DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by DTMaster »

I have a new vote: Who wants end game flavour?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by KittyMo »

I would like to know what I should work on.

It's not exactly normal for all but 2 protown players (yabbaguy, nhammen) to find you scummy for the majority of the game.

Also, for some reason this post really made me start thinking Nikscum. Probably because it felt like a flashback to that one game...

!vote EndgameFlavor
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by XScorpion »

vote endgame flavor
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Nikanor »

!vote Endgame_Flavour
KittyMo wrote:It's not exactly normal for all but 2 protown players (yabbaguy, nhammen) to find you scummy for the majority of the game.
Well technically I did not think you were scum, either. And I was more pro-town than half the players in this game, sadly enough. >_>
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by KittyMo »

I meant of pro-town alignment obv >.>
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

On the up side, I pegged all three scum in this game (weeks ago).

On the down side, after working so hard to get Farside lynched on Day 2, I was NKed by the two remaining scum on Night 2 before I had the opportunity to tell the town what I learned from my N2 investigation (which was a guilty result on Nikanor).

Someone speculated that they thought I had a guilty result on Farside on Night 1, and that that's why I went after her on Day 2, but that was not the case at all. I investigated Yabba on Night 1 because I had a mixed read on him. (I had some suspicions of him during my first read of the game while I was on "standby" status, and yet he voiced suspicions of Farside, and up to then nobody else had voiced suspicions of Farside but I was very suspicious of her, so that countered my suspicions of Yabba). So, I figured that investigating him was the way to go, as I really didn't think he'd be NKed on Night 1. As it turned out, the scum killed him, which only furthered my view of Farside as scum, which is why I went after her so hard and she only reinforced her scumminess throughout Day 2, as set out in the thread.

During Night 2, I did a lot of meta reading before sending in my choice for investigation, and that process convinced me that Nikanor was scum who had bussed Farside, thus my investigation on him, which came back with a guilty. Unfortunately, I was NKed by the scum that night so I never got the opportunity to tell the town what I had learned from both my meta-reading of him and my result.

Very shortly after Starbuck replaced in, I pegged her as the third scum, who had replaced my other scum read, Locke. As the game mod has mentioned, we were in PM contact, and I sent him my scum picks of farside, Nikanor, Starbuck weeks ago.

After my death, I was watching the game and sooooooooo hoping that the remaining townies would see what I saw, but unfortunately, I didn't twig to Nikanor until my re-read during Night 2 before I sent in my investigation target, and by then it was too late too late to say anything in the thread and then I was NKed that night. Having played in a game before with Starbuck, after she replaced in, I was absolutely convinced that she was scum in this game, and she only bolstered my prior leaning-scum read on Locke.

KittyMo: I thought that you were too easily influenced by other players early on but later in the game, I was hopeful that you were about to break through as it seemed that you were almost ready to call Nik scum, but then you backed off. It sort of looked like you were more willing to just go with the flow than to trust your own instincts. I think you should trust your instincts more, right or wrong, because I think you have good instincts but you weren't willing to follow them.

Mr Suave: You are your own worst enemy when you deliberately lurk up a storm or otherwise refuse to participate in the game. Had you been more active in this game, I think you might have been more persuasive in your pursuit of Nikanor, but instead it was too little, too late.

So, this was an unfortunate loss for the town, but it's all good going forward.

Hope to see most of you in another game in the near future.

DTMaster: I think that your own disappearances and lack of activity as Mod helped scum-Nik because it enabled him to post things about knowing you in real life, and about "prodding you with his fists" and such that may have influenced some of the townies into thinking that he was town. I also think that if a mod knows players in real life, there is an even more onerous burden upon the mod to remain active and not to inadvertently give such advantages to his real life friends who happen to be scum, so I think you could have done better in that regard.

Yabba: Yes, I take your point about a cop not being so obv-town and I agree with you, but I also didn't want to suddenly be less obv-town than I usually am. That said, I'm now striving for more of a "keep 'em guessing" approach, so thanks for that.

Zach: Following up on the above, perhaps I was too quick to say that you were not scummy at all to me, so if that contributed to your eventual lynch led by the scum, I apologize.

Anyway, good game, all. (Well, most).

Regards,
Jazz
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Jazz wrote:During Night 2, I did a lot of meta reading before sending in my choice for investigation
Uhh, you mean that one game we were in before this one where I did literally the EXACT SAME THING to d3x? I was scared to death that Suave was going to bring that up. >_>

As always, it is a pleasure playing with you, Jazz. One of these games we'll be on the same team. :D
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Jazzmyn wrote:
Zach: Following up on the above, perhaps I was too quick to say that you were not scummy at all to me, so if that contributed to your eventual lynch led by the scum, I apologize.
Well first off I was nked.

2nd, I don't think that ended up mattering that much anyway. I'm not sure of the exact reasoning for my nk, I'm sure it had a lot to do with the fact that I was likely to be standing in the way of a Suave or Scorpion lynch.

As to yabba's comments about your play, I don't necessarily agree. To play the middle is a really delicate balance, and risked you getting run up to the town and claiming anyway. (Resulting in the same NK that you got for being "obv town")

Some of Nikanor's comments and positions twinged my gut late on day 3, and Locke's lurking, and Starbuck's play bothered me. (But not quite enough.) I regret not voicing these things more vocally. As time has gone on, I seem to have lost the edge of my aggressive play, and it's allowed scum to slip away from me...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:11 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

And on another note, I have noticed a tendency that games that have no lynches on day 1 tend to end up in scum victory. I found it frustrating that the town was unwilling to lynch on day 1, and I think this game, along with a game I modded serve as pretty good models to why you really need to lynch on day 1.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:35 pm

Post by MrSuave »

own worst enemy eh. well I tried to get the town something at the start. like I said, my gut is good, and it's good enough to play rl mafia. but Nik just changed his play so it wouldn't match my claims on him, and that was the end of that. I just watched things play out, and then came back when I was more useful. but by then, no one cared. D:
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:39 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Zach

I agree since that only resolves in a NK that scum will use for their own advantage. In a town driven lynch you get rid of anti-town elements that would be a hindrance later on. An early Suave/Lowell/LL lynch would have been more beneficial to sift through later one.

Plus you can look through the wagon later on and do a voting analysis.

@Suave
In meta calls, I find links more persuasive then just posting meta calls.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:50 am

Post by farside22 »

I hate being mafia. I really do and this was hard because I thought I could handle the pressure but it's my own fault for not reading everything more carefully.
Jazz I love you as town but never want to be against you again.
Game wise I think giving the scum a group tailor ability is better instead of one player as tailor. I don't think the tailor ability did anything but a group ability would be best with this set up.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:28 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Nice work, scum. Just want to apologise to everyone, especially the mod, for not seeing this one out. I really had a lot of trouble getting time online over Christmas and New Year and that meant I got replaced in a couple of games. Starbuck played it well after replacing me but I still feel bad for not contributing much when I was in the game. Hopefully next time I'll be a much more active scumbag :P
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:31 am

Post by DTMaster »

MrSuave: I'm telling you, Nikanor is scum. I know I'm town, and I know that he's acting totally suspicious. I'm 99% sure I'm right!

Nikanor:

You're statistics are all wrong. You didn't outline the null hypothesis!

MrSuave: Wha-

Nikanor: You didn't do a p-test, and you didn't show how the correlation between Nikanor-scum versus Suave-townie.

I've achieved enough clarity to create the mythological: 100% Confidence interval that confirms you are scum.

My statistics are superior to yours.

ScorpionX: Well 100% is greater then 99%. I concur.

KittyMo: That's odd, why is the most town player still alive. Hmm give me a second to ponder this while I'm away. These statistics feel wrong.

Starbuck: Yes, they are wrong because you can never have a 100% CI in statistics. You forgot the most important thing though: Correlation is never equals causation. I hammer thee.

Suave/Kitty/Scorpion: WHhhhaaat? No, wait our clothes, the industry, what will happen to Tweedom!

MrSuave - The Vanilla Townie - became the human mannequin for the Mafia's tailoring needs before dying from the extensive surgery in becoming the woman he always wanted to be.

XScorpion - The Vanilla Townie - Endured to live a life to serve as personal lap dog to the mafia.

KittyMo - The Vanilla Townie - Endured to live a life serving the mafia in their silk factories.

Nikanor and Starbuck the Mafia Goon - brought the village of Tweedom to new heights and glory under their fashion sense. They expanded beyond the tweed material that the country was accustomed to.

Since their clothing was so radical, it caused hundreds of rebellions across the land, throwing the kingdom of Retsamtd into utter chaos.

They slipped away from the country in the midst of the wars.

Nikanor: So what now?
Starbuck: Well I wanted to party with farside22, but she's dead now.
Nikanor: We made a lot of money though.
Starbuck: Yeah, but the currency is only good in this Kingdom. Look at it now.

Nikanor: Do you know what I'm thinking now?
Starbuck: Yes, let's dethrone the mod.
DTMaster: Wait what?
Nikanor: Onwards, to the 4th wall.
DTMaster: Wait.
Modkill activate

Starbuck: The game is over now, you aren't the mod anymore.
DTMaster: Hold -

Nikanor and Starbuck prodded DTMaster with their fists, for the last time.

DTMaster - Secretly Revived Evil child - Prodded with Fists by the mafia
Last edited by DTMaster on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:34 am

Post by DTMaster »

If you are wondering, I got lazy in the images:3
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Lol. Best endgame flavour ever.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Mod died twice? /:|

Game logged in the YGDB now. Check out the sig link.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Lol, I'm the mod. I'm always part of this game :3.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I can't wait to play your theme games. :/
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:48 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Open Games”