Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

I find your claim
extremely
difficult to believe, farside.

Your play in this game has been very scummy, in multiple ways as previously set out. I cannot fathom how you could be a cop and support the anti-town hypoclaim idea as you did. Further, if you were a cop with an innocent on Lowell, your FOSing him early on Day 2 is out of place.

I don't buy it.

Regards,
Jazz
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:I also don't like the fact that the claim came unrequested.
I'm at L-1 when should I claim. Afterward? Or should I wait for someone to hammer me first unclaimed?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by KittyMo »

farside22 wrote:
I'm at L-1 when should I claim. Afterward? Or should I wait for someone to hammer me first unclaimed?
Generally people claim when someone expresses interest in hammering or someone asks them to claim.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by farside22 »

Jazzmyn wrote:I find your claim
extremely
difficult to believe, farside.

Your play in this game has been very scummy, in multiple ways as previously set out. I cannot fathom how you could be a cop and support the anti-town hypoclaim idea as you did. Further, if you were a cop with an innocent on Lowell, your FOSing him early on Day 2 is out of place.

I don't buy it.

Regards,
Jazz
Why do you think I thought about hypoclaiming. I was hoping not to have to claim and not be forced out like this.
Also again as I said with the tailor in the game and based on Lowell's play I keep second guessing myself about the results.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Ideally someone who's prepared to hammer you should ask.

I mean your whole point about being hammered unclaimed makes sense, except that I've been scum before and I DO THE EXACT SAME THING.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

KittyMo wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Generally people claim when someone expresses interest in hammering or someone asks them to claim.
I thought for a moment that scorpion did hammer before I checked the vote count. I thought for a moment someone hammered without asking for a claim.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by KittyMo »

farside22 wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
farside22 wrote:
I thought for a moment that scorpion did hammer before I checked the vote count. I thought for a moment someone hammered without asking for a claim.
...and that's when you make big glittery text that says "PLEASE ASK FOR A CLAIM BEFORE YOU HAMMER."

Lowell, where'd you go?
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

You should make a text decoration that states Lowell is lurking.

You could also add lurker scum to the end... if you like.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by farside22 »

KittyMo wrote:
farside22 wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
farside22 wrote:
...and that's when you make big glittery text that says "PLEASE ASK FOR A CLAIM BEFORE YOU HAMMER."

Lowell, where'd you go?
Last game I was at l-1 and I claimed unneeded, that game just ended. Didn't think about it there, didn't think about it here.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

farside22 wrote:Why do you think I thought about hypoclaiming. I was hoping not to have to claim and not be forced out like this.
I think you were in favour of hypoclaiming because you're scum, trying to find out who the real cops are.

It doesn't make any sense for farside-cop to post the things you did. Your posts in this game are entirely incompatible with farside-cop, and entirely compatible with farside-scum. On the hypoclaim issue, you kept trying to claim that it "helps protects cops" when it does no such thing, and when it actually just narrows down the field for the scum to try to find the cops; and you claimed that it helped the town in games that you were personally involved in, but it turns out that that was not true at all. You lied, farside.

Add to that all of your other scummy play during this game, and I just don't believe you.

Regards,
Jazz
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Dear Lowell,

Stop lurking,
Image!
Love,
Tweedom

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by KittyMo »

<--- going to sleep

I really think farside's scum.

I really hope so too, because in my many months of forum mafia playing I have never been on a scum-lynching bandwagon.

Let's hope a historic moment occurs soon!

<3 Kitty
P.S. Sorry for all the short+silly posts

"plz don't swear" -- N
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

farside22 wrote:Last game I was at l-1 and I claimed unneeded, that game just ended.
What game was that? Link, please.

Regards,
Jazz
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Post by nhammen »

Well, that is a lot of activity since I was gone. I think I've caught up, and I was just lynched in my other game, so I should be more active now.

So, about farside: I agree that he has been somewhat scummy, but I don't agree with some of the arguments presented here. I have seen too many quickhammers recently to believe that claiming at L-1 is scummy in itself. I can see some of his play as Cop. As for the rest of his play, I'm going to ISO him, post my conclusions, and then get some sleep. Maybe I should start coming to MS in the mornings instead of right before bed...
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Jazz wrote:(on the "don't give the scum too much information on townie reads" theory, and also because I find that keeping some things to myself initially can be helpful in my analysis of players, especially if scum are attacking someone who I have a town read on, which is a better time to pull those things out of my notes).
Then why bother saying you're leaning town on him? Isn't that kind of counter-productive?
Jazz wrote:@Nik: Why did you point out farside's soft claim and not KittyMo's?
I don't consider claiming town like KittyMo did to be softclaiming.
Also,
KittyMo wrote:And I still don't understand why softclaiming the fact that you are of a pro-town alignment is scummy when answering the question "Why are you pro-town?"
Speaking of softclaiming, I find it hilarious that farside practically claimed townie in her softclaim, yet still tries to claim cop. Lynch please.

Jazzmyn, you also mentioned earlier that I didn't move to Lowell to stop a nolynch, yet didn't say anything about whether I thought Lowell was town. Well, I do not think that Lowell is overly town, but I am absolutely dumbfounded as to why Lowell was wagoned on day one, so I can't conclusively say that he's scum either, since stupid wagons always seem to crop up where there is scum involved. Maybe I'm speaking from a biased point of view, knowing that Lowell is an easy lynch when he's town, but I don't see why Lowell should have been lynched over MrSuave on day one. Perhaps someone could explain it to me so that I can finally understand why people such as Zach and SC are voting for Lowell at every opportunity.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:09 pm

Post by nhammen »

I can believe everything about farside's play as Cop except for possibly his choice of targets. Then again, I have only once not believed a Cop claim, and that one time was because he claimed a neutral result, so...

Farside, is there a recent game you played as Cop that we could look at to compare? Did you breadcrumb anywhere? Do you usually breadcrumb as power-roles, or usually not? Could you show us examples of these too?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:12 am

Post by farside22 »

nhammen wrote:I can believe everything about farside's play as Cop except for possibly his choice of targets. Then again, I have only once not believed a Cop claim, and that one time was because he claimed a neutral result, so...

Farside, is there a recent game you played as Cop that we could look at to compare? Did you breadcrumb anywhere? Do you usually breadcrumb as power-roles, or usually not? Could you show us examples of these too?
It's been awhile since I was a cop. I can't remember the last game I was cop.

I already explained jazz all my reasoning. Being a cop it's better to be low key and hope to survivor to get info. I wasn't going to be outspoken too much as I get killed more often looking pro-town then not.
Again I see hypoclaiming as a pro but the tailor means it's possible that the investigation is corrupt.
Zach pointed to a game I was in, which I was town, and supported hypoclaiming. I don't see why you think this is a scum move.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Lowell »

If she's a cop and got to L-1, she wouldn't wait for someone to ask.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Lowell »

The above was posted a bit late. I missed this last page. Sorry.

I have nothing to add here, other than what's been said.

1) There are TWO cops, so the odds of her being one are decent. Either way I don't see the problem in keeping her alive.

It is certainly possible she's lying, but we'll find that out later. In that case, as soon as one cop reveals him/herself, the other will know she's lying. We'll catch her either way.

2) It is certainly possible the "tailor" could have targetted the same person (me) if farside is the cop. Still, given that there were 5 or 6 ppl getting attention yesterday, that is unlikely. So the obviously solution is to TENTATIVELY clear both farside and myself, at least unless something else happens to make that not seem true.

(cue idiots all yelling "THAT's WHAT HE'd WANT US TO BELIEVE!!!")
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:10 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK, here's the deal:

One, I don't see how it makes sense to talk about the hypoclaim the way she did and continues to do when she's one of the cops; therefore, I don't know what the hell she was thinking when she did so. She was right to claim at L-1, but I doubt her claim.

Two, I would expect farside22 to be experienced enough not to be defending the case on her with WIFOM. If she is town, she should have checked the game and made sure what she said happened really happened. That she didn't is a bad mark on her. And before she calls it idiotic for scum to be doing, I've done idiotic moves as scum too—and after I consider myself to have started improving my game.

Three, I still think Lowell is her scumbuddy. That he's quick to believe her result leads me to believe that farside22 is the tailor. If I'm right as to her role, I want at least one of the real cops to investigate Lowell tonight. I'll leave how to go about the result without getting outted (I
STILL
want them hidden right now) up to that person.

Unvote: Lowell
Vote: farside22

Hasta la vista.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:00 am

Post by XScorpion »

KittyMo wrote:
Lowell wrote:Well she clears me so I'm game. I'll believe it.
XSCORPION, ZACHRULEZ

YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS POST PLEASE?
Obv.scum.
Also if farside wanted to dodge the tailor why would he investigate the guy who had the most votes rather than his target?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Lowell »

No scum fakeclaiming cop outs their own scumbuddy, so the theory that I'm scum is retarded, EVEN IF farside is lying about her role.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:13 am

Post by KittyMo »

Lowell - Please tell me how this post could come from anyone except scum who has been tailored. I seriously cannot think of any other perspective.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Would be nice if we had the mod around to confirm that was the hammer...
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:57 am

Post by nhammen »

Kitty, it isn't just one post either:
Lowell wrote:So the obviously solution is to TENTATIVELY clear both farside and myself, at least unless something else happens to make that not seem true.
Lowell wrote:No scum fakeclaiming cop outs their own scumbuddy, so the theory that I'm scum is retarded, EVEN IF farside is lying about her role.
He seems to be going to a lot of effort to make sure everyone knows he should be seen as innocent. Scum doth protest too much?

Return to “Completed Open Games”