MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:01 am

Post by MrSuave »

Hoopla wrote:Who cares about his age or annoying posting style, just as long as contributes and does his best to find scum will be enough. Actually no, lets just policy lynch him.
I don't see how my actions give reason to policy lynch me. Please explain.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by iamausername »

xRECKONERx wrote:I'm scum.

Your reaction?
You're like the third person to claim scum so far in this game, and no one else appears to have any great success at generating useful lines of discussion with it, so I don't know why you thought it would work any better for you. In a nutshell.
Hoopla wrote:Who cares about his age or annoying posting style, just as long as contributes and does his best to find scum will be enough. Actually no, lets just policy lynch him.
If we were policy lynching anyone, tubby would clearly be a much better choice.

Unvote, Vote: geekalicious

This vote has a much better reason than my previous vote.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by geekalicious »

iamausername wrote:This vote has a much better reason than my previous vote.
And that reason would be....? Or is it a secret like the previous vote?
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

That is now 2 posts where MrSuave has specifically ignored my question.
Unvote. Vote: MrSuave.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by MrSuave »

it's not that I'm ignoring it, it's that it's a part of a game I'm still currently in. so I don't know atm. once it's done, I'll tell you. JW even said we shouldn't talk about the game that I'm in that is still in progress.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

MrSuave wrote:it's not that I'm ignoring it, it's that it's a part of a game I'm still currently in. so I don't know atm. once it's done, I'll tell you. JW even said we shouldn't talk about the game that I'm in that is still in progress.
That's fine, but you should have said that. As you don't know alignments in that game yet, why did you put any stock in the "3rd person is scum" theory?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:36 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

MacavityLock wrote:That's fine, but you should have said that. As you don't know alignments in that game yet, why did you put any stock in the "3rd person is scum" theory?
EBWOP: For clarity - "3rd person on the wagon is scum/scummy" theory.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:11 pm

Post by Nuwen »

I like iamausername's vote on Geek better than any other vote placed thus far, including my own.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:15 am

Post by MrSuave »

well any theory I have I've gotten from one of my games. I'm just using what I've learned so far. I guess isn't the smartest thing, seeing how the person that said it might be scum D=
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:53 am

Post by geekalicious »

Nuwen wrote:
I like iamausername's vote on Geek better than any other vote placed thus far, including my own.
Alright, with iamausername, I have a bit of an inkling why he may be voting for me since he's modded a game for me before. But why do you like the vote so much? And you still didn't answer my question on exactly what an age reveal from a given player (such as myself) tells you.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I am still happy with my vote on MrSuave.
green shirt thursdays
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:50 am

Post by Nuwen »

geekalicious wrote:
Nuwen wrote:
Alright, with iamausername, I have a bit of an inkling why he may be voting for me since he's modded a game for me before. But why do you like the vote so much? And you still didn't answer my question on exactly what an age reveal from a given player (such as myself) tells you.
Here's why Iam's vote appears unscummy to me and why Geek's reactions are more likely to come from scum than town:

1. From a scum perspective, Iam's vote on Geek would make little sense - he placed it early, without case material to stand on. The intent obviously comes from a non-scum faction pressuring out more information, prioritizing scum hunting over personal appearance.

2. Geek's posts fish for any information, any material, regardless of whether it's alignment indicative. Even after I declined to answer his post 72, he continued to push the age issue.
  • geekalicious wrote:
    Nuwen wrote:I never said the behavior was alignment-indicative, only that I didn't know whether is was specific to this game or a general floozyness. Do you think my inquiry is scummy?
    Then why did you want to know age if you didn't think it was alignment indicative...? I still don't see how age in particular is related to judging a person's particular posting style. For example, according to MrSuave's information, I'm in the same age range as him. How does that bit of information now help you in analyzing me?
    I asked here whether he thought my behavior was scummy or not, but never received a committing answer. Instead, Geek opts to push the age question further, gleaning case material that I've already said is alignment-neutral. He's taken a keen interest in what's been easy to latch onto, not what's valuable in parsing alignment.

And again here.
    geekalicious wrote: Alright, with iamausername, I have a bit of an inkling why he may be voting for me since he's modded a game for me before. But why do you like the vote so much? And you still didn't answer my question on exactly what an age reveal from a given player (such as myself) tells you.
    This is the beginning of a tactic called "muddying the waters," where my question about Suave's age (not alignment indicative, remember) suddenly becomes an important piece of the game to Geek because I chose not to answer him right away.
Why do you think Iam is voting for you, Geek?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:11 am

Post by geekalicious »

I've been wondering why you're fishing for information that I feel is irrelevant to the game, Nuwen, and that you admit is alignment non-indicative. Why ask a question if you don't feel that it's pertinent to scum finding? I wanted to give you more of a chance to reply to my line of thought before I deemed your question scummy. So yes, I do feel that it's scummy.

As far as why as iamausername is voting for me, I already noted that he was a mod in a game a played in previously. In that game, I was scum. Since we're still in a semi-random voting phase type area, I felt that might be the reason since he chose not to reveal reasoning when voting. However, I still want to hear his answer on the issue.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Vote Count (D1)

Nuwen (1) -- geekalicious
Hoopla (1) -- MrSuave
MrSuave (3) -- julienvonwolfe, xRECKONERx, MacavityLock
geekalicious (1) -- iamausername
SophisticDoctrine (1) -- ekiM
Toro (1) -- Toro
iamausername (1) -- Hoopla
ekiM (1) -- Nuwen

Not Voting (3) -- tubby216, SophistricDoctrine

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: 12 NOV 2009 at 5:15 pm UTC (Countdown)

SophisticDoctrine has been prodded (1st)
Last edited by HowardRoark on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
SophistricDoctrine
SophistricDoctrine
Townie
SophistricDoctrine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:16 am

Post by SophistricDoctrine »

vote MrSuave

I am jealous of his suavity.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:53 am

Post by ekiM »

Liking my vote.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by geekalicious »

SophistricDoctrine, you do realize that with 4 votes now on MrSuave, that we're past the point of random voting stage bandwagoning for random reasons?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by tubby216 »

SophistricDoctrine wrote:
vote MrSuave

I am jealous of his suavity.
so you put him at l-3 for bs reasons?

did you read the thread or do you crave the attention?
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by MrSuave »

yeah... even I agree that it's a little too late for an RVS vote
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Unvote, vote: MrSuave

for being suave or something.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by MrSuave »

okay... so I'm at L-2. I'm guessing someone/you want(s)s a claim or something?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Why are you so keen to claim?
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:17 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Unvote, Vote Geekalicious

Suave, stop reading the wiki and use a bit of common sense. A claim is a last measure before you're lynched, not a mechanical action to be taken whenever you hit x number of votes - most votes on you come from the RVS, do you really think you're in danger of being killed right now?
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:09 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

The whole thing between Nuwen and geek seems to have dissolved into 'no, you!' kind of shit. It took a bit of effort to follow their little back-and-forth.

The boring bit:
Nuwen wrote:MrSuave: How old are you, and how long have you been playing Mafia?
A reasonable question. No problems here.
Nuwen wrote:
MrSuave wrote:what does my age hav to do with anything?
and my startdate is under my pic. and if you must know, I was never in a noobie game. ever. But I have played RL mafia before this forum mafia. and again, what does that have to do with anything in this game?
I asked a question and I expect an answer, not an evasion. Learning fringe information about other players rims their posts with context.

How many games have you played on MS? My search page is doing that refresh blank thing.
Okay, so she wants to know fringe information in order to help establish a read. Fair enough.

geekalicious wrote:
Nuwen wrote:Because the tone and style of your posts sounds like a gerbil on amphetamines, and your age might reveal whether that's hyperactivity or game-relevant jitters. I'm assuming that since it's such a big deal, you're quite young. That's fine.
I'm not quite seeing what you can necessarily garner from MrSuave's age... Age doesn't necessarily translate into hyperactivity that could be used to excuse the jitteriness that MrSuave is exhibiting. Additionally, players within the same age range can have totally different levels of composure in the game, so I don't really think age can be counted in weighing scum tells. I think it's the player's personality in general that helps in weighing.
Geek wades in with a post that basically tells Nuwen off for collecting fringe info. I think he's missing the point, and possibly taking it personally; if Suave was indeed a hyperactive 13-year-old, that would be useful information, and as such, I think Nuwen's original enquiry of Suave was fine. However, Geek does make a good point that not all people of the same age are equal.

Interestingly, it does come across as a bit of a Suave defense, come to think of it. Geek, why did you feel the need to contribute this?

Nuwen wrote:I never said the behavior was alignment-indicative, only that I didn't know whether is was specific to this game or a general floozyness. Do you think my inquiry is scummy?
Nuwen replies in a manner that I approve of.

Geek wrote:Then why did you want to know age if you didn't think it was alignment indicative...? I still don't see how age in particular is related to judging a person's particular posting style. For example, according to MrSuave's information, I'm in the same age range as him. How does that bit of information now help you in analyzing me?
Geek shows that he continues to miss the point. But here's the interesting bit:

Nuwen wrote:1. From a scum perspective, Iam's vote on Geek would make little sense - he placed it early, without case material to stand on. The intent obviously comes from a non-scum faction pressuring out more information, prioritizing scum hunting over personal appearance.
Nuwen, I'm not seeing why scum wouldn't do this. IAUN's vote was basically at the tail end of the RVS in my opinion (see Hoopla's later Suave vote), and as such, didn't need a heck of a lot of reasoning behind it. I can see why he made it, though, if he is town.

Here's where they both accuse each other of the same thing:
Nuwen wrote:2. Geek's posts fish for any information, any material, regardless of whether it's alignment indicative. Even after I declined to answer his post 72, he continued to push the age issue.
geekalicious wrote:I've been wondering why you're fishing for information that I feel is irrelevant to the game, Nuwen, and that you admit is alignment non-indicative. Why ask a question if you don't feel that it's pertinent to scum finding? I wanted to give you more of a chance to reply to my line of thought before I deemed your question scummy. So yes, I do feel that it's scummy.
Geek just seems to have taken the whole age thing a bit personally, and to have missed the point to Nuwen's original question as a result. I would like him to explain why he leapt to Suave's defense, though.

Nuwen, for somebody who accused Geek of muddying the waters, has done a fine job of muddying the waters herself. She refused to answer a question from Geek - one that wouldn't have done any harm, had she answered it straight away - and then used his attempt to bring it up again to accuse him of 'muddying the waters'. How does it do this? I would've done the same.

Also, Nuwen, can you demonstrate how Geek has been fishing for info?
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:12 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

The whole thing between Nuwen and geek seems to have dissolved into 'no, you!' kind of shit. It took a bit of effort to follow their little back-and-forth.

The boring bit:
Nuwen wrote:MrSuave: How old are you, and how long have you been playing Mafia?
A reasonable question. No problems here.
Nuwen wrote:
MrSuave wrote:what does my age hav to do with anything?
and my startdate is under my pic. and if you must know, I was never in a noobie game. ever. But I have played RL mafia before this forum mafia. and again, what does that have to do with anything in this game?
I asked a question and I expect an answer, not an evasion. Learning fringe information about other players rims their posts with context.

How many games have you played on MS? My search page is doing that refresh blank thing.
Okay, so she wants to know fringe information in order to help establish a read. Fair enough.

geekalicious wrote:
Nuwen wrote:Because the tone and style of your posts sounds like a gerbil on amphetamines, and your age might reveal whether that's hyperactivity or game-relevant jitters. I'm assuming that since it's such a big deal, you're quite young. That's fine.
I'm not quite seeing what you can necessarily garner from MrSuave's age... Age doesn't necessarily translate into hyperactivity that could be used to excuse the jitteriness that MrSuave is exhibiting. Additionally, players within the same age range can have totally different levels of composure in the game, so I don't really think age can be counted in weighing scum tells. I think it's the player's personality in general that helps in weighing.
Geek wades in with a post that basically tells Nuwen off for collecting fringe info. I think he's missing the point, and possibly taking it personally; if Suave was indeed a hyperactive 13-year-old, that would be useful information, and as such, I think Nuwen's original enquiry of Suave was fine. However, Geek does make a good point that not all people of the same age are equal.

Interestingly, it does come across as a bit of a Suave defense, come to think of it. Geek, why did you feel the need to contribute this?

Nuwen replies in a manner that I approve of.

Geek wrote:Then why did you want to know age if you didn't think it was alignment indicative...? I still don't see how age in particular is related to judging a person's particular posting style. For example, according to MrSuave's information, I'm in the same age range as him. How does that bit of information now help you in analyzing me?
Geek shows that he continues to miss the point. But here's the interesting bit:

Nuwen wrote:1. From a scum perspective, Iam's vote on Geek would make little sense - he placed it early, without case material to stand on. The intent obviously comes from a non-scum faction pressuring out more information, prioritizing scum hunting over personal appearance.
Nuwen, I'm not seeing why scum wouldn't do this. IAUN's vote was basically at the tail end of the RVS in my opinion (see Hoopla's later Suave vote), and as such, didn't need a heck of a lot of reasoning behind it. I can see why he made it, though, if he is town.

Here's where they both accuse each other of the same thing:
Nuwen wrote:2. Geek's posts fish for any information, any material, regardless of whether it's alignment indicative. Even after I declined to answer his post 72, he continued to push the age issue.
geekalicious wrote:I've been wondering why you're fishing for information that I feel is irrelevant to the game, Nuwen, and that you admit is alignment non-indicative. Why ask a question if you don't feel that it's pertinent to scum finding? I wanted to give you more of a chance to reply to my line of thought before I deemed your question scummy. So yes, I do feel that it's scummy.
Geek just seems to have taken the whole age thing a bit personally, and to have missed the point to Nuwen's original question as a result. I would like him to explain why he leapt to Suave's defense, though.

Nuwen, for somebody who accused Geek of muddying the waters, has done a fine job of muddying the waters herself. She refused to answer a question from Geek - one that wouldn't have done any harm, had she answered it straight away - and then used his attempt to bring it up again to accuse him of 'muddying the waters'. How does it do this? I would've done the same.

Also, Nuwen, can you demonstrate how Geek has been fishing for info?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”