Mini 885 - Boom, Game Gutshot/Abandoned by Mod!

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:11 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

I'm going with no, due Arafan's wording on his surrender post.

Also Booooo @ mod, this is pretty unclassy behaviour.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:37 am

Post by xvart »

First, I wanted to apologize to everyone for my absence. I went on vacation and my hotel did not have internet connection, despite it advertising that it did; so I had no way to contact the mods. As soon as I got back I sent a pm to the two mods of the games I was in. I did not know how far along Boxman was with the replacements so I just asked him to let me know if he wanted me to just continue with my role or if he had someone else lined up already. I guess the reason I never heard from him was because the game was abandoned. I really feel bad about my absence and I hope all is forgiven.

I was a watcher. I watched hitogorshi the first night. I almost watched Civil Scum instead, but I tried to set him up as a solid townie by echoing Hito's claim that he was a solid town read, just to see if he would survive the night. If he was around the next day I was going to come out guns ablazing after him since he would have been the ideal night kill, and if he was dead I would have seen the person that targeted him.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:26 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

oh my god so many prs wat

this set up = :/
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Humble Poirot »

I told you hito... Newb mod made this setup PR heavy... But I couldn't outright say it without outing myself as one...

Since Boxman didn't modkill 5cvm for claiming scum I knew we'd have problems with him. He never posted votecounts either. He never actively searched for replacements... It's not that hard. Seriously. His low activity (not giving prods) made lurking and inactiveness a general disease.

5cvm's play this game wass horrible. He made an alt so he could screw with other people and wasn't decent enough to finish playing the game. That pisses me off... I'll remember he is milkshake.

If EvilGorillaz is not scum then this setup was pretty anti-scum. I hope that the sk was kill inmune too or it would've been hell for him.

We still won, in my opinion... Somebody should pm Civil Scum asking them if he had any partners (EG) or not. Chibo was definetly going to get lynched.
If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:00 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Too bad the mod left :(

Oh well, good game D-1 anyways.

Evil gorillaz was the third scum
, you guys had them both against the wall, part of the reason I was making so much noise ;)

So button, what gave it away? I did keep mentioning aranfan as a second thought, but to be fair you asked me directly about 3 times haha. And I did slip maybe assuming he was scum when I mentioned the other game I had played. But after I spoke in twilight (planning on being around for a long time to come) I was afraid someone might meta me later and see that someone had claimed dead scum in twilight my last game, and then I'd be forced to explain why i believed aranfan's... :/

Anywho, I learned that next time I replace in and both of my scum partners have hung themselves already, I should just bus easily, cleanly, and immediately.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Yeah, hito I was also less than impressed with the number of pr's, especially killing roles. I think I'll only play standard games form here on in.

And for the record, I can't believe scvm didn't get lynched and no one agreed or listened to you on that. Haha --->RIDICULOUS!

And a couple people were voicing agreement with me on you... REDICULOUS :P

And I'm not sure about that xvart...slow down there...I was going to link you pretty solidly to aranfan D-2, after explaining my turn around on hito and bashing scvm for him a little. You were going down with aranfan, xvart, believe me.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:13 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Your post arafan giving up stuff was super scum.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

The other guy didn't hammer himself either...

I did slip up pretty bad... :( :( :(
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by Furry »

Too many PRs

That is all
Temporary unretired alt
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:04 pm

Post by Furry »

Actually no, not all if we are just going to rail on the mod

He told me someone had targeted me for a kill and I should stop reading. I had stopped reading incase this happened, but thats not something a mod should do. I have changed targets last minute as scum and town, me not dying would of brought mod-WIFOM into the game.
Temporary unretired alt
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Vote: Boxman
Lynch all lurkers bros, its for the good of the town.
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Humble Poirot »

Civil Scum wrote:
, you guys had them both against the wall, part of the reason I was making so much noise ;)
lol!!!

I was right!!! Damn it!! I knew that EG had to be scum!!! What was his role?
Civil Scum wrote:Yeah, hito I was also less than impressed with the number of pr's, especially killing roles. I think I'll only play standard games form here on in.
What you need to do is look for reliable mods.
And for the record, I can't believe scvm didn't get lynched and no one agreed or listened to you on that. Haha --->RIDICULOUS!
I kept telling you guys... 5cvm scum didn't make sense... He was doing it for the lulz... HE wouldn't risk getting lynched by acting like that if he was scum. I'm not saying some people might refuge in audacity but it just didn't fit his profile.

I think that, given that we attacked both scum on day one, killed the other scum night 1, were going to lynch the SK day 2 and I was probably going to redirect EG to himself night 2... This is an honorary win. Too bad the mod flaked so hard.

I'm happy with my reads this game. The only thing I didn't anticipate at the time was Civil Scum -> scum but I usually lean town on pro-town players in the beginning because it helps the game even if they're scum.

Too bad I had a lot of things going on IRL. Sorry about that.

Also... when thebutton said I was scummy without ever having said so earlier I suddenly put him on my list as scum with EG to see if he would react crazyly or something. But he didn't so I dropped it.

All in all... good job fellas... We pretty much nailed them. Scum would've had it rough anyway, with so many PRs... but after last night... it was outright impossible for scum to win.

so... town win in bad setup.

see ya.
If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

I say it's a draw, or n/a the game was never officially won by any faction and cannot be counted.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:54 am

Post by xvart »

Civil Scum wrote:
Shit. I was all over him!

Civil Scum wrote:And I'm not sure about that xvart...slow down there...I was going to link you pretty solidly to aranfan D-2, after explaining my turn around on hito and bashing scvm for him a little. You were going down with aranfan, xvart, believe me.
Yeah, it's possible I could have gone down do to my significant drop off in activity even prior to going on vacation; but, I'm pretty sure I could have stayed alive, though. I was trying to buy my time until I was away from my job. I really hate my job and was having some serious motivation problems with anything personal related... I was so excited to go away and have some time away from the job and the stresses and everything else and get back in the game.

It is nice to know that my gut reads were right, especially after I went off the deep end and totally blew it last game on a gut read. That's why I was having trouble following through on someone. I so wanted to keep going on both EG and Civil but I just couldn't because I kept second guessing myself.

I was having a lot of fun with the game, despite having personal problems.

xvart.
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Aranfan »

TheButtonmen wrote:I'm going with no, due Arafan's wording on his surrender post.

Also Booooo @ mod, this is pretty unclassy behaviour.
Gorilla was scum. I was trying to throw you off.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”