XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:50 am

Post by XScorpion »

Until Kunkstar, Cat and CSL get their heads into the game it's gonna be hard to push ANYONE's lynch. Does not help that Parts still hasn't voted yet.
CSL wrote:Interesting. Badger is contradicting himself, and lurking.
I struggle to think of where I've seen any more hypocrisy than right here.

Unvote
Vote: CSL

How about doing something useful and giving us a better reason for voting than "I think he's hiding something"? And really, lurking? Is that the best accusation you can come up with? If you aren't scum you're just being anti-town right now.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:03 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Ectomancer wrote: Quality misrep on the Kunkstar vote. Now we see you don't bother to argue facts. You seem in fact to primarily rely on emotional projection. There was no "clarification" requested by Kunkstar. He directly attacked me, characterizing my quotes of you as "twisting your words to suit my purpose". Can you explain how you twist words by directly quoting?
No, Kunkstar decided to avoid the facts of the matter in order to make a slanderous comment. The facts are there.
It is a matter of the way you are presenting his post. You are presenting that quote as if he was whining about it, "oh no there's only 8 posts, please post so I can post moar...", whereas he was just pointing out that there was nothing pressing at the moment to comment on. Effectively casting a negative light on it to build your case, where in reality the quote doesn't improve your case at all.

Badger even explained this in his post before this,
ElectricBadger wrote: This is a ridiculous misinterpretation. You voted me for not posting; I explained that finding nothing needing my response over the course of 8 posts wasn't lurking.
I agree with Badger, give your definition of lurking, and we'll see how much consistency your argument has.
Welcome to the Network.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

In this case, he came, he read, he left, hence, he lurked. It is being present but not contributing. That definition suits
this
situation just fine. Worth a vote? To start a game it damn sure was. Do I use the strictest technical definition of lurking in all of my games? If it suits my purposes.

Kunkstar, I dont care how many times you use the words "He said", because he did in fact COMPLAIN that there was only 8 posts, so how could I expect him to add anything, and he did in fact COMPLAIN that there was only 24 hours between his postings. Both were COMPLAINTS he was using as an EXCUSE against my vote.
It definitely is a complaint when he uses, HE USED, not me, the number of posts to make an excuse for not posting. I dont care if there is ZERO posts, if you showed up, you can make a post and the number of them currently in existence doesnt alter that one whit.

And NONE of this alters the fact that the quote you are harping over was the one used to coerce Badger into admitting that he did in fact visit the thread and left without posting. That fits the strict technical definition of lurking and hence completely justifies both that post and the vote preceding it. The purpose of that post was clear as crystal and Badger responded clear as crystal.

I was right.

Here's a hint, don't be quite so obvious when you are defending a scumbuddy or sucking up to town.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

Ectomancer wrote:In this case, he came, he read, he left, hence, he lurked. It is being present but not contributing. That definition suits
this
situation just fine.
I can't imagine anyone playing this game doesn't do this from time to time. As I mentioned, if I posted every time I logged onto this site there'd be 50+ "hi, I'm here, still waiting for a new post" comments on a slow day at my work.

And again, you've also done this repeatedly, including recently. So why would you vote me for being hypocritical when you're the same and trying to pass as town?

Obviously your...interesting...definition of lurking isn't the normal one. Obviously it wasn't mine, and my statement - per my own logic - wasn't hypocrisy. So why do you keep insisting it is?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:40 am

Post by don_johnson »

The "Holiday Slacker" Vote Count:

Xscorpion- kunkstar7 (1)
Parts- Cat (1)
Cat-
kunkstar7- , ectomancer (1)
ectomancer- ElectricBadger (1)
ElectricBadger- CSL (1)
CSL- Xscorpion (1)

Not Voting- Parts

Looking for a replacement for Cat.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:39 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I'm not getting over this, coughing up blood this morning so I'm headed back to the doctor.

request replacement

sorry to hear that. hope you feel better soon
:(
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:45 am

Post by don_johnson »

JoshLyman replaces Cat. Starbuck replaces ectomancer.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Josh Lyman »

Hello. Four whole pages, huh? I'd better grab a snack.

Be back in about an hour with some thoughts.

For the moment:

unvote
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:04 am

Post by XScorpion »

4 isnt bad. Ive had to do over 20 before on day 1...wasn't pretty.
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Josh Lyman »

(Note to XScorpion: That was a shining example of my low-key dry humour. Take notes.)

Wow. Even discounting that I really can't hold Ecto's behavior against Starbuck, I am curious to see Starbuck's reaction to this: Starbuck, if CSL is not your scumbuddy, who is?

@Parts: who do you think is the scummiest player thus far? Next scummiest? Third?

@CSL: Please explain to me your top three picks for scum. Along with reasons. Until then IGMEOY.
Parts wrote:I don't care whether this is consistent over his game history or not. His reasoning followed fine for this game and that's all I'm judging on.
Willfully ignoring information that could help town is, well, anti-town.

vote: Parts

(Also, hope you feel better soon, Ecto.)
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Starbuck »

Page 1 to Caught Up

Unvote: whoever Ecto was voting for

On my predecessor, Ectomancer

I disagree with his active lurking strategy, as it is a strategy that I do not believe in, no matter what role you are in.

I also disagree with his point about EB's complaints because it is the holiday season, and with as slow moving as this game has been thus far, I really don't see the issue concerning EB's supposed complaints. I do see contradictions and distraction elsewhere though.

On ElectricBadger

It seems rather hypocritical to me that EB tries to call out Ecto for distracting the town with his conversation with Parts about FOS's, but EB was definitely distracting from scumhunting when he was trying to lead Ecto and the rest of the town into a conversation about lurking.
ElectricBadger wrote:Added to the game...we're barely on page 2 and I've got you squirming like a hooked fish. I'm thrilled.
This post sounds a bit overconfident for me.
ElectricBadger wrote:Parts - Do you think that taking 24 hours to post is lurking?
I know this is directed at Parts, but I wanted to give my opinion. People can easily go and look to see if you have been around and posting in other games. If so, I definitely feel that pretty much whenever you are on the site, you owe the game a post or two, but if nothing or barely anything has been added since the last time you posted, then I can see why you wouldn't add another post if it won't have any substance. Does that make sense?
ElectricBadger wrote:Because he immediately got two votes for it.
This is just reaching now.
ElectricBadger wrote:And yes, I did look in at one point and decided not to post - I was giving you a chance to push your case on Parts, which you failed to do. Distracting from that would have been counterproductive. Spamming is no more help to town than lurking.
I'm not Ecto, but as I read it, he really wasn't trying to push a case on Parts. He was just asking him a question. Nice misrep here.

Post 72 - Wow, overreaction much? Just the whole post reads as super overaggressive.

EB's constant requests for Ecto's definition of lurking when Ecto gave it on the first page of the game, bothers me. It's just another way to distract from scumhunting.
ElectricBadger wrote:As for Parts - do you find it good play to ignore someone who is using hypocrisy to push a lynch? And no, he's not scum because he disagreed with me. He's scummy because you were coaching him, and he's bad because he saw the contradiction but chose to ignore it - not a good move for scum or town, just lousy play. Interesting you again dismiss his play and jump to his defense, though.
Please show some examples on how Ecto was coaching Parts, because I really didn't see it.

Vote: ElectricBadger

For continuing to distract from scumhunting with conversations about lurking and for misrepresentation.

On XScorpion
XScorpion wrote:Electric badger is my new buddy.
Unvote
Vote: Ectomancer

Also I'm kicking off all the bandwagons. Lol.
The word "buddy" is not really a good word to use in a mafia game.
XScorpion wrote:The point I'm trying to make here is that RVS votes are intended to be catalysts for discussion, not pieces of evidence that indicate scum.
Why couldn't they be? Scum could make a slip at any point in the game, why couldn't they do so in RVS?

On kunkstar

He comes in and seems to step up and defend EB.

Post 76 just jumps out at me. You can definitely feel his defense of EB here. He also supports EB's lurking subject, and doesn't see that a conversation like this will detract from scumhunting.

On Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman wrote:Starbuck, if CSL is not your scumbuddy, who is?
No one is.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:26 am

Post by XScorpion »

[quote="Starbuck]Why couldn't they be? Scum could make a slip at any point in the game, why couldn't they do so in RVS? [/quote]
In my experience, first page RVS votes almost never indicate scum...it is the reactions to said votes that lead to slips.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by Starbuck »

XScorpion wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Why couldn't they be? Scum could make a slip at any point in the game, why couldn't they do so in RVS?
In my experience, first page RVS votes almost never indicate scum...it is the reactions to said votes that lead to slips.
I have no argument with that. I just wanted you to elaborate.

Thank you.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by CSL »

@ Lyman: Here it is.

Badger: For Not enough scumhunting and/or lack thereof, and bad misrepping, which is why my vote is currently on him.

Parts: Ignoring information that could help us, and lack of scumhunting.
FoS: Parts

XScorpion, for using the word "buddy." Could that mean "Scumbuddy?" Only time will tell.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Yeah because it definitely makes sense for scum to point out scumbuddies at the beginning of the game </sarcasm>

CSL continues to be a hypocrite.
CSL wrote:Parts: Ignoring information that could help us, and
lack of scumhunting.
What makes you better than him?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Josh Lyman wrote: Wow. Even discounting that I really can't hold Ecto's behavior against Starbuck, I am curious to see Starbuck's reaction to this: Starbuck, if CSL is not your scumbuddy, who is?
What reasons made you choose to direct this question at Starbuck/Ecto over ElectricBadger?
Welcome to the Network.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by CSL »

@ XScorpion: Blame the fact that I wasn't here Christmas Eve, and that I have limited access right now.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by XScorpion »

If I do that, then why don't you do the same thing for Parts?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by CSL »

He did not state he was away. I did.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Parts
Parts
Townie
Parts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:30 pm

Post by Parts »

Posting to avoid a prod and explain my absence. My family went to go visit one of my relatives that don't have internet unexpectedly on christmas and I have just returned. I will make a post after I wake up tomorrow.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:09 am

Post by Starbuck »

CSL wrote:He did not state he was away. I did.
It needs to be stated that people are going away over the holidays? Come on dude, seriously, think logically.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by don_johnson »

i'll be sending out prods tomorrow around lunch time. holidays have been just a bit busy.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Parts
Parts
Townie
Parts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:43 pm

Post by Parts »

Parts wrote:I don't care whether this is consistent over his game history or not. His reasoning followed fine for this game and that's all I'm judging on.
Ok I see this post was too open ended and is still a point of cotention. This post was about making the judgement of whether Ecto's vote constituted OMGUS or not. I thought the reasons for his vote were horrible but did not constitute OMGUS. ElectricBadger had legitimate points to make about Ecto’s vote. Throwing out an OMGUS on top of that is a complete red herring.

Josh Lyman wrote: @Parts: who do you think is the scummiest player thus far? Next scummiest? Third?
I think Electricbadger is scummiest so far since he has thrown out some misreps and attributed positions to me that I do not hold.

Second scummiest to me is Ectomancer/Starbuck.
Ectomancer wrote:Parts is not only cautious, but also not easily baited into a reaction
Ectomancer wrote:I find Parts to be careful and a bit non-committal while still making his position known. Cautious scum may play the same, but so would cautious town.
Ectomancer wrote:Parts reads to me as neutral as he can be.
It’s mainly because of these quotes. This reads like buddying to me because I honestly don’t think I contributed enough to deserve statements like this about my play. He is also implying that appearing neutral and non-committal is a positive thing.

It has crossed my mind that Ecto/Starbuck and ElectricBadger could be scumbuddies who engineered this whole thing in pregame talk to combine a buddying action by Ecto with a distancing act between Ecto and ElectricBadger.

Third scummiest is CSL for non contribution but I’m not really looking at lynching him yet.

Vote: ElectricBadger
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:21 pm

Post by Starbuck »

So Parts, do you have any case based on what I have said? Or only on Ecto?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:00 am

Post by Starbuck »

Also, how can you find CSL (with 9 total posts) suspicious for non-contribution when kunkstar only has 6 posts? Explain this hypocrisy to me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”