Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

KittyMo wrote:I don't see the soft claim you're talking about.
That would be your "because DTMaster told me I win with the town", i.e. a reference to a town aligned role PM.
KittyMo wrote:Just based on personal experience, I very, very rarely see scum put themselves in the spotlight early in the game. I remember my first game as scum, and on Day 1 I was absolutely terrified of being attacked early on, and definitely focused more on acting protown than pretending to scumhunt and such things. You can call it WIFOM if you want, but that's my experience.
It
is
WIFOM because the reality is that scum do put themselves in the spotlight, precisely because it's convenient for them to say, "Scum would never do that"... etc., etc., ad infinitum. That's why it's WIFOM.
KittyMo wrote:I do this often; if you're the kind of person that looks at meta, you can see for yourself, or if you'd like me to quote past games I can.
Sure, please cite specific posts in which you've mixed up "town" and "scum" in your posts when you meant the opposite.
KittyMo wrote:I'm the kind of girl that makes the long, pretty, well-thought out cases as scum because I don't actually have to figure out who the scum are
Annnd, more WIFOM. I.e.: "As scum, I would do A, not B, and since I'm doing B, I must be town." vs. As scum in the past, you've done A, not B, so this time, as scum, you decide to do B, not A, in hopes that others will think you must be town. Are you beginning to see why posting WIFOM stuff like that is not helpful?
Nikanor wrote:I looked and looked and looked and could not find where farside pushed or voted Zach for not answering KittyMo's question. Could you quote/postlink please?
I read it again and it seems that I conflated farside's vote on Zach for voting KittyMo and farside's pushing for an answer to the question and only unvoting him after being called on the scumminess of doing so, into one. My bad.
Nikanor wrote:Jazzmyn, how do you get 'Overall neutral, leaning town,' out of a post of completely negative points?
Generally, those posts are summaries from my game notes, and the posts include the anomalous stuff, the things to think about, the question marks, the potentially suspicious stuff. My overall reads, though, include gut reads, and all the other stuff in my notes, which I generally don't post until later (on the "don't give the scum too much information on townie reads" theory, and also because I find that keeping some things to myself initially can be helpful in my analysis of players, especially if scum are attacking someone who I have a town read on, which is a better time to pull those things out of my notes).

@Nik: Why did you point out farside's soft claim and not KittyMo's?

@farside: I don't comprehend your post 409 at all. Please explain.

Regards,
Jazz
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by KittyMo »

MrSuave wrote:Lowell is at L-?

I'm really not excited by farside's deflection of me noting her sudden change of opinion on me a couple pages back, and her constant bringing up meta over the course of the game even though she supposedly doesn't believe in meta is ridiculous.

Meh. I'm gonna go ahead and
unvote; vote: farside22

And @Jazzmyn: Would you prefer me to not respond at all to posts that I only have a WIFOM defense for, or is it better to provide that WIFOM defense? Because I personally think the latter is more useful than absolutely no response. I realize that WIFOM defense is not the most helpful thing ever.

And I still don't understand why softclaiming the fact that you are of a pro-town alignment is scummy when answering the question "Why are you pro-town?"
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

I didn't lie I remember the game and thought mafia lost. If I was going to lie so blatantly about a game why would I provide links.
I actually thought the mafia won it was my own forgetfulness and not looking at the game to confirm my thoughts that is my bad
Well? Why were you so eager to get an answer to a question that could help scum, in the face of a reasonable objection to it?
I never was eager for zach to answer the question. Where are you getting that I was? I didn't care if he answered the question or not.
There's a lot of defending/buddying going on between farside and Kitty throughout day 1, in my view (from farside's very first post, in fact).
Why didn't you address this?
I didn't see it
What can I say. I thought kitty's day 1 post wasn't scummy and people going after her for her 1st post were just being rediculous
Quote:
There is no scumhunting and no analysis, and that is just not the town-farside to whom I have grown accustomed.

Why didn't you address this?

Didn't see it and to answer the question. Again this game is all meta based and it hard to get around that.
Jazz wrote:
In 141, she simply regurgitates points that others had already made, again to me it looks like she's just trying to pretend to scumhunt.
farside wrote:
In 140 Mr.Suave asked what question. I quoted the question in 141. I don't see your point here.

Are you not even reading? Try again. In 140, you quoted a previous question to MrSuave. In 141, you were simply regurgitating things that others had said
I didn't see it that way.
Wait, what? You were defending/buddying KittyMo all of Day 1, and didn't you specifically say that there was nothing wrong with KittyMo's opening post? (I didn't think there was anything wrong with her first post either, ftr) But after I called you out for defending/buddying her, suddenly you see her entry post as 'threatening'? And now you're "leaning neutral to scum" on her? Holy 180, Batman. It sure looks like you were buddying up to her on Day 1 and have now decided to drop the act.
It was a threat but it wasn't something in a bad way. It was putting people on notice. Again I saw nothing of that first post wrong and that was many people voted for her during that time page 1 was about.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by XScorpion »

It seems my bandwagon has moved. I shall follow it.
unvote
Vote:Farside
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by farside22 »

A vote count would be nice.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm at L-1. Time to claim

farside22 (5) - Jazzmyn, Nik, Zachrulez, kittyMo, xscorpion

I'm a cop. I checked lowell last night after all the hoopla and got an innocent. I was trying to not say he was town without tipping my hand
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by XScorpion »

I'm definitely not buying this. Why would you scan Lowell instead of your main target yesterday, Mr. Suave?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

hahahaha...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

So you believe your result Farside?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Lowell »

Well she clears me so I'm game. I'll believe it.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Lowell wrote:Well she clears me so I'm game. I'll believe it.
...read the first post please.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Also, you're completely willing to believe a claim
just because it clears you?

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by KittyMo »

XScorpion wrote:I'm definitely not buying this. Why would you scan Lowell instead of your main target yesterday, Mr. Suave?
:goodposting:

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I thought my laugh was better. :P
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

XScorpion wrote:I'm definitely not buying this. Why would you scan Lowell instead of your main target yesterday, Mr. Suave?
lowell is hard to read for me. I chose to go with my uncertainty over the meta argument.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Farsiiiiiiide.
Zachrulez wrote:So you believe your result Farside?
Answer the question please.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by KittyMo »

XSCORPION, ZACHRULEZ

YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS POST PLEASE?

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

KittyMo wrote:
XSCORPION, ZACHRULEZ

Hold on... more pressing matter first.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:Farsiiiiiiide.
it's a lot of WIFOM with the tailor. I have to think what are the odds of scum targeting the same person I targeted. There was 2 clear front runners for day 1 lynch. If scum wanted to pick between 2 it's possible the picked the same person I targeted for investigation.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by KittyMo »

farside22 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Farsiiiiiiide.
it's a lot of WIFOM with the tailor. I have to think what are the odds of scum targeting the same person I targeted. There was 2 clear front runners for day 1 lynch. If scum wanted to pick between 2 it's possible the picked the same person I targeted for investigation.
So what'd you come up with in your thought process...?

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Heh, now you're thinking.
farside22 wrote:I'm at L-1. Time to claim

I'm a cop. I checked lowell last night after all the hoopla and got an innocent. I was trying to not say he was town without tipping my hand
Problem is the claim post indicates that you feel that Lowell is likely town.

Bigger problem is this post.
farside22 wrote:
Lowell wrote:You guys are idiots. It's just a suggestion. How bad at this game do you think I am?

vote zach
. This guy is unbearable and obvious.
I missed the OMGUS vote.

FOS: Lowell

Starting to think you are acting out because your idea got shot down by zach and scorpion.
Yeah...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

KittyMo wrote:
XSCORPION, ZACHRULEZ

Yeah, it's crap given the fact that he's a likely tailor target regardless of his alignment. (That is WIFOM though.)

What's more important I think is the fact that he was LURKING up to this point and was quick to give his thoughts on the claim... lol
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Zachrulez wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
XSCORPION, ZACHRULEZ

Hold on... more pressing matter first.
Comment now por favor?

"plz don't swear" -- N
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by farside22 »

Zachrulez wrote:Heh, now you're thinking.
farside22 wrote:I'm at L-1. Time to claim

Problem is the claim post indicates that you feel that Lowell is likely town.

Bigger problem is this post.
farside22 wrote:
Lowell wrote:You guys are idiots. It's just a suggestion. How bad at this game do you think I am?

vote zach
. This guy is unbearable and obvious.
I missed the OMGUS vote.

FOS: Lowell

Starting to think you are acting out because your idea got shot down by zach and scorpion.
Yeah...
And that is where I start thinking about the WIFOM possiblity of the tailor.
I ask myself a thousand times over and over did scum target the same person I targeted.
I second guess myself many times over and I still don't know.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I also don't like the fact that the claim came unrequested.

Return to “Completed Open Games”