Mini 885 - Boom, Game Gutshot/Abandoned by Mod!

ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

TheButtonmen wrote:Now as for the whole jester thing, even if there is a Jester (and I don't think there is), god forbid the Jester and the town win. The town still wins! However if we compromise our scum hunting because of fear of a jester then that increases the chance of town not winning.
God forbid the Jester and the Town win as in... you're ok if the Jester is lynched.

A Jester being lynched is NOT a scum player being lynched, which is ultimately our goal.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

5cvm wrote:
I am convinced that 5cvm can only be a Jester. It's the only thing that makes any sort of sense.
I'm not a jester, I'm scum. However you thinking that does serve my purposes so cheers! :)
what is your objective?
Good question. My objective is to eliminate the town. However, I know that in order to not get lynched, I should play in the town's best interests. And since I know that Xvart and TheButtonmen are my scumbuddies and hitogoroshi is the informed SK, :idea: it is very easy to play in the town's best interest.
I somehow missed this post before, this was the first time I saw it.

What?

Why do you believe hitogoroshi is an SK? Also, what do you mean by the
informed
SK?

If all 5cvm is going to do this game is just claim random people are random bad roles, we can't even listen to this guy. As much as I hate to practically block him out of my mind, this nonsense he keeps saying is ultimately going to stray us off track. Though that in turn is a pretty scummy tactic. Damnit I can't let this WIFOM nonsense get to me.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@
ChiboSempai
, How do you propose we differentiate between scum play and jester play then?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by xvart »

TheButtonmen wrote:Sigh even if there was a a Jester; playing as a Jester is basically playing like scum (given that a jester wants to be lynched, thus they emulate scum). So if there was a jester there should be no way to tell their posts apart from scums.
What are you talking about? There is a huge difference: that being the jester wants to get lynched and the scum don't want to be noticed; therefore there is a HUGE difference between their posting styles. Which is exactly why the posting style is so significant.

I do agree that eliminating someone from lynching because they are too scum to be scum is not a good idea; but 5cvm's behavior is so outlandish that he isn't going anywhere and he can't erase his behavior. Are you concerned that if we don't lynch 5cvm today that everyone might forget about his antics tomorrow?

xvart.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@
xvart
, no there isn't a huge difference between scums and a Jesters posting style, the jester wants to apper as scum, thus emulates scum posting style. Also concerned? No actually I would throw a party if everyone magically forgot about 5cvm's antics today.
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by Aranfan »

TheButtonmen wrote:@
Aranfan
Eliminating someone as a possible scum because they are too scummy to be scum is a terrible idea! Sigh even if there was a a Jester; playing as a Jester is basically playing like scum (given that a jester wants to be lynched, thus they emulate scum). So if there was a jester there should be no way to tell their posts apart from scums. Thus to assume there's a jester and ignore scummy posts for being to scummy means you also ignore scum tells from the mafia.
Except that Scum are trying to act like town so as to not get lynched. That means Jesters will be overt, while Scum will be covert. 5cvm is clearly and obviously a Jester, we can thus move on to hunting the real scum.

Although the question occurs as to who gets first place if the Jester lynched as the final anti-town faction.
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by Aranfan »

Also, in my first game there was a guy who claimed scum and acted like a total asswipe.

He was the Doc.

So I'm leery of lynching someone who is overtly scummy.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Aranfan wrote:
Aranfan
Eliminating someone as a possible scum because they are too scummy to be scum is a terrible idea! Sigh even if there was a a Jester; playing as a Jester is basically playing like scum (given that a jester wants to be lynched, thus they emulate scum). So if there was a jester there should be no way to tell their posts apart from scums. Thus to assume there's a jester and ignore scummy posts for being to scummy means you also ignore scum tells from the mafia.
Except that Scum are trying to act like town so as to not get lynched. That means Jesters will be overt, while Scum will be covert. 5cvm is clearly and obviously a Jester, we can thus move on to hunting the real scum.

Although the question occurs as to who gets first place if the Jester lynched as the final anti-town faction.
If 5cvm is scum, Aranfan is his scumbuddy.
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by Aranfan »

EBWOP: Without other evidence I meant to say.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

MegaSuperConfirmUltraVote: Aranfan

Wow.... Just wow... In response to your statements, I have to ask you If being overtly scummy is a good way to not get lynched why would scum not be overt? Why would jesters want to be overt?
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

ChiboSempai
, How do you propose we differentiate between scum play and jester play then?
Just acting scummy isn't the fastest and most effective way to get lynched. Acting scummy will only have the mafia members want to keep you around, as it is a scummy acting not scum person that the town can focus on to lynch, stopping any mafia members from getting lynched.

A Jester needs to make sure they are lynched, and needs what is potentially the most amount of votes in each day phase, coming from both townies and scum. Acting scummy won't get mafia players to vote for you, so a Jester has to piss them off in other ways, such as accidentally outting them and/or drawing unnecessary attention to them (exactly what 5cvm is doing with claiming that various people are his scumbuddies).
Aranfan wrote:
Aranfan

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong on my interpretation of all this, but this is the worst thing I've seen all game yet (outside of the 5cvm case obviously).

1. You're completely certain that 5cvm is a Jester. Even though it is possible, and that is practically the discussion at hand, we've also made it quite clear that everything that has happened does not make it that 5cvm is 100% Jester. This could be a genius mafia ploy to make us not lynch him. However, the point that has come from all of this is that it's safer to not lynch him today at least, and see if we get any future intel in next day or 2 for us to better determine if he is a Jester or not.

2. You said in your next post yourself that there was someone who acted like 5cvm and ended up being the Doc, and yet you're extremely confident that 5cvm is a Jester.

Vote: Aranfan
Show
join game

lynch town

win
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by Aranfan »

Button,

Being overtly scummy is an excellent way to get lynched, I was leading the wagon in the game I referenced, that's why scum don't act overtly scummy. Additionally, there's usually only one Jester in a game if that many, so at most only one of the scum could use the strategy.

My reluctance is purely a reaction against lynching the Doc in my first game, not a general thing.

Chibo,

I'm advocating not lynching 5cvm today, and waiting for more info. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by xvart »

xvart
, no there isn't a huge difference between scums and a Jesters posting style, the jester wants to apper as scum, thus emulates scum posting style. Also concerned? No actually I would throw a party if everyone magically forgot about 5cvm's antics today.
So, you must think 5cvm is either:
  1. scum;
  2. an idiot;
  3. something else?
Which is it?

xvart.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@ xvart
1. Not sure, 2. Yes, 3. No*

*If by something else you mean jester.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by xvart »

TheButtonmen wrote:
@ xvart
1. Not sure, 2. Yes, 3. No*

*If by something else you mean jester.
Nope, while certainly that is an option. I was just leaving the door open if you had some other theory about his behavior.

xvart.
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by 5cvm »

Guys I think we should dial back our interaction with eachother a little because the more we interact the more obvious it becomes that we're scum. ;)
Cases are overrated. Point to something blatantly scummy and insist that people are idiots if they don't see it and agree that the perpetrator is scum. ~Vi
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

xvart wrote: I was just leaving the door open if you had some other theory about his behavior.
xvart.
My best guess at this moment is a mixture of two things, A) he's an idiot, B) He's trying to be cool and pro by doing some crazy gambit.
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:03 am

Post by 5cvm »

Sigh, take one step out of the norm and your fellow mafia see it as an opportunity to gain some town cred by bashing it. :)
Cases are overrated. Point to something blatantly scummy and insist that people are idiots if they don't see it and agree that the perpetrator is scum. ~Vi
A_Squirrel
A_Squirrel
Townie
A_Squirrel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:11 am

Post by A_Squirrel »

TheButtonmen wrote:@ A_
Squirrel
, Xvart vote for you is what caught my interest, it seemed like a nonrandom vote and I didn't like the reasoning.
Why did you use
Then clearly this means I must join the voting game and bus him!
as your reason for voting him?

What did you think about the random.org coincidence?

Why didn't you say anything about his reasoning?
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by rite »

TheButtonmen wrote: My best guess at this moment is a mixture of two things, A) he's an idiot, B) He's trying to be cool and pro by doing some crazy gambit.
This, and that he's most likely just a townie who thinks he can break this game wide open (for the record, though it's probably obvious, I don't think he can).

Nothing else seems quite right. I feel like if he were a jester, he would have adjusted his methods when he saw the response he got (and how quickly people started screaming jester). I suppose he might actually be scum, but I'd like to believe that this "strategy" is outside the realm of possibility for anyone who understands the game at all.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I think it's important to distinguish between alignment and action. A townie can act anti-town, and this is I think what 5cvm is doing. As I said before (which is more or less what rite also just said right above me) I think 5cvm is just some townie who thinks they are OMG SO EPIC for pulling A SUPER L33T GAMBIT!!! But regardless of this he is derailing the whole game and I'm about two more pages of drivel away from voting him just so he shuts up.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by 5cvm »

Well, aren't you guys just a fun-loving little bunch of townies? ^^
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Seregil »

TheButtonmen wrote:A) I think we should stop all speculation about a jester.
B) Question @
Seregil
any thoughts on
Xvart
so far?
I didn't notice anything scummy about xvart's posts. Maybe I just read them differently than Confid and Chibo, but I found their questioning of xvart slightly strange (e.g. Confid claiming xvart was jester hunting by merely raising the possibility and Chibo "not liking xvart's replies")

For the record I would be surprised if there were a Jester given that this is a mini-normal game.
TheButtonmen wrote: Even if there was a jester I would rather play smart and get a nonexclusive win then play badly and lose.
I tend to agree. So what if someone gets a solo win along with a town win? I consider it tied for first and not first and second place. If someone does a good job to get a solo win then I appreciate the effort.
I don't care, it's not my fault, I don't regret a single thing.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:02 am

Post by rite »

For the record, though, if 5cvm IS a jester, I don't consider how he's playing "a good job to get a solo win." He's just being annoying in the hopes that we lynch him because he's annoying.
Seregil
Seregil
Townie
Seregil
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Seregil »

Agreed rite. I was speaking of the general case.
I don't care, it's not my fault, I don't regret a single thing.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”