Nomic III--We're Open for Business!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
MishMashHydra
MishMashHydra
Watcher
MishMashHydra
Watcher
Watcher

Nomic III--We're Open for Business!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by MishMashHydra »

Nomic III

This game is based on Nomic. Our first game can be found here. Our second game can be found here. I am, however, making a few changes. In this game, you are in control of what happens, how it happens, when it happens, and how you win. There are a set of golden rules and silver rules below that govern how rules are created and other miscellaneous bookkeeping but the rest is up to you.

The Golden Rules

GR1.
No rule will require moderator action in shorter duration than 48 hours. In other words, I will update at least every 48 hours and a rule cannot require me to make updates in less than 48 hours.

GR2.
I am the moderator. What I say goes. You can and will be modikilled if I feel you are ruining or distracting from the game. But you would have to do a lot to get modkilled.

GR3.
The moderator reserves the right to veto rules that make it impossible or extremely difficult for me to moderate the game and verify its results.

GR4.
The moderator may expand on rules to create a obtainable result (e.g. if factions are to be formed, the moderator will facilitate the assigning of said factions). I also reserve the right to add Golden Rules if there is anything that has been neglected.

GR5.
- Whenever there is a protest with a moderators ruling, any player may protest. The player has exactly 1 post to post
Prostest Moderator's Decision
and make their case. The moderator will randomly choose three uninvolved players to make a ruling.

GR6.
Rules are proposed by sending the moderator a PM with your proposal. The mod will then post the rule in the topic to be voted on. Votes are cast by typing
Yea - P<#>
or
Nay - P<#>
in this thread. Proposals to revoke rules in play are handled the same way.

GR7.
Any rule that is proposed will adopt the highest level of voting associated with the rule (e.g. if a rule changes a golden rule and a silver rule it will require unanimous consent to pass).

GR8.
No player is allowed to edit a vote after it is cast. If a mistake is made, the player must use an Edit by way of post (EBWOP) to make changes to votes. Unless explicitly resricted by any other rule, players may edit other parts of their posts.

GR9.
Golden Rules may not be changed. Golden rules can be added by a unanimous vote but once a golden rule becomes a rule it will remain a rule for the rest of the game.

GR10.
Silver rules can be added, changed, and deleted, by a vote of 2/3 majority + 1.

GR11.
Golden rules and Silver rules do not count toward any rule limitations.

GR12.
The game will continue until there is a single winner. Rules resulting in a tie will require the remaining participants to come to an agreement (via proposing another rule) of a winner.

GR13.
When a player makes use of the provisions in GR5 to protest a decision, he or she is permitted to make mulitple posts related to the protest, but only the original protesting post shall be used for moderating purposes relevant to GR5.

Silver Rules

SR1.
A proposed rule must reach a 50% + 1 vote majority of yay votes before it is added to the rule set. Every player has exactly one yay or nay vote. It is assumed that the person who proposes the rule has submitted a yay vote for the rule.
SR2.
Once a rule is officially added to the proposal list, it will stay there for a period of one week before it is removed from consideration. However, rules may be reproposed.
SR3.
There shall never exceed a maximum of 25 rules at any time during the game.

SR4.
When two rules contradict, the rule with the lower rule number takes priority.
SR5.
If a rule is repealed, the effects of the rule remain in effect unless the effect no longer makes sense in context of the game.
SR7.
The moderator may propose rules but does not get a vote.

Players

yabbaguy (4 Points)
Cobalt (4 Points)
malthusis (4 Points)
Fuzzyman (4 Points)
animorpherv1 (4 Points)
bird1111 (4 Points)
chenhsi (4 Points)
ShadowLurker (4 Points)
yawetag (4 Points)
Caine (4 Points)
Max (4 Points)

Eliminated Players

RayFrost (0 Points)
kpaca (0 Points)
xelada (0 Points)
Neopi (0 Points)
Last edited by MishMashHydra on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:35 am, edited 26 times in total.
MishMashHydra
MishMashHydra
Watcher
MishMashHydra
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by MishMashHydra »

Active Proposals

7 to pass/fail
9 to pass Silver Rule
11 to pass Golden Rule

[mrow]Proposal[col]Author[col]Yeas[col]Nays[col]Expires P72. If any player has a negative amount of points at any time, they are kicked out of this Nomic and auto-lose.[col]malthusis[col](5) malthusis, yabbaguy, animorpherv1, ShadowLurker, yawetag[col](5) bird1111, chenhsi, Max, Cobalt, Max[col]31 Jan 10:10pm GMT P76. A player cannot win the game, vote, or submit proposals (anonymously or otherwise) if they have negative points. If the player meets a win condition while having negative points, they do not actually win unless they get up to 0 or more points while still meeting the win condition.[col]bird1111[col](4) bird1111, Cobalt, yabbaguy, animorpherv1[col](5) malthusis, chenhsi, yawetag, ShadowLurker, Max[col]3 Feb 2010 6:17pm GMT P84. In situations where a player ("lyncher") attempts to have another player ("lynched") removed from the game due to a violation of the rules, and such attempt is denied by the Moderator, the lyncher will be immediately removed from the game. If the lyncher's original attempt was successful and the lynched is reinstated to the game through a protest that is upheld, the lyncher will be immediately removed from the game.[col]yawetag[col](1) yawetag[col](0)[col]4 Feb 2010 12:48pm
Last edited by MishMashHydra on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:34 am, edited 50 times in total.
MishMashHydra
MishMashHydra
Watcher
MishMashHydra
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by MishMashHydra »

RULES

Once 15 people have signed up, no one else can join this game.
Every player must post at least once every 3 days (72 hours) excluding weekends. If they fail to post within that period of time, without notifying that they are V/LA, they get modkilled and auto-lose.
Silver Rule 3 is abolished.
Once you lose, you man NOT reenter Nomic III.
Every player (does not include moderator) may request a rule to be listed without their name in the "Author" column. This request must be included with the original rule proposal.
When placing a Proposal on the board, the moderator has the right to correct any spelling or grammar errors that are found. They may also correct any errors pointed out after placing the Proposal on the board if stated in a subsequent post. Any player has the ability to demand the moderator post the original Proposal with required proof to verify authenticity.
Anonymous proposals shall be limited to one per person at one time after this rule is passed.
In the player list on the opening post, the moderator will keep a running tally of every player's points. Each player begins with 0 points, as does any new player who enters the game.
After a proposal fails, the same proposal, or any proposal with the same effect, may not be reproposed within a week.
Any rules which either eliminate a player or declare a player victorious must be made unanimously excluding that player's vote. If a rule eliminates multiple players directly (i.e. listing players to eliminate etc.) then the rule cannot be passed.
A proposal's author who has been hidden due to rule 5 can be revealed by getting a 2/3rds +1 majority of people voting to do so. The format to do this is
Reveal Author of PXX.

At the passing of this proposal, everyone gains 4 points.
During the course of the game of Nomic, players may propose minigames to play. Each of these (if passed) will last no more then a week. The winner(s) gain a point while the losers (if not specifically mentioned in the game proposal, are the people who who don't win) lose a point.
Last edited by MishMashHydra on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:18 am, edited 16 times in total.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

/in
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Cobalt »

/in
hatersgonnahate.gif
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:05 am

Post by malthusis »

/in
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:14 am

Post by malthusis »

Proposal 1

Once 15 people have signed up, no one else can join this game.

PM it and you're good.--Mod
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:22 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Ever since Nomic II, proposals are PMed.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

/In

I intend to support malthusis's proposition, should it be brought to the floor correctly.

EDIT: However, I would like to say that if I had control of it, I would propose it as a Silver Rule.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:33 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

/in
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:38 am

Post by bird1111 »

/in
MishMashHydra
MishMashHydra
Watcher
MishMashHydra
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:56 am

Post by MishMashHydra »

New Proposals

[mrow]Proposal[col]Author[col]Yeas[col]Nays[col]Expires P1. "Yay" is no longer a valid way to vote in favor of a proposal, as it does no justice to Yea's proper spelling. If a player votes "Yay" on a proposal, the vote is simply disregarded, and the moderator will notify the offending player regarding the fact that the vote was not counted as soon as possible. [col]yabbaguy[col](0)[col](0)[col]10 Jan 2010 3:44 pm GMT P2. Each player may only have three proposals being voted on at any time. If a player makes proposals such that they have more than three being voted on at any time, the extra proposals will simply be disregarded.[col]yabbaguy[col](0)[col](0)[col]10 Jan 2010 3:44 pm GMT
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:00 am

Post by bird1111 »

What is the purpose of those proposals? Both of them seem pointless to me, one especially.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

Nay - P2

I favor a stricter restriction whereby only three proposals by any combination of authors may be voted on at any time. I will immediately propose such a rule.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:08 am

Post by bird1111 »

Why? What's the benefit of limiting the number of proposals?
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

To declutter the thread when looking for voting histories, slow down the game for less active people, and make it easier for the mod.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:13 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I basically don't want to overload the rules. Or otherwise, let's strike that one rule that has the 25 rule limit first so that we don't want overload the ruleset. Also saves reading.

P1 is up there because I was pissed off at this grammatical fallacy last game. It's sentimental.

But I disagree with Fuzzy's soon-to-be proposal. Excessive proposal queueing is just gonna piss everyone off.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:17 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote: Nay P1
as that isn't a problem for me

Going to reread the other two games and see how they went before deciding on P2 and Fuzzyman's proposals.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:28 am

Post by bird1111 »

Nay: P2

Rereading the first game leads me to believe that this isn't that much of an issue.
MishMashHydra
MishMashHydra
Watcher
MishMashHydra
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:37 am

Post by MishMashHydra »

[mrow]Proposal[col]Author[col]Yeas[col]Nays[col]Expires P3. No more than four (4) propositions may be voted on at any time. Proposals being voted on at the time this rule takes effect are not subject to this rule. [col]Fuzzyman[col](0)[col](0) [col]10 Jan 2010 7:19pm GMT P4. Should a player wish to express their neutrality towards a proposal's passage, they may type, "Abstain - P<#>." Such actions are to be counted by the moderator alongside Yeas and Nays.
If passed, this becomes a Silver Rule
.[col]Fuzzyman[col](0)[col](0) [col]10 Jan 2010 7:19 pm GMT
Neopi
Neopi
Townie
Neopi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Neopi »

Can i still in?

If so
/in
pie for all and all for pie!
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

From what I understand, people can /in for as long as the game goes on, assuming malthusis's idea isn't proposed and passed.
Neopi
Neopi
Townie
Neopi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Neopi »

Also

Nay- P1-3
Yay P3
[/b]
pie for all and all for pie!
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:05 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

You just simultaneously voted nay and yay on P3.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:05 am

Post by yabbaguy »

P3- Nay

P4- Nay
. SR1 states a majority of Yea votes being needed, so Abstain = Nay in this case. No good.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”