that`s not exactly a good thing. Saying you`re co-operating for town and anyone casting a finger at your direction must be scummy themselves is illogical. Town suspects town. Town suspects scum. Scum `suspects` town. Scum `suspects` scum. Just because someone doesn`t like what you have posted doesn`t make them scummy.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:03 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Does not make sense. The least a cop can get as a result is 'townie', the best he can get is 'scum'. You would not want him to investigate you if you were town.

If I made sense of the roles (as I stated before, this is my first game without the most basic newbie roles so I'm pretty confused atm with all the new info), the only worse scenarios that could occur would be if the cop investigated a Miller or a Godfather, so the only reason you would want to be investigated by a cop would be if you were the Godfather, I think (miller would be detrimental to your faction).

If you are town you would want him to invest another person, because it decreases the odds (-1 town player) of the cop investigating town and that's what you want, no?

Someone tell me if I missed something.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:43 am

I'm still not following any of your guys' logic.

I am town, I know I am town. If a cop were to investigate me then I wouldd be verified as town. And yet the ONLY true rebuttal to this case is that I could be the Godfather? Sounds like you guys are more trying to undermine the effectiveness of a cop by saying that even if he gets an innocent reading it's just the Godfather so we shouldn't listen to the cop.

That's scum talk, and you're looking all the more scummy the more you keep trying to insist that it's better that innocent townies remain suspicious while scum continue to twist everyone's arguments around.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”