Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Socrates »

Also, there were two scum on Hoopla's support wagon, just like I predicted, and two of the three players who exhibited my political scum tell were scum, and I think I can see the difference between the scum who did it and the townie who did it. Both Monkey and Cathart tried to actively cast suspicion while Saint was just nervous about that kind of thing.

Definitely stuff to keep under my hat for future games.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ Socrates: I really did bring too much of the axiom "he who wants power should not have it" into my thought process on the political scumtell. :P I don't even know why, it's not applicable here...
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by Moai Interceptor Cannons »

Good job, Kerrigan! Cathart, I had you pegged from page one (LOL JK). I think you would've won if Kyle hadn't done what he did. Note to self, leave scumhunting to the rest of the town. Good game, all! :P
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by kyle99 »

I totally screwed up with that crappy claim, sorry Col and Monkey :(
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Was it you guys that tried to kill me off N2 and xReck protected me?
Nope. We went for Socrates, as we were pretty sure, if there was a Doc around, he'll most likely target you as obv town player.
When I died I was sure one of Hoopla or DDD was scum, because I didn't know why I was killed, then I learnt DDD was a vig and bingo it made sense
Wrong again. We killed you. You were barking the wrong tree at the time, but I feared, you could hit the right track pretty soon, and your logic was in general dangerous for us, so I opted for taking you down early.

L
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

kyle99 wrote:I totally screwed up with that crappy claim, sorry Col and Monkey :(
No worries. Live and learn.

nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by nhammen »

Why do I die N1 so often? Either I'm obv town and scum kills me, or I'm scummy and there's a vig.

Good game town! Good job kerrigan!

kyle's bus had me totally convinced. I was actually thinking that his attack on monkey meant that he was the cop, so he knew monkey was lying. That was an incredible bus kyle. Until your claim, I was sure you were town.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by kyle99 »

nhammen wrote:Why do I die N1 so often? Either I'm obv town and scum kills me, or I'm scummy and there's a vig.

Good game town! Good job kerrigan!

kyle's bus had me totally convinced. I was actually thinking that his attack on monkey meant that he was the cop, so he knew monkey was lying. That was an incredible bus kyle. Until your claim, I was sure you were town.
Thanks, I guess I did something right :)
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Socrates wrote:I LOVE that DDD didn't claim vig.
About the only thing I did right with the role, well that and making scum think I was the SK and getting killed. Putting me in LYLO with Cathart would've been a recipe for disaster. Seriously, big fucking apologies for how poorly my night actions ended up being.
SerialClergyman wrote:When I died I was sure one of Hoopla or DDD was scum, because I didn't know why I was killed, then I learnt DDD was a vig and bingo it made sense :D
But I didn't kill you...
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Wow, weird. So why did I get NKed?
I'm old now.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Red my post 829, Serial.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Ah righto.
I'm old now.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Third vote count of day 4:

Moai Interceptor Cannons (1)
Col. Cathart

Col.Cathart (2)
Moai Interceptor Cannons, SaintKerrigan

SaintKerrigan (0)

Not voting anyone (0)

With 3 votes available, it takes 2 votes to lynch someone.

If at deadline no mayority has been reached, SaintKerrigan will decide who gets lynched, regardless of the vote count.

-------------------------------------------------------
Each day, less faces showed up in the mayor's house. Each day, the arguing got more frantic. That last day, the decission came down to the mayor. Luckily for the citizens of Weglosen, the mayor chose right.

Col. Cathart has been lynched day 4. He is now dead. He was a mafia goon.

Was that it? The two survivors looked at each other, hope filling their eyes.

"I have no hostily intentions towards you."

"Neither have I."

A wide smile lightened their faces as the sound of rescue crews working towards the valley could be heard in the distance.

SaintKerrigan has survived. He was a pro-town mason.

Moai Interceptor Cannons has survived. He was a pro-town vanilla townie.

All threats to the town are dead, and at least one player of the town is still alive. Therefore:
TOWN WINS
!

--------------------------------------------------------------
Roles and nightactions in next post.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Links to the quicktopics can be found in the role pm's.

Col.Cathart and Kyle99 received:
Rolename:

Mafia Goon

Vital information:

You are a mafia goon. Your partners are [Playername1] and [Playername2]. They have the same wincondition as you do.

You have the following abilities:

Each night, and before the game begins, you may talk to your partners. Please make use of this quicktopic, so that replacements can see what you've discussed. I plan to post this link after the game has ended, if you have serious objections to this, please let me know.

Once during each night, one member of the mafia may target a player. This is done by sending a pm to the moderator that clearly states which member of the mafia is making the kill, and who is the target for this ability. If there are no exceptional circumstances, that player will die. If you do not sent in this choice, it is assumed that you don't target anyone.

During day 1, you can show your support for which player should become mayor.

During the day, you can vote on which player should be lynched.

You have the following win condition:

You win when only members of the mafia are alive, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Other information:

Please confirm that you have read the rules and your rolepm by sending a pm to the moderator, starting with the word [WORD]. If you have not confirmed within 48 hours after I sent you this pm, I will sent you a prod. If you don't confirm within 24 hours after that, I will start looking for a replacement.

I will post in the thread (which can be found HERE) and send all players a pm when the game starts. The start of the game will be at least 72 hours after I have sent out the rolepms. If I need to replace people pre-game, the start of the game will be later.

Before the start of the game, the thread is open. You are free to post there. However, votes and mayor supports made before the start of the game will not be counted.
MonkeyMan576 received:
Rolename:

Mafia Roleblocker

Vital information:

You are a mafia roleblocker. Your partners are [Playername1] and [Playername2]. They have the same wincondition as you do.

Each night, and before the game begins, you may talk to your partners. Please make use of this quicktopic, so that replacements can see what you've discussed. I plan to post this link after the game has ended, if you have serious objections to this, please let me know.

Once during each night, one member of the mafia may target a player. This is done by sending a pm to the moderator that clearly states which member of the mafia is making the kill, and who is the target for this ability. If there are no exceptional circumstances, that player will die. If you do not sent in this choice, it is assumed that you don't target anyone.

Once during each night, you may target a player. This is done by sending a pm to the moderator that clearly states who you target with this ability. If there are no exceptional circumstances, that player can't use any ability that requires a target. You can not use this ability if you are the member of the mafia who is making the kill. If you do not sent in this choice, it is assumed that you don't target anyone.

You win when only members of the mafia are alive, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Other information:

Please confirm that you have read the rules and your rolepm by sending a pm to the moderator, starting with the word [WORD]. If you have not confirmed within 48 hours after I sent you this pm, I will sent you a prod. If you don't confirm within 24 hours after that, I will start looking for a replacement.

I will post in the thread (which can be found HERE) and send all players a pm when the game starts. The start of the game will be at least 72 hours after I have sent out the rolepms. If I need to replace people pre-game, the start of the game will be later.

Before the start of the game, the thread is open. You are free to post there. However, votes and mayor supports made before the start of the game will not be counted.
nhammen and SaintKerrigan received:
Rolename:

Mason

Vital information:

You are a mason. Your partner is [Playername1]. [He/She] has the same wincondition as you do.

Each night, and before the game begins, you may talk to your partner. Please make use of this quicktopic, so that replacements can see what you've discussed. I plan to post this link after the game has ended, if you have serious objections to this, please let me know.

You win when all threats to the town are dead, and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Other information:

Debonair Danny DiPietro received:
Rolename:

Vigilante

Vital information:

You are a vigilante.

Once during each night, you may target a player. This is done by sending a pm to the moderator that clearly states who you target with this ability. If there are no exceptional circumstances, that player will die. If you do not sent in this choice, it is assumed that you don't target anyone.

You win when all threats to the town are dead, and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Other information:

xRECKONERx received:
Rolename:

Bodyguard

Vital information:

You are a bodyguard.

Once during each night, you may target a player. This is done by sending a pm to the moderator that clearly states who you target with this ability. If there are no exceptional circumstances, this will keep that player alive if they would die through a single cause, but you will die instead. If they would die through multiple causes, both of you will die. If you do not sent in this choice, it is assumed that you don't target anyone.

Other information:

charter, Moai Interceptor Cannons, SerialClergyman, Hoopla and Socrates received:
Rolename:

Vanilla Townie

Vital information:

You are a townie

Other information:

-------------------------------------------------------
Nightactions

Night 1
Col. Cathart (mafia goon) kills SerialClergyman (vanilla townie)
Debonair Danny DiPietro (vigilante) kills nhammen (mason)
xRECKONERx (bodyguard) protects Col. Cathart (mafia goon).

Night 2
Kyle99 (mafia goon) kills Socrates (vanilla townie)
Debonair Danny DiPietro (vigilante) kills xRECKONERx (bodyguard)
xRECKONERx (bodyguard) decides not to protect anyone.

Night 3
Col. Cathart (mafia goon) kills Debonair Danny DiPietro (vigilante)
Debonair Danny DiPietro (vigilante) kills charter (vanilla townie)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
thoughts in next post.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:40 pm

First of all, I want to thank all of you for playing. Virtually no prodding was needed, and the game remained replacement free. Thank you all for your activity.

When creating the setup, I started with wanting to incorporate a version of the mayor mechanic from face to face games. I wanted to have pro-town roles with reasons to support someone other then themselves from the start, which is were the masons came in. Add a vig for taking out a mafia mayor and a protective role to make sure the town decission of day 1 is not necessarily immediately negated by the mafia kill, and you end up with a rather strong town.

The first thing that surprised me was that neither the mafia nor the masons tried to get the mayor role to one of their members. I had fully expected one of the two groups to start a support bandwagon.

The next surprise came when both Kyle and Col.Cathart decided to bus MonkeyMan. He was their only powerrole, he had claimed a strong pro-town role, and most of the town players were at the very least rethinking whether Monkeyman should be lynched.

Overall though, I greatly enjoyed moderating the game.

This being my first game modded, I would love to hear suggestions on what could have been done better.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:33 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Actually, the only reason I didn't try to get nhammen the mayority was because at the time it wasn't clear that the masons were guaranteed town, and I wasn't sure if nhammen was town or not. Thus, my extreme indecision regarding who should be mayor. I don't think I supported anyone's candidacy the entire game. :P
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Whoooo, I called kyle & MonkeyMan from the start... never had my suspicions on C.C (well played), I even protected him the first night. I loved the setup and thought it was very well balanced.

In retrospect, I probably should have BG'd on N2... even if I got vig'd, it caused too much WIFOM over who I was protecting. Well played, regardless.
green shirt thursdays
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by nhammen »

I didn't support Kerrigan because he said he didn't want to be mayor. As soon as Socrates mentioned that any pro-town player should want to be mayor themselves I realized what a benefit the Masons were. But day had already started, so I could not tell Kerrigan to support me. I was waiting quite some time for Kerrigan to realize why I was supporting myself for mayor.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:11 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

nhammen, read Post #840. It explains why I didn't nominate you. Had I known the masons were guaranteed protown, I definitely would've been supporting you.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:28 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ MichelSableheart: I have a minor suggestion. Either make it known to the masons right away that they are guaranteed protown, or simply leave it up in the air as WIFOM. It would've changed my strategy drastically Day 1 had I known that both masons were protown.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by nhammen »

From our role PM: "He has the same wincondition as you do."
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:22 pm

Mason Role PM wrote:You are a mason. Your partner is [Playername1].
[He/She] has the same wincondition as you do.
I thought I had made it clear.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:41 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Oh. You're right, that was pretty clear. I somehow missed it/misinterpreted it.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:47 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”