AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

MrSuave wrote:hm.... probably the switch to suffer I suppose. everything else is pretty mild compared to that I guess
Interesting. Since voting Suffer is the only thing you have done (other than lurk and answer Peabody's question), isn't this basically a concession that you've done nothing pro-town this entire game?

Mama, will you sing me Trip Machine?
Suffer-4-AlmasterGM, Diamondilium, Torqez, MrSuave
Almaster-3-SolemnJ, Suffer
Diamondilium-1-AK47x2
Torqez-1-Peabody
Diamondilium
Diamondilium
Goon
Diamondilium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Diamondilium »

Suffer wrote:Ah, I did miss that.
llamaeatataco wrote: Also, your accusation, and the assumption that putting someone at l-2 is a bad thing, is strange. Also, the contradiction between 'even though almastergm wasn't in any real danger' and 'absolve yourself of fault for putting him at l-2' is weird...-er.
Those two points came from two separate mindsets. I said he wasn't in any real danger because, well, he wasn't. Two scum could have quickhammered him, but that would be remarkably bad play on their part. The "absolve yourself of fault" was said by me as a suggestion for MrSuave's actions. I was thinking that MrSuave said that his L-2 vote was random because in his mind, putting someone there could be seen as suspicious, and he was trying to give himself an excuse.
I find this explanation hard to believe since nothing MrSuave had done up to that point made it seem as if he believed putting Almaster at L-2 was bad. My vote stands.

Waiting on rewq's response to Peabody's question.
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Suffer »

Just posting to let people know I'm still here. Holidays and all that, I'll be back on Monday.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by rewq455 »

Hey I am having major comp problems so I can't post for a while.
Mod please request replacement
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
qax42
qax42
Townie
qax42
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:20 am

Post by qax42 »

Just posting to say I'm here: not a whole lot has happened since my last post and I think we're just waiting on a few people to answer questions.

@
Mod: who is due a prod?
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:38 am

Post by AK47x2 »

What these people said. I am watching progress here keenly.
"If I abandon this project I would be a man without dreams and I don't want to live like that"
- Werner Herzog
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:46 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

AK47x2 wrote:Also, Vote: Diamondilium because he was the first one to vote without giving any sort of reasoning whatsoever, which is a bit of a pet peeve.
AK47x2 wrote:I'm with rewq. L-2 is too early to unvote just because scum could hammer. They never would because it would be a massive giveaway.

Also, I'm not sure what sort of scum would 'crumble' under being given a vote at a point in the game where most of the votes were being tossed around at random.
That is what you have contributed to this game thus far - an (almost) RVS, an agreement, and vague theory argument. We're on page 5. You need to do something other than "watch keenly." Do you still think Diamond is the best lynch? Are you standing by your previous justification for that logic (a "pet peeve")? Who else do you think is scummy?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:47 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

qax42 wrote:Just posting to say I'm here: not a whole lot has happened since my last post and I think we're just waiting on a few people to answer questions.

@
Mod: who is due a prod?
Same to you.
SolemnJ
SolemnJ
Goon
SolemnJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by SolemnJ »

Suffer wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:If there isn't at least 1 scum on this wagon right now I'd be shocked.
So, you get put to L-2 and all you have to say is that completely useless statement? Happy with my vote for now.
Tom wrote:Suffer, Suave, did you dudes know you were putting him at L-3 and L-2 respectively? And how did that make you
feeeeeel
?
Yes, and uh...good? Do you feel that putting someone at L-3 is important and/or noteworthy?
lol.
FoS Suffer

AlmasterGM wrote:
SolemnJ wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:
Kill: Peabody.
You are scum. Only scum says "Kill: Peabody" and nothing else. DIE.

vote Almaster

Stupid RVS...
Why is that true?
Is that vote RVS or serious?
Why do you dislike the RVS?

Peabody, you may be in luck. I think I've found someone who annoys me more than you.
RVS. I hate the RVS b/c its the RVS obv.
AlmasterGM wrote:
Torqez wrote:
Peabody wrote:
MrSuave wrote:
vote: AlmasterGM
for being a pokemon!
What do you think of RVS bandwagons?
Do you call it an RVS bandwagon if its L-2 already?
Wow, I'm at L-2?

Impressive. If there isn't at least 1 scum on this wagon right now I'd be shocked.
This isnt a scummy post at all...nor is it not a good point.
AlmasterGM wrote:
MrSuave wrote:so what you're saying is:
if he is town, I am scum
if he is scum, I am scum

that's not a very good way of thinking.
Actually, it is, because your behavior is scummy regardless of how Suffer flips. You just look even worse if he flips town.
at this point, you seem scummy.

Hm...Suffer or Almastar is scum. I'd bet on it.

I'll keep my vote.
All things are based on perspective.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by MrSuave »

AlmasterGM wrote:
MrSuave wrote:hm.... probably the switch to suffer I suppose. everything else is pretty mild compared to that I guess
Interesting. Since voting Suffer is the only thing you have done (other than lurk and answer Peabody's question), isn't this basically a concession that you've done nothing pro-town this entire game?
I suppose you could say that, yes. But it hasn't been a very long game so far.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Peabody »

SolemnJ wrote:
at this point, you seem scummy.

Hm...Suffer or Almastar is scum. I'd bet on it.

I'll keep my vote.
The reason I haven't suspected Almaster yet is because he is playing according to his meta. I played two other games with him while he was town and he posted in this manner. When I read up on him while he was mafia, he looked as if he were trying to be townie. The way he pushed cases were way different when he was mafia than when he was town. If I had to put money down, I would say Almaster has a town alignment right now (hoping i'm not speaking too soon).

AK, your last post was extremely suspicious. You haven't contributed anything to this game so far. What do you have to say about what happened so far? The suspicion on Torqez? The Almaster/suffer spat? You don't have anything to say about ANYTHING?? It looks like extreme lurking. AND lurking is a scumtell. You just shot up to the top of my list.

unvote; vote AK
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:42 pm

Post by AK47x2 »

AlmasterGM wrote:Do you still think Diamond is the best lynch? Are you standing by your previous justification for that logic (a "pet peeve")? Who else do you think is scummy?
No, I don't. Like you say, slightly random vote and then a little justification when he acted scummy at the start, but I'm happy with where that's gone.
Unvote

Suffer is slightly scummy.
Almaster is slightly scummy.
MrSuave is slightly scummy.
Torquez is very scummy.
Peabody is not scummy but holy crap is he jumpy.

Apologies for absences. Didn't mean last post in a "watching but not posting way", but in a "regularly keeping track of stuff but not posting because of time constraints". Sorry if there's any misunderstandings.
"If I abandon this project I would be a man without dreams and I don't want to live like that"
- Werner Herzog
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:40 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

First things first... I was too lazy to post last night. Get over it. Now I'm back, and caught up. And I get to semi-rant about things I think are annoying. First of all, lurking. AK claims to not be posting because of time restraints. This is annoying, because we can't immediately call him scum, he's supposedly just unable to post... Interesting though, that he has enough time to post something like the above post,
and
apparently keep up completely with the game,
and
stay on top of things so completely that he can tell who is scummy, and to what degree. I'm going to feel like a douche when I'm wrong, but
FOS: AK
because, even though it's a lame thing to do, I find his claim of being too busy to post very fake. Imo, he just copied what other people said to make it look like he has kept up on things (that would be lying, and he'd be lame for not actually playing the game) , or, the more likely case, that he
has
had time and been keeping up, but he just powerlurked.

^ a good example of awful grammar.

Rant 2: metagaming. I think almaster is scummy because of the last page or three, but apparently this is keeping with his meta for town. I'm all for winning, but I hate this crap... Peabody, I probably already asked for this, but I forgot, do you know where the games you played with almaster are?

Anyway, to explain why I think almaster is scummy. Prepare for (I hope) a wall of text and probably some quoting failures (This part I don't hope for so much).

almaster:
More Suffer votes please.

The entirety of his post. I use this only as an example, coupled with
Also, this game needs way more MrSuave, Tom, and SolemnJ. Post now, plz.
Basically, he didn't contribute anything at all to the case against suffer, or even wait for him to respond, just said "wagon gogogogo." Now, I acknowledge that suffer was kind of scummy at the point where he posted this, but his rebuttal, imo, was good. Made perfect sense to me, so this leads me to be suspicious about this:
Suffer needs to die.

Now.
He didn't respond, he just ignored the post and said we should lynch suffer. Now, because of the wonder of bussing, I can now say that I think almaster is scum, either pouncing poorly on Suffer, OR trying to bus his partner. This is the point where I have to kind of acknowledge that Suffer WAS scummy. This is not because of what I pointed out, but because of

Looking back at it, it's more than just "strange" - it fits the scum mindset well. He displayed suspicion on multiple people, which normally wouldn't bother me, but the fact that his reasons for those suspicions contradict indicates that his suspicion weren't genuine in the first place. Instead, it seems like he was grabbing whatever reasons he could (regardless of whether they were contradicting or logical) and using them to keep his foot in all doors.
I think Diamond pretty much nailed it.

and, on top of that, almaster posted about 3 times between peabody's request for a complete case, and this post. almaster, geef. nao. Seriously, I hate to parrot, but you haven't given a reason.

------------------------

Other issues that have come up: AK's lurking, MrSuave's pointless point (Basically, he joined a weak wagon. Buddying with almaster?)

and finally, the stupidest townie we have, llama. He contradicted himself by saying that throwing suspicion around everywhere is scummy, and then doing the say thing himself.

^^^ lies. I'm sort of throwing suspicion around, but it's different from what I was accusing suffer of doing (So it was Peabody that did it first.... so what?) because I'm not done yet. His random FoS throwing was the beginning and end of his accusations toward those people, but I'm not done yet. I'm still not quite sure who to pick for scum out of the other people, but for now I'll rest with a

vote: almastergm

If you want a reason, read my post. -_-

Anyway, Some time later today I might get around to talking about this page...
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:04 am

Post by AK47x2 »

llamaeatataco wrote:nteresting though, that he has enough time to post something like the above post,
and
apparently keep up completely with the game,
and
stay on top of things so completely that he can tell who is scummy, and to what degree.
I had time constraints. These are now gone. I have the feeling that any posts I could/would have made would have been kind of vague. I'll confess right now that I find it difficult to post unless I have something new and fresh to say, and by and large I haven't.

Telling who's scummy and to what degree only requires a reread of the thread. Like I say, I've no problems with time now so I'll be posting much more frequently.

Apologies again for lack of presence.
- Werner Herzog
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:17 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

And as soon as I call him on it, the time constraints go away. Cue the self-loathing when he is telling the truth and flips town...
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:24 am

Post by AK47x2 »

llamaeatataco wrote:And as soon as I call him on it, the time constraints go away. Cue the self-loathing when he is telling the truth and flips town...
If I'm saying it just to appease you then I'd seem even scummier if I had a long period without posting.
- Werner Herzog
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Peabody »

@llama: Here are the game links you requested. These are two other games where Almaster and I played together. Both of these links show Almaster as a townie.
Space Station Mafia
Bloodlust Mafia

I hope these help you.

----

AK, I would really like you to be posting more often. Otherwise we cannot tell your alignment. Earlier your made a list of who you thought was scummy and who was not. Can you give me some basic reasoning behind each? Which one is the most scummy?

----

I am not thoroughly convinced AK is mafia. However, it is very scummy to just keep up with the thread and not say anything. I know that as mafia, I have a tendency to lurk. Posting becomes a chore as well. I'm just seeing the qualities of myself as mafia that I see in him.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:13 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I'll respond to these badcases on me later. In the meantime, I think we should start a wagon on AK47x2. The thread 5 pages, it's not that hard to make a substantive post - especially when you find plenty of time to read and whine about being busy.

Unvote. Vote: AK47x2
Diamondilium
Diamondilium
Goon
Diamondilium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Diamondilium »

I don't think AK47X2 is scummy. His earlier lurking and many other players' are understandable. The fact that he has more time to post now also makes sense considering the holiday season is in essence over. His inability to find something to post is a null tell for me. I recall feeling the same way as both town and scum.

I, however, think Llama's approach on AK47X2 is scummy. He's clearly having some internal conflict over putting suspicion on AK47X2. While some conflict of gut and reason is not unheard of in mafia, the way llama's manifests is unsettling. He doesn't say something along the lines of "he seems townie, but he's not acting that way -- so I'll fos him". He instead says something along the lines of "he's going to flip townie and I feel stupid (not that he actually is) for being suspicious of him":
llamaeatataco wrote:And as soon as I call him on it, the time constraints go away. Cue the self-loathing when he is telling the truth and flips town...
and
He wrote:First things first... I was too lazy to post last night. Get over it. Now I'm back, and caught up. And I get to semi-rant about things I think are annoying. First of all, lurking. AK claims to not be posting because of time restraints. This is annoying, because we can't immediately call him scum, he's supposedly just unable to post... Interesting though, that he has enough time to post something like the above post, and apparently keep up completely with the game, and stay on top of things so completely that he can tell who is scummy, and to what degree.
I'm going to feel like a douche when I'm wrong, but FOS: AK
because, even though it's a lame thing to do, I find his claim of being too busy to post very fake. Imo, he just copied what other people said to make it look like he has kept up on things (that would be lying, and he'd be lame for not actually playing the game) , or, the more likely case, that he has had time and been keeping up, but he just powerlurked.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Torqez »

Sorry guys, just got prodded. I think I forgot to post that I was
V/LA over the 4 day Christmas weekend
. Am back now for 3 days though, and will contribute again shortly.

But will also be
V/LA over this next coming 4 day New Years weekend
. Sorry guys, it's the season for it, and my In-laws are in town too :shock:
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:52 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

Diamond, It's just because I'm usually wrong. In my opinion, I think his excuse was bs. That's the way it seems to me, but I'm still paranoid about being wrong.

Now, I don't mean to OMGUS here, but your accusation doesn't exactly make sense. You seem to jump to the conclusions that I both know he is town, that I know that now, and that I'm not actually being stupid. These are all wrong. My instinct is that he is faking it, but I know myself well enough to believe that it is entirely possible for me to be wrong. My post is not saying what you're saying it's saying, it's saying (say that three times fast) that I think he is scum, but I also think I am wrong. If you can manage to understand what I just said, then I both applaud you and know that now you know what I know I'm (what's with these tongue twisters?) probably wrong, but that I never the less think he is faking it. I'm not going to go into how his claim of no time is weird for irl reasons, but I WILL recap what I already said about it for game reasons. First of all, he has had time to read the thread, AND post that he doesn't have time to post. I also know that for me, reading the thread is 90% of the time I spend on the game.

Basically, It was me saying that I both think he is faking it, and I think that I'm probably wrong... I'm just predicting my own failure, because if I do, it's a win-win. Either I'm right, or I'm right. It's my way of saying that I know that I don't know what I know I know. (that time was on purpose)
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Torqez »

Ooops, just scanned my other games. I didn't get prodded here, I got prodded elsehwere, cos I forgot in that game to post my V/LA :p.

Sorry, will catch up soon tho in anycase!
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Okay, I've given everyone a reprieve until today in terms of posting. However, quick notes:
1. The prodding rules have been officially changed. I will not check activity and prod people unless asked by a player to prod a person who qualifies for a prod. This is a mix of an experiment and a stolen idea.
2. I will replace rewq due to "comp issues." I will now start searching.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by AK47x2 »

AK, I would really like you to be posting more often. Otherwise we cannot tell your alignment. Earlier your made a list of who you thought was scummy and who was not. Can you give me some basic reasoning behind each? Which one is the most scummy?
Sure.

Suffer is slightly scummy:
His first posts seem to be jumping very quickly from one potential target to another. The whole thing about putting Almaster on L-2 was pointless because of the no way of quicklynching, and he leaps on Suave for that;
suffer wrote:And the random person you picked happened to be at L-3? I find it hard to believe that the choice was random. It just seems like you're trying to absolve yourself of fault for putting him at L-2.
That, mixed with his earlier clash with Almaster, is what makes him seem slightly scummy.

Almaster is slightly scummy:
My first impression is "Man, he jumps about a hell of a lot as well", but I'm honestly not sure whether that's scummy or just because of D1 and he's being pragmatic. What rubs me the wrong way, and this may well be the OMGUS talking, but his abandoning of his arguments against Suffer and Suave and leaping onto me seemed rather forced.

I'd be interested in what he thinks of Torqez. All he's said in regards to him is that he posts non-sequiturs.

MrSuave is slightly scummy:
Honestly, that sums it up for him. His only fault is that he failed to elaborate on the suffer vote. And the L-2 putting, but like I said I don't think that's a scum tell.

Torquez is very scummy:
See what I said about the unelaborated suffer vote for Suave and add in a bizzare contradiction as well. The suffer post commenting on it seemed to be completely rejected by him because it contained the word dumb. Want to see more out of him before I lay a vote down.

Peabody is not scummy but holy crap is he jumpy:
I believe this speaks for itself.

The most scummy of the people above? Torquez, no doubt. If I made a list, which is a good thing to do because lists are great;

Most scummy

Torquez

MrSuave

Almaster

Suffer

Peabody

Least scummy

The list only consists of those five as of now because they were the ones I was directly asked about. Tomorrow morning I'll have a full look through everyone else and add them into there. Quick impressions on everyone else now, though;

Diamondilium
: Not scummy.
qax42
: Quietly helpful.
rewq455
: Only talks about quicklynch issue before computer issues.
SolemnJ
: Not scummy. Needs to elaborate more.
Tom
: Done nothing.
llamaeatatacop
: There's no such thing as a quick impression on this guy, way he's been posting.
- Werner Herzog
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Suffer »

Alright, I'm back. First off,
unvote, vote: Torqez
Torqez wrote:Oh, name calling. How great!
Oh, avoiding answering for your actions. How great!

All you did was dismiss that as a personal attack, which it wasn't. How about you actually respond this time, instead of brushing it aside?

I'm also getting bad vibes from MrSuave. AlmasterGM's post 90 sums up my feelings on MrSuave's post 89 pretty well. And then you go and say that it's the scummiest thing you've done this game. I'm not really sure what to make of that.

Other notes:

- AK47x2's post 111 struck me oddly, just throwing out suspicion with no explanation. He went through all of them in a later post, however, so I don't really have a problem with it.

- llamaeatataco's post 112 was ...interesting. Curious to see AlmasterGM's response to it.

If I missed anything people wanted me to respond to, just let me know.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”