Mini 902: Pick your Poison 4 (Game over!)

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Mini 902: Pick your Poison 4 (Game over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by Patrick »

Welcome to Pick your Poison 4. A couple of years ago, a group of twelve scummers went to a meet, where they played Pick your Poison 2. Last year a host for another meet couldn't be found, but this year you're in luck, with the same house being free for almost a week. There are some familiar faces and some new faces; all ready to get the mafia cards out and test their wits against each other.

Nine of you will have blue cards and will be the uninformed majority. Three of you have red cards and make up the mafia in this game. The wonders of modern technology have somehow made it so that these three can communicate with each other at any time, without anyone else being able to listen in! Maybe this time round it'll be harder to crack the conspiracy.

Alive
(4/12)

2) Porochaz - Vanilla Townie - Survived
5) Leech - Vanilla Townie - Survived
6) CooLDoG - Vanilla Townie - Survived
12) scotmany12 - Vanilla Townie - Survived

Dead
(8/12)

7) Riceballtail - Mafia Day Rolecop - lynched day 1

1) Ellibereth (replacing chamber) - Masoniser - killed night 1

8) Yosarian2 - Weak Doctor/Mason - killed night 1

9) farside22 (replacing Sanhora) - Mafia Godfather - lynched day 2

10) Sajin - Vanilla Townie - killed night 2

3) Anon - Vanilla Townie - lynched day 3

11) boberz (replacing CallMeLiam who replaced malpascp) - Doctor - killed night 4

4) ortolan - Mafia Goon - lynched day 5

Game status: Game over
Last edited by Patrick on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:31 am, edited 25 times in total.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Patrick »

Standard Rules

1.) This game is a day start. Day 0 will start when the mafia have chosen the town poweroles.
2.) During the day you can vote for a player that you think should be lynched. Votes should be in the form
Vote: Player
, but I'll count votes if the intention is clear and there's bolding/some attempt at bolding. Unvotes before registering a new vote are helpful but not required. Note that any attempts at fake votes will be frowned on, and most likely counted anyway. Don't try it.
3.) When a player reaches a majority of votes, they are lynched. I will reveal their role, and the game will move into night. Players can still talk during twilight.
4.) This game has automatic 3 week deadlines. They won't be extended unless something strange happens. No majority at deadline means no lynch.
5.) No talking to other players, dead or alive, outside of the thread, unless your role permits it.
6.) Once dead, you stop posting. A bah post is fine though.
7.) If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
8.) Anyone not posting for 48 hours is proddable, though I'll sometimes wait until 72 hours depending on circumstances. Players who fail to post promptly after being prodded may be replaced. I also reserve the right to replace people who are within activity limits but who are trying to find loopholes, but that's only for extreme circumstances and I hope not to have to use it.
9.) I'll try to post votecounts as often as possible. Feel free to ask for a votecount at any time. Disappointingly, I may make mistakes. Point them out very gently.
10.) Avoid excessive profanity, flaming etc.
11.) Don't quote or fakequote your role PM. Don't quote any PMs from the mod. Don't reference ongoing games. Any of these are potentially modkillable offences.
12.) Have fun!
Last edited by Patrick on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Patrick »

Special rules

These rules are unique to this game. Probably worth a look at some point.

This is a semi-open setup: 3 mafia and 9 town. Each player will receive one of the following PMs:
Mafia wrote:You are a part of the mafia along with X and Y. Each night the three of you can choose a player in the town to kill, though you are not forced too. Before the game begins, the three of you have 96 hours to talk and decide on which three poweroles the town will have, from the list of five given in the rules post. Because of the importance of the decision, I'd like confirmation from at least two of you as to the choices being made. Oh, and remember, you can communicate in private with your partners at any point during the game.

You win when the town no longer has the majority.
Townsperson wrote:You are a townsperson. At present you have no abilities other than your voice and your vote, but it's possible you will receive a useful ability. You will be told at the start of day 0 what your ability is if any, otherwise you're just a vanilla townie.

You win when the mafia has been eliminated.
During the pregame stage, the mafia will have a maximum of 96 hours to choose three (different) protown poweroles from the following list:
Cop wrote:You are a cop. Every night you may investigate another player and receive a guilty or innocent result from me. You have a 50% chance of being a sane cop (accurate results) and a 50% chance of being an insane cop (inaccurate results). Your sanity won't be revealed if you die.
Doctor wrote:You are a doctor. Every night you can give me the name of a player you want to protect; they will be immune to all kills that night. You may not protect yourself.
Weak doctor wrote:You a weak doctor. Every night you can give me the name of a player you want to protect; they will be immune to all kills that night. If you protect a member of the mafia, you will be killed that night. You may not protect yourself.
Vig wrote:You are a vigilante. Each night you have the option of killing another player who you suspect is scum. You have unlimited shots but can only shoot once per night.
Masoniser wrote:You are a masoniser. Once during the game, at night, you can try to recruit another player. If they are protown (or have the Godfather role) you will succeed and be allowed to speak to them privately day and night. If they are any other scum role, your attempt will fail and you won't get to retry. If a recruited mason dies, they will have "mason" added to their rolename and you will be able to recruit someone else the following night (this extra recruitment can only be done once). If you die first, your mason partner will have the option of recruiting someone the following night (again, this can only be done once).
Once the mafia have chosen, the poweroles are immediately distributed randomly to three members of the town. The game then starts with day 0. During day 0, everyone gets to vote for two perks to give the mafia, from the following list:
Two shot roleblocker wrote:You are a 2 shot roleblocker. Twice during the game, at night, you can block another player from taking any nightactions (using both blocks on the same night if you so wish). If that player is a cop or masoniser they will be notified of the block, otherwise they won't be. A roleblocked masoniser will not be allowed to try again.
Day Rolecop wrote:You are a day rolecop. Each day you may investigate another player and find out their full role.
Vengeful mafiate wrote:You are a vengeful mafiate. If you are ever lynched at any point in the game, the mafia faction receives an additional kill that night. Note that the kill has to be used immediately; it can't be saved up and used later.
One shot janitor wrote:You are a 1 shot janitor. Once during the game, before a lynch has taken place, you may PM me and ask for the lynched player's alignment to be covered up. You may not cover up your own alignment in this way.
Godfather wrote:You are a Godfather. Any cop investigations against you will show the opposite of their expected result, and any nightkills against you will fail. Further, if a masoniser tries to recruit you, they will succeed, in the same way they would if you were a protown player. Lastly, you have the option of allowing a weak doctor to protect you and still survive; you can use this on any night by PMing me.
Everyone has two votes on day 0, and these can be removed and changed as often as you like, just as with normal voting. Note that you can't place both your votes on the same perk, however. When a choice reaches 7 votes, it's locked in and can't be changed. When two perks/abilities have been chosen, the mafia have a brief period to decide amongst themselves which of them get which perk, and which one stays as a goon. After that, the game starts with day 1, and from them on progresses normally. Note that the mafia in this game can talk during day as well as night.
Last edited by Patrick on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Patrick »

Role PMs are out and the mafia's 96 hours have started. Everyone confirm to me by PM.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Patrick »

farside22 replaces Sanhora.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:49 am

Post by Patrick »

The mafia have chosen which 3 town poweroles are in the game. If you're a town powerole you'll have received your new role PM, otherwise you're a vanilla townie.

Day 0 starts. With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to choose a perk. Remember you all have 2 votes, but they can't both go to the same place.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:22 am

Post by scotmany12 »

My suggestions, at first glance, are rolecop and godfather.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Sajin »

Ok everyone needs to answer both of the following questions:

1- If you were mafia, what 3 roles would you have given town? Why?

2- what roles would be best to select for mafia, why?

My answers are: Vig, Weak doctor, Masoniser.

and

Godfather Vengeful.

I will save the reasoning for these choices until more people have weighed in.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:45 am

Post by Riceballtail »

I think the hardest thing to work around for this is going to be WIFOM'ing what the scum would pick.

As per Sajin- Weak Doc, Masonizer, Cop -- GF, RB
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:03 am

Post by scotmany12 »

If I was mafia I would have given the town doc, masonizer, and vig.

And after a little bit of thought, I have changed from role cop to vengeful. Roleblocker is the worst and we should definitely not give the mafia that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:40 am

Post by farside22 »

I would say that the scum would probably do weak doc, millionaire and vig.
As for what role to assign the scum I would say godfather and vengeful.
The role I would be completely against to give scum is janitor. In the last game of pat's it was given to the scum and it definitely aided the scum to win that game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Leech »

If I was mafia, I would have given the town Doc, Weak Doc, and Masoner.

I would have chosen this setup due to the Weak Doc potentially dying and giving a free kill. Also there's no other killing or investigation role here. They can potentially protect the mafia kill, but they can't learn anything from it barring a doc claim.

For the mafia I think the best choices would be 1 shot Janitor and Godfather.

I like the idea of giving an ability they can only use once, as well as a Godfather role. If they didn't give us a Cop or a Vig, then the Godfather becomes a standard goon.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:47 am

Post by CooLDoG »

If I was scum it would be weak doc for shure. And thenmaybe a mason and cop (50% insane chance...). As for who I would pick for the scum to be godfather, day rolecop, and then two shot role blocker.
after a wank.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Anon »

Sorry for joining late, regaining internet access.

Answering sajin's questions:

If I were scum I would have given town a combo of doc, vig and masoniser.

I think mafia rolecop is a must to give. I still cant decide between godfather and vengeful. Im leaning to vengeful just for the idea that I hate roles that mess out with "confirmed" results and can give a scumbag a free ride t victory.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Anon »

Leech wrote:For the mafia I think the best choices would be 1 shot Janitor and Godfather.
1 shot janitor is probably the most powerful role in that list of powers.

Why did you specifically chose the roles that could get fake confirmed results?
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Anon »

scotmany12 wrote:If I was mafia I would have given the town doc, masonizer, and vig.

And after a little bit of thought, I have changed from role cop to vengeful. Roleblocker is the worst and we should definitely not give the mafia that.
why is roleblocker the worst?

and what made you reevaluate your role cop choice?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:41 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Anon wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:If I was mafia I would have given the town doc, masonizer, and vig.

why is roleblocker the worst?

and what made you reevaluate your role cop choice?
Roleblocker is clearly the worst. Two chances to disrupt our nice actions. Argument could be made that janitor is the worst too. Obviously I don't think we should give the mafia either of those.

And that should be role cop and vengeful. Dont want godfather as it generates doubt with town night actions.

Also, weak doc is a very powerful role people. Hopefully we have one. It acts as both a doctor and a weak investigative role if played right. All we have to do is hypothetically say who we would protect if we were the weak doc before the end of the day.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:13 am

Post by farside22 »

idk I feel a role cop for mafia is a powerful role too. Giving the mafia the ability to investigate for themselves a player to see what role that person has.........Worse is giving them rolecop with a roleblocker.
And then vengeful with a role cop means if the vengeful dies they can kill 2 players at that point. That just seems a bit powerful in scum hands.
It's why I think GF is the path of least resistance.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Anon »

I really prefer scum to be able to hit a power role instead of having a scumbag hidden in fake confirmed status.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sajin wrote:Ok everyone needs to answer both of the following questions:

1- If you were mafia, what 3 roles would you have given town? Why?
Vig, doctor, and one of (weak doc, masoniser).

Basically, anything but the cop. There's always the possiblity they'd try to WIFOM us with that, but it's unlikely.

I wouldn't want to give the town both the weak doc and the masoniser, either; my goal, personally, would be to reduce the number of confirmed innocents, and both weak doc and masoniser can create confirmed innocents; I'd be more worried about that then about either a doc or a vig (both of whom are only really dangerous if there are confirmed innocents.) That's just me, though.
2- what roles would be best to select for mafia, why?
Two shot roleblocker, Day Rolecop.

I absolutely do not want the scum to get either a vengeful scum (one extra scumkill really hurts the town mathmatically here, and if the vengeful dies later in the game it could be REALLY bad) or the janitor (IMHO, lynching someone and then not knowing their alignment just really, really sucks for the town. Could you imagine going into day 2 and trying to figure out what to do without knowing if your day 1 lynch was right or not? It's a huge frustrating pain, and really reduces the town's chances of winning.)

Godfather is more borderline, but scum do have to give us at least one "information" role (masoniser, weak doc, cop), and if there's a godfather, then none of those roles can give us "real" confirmed innocents. (Granted that a scum roleblocker can also mess with the results of either the weak cop or the masoniser, but it's not that likely to actually happen until a role claims, I think.)

Scum rolecop is probably the weakest of the scum roles, and I defiantly want to give them that one.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Meh. It's then it's unlikely a roleblocker, especally a two-shot one, would hurt the town .

If he fires night one, there's a 3/8 or a 3/9 chance he hits a town power role (depending on if we lynched scum day 1 or not). Obviously hitting a masonizer would be really bad, but otherwise, it's unlikely to make much difference.

If they roleblock the vig, that only hurts us if the vig was going to kill that night and was going to hit scum, which isn't that likely on night 1. If they roleblock the doc, that only matters if the doc was actually going to sucessfully prevent a scumkill otherwise, which is very unlikely (only 1/10 chance). Roleblocking a weak doc might get a scum falsly confirmed, but only if the weak doc would have targeted a scum that night, and since if there is a weak doc he should be trying to target people who are obv town to confirm them, that's not very likely either. Roleblocking a cop costs us an investigation, which isn't good, but I doubt they would have given us a cop.

I think it's much weaker then, say, a vengeful scum, who WILL kill one pro-town person unless we lynch him third or a vig kills him, and in the process might actually kill a town power role.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:23 am

Post by scotmany12 »

The only reason I think we might want to give them the vengeful is because if we have a vig, we might be able to kill it at night, and of course if it is the last mafia to go down then no kill is given.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

farside22 wrote:idk I feel a role cop for mafia is a powerful role too. Giving the mafia the ability to investigate for themselves a player to see what role that person has.........Worse is giving them rolecop with a roleblocker.
Hmm.

I don't think a scum rolecop is that big of a deal, because if the scum manage to find a power role night 2 they still wouldn't be able to kill him until night 3, by which point the power role likely would have claimed anyway. But you're right, giving rolecop and roleblocker does increase the risk a bit. is kind of a bad combination.

Perhaps rolecop and godfather instead then?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:26 am

Post by scotmany12 »

I really dont want a roleblocker, due to how effectively it could be used with the rolecop.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

scotmany12 wrote:The only reason I think we might want to give them the vengeful is because if we have a vig, we might be able to kill it at night, and of course if it is the last mafia to go down then no kill is given.
Eh, I don't want to bet on that.

Especally I don't want to get into a situation where we're in lynch or lose, say 5 people left, and all the vengeful scum has to do is to get HIMSELF lynched, jester style, OR get a townie lynched in order to win.

Even short of that, if the town looks like they know what they're doing, he could Jester on us and get himself lynched so his partners could pick off the two most dangerous pro-town people. I really don't want to go there, or end up having to deal with a "but we can't lynch him, because he looks SO scummy he probably wants to get lynched" situation.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”