kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Gah, TNM, I decided to not hide Night 1 because I guessed I wouldn't seem pro-town enough to kill off. Didn't even consider an SK.
Welcome to the Network.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

OK, so now that both games are over, I can finally say it. I was in a hugely awkward situation in that I was in 2 games simultaneously that included me, WNH, and peanut. In this one, peanut and I were scum together, against WNH town. In the other, WNH and I were scum together, against peanut town. You have
no idea
how awkward that was, but I think we all managed to keep the games separate.

The town did not do much to help themselves this game. Panzer, you had no need to self-hammer. You easily could have worked your way out of that, I think. Phate & Light-kun, I really don't understand why you went for the mass hypo-claim. I'm not really sure how much that helps town. Of course, the fact that Tracker flipped late did not help. lobster and DocP, I really don't think that name analysis is the way to go in most games, especially given that most mods do provide good fakeclaims.

BaB, I want to apologize for NK-ing you night 1. Tactically, it was the right move, and in all honesty I'd do it again, but that kind of behavior doesn't encourage people to replace in. I hope that it doesn't make you think twice about replacing into games.

TNM, you absolutely should have NK-ed me last night. As you said, since peanut-ToD was an unlikely pairing, I would have to be scum with one of them. TNM, did you have perks as an SK? I was pretty convinced that you likely were NK-immune, which could have put us in a really awkward position depending on how things turned out.

Thanks to peanut, for being a solid teammate. I think we managed to avoid looking too partner-y, until the end, at which point it didn't matter all that much. Do people want to see the QT? peanut, do you mind?

Also, thanks to RBT for modding a good game. I don't have any problems with the provided fakeclaims :}
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

DocPotter wrote:RBT dropped the ball there then, which is sad.
I ran out of books at that point. That said, the fakeclaims provided were actually characters from the LGB series as I actually had picked these out from the books I have in my library from when I was a child. That said, I'm putting my more official mod notes up in a bit.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

totallynotmafia wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:The thing I noticed most about TNM is his quickly changing his mind, quite often throughout the game. I definitely read his play as scum, and I agree that SK is pretty likely.
I thought you were saying before it was just as likely I was scum as SK, changed your mind after nobody took the bait?
By the way, you totally caught me :oops:
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Well, it wasn't a biggie, but it was just enough different to stand out and any flavour claim that stands out as different is not good.
RBT, did anyone review the game? Just asking as sometimes a second set of eyes can spot things that might stand out.

Mackavity, that's a problem you'll have as long as you play here, and no doubt you'll stuff it up occasionally.

A fun game, thanks RBT. Have you considered running it as a large? There are over 500 titles from memory.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

*shoots himself in the head*

Yeah. MacavityLock did a good job as scum.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:09 am

Post by peanutman »

Well, I think we had a fairly easy going of it early on, with PJ self-hammering and Phlight's fake-results. Add to that an SK killing every night and we didn't have to survive as many day lynches. The only really threatening part this whole game was Doc being convinced of our roles been fake. Doc, you could have turned this around if you had tried to build a case on either of us, rather than just pursuing that one logic? Finally, as you can see in the scum QT, Mac and I were trying to think up the different possible scenarios heading to endgame. That's why I was really anxious to see the day start, if TNM had picked Mac or not.

Good playing MacavityLock, definitely an excellent scum-partner!
Thanks Riceballtail for modding, and your fakeclaims were fine IMO.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:12 am

Post by Riceballtail »

DocPotter wrote:RBT, did anyone review the game? Just asking as sometimes a second set of eyes can spot things that might stand out.
A fun game, thanks RBT. Have you considered running it as a large? There are over 500 titles from memory.
Yes, it was reviewed by Max. He thought I had significantly underpowered the town, and a lot of potentially negative roles became VTs. I remember having a voteless townie, a hated townie, and a politician all in this game at some point.

Poky little puppy - VT
(Beloved Princess)

Shy little kitten - Hider
Saggy Baggy Elephant - VT
(Immobilizer (Player cannot vote))

Tawny Scrawny Lion - VT
(Voteless Townie)

Little Duck - VT
(Hated Townie)

Curious Little Kitten - Tracker
Country Mouse - Mason
City Mouse - Mason
Little Red Hen - VT
(Politician)

Tootle - Scum - Untrackable
Scuffy - Scum - Bulletproof
Little Girl (Sleepy Story) - SK (NK Immune only)

The struck-through roles were the original setup, as I was trying to make this a vanilla-free game at the start.

As for question 2, perhaps, but my next modded game will probably be inventor mafia 2, and hopefully with enough interest that a large will be feasible.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Night Actions:

N1:
Kunkstar - No Action (dies)
TNM - Kill Kunkstar
Bridges - Track Kunkstar (dies)
ML - Kill Bridges

N2:
TNM - Kill Dramonic
Mac - Kill Wolframnhart

N3:
TNM - Kill Trumpet of Doom
Mac - Kill StrangerCoug
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:25 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Overall, I was disappointed in the town's play. With a self-hammer and the amount of tunneling that happened, the town managed to secure themselves into bad lynches. I would have hoped that you would check that two NK's means you have to make your lynches important. D3 was the crucial lynch because you were in MyLo, depending on the NK situation. It wasn't based on liklihood of scum, and moreso a bad idea, watching it be perpetuated to scum levels.

TNM's claim surprised me, because I would have figured that he was obviously an SK for his N1 kill. Lynching him D2 would have bought the town another day. Same would be true of killing scum N3.

Overall the game was fun to read along with, and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves while playing. Scum did a great job of blending in, regardless of their disadvantaged two members. Thanks for playing, and look out for Inventor Mafia 2, coming to a large theme queue near you soon! :D
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

MacavityLock wrote: BaB, I want to apologize for NK-ing you night 1. Tactically, it was the right move, and in all honesty I'd do it again, but that kind of behavior doesn't encourage people to replace in. I hope that it doesn't make you think twice about replacing into games.
Why exactly was it the tactical move?

And it's okay. In the future, as soon as you decided on night killing the replacement you should have messaged the mod to tell me. If you're going to nightkill the replacement, try to inform the mod of so 1 or 2 days into the night if possible.

Also, I had one main note as I read through the game before replacing in:
"MacavityLock is scum."

Goshdarnnnn
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

Just for reference here is the first message I sent to the mod after recieving my role pm:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
Riceballtail wrote: Sold.

Your PM:

Thanks for replacing Limerickx!

You are Curious Little Kitten (Tracker)

At night, you may PM me the name of a person you wish to follow for the night.

For now,
I'm tracking MacavityLock, but it's a bad idea because he probably won't commit the scumkill
and then I'll have no information.

I'll send you back with a different target, soon, probably.

Also, if I'm role blocked, will I be notified of the role block, or will I simply get a (potentially false) "X didn't target anyone" result?
Killing me ended up being a really good move for scum.

I ended up switching my tracking because I didn't think you would perform the nightkill.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by peanutman »

@BaB, you can check the scum QT (in my earlier post) as for the rationale, but in summary, we chose you because Limerickx had played fairly well without any real suspicion, yet Phlight struck us as the most likely to be doc-protected so we chose our 2nd target. Also, with you being new and all, if we could avoid adding a new element to the game, given that we had escaped the first day without really any suspicion, it was best for us. Turns out we were right, because you had suspected Mac, and you could have caused trouble. Also, regarding your tracking of him, it wouldn't have worked because he was untrackable.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:29 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

kunkstar7 wrote:Gah, TNM, I decided to not hide Night 1 because I guessed I wouldn't seem pro-town enough to kill off. Didn't even consider an SK.
You were pretty much doomed from the start because I was nervous about playing two games with you at the same time, plus you were on my wagon so if you flipped scum that would reduce suspicion on me, and also from your limited posts I thought you may be a cop so yeah there were just too many reasons to shoot you.
MacavityLock wrote:By the way, you totally caught me
Yeah, too bad I have an uncanny knack for finding excuses for mafia but pursue town relentlessly until the bitter end!
RBT wrote:TNM's claim surprised me, because I would have figured that he was obviously an SK for his N1 kill. Lynching him D2 would have bought the town another day. Same would be true of killing scum N3.
Yeah I was really debating claiming vig or just plain townie (at one stage I really wanted to claim Sk and go BWAHAHAHA THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!) but seeing as I had a decent amount of suspicion on me from my quick change to PJ (which I posted while drunk btw, I couldn't use that excuse in game though because I had taken the time to spell everything correctly) I figured vig was the best claim seeing as that way nobody could lynch me and I could hopefully NK my way to victory.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:37 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”