Mini 885 - Boom, Game Gutshot/Abandoned by Mod!

Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

ChiboSempai wrote:
Evilgorrilaz wrote:VI is pretty much bastard modding. Since our mod is dead I don't see how the mod can go on about bastard modding, so I don't think we have a VI.
Can you please explain this further? Pretty much as what you mean by bastard modding, as I've never heard the term.
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... astard_Mod
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Jester

Bastard modding is the mod being a bastard. It rarely happens and our mod is dead, so I really don't see there being a jester.
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by magisterrain »

i just read through everything. definitely an interesting start to a game. 5cvm seems to be deliberately messing with everyone. the problem with this is that he's not really helping the town by doing so.
i guess i'm too late to place a random vote. however, it may take me a bit to put together a good post on what i think of everyone. i will be out of town all day tomorrow and must get some sleep right now.
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

EBWOP:
It doesn't mean the mod necessarily lies, its just that the jester role really screws with the balance of mafia (its giving town a role that tries to stop town from winning)

Also the whole point about the mod being dead is in jest. Hence, I dislike the whole jester discussion going on right now.
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

A) I think we should stop all speculation about a jester.

B) Question @
Seregil
any thoughts on
Xvart
so far?
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

Before anyone reads this post, since some people seem to believe for some reason that it's NOT good to look out for a Jester, this mindset is horrible imo. This is a forum based game with a ton of days set aside for each in-game day, potentially weeks. There is plenty of time to discover Jesters, Mafia, Independants, fell Town members, and all of that at the same time. We should be working to discover the game as a whole, by forgetting about the possibility of the Jester we are completely turning our back on a possible big part of the game. Imo as a mafia player you should play for a complete win. Sure as both town and mafia you can share a win with the Jester, but what's the point. We should work to achieve the best win possible.

---

I don't understand what all of this bastard mod business is about. I asked what it was because I didn't think it was the obvious explanation - the mod being a bastard. Jesters are parts of a lot of games, deal with it. In the 6 or so games I've been a part of, there's been a Jester in the setup 3 times if I'm not mistaken, and not all of my games are done yet so there could be more. The way you guys are acting is quite annoying. Instead of bitching about the possibility of the Jester, find out who he is, and don't let him win. If we find out who he is, we can mark them off as a person to not lynch.

And what's the big deal with the mod being dead so to speak? It's called flavor text. The mod was simply setting the mood for the game. He could have put Mr. Faker McFakerFaker the Mayor Died Night 0 and it would be no different. Learn to discern between what information is important for us to know and what isn't.

---

Why it's good to hunt for Jesters (Referring to some people's claims of it being scummy like ConfidAnon):
-Jesters are part of the game, we shouldn't refuse to turn our backs on any part of the game. Knowledge is power.
-A Jester is independent that can win the game. If we discover who they are, we can stop them from winning.
-If we can discover who the Jester is, that's someone we can take off of our potential lynch pool. Making the lynch pool smaller and smaller makes it easier to target scum. For instance, we're at 12 members right now. With today's lynch at the moment we have a 1/12 chance (or 8.3%) in lynching a scum member with a lynch pool of 12. If we work enough to deduce who we think can be a Jester, then we're taking a person out of our lynch pool (since we're labeling someone as a person we don't want to lynch), we would have a 1/11 chance (or 9%) in lynching scum. Every extra little bit helps.
-Jesters do not help the town. They get in the way of the game essentially and by them making the town want to lynch them, it's only going to stop the town from lynching scum. Yes, our main focus in the game is too take out the scum, though a Jester trying to get us to lynch him is going to lead us off track from our main goal. Finding out who the Jester is can help our judgment and keep our eyes on the main goal.

---

As for me saying how I don't like xvart's replies, sorry about this. It doesn't really apply anymore. It was originally when you said how you though 5cvm was really scummy, but didn't vote him and the next two people pointed out why you didn't. I was confused at all of that because you asked if there could be a VI, and in every game and situation I've dealt with so far it's always been called a Jester, so I had no idea what a VI was. Now that I know it means Village idiot, a lot has been cleared up and I understand your position at the time.

Though one thing of note seems that you are being fairly defensive against the claims of you Jester hunting. Whether or not you want to - or even if you were in the first place, it seemed to have struck a soft spot on you when people are trying to use it as a scumtell for you, though tbh, so many people will make a scumtell out of anything on D1 since there's nothing else to go off of yet.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:45 am

Post by rite »

/confirm, sorry I've been MIA guys, had a good friend in town and wasn't on the internet much, it shouldn't happen again.

I'm on board with the argument CS made just now (except for those odds calculations-- there's more than one scum, so the odds are higher than 1/12 or 1/11, right? or am I missing some huge mechanic?). I'm going to treat 5cvm as a jester until I have some reason not to.

However, I'm still curious about him. 5cvm, can you explain why you voted for me back on page one? Was it just a "prod" to make sure I got posting, and, if so, why? if you really are scum, then what is your objective? if you're not really scum, this is the point where you stop joking around (har har).
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Aranfan »

Unvote: 5cvm

I am convinced that 5cvm can only be a Jester. It's the only thing that makes any sort of sense.
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:21 am

Post by 5cvm »

I am convinced that 5cvm can only be a Jester. It's the only thing that makes any sort of sense.
I'm not a jester, I'm scum. However you thinking that does serve my purposes so cheers! :)
what is your objective?
Good question. My objective is to eliminate the town. However, I know that in order to not get lynched, I should play in the town's best interests. And since I know that Xvart and TheButtonmen are my scumbuddies and hitogoroshi is the informed SK, :idea: it is very easy to play in the town's best interest.
Cases are overrated. Point to something blatantly scummy and insist that people are idiots if they don't see it and agree that the perpetrator is scum. ~Vi
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:34 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

True, my mistake about the stupid calculations lol. Either way, eliminating someone from the lynch pool increases our chances of finding scum.

However everyone, don't count 5cvum out just yet, just keep this in mind. There are plenty of things that can be done to help the situation, such as waiting for a potential cop to investigate him, waiting for nightkills, etc.

In the worst case scenario that he is actually scum (damnit WIFOM) then we would eventually learn more intel later as to whether or not he's telling the truth.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:49 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

ChiboSempai wrote:Before anyone reads this post, since some people seem to believe for some reason that it's NOT good to look out for a Jester, this mindset is horrible imo.
We should be working to discover the game as a whole, by forgetting about the possibility of the Jester we are completely turning our back on a possible big part of the game.
Imo as a mafia player you should play for a complete win. Sure as both town and mafia you can share a win with the Jester, but what's the point. We should work to achieve the best win possible.
In the 6 or so games I've been a part of, there's been a Jester in the setup 3 times if I'm not mistaken, and not all of my games are done yet so there could be more.
In the 6 or so games I've been a part of, there's been a Jester in the setup 3 times if I'm not mistaken, and not all of my games are done yet so there could be more.
The way you guys are acting is quite annoying. Instead of bitching about the possibility of the Jester, find out who he is, and don't let him win. If we find out who he is, we can mark them off as a person to not lynch.
It's never good to say someone can't be lynched when its based off of uncomfirmable things. Eliminating people from the suspect pool is a terrible idea when they are unconfirmed, it doesn't help us find mafia at all.

Also this is a Mini, can you find examples of a non theme mini with a jester?
Even if there was a jester I would rather play smart and get a nonexclusive win then play badly and lose.

Your account has been in 4 games, this one, DeathNote where you dropped out of, Bloodlust which had no joker and Crayola catastrophe, which while it did have a jester was also a Theme game. Yet you claim to be at the vary least 3 for 6 with jesters?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:14 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

xvart, 73 wrote:I understand that. I don't think I can be any more clear: I wasn't looking for a jester; I was asking a simple question about game setup before I considered putting another vote on him.
This point is devolving into "I'm right!" "No, I'm right!"

My stance is that by asking about the possibility of a jester, you were looking for a jester, but I'm done arguing it. It's up to everyone else to decide who's right on this matter.
xvart, 73, cont. wrote:You are the one making that case, not me. I never once defended him and said he was the jester. I was asking about the game setup. In fact, I wasn't the only one who made note of the odd posting behavior:
Fair point. I assumed that you were wary of lynching a jester, hence you weren't going to vote for him. If you're going to vote him, then the point is null . . . . but you didn't vote him. That's why that case is a possibility.

BTW, here's an interesting thing everyone should read:

This is the key line:
mafiawiki wrote:If a Jester is lynched before any other faction has won, the game will usually continue to determine second place.
If there is a jester, they are more than likely getting lynched, just saying.
xvart, 73, cont. wrote:Do you really think that the mafia and the (mostly likely) non-existent jester have already planned out this grand scheme you suggest?
No, but if a jester existed, they would seek to do so.
xvart, 73, cont. wrote:ConfidAnon - who do you think is more anti-town at this point? Me or 5cvm?
5cvm is more anti-town, while you are scummier. There's a difference there . . . your question sounds like you were using it to make yourself look better.
xvart, 73, cont. wrote:I just want to make it clear to you, ConfidAnon, that you are the one that continues to talk about the jester, not me. I'm just answering to your allegations that are unfounded.
I agree, but I'm not hunting for a jester . . . I'm calling you scummy for hunting for the jester. I won't argue that point any more, but it's not going away. And my allegations are founded, whether you acknowlege it or not.

ChiboSempai's 79 - Not quoting because it's so long. Anyways, not gonna argue this . . . after the game I think there should be an MD topic. I'd rather scumhunt than argue theory.

5cvm . . . quit trolling. kthnx.
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Aranfan »

As Chibo says, no reason we have to settle for second place.
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:30 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

I started playing maifa at SWF before here, which is where my other games are. What's the difference between a Theme game and a Normal game? They're essentially the same without flavor text. So yea, Crayola Catastrophe was a mini game on this site that did have a Jester.

I fixed my wording on the stance of this in a recent post. It's not that I'm straight out eliminating 5cvm out of a lynch pool indefinitely, I'm just saying that he's likely not a safe lynch
today
. More intel will come as to whether or not he is a Jester, and it's just something we should keep in mind.

ConfidAnon - Well yea, they are more than likely to get lynched as all they have to do is purposefully act scummy and make the town want to lynch him, but you should definitely know that lynching isn't the only way to kill someone lol. There's tones of other ways someone can die, from both day and night killers (not to mention the common mafia night kill).

Jesters are anti-town. Straight up, as they are another faction that can take the win away from the Town and mess up their judgment. By lynching a Jester you're
not
lynching scum which is the whole point of the game. However, the Jester is also anti-mafia as well. Same as town, it's another faction that can take a true win away, not to mention with the bullcrap a Jester can cause, with how 5cvm is claiming these scumbuddies, what if one of those 2 were actually scum? I'm sure the scum wouldn't like someone just making brash claims that could be putting unnecessary attention on the scum members.

Let's move beyond this, people mostly seem to be in agreement with this mindset. There isn't much to go off of in any Day 1 situation, especially in this game that's very young as it is. How about them reactions to 5cvms claim?
Show
join game

lynch town

win
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:51 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

~Trying to read this all again and I can't make heads or tails of it.

5cvm keeps claiming that all of these different people are scum, yet he says himself that he is scum so he would know who scum are. Yet he goes and votes who he knows are scum but that would be scum voting scum which a scum's goal should be to vote town, there's really no sense in bussing this early in the game. Perhaps the most important thing to realize is that he has 0 proof for why we should believe all of these claims or think that these people are scum.

One thing that stood out to me is when 5cvm first said that TheButtonMen and xvart were scum, then Button goes and votes xvart. Just going ahead and agreeing with 5cvm almost makes me think that Button is trying to clear himself in everyone elses eyes by voting someone who has been called out as scum. This is the only way I could see bussing be valid this early in the game if by some stroke of luck 5cvm actually did just conveniently out 2 scum members. That's a chance I'm not willing to take this early though.

Rite - mind giving some more input on the game so far, mostly concerning with not 5cvm's self claim, but his assertion of who he has said is scum so far.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Boxman »

With rite confirming, everyone is confirmed! Hurray!

Vote Count 3 of Day 1

xvart (3) - 5cvm, TheButtonmen, ConfidAnon
A_Squirrel (1) - Evilgorrilaz
rite (1) - ChiboSempai
magisterrain (1) - Seregil
5cvm (1) - A_Squirrel
TheButtonmen (1) - hitogoroshi

Not Voting (4) - Aranfan, rite, magisterrain, xvart

Current Deadline:
None yet, pending activity

As an aside, keep up the high activity so far!
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

Oh yea, I forgot

Now that rite is finally confirmed...

Unvote
Show
join game

lynch town

win
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

A theme game is different from a normal in that it features roles with unusual mechanics (like maybe enablers or mutating roles), or it is based off of an outside source (like, for example, a game where all the roles are named after the characters from a TV show), or both.

I like the point about Button in Post 88, but I'm more comfortable with my xvart vote atm.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

This is just garbage. It's pretty unlikely we have a jester; my two cents is that 5cvm is probably a townie who thinks he has some super l33t way of catching scum by acting like a jackass out of the starting gate. (And that's he's an alt because he doesn't want this general wankery tied to his normal account.) At any rate this babble is just stopping us from entering the game before we decide whether or not to put the gibbering loon out of his misery.

The fatalistic and cynical side of me thinks that 5cvm is going to triumphantly reveal his 'plan' at L-1 and just waste our time until then, but the optimistic part of me has to say - 5cvm, this is a load of anti-town bollocks and stop it.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by xvart »

ChiboSempai wrote:Though one thing of note seems that you are being fairly defensive against the claims of you Jester hunting. Whether or not you want to - or even if you were in the first place, it seemed to have struck a soft spot on you when people are trying to use it as a scumtell for you, though tbh, so many people will make a scumtell out of anything on D1 since there's nothing else to go off of yet.
Sure, and I can see this. I probably was a little too defensive just because I felt (and still feel) like a case is being built out of nothing at all; especially now that others have engaged in the conversation (to a greater degree than I) and yet I'm still the scummy one. It's contradictory. And the fact that a couple of pages has now been spent discussing the jester doesn't matter at all to me. We don't have a deadline right now, so I feel pretty comfortable with the direction of the discussion since we are still gaining information from other players (and myself for that matter).

Regardless, the jester conversation was going to come out whether it was me or not, since it was also noticed by someone else.
ChiboSempai wrote:Though one thing of note seems that you are being fairly defensive against the claims of you Jester hunting. Whether or not you want to - or even if you were in the first place, it seemed to have struck a soft spot on you when people are trying to use it as a scumtell for you, though tbh, so many people will make a scumtell out of anything on D1 since there's nothing else to go off of yet.
Sure, and I can see this. I probably was a little too defensive just because I felt (and still feel) like a case is being built out of nothing at all; especially now that others have engaged in the conversation (to a greater degree than I) and yet I'm still the scummy one. It's contradictory. And the fact that a couple of pages has now been spent discussing the jester doesn't matter at all to me. We don't have a deadline right now, so I feel pretty comfortable with the direction of the discussion since we are still gaining information from other players (and myself for that matter).

Regardless, the jester conversation was going to come out whether it was me or not.
ChiboSempai wrote:ConfidAnon - Well yea, they are more than likely to get lynched as all they have to do is purposefully act scummy and make the town want to lynch him, but you should definitely know that lynching isn't the only way to kill someone lol. There's tones of other ways someone can die, from both day and night killers (not to mention the common mafia night kill).
ChiboSempai wrote:Jesters are anti-town. Straight up, as they are another faction that can take the win away from the Town and mess up their judgment. By lynching a Jester you're
not
lynching scum which is the whole point of the game. However, the Jester is also anti-mafia as well. Same as town, it's another faction that can take a true win away, not to mention with the bullcrap a Jester can cause, with how 5cvm is claiming these scumbuddies, what if one of those 2 were actually scum? I'm sure the scum wouldn't like someone just making brash claims that could be putting unnecessary attention on the scum members.
This is a good point. I hadn't even thought of getting in the way of the mafia's win condition.
ConfidAnon wrote:
xvart, 73 wrote:I understand that. I don't think I can be any more clear: I wasn't looking for a jester; I was asking a simple question about game setup before I considered putting another vote on him.
This point is devolving into "I'm right!" "No, I'm right!"

My stance is that by asking about the possibility of a jester, you were looking for a jester, but I'm done arguing it.
That's fine; although you continued to argue it in that same post? Do you just have to have the last word or the final punch to continue to paint me in this scummy light?
ConfidAnon wrote:If there is a jester, they are more than likely getting lynched, just saying.
Now you are hypothesizing about a jester, which you've already said is scummy; not only that, but you are resigned to second place being a satisfactory win.
ConfidAnon wrote:
xvart, 73, cont. wrote:Do you really think that the mafia and the (mostly likely) non-existent jester have already planned out this grand scheme you suggest?
No, but if a jester existed, they would seek to do so.
I thought even simply hypothesizing about a jester was scummy?
ConfidAnon wrote:
xvart, 73, cont. wrote:ConfidAnon - who do you think is more anti-town at this point? Me or 5cvm?
5cvm is more anti-town, while you are scummier. There's a difference there . . . your question sounds like you were using it to make yourself look better.
Good point regarding scummy vs. anti-town behavior. Regardless, I wasn't trying to make myself look better. I was trying to see your priorities, or rather how important (or lack of importance) 5cvm's behavior was in your book.
ConfidAnon wrote:I agree, but I'm not hunting for a jester . . . I'm calling you scummy for hunting for the jester. I won't argue that point any more, but it's not going away. And my allegations are founded, whether you acknowlege it or not.
Your definition of "hunting for a jester" is pretty perplexing to me. Why are you dead set on building this case against me for
asking about game setup
"hunting for a jester" when others are even more engaged in the jester discussion than I have ever been:
ChiboSempai wrote:Before anyone reads this post, since some people seem to believe for some reason that it's NOT good to look out for a Jester, this mindset is horrible imo. This is a forum based game with a ton of days set aside for each in-game day, potentially weeks. There is plenty of time to discover Jesters, Mafia, Independants, fell Town members, and all of that at the same time. We should be working to discover the game as a whole, by forgetting about the possibility of the Jester we are completely turning our back on a possible big part of the game. Imo as a mafia player you should play for a complete win. Sure as both town and mafia you can share a win with the Jester, but what's the point. We should work to achieve the best win possible.
ChiboSempai wrote:Why it's good to hunt for Jesters (Referring to some people's claims of it being scummy like ConfidAnon):
-Jesters are part of the game, we shouldn't refuse to turn our backs on any part of the game. Knowledge is power.
-A Jester is independent that can win the game. If we discover who they are, we can stop them from winning.
-If we can discover who the Jester is, that's someone we can take off of our potential lynch pool. Making the lynch pool smaller and smaller makes it easier to target scum. For instance, we're at 12 members right now. With today's lynch at the moment we have a 1/12 chance (or 8.3%) in lynching a scum member with a lynch pool of 12. If we work enough to deduce who we think can be a Jester, then we're taking a person out of our lynch pool (since we're labeling someone as a person we don't want to lynch), we would have a 1/11 chance (or 9%) in lynching scum. Every extra little bit helps.
-Jesters do not help the town. They get in the way of the game essentially and by them making the town want to lynch them, it's only going to stop the town from lynching scum. Yes, our main focus in the game is too take out the scum, though a Jester trying to get us to lynch him is going to lead us off track from our main goal. Finding out who the Jester is can help our judgment and keep our eyes on the main goal.
Aranfan wrote:
Unvote: 5cvm

So let me ask you this, ConfidAnon: Who is scummier based on these jester hunts? Me, Aranfan, or ChiboSempai? Who on that list has been more pro-jester hypothesizing or jester hunting?
ConfidAnon wrote:BTW, here's an interesting thing everyone should read:

This is the key line:
mafiawiki wrote:If a Jester is lynched before any other faction has won, the game will usually continue to determine second place.
If there is a jester, they are more than likely getting lynched, just saying.
Also, how should the town feel about your resignation to second place being satisfactory? I guess we disagree on this since I play for the town first place win.
ChiboSempai wrote:One thing that stood out to me is when 5cvm first said that TheButtonMen and xvart were scum, then Button goes and votes xvart. Just going ahead and agreeing with 5cvm almost makes me think that Button is trying to clear himself in everyone elses eyes by voting someone who has been called out as scum. This is the only way I could see bussing be valid this early in the game if by some stroke of luck 5cvm actually did just conveniently out 2 scum members. That's a chance I'm not willing to take this early though.
Interesting observation. I know it is not possible for both TheButtonMen and myself to be scum; so I could only add that his vote on me was the attempt to start a bandwagon on me instead of him.

xvart.
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Aranfan »

I agree with most of what xvart says, we shouldn't be satisfied with second place.

Also, the case on him seems to be based on a blind assertion from 5cvm, hardly a reliable source.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

A couple of things, first of all the vote for
Xvart
was done because at the time he seemed the scummiest (note, the scummiest not I thought he was scum) and wanted to see his reaction.

As for his reaction, there was a large increase in his post count / length since the votes were placed on him, yet oddly enough in those posts he never mentioned the votes directly.

Now then with that said
Unvote, Vote Aranfan

Aranfan
keeps repeating that we should try to win not take second and is pushing the jester idea. This urging of the town to search for a jester rather then scum hunt seems quite scummy.

Now as for the whole jester thing, even if there is a Jester (and I don't think there is), god forbid the Jester and the town win. The town still wins! However if we compromise our scum hunting because of fear of a jester then that increases the chance of town not winning.

Also @
Aranfan
why the sudden reversal from voting for 5cvm to thinking he's a jester and we can't lynch him? 5cvm has been acting the same way the entire game, so what changed your mind?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by xvart »

TheButtonmen wrote:A couple of things, first of all the vote for
Xvart
was done because at the time he seemed the scummiest (note, the scummiest not I thought he was scum) and wanted to see his reaction.

As for his reaction, there was a large increase in his post count / length since the votes were placed on him, yet oddly enough in those posts he never mentioned the votes directly.
Are you suggesting that it is a negative that I did not mention the votes? I'm more concerned with the arguments that influenced the voting instead of the votes themselves. I'm more concerned with good and accurate content at this point than someone voting for me.

xvart.
A_Squirrel
A_Squirrel
Townie
A_Squirrel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by A_Squirrel »

TheButtonmen wrote:A couple of things, first of all the vote for
Xvart
What in particular made him seem scummy?
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by Aranfan »

TheButtonmen wrote:
Aranfan
keeps repeating that we should try to win not take second and is pushing the jester idea. This urging of the town to search for a jester rather then scum hunt seems quite scummy.

Now as for the whole jester thing, even if there is a Jester (and I don't think there is), god forbid the Jester and the town win. The town still wins! However if we compromise our scum hunting because of fear of a jester then that increases the chance of town not winning.

Also @
Aranfan
why the sudden reversal from voting for 5cvm to thinking he's a jester and we can't lynch him? 5cvm has been acting the same way the entire game, so what changed your mind?
As had been said, jester hunting as well as scum hunting increases the chances of correctly lynching from X/12 to X/11.

As to the "sudden reversal" I was trying to figure out why the heck 5cvm would be acting the way he was, and didn't think of Jester until it was suggested. However, Jester fits perfectly, and I'm not satisfied with second place.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@
xvart
Nope, I used the term odd on purpose

@ A_
Squirrel
, Xvart vote for you is what caught my interest, it seemed like a nonrandom vote and I didn't like the reasoning.

@
Aranfan
Eliminating someone as a possible scum because they are too scummy to be scum is a terrible idea! Sigh even if there was a a Jester; playing as a Jester is basically playing like scum (given that a jester wants to be lynched, thus they emulate scum). So if there was a jester there should be no way to tell their posts apart from scums. Thus to assume there's a jester and ignore scummy posts for being to scummy means you also ignore scum tells from the mafia.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”